• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Tenki

Smash Hero
but guize

This is really effective against the IC's and Olimar! Makes it really hard for IC's to cg at lower percents and makes it impossible for Olimar to throw after a grab at low percents. TRY THIS!!!
:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
[collapse="too big to leave it uncollapsed"]
That's gross, tenki ._.

And people lay off Kinzer. He's a nice guy. Many of you have posted stupid stuff at least once before.

Speaking of Kinzer, all this time and I never added you on AIM like we talked about.

oops :(
Nah broseph. Forum policy. Even if I was having a bad day, no normal person would've done it.

Not, normal =/= depressed. I'm fine (now...).

Oh whoops. By "fine" I mean "happy." clearly I have (had?) some things to work out (did I already?), but I-

Eh, where am I going with this?

It's all good I guess. I just hope nobody hated me for too long, if at all.

My shoutouts to people from this board go to Goggles and Kinzer. Goggles pretty much predicted my exact performance down to SDing twice in my final game (which I would have won otherwise, ahh). And Kinzer... I downtaunted a ROB laser. :awesome:
@#$% yes! Tell me how did the guy feel afterwards? Did you ask?

the hell infzy?

what, am I supposed to not say anything and let people go around having no idea what to do when they get trashtalked?

I said we HAVE to hype ourselves because people WILL trashtalk you. And if you let that get to you you're going to lose.
Well, not being offended is right. Whether or not you should hype yourself up I don't know. I personally don't like to boast for reasons that are my own, but I'm sure others will do what they want.

I tried to stay up all night in an effort to pull a Kinzer but I couldn't make it. 5:45's my limit.
Lemme alone you jerk. <3 I ain't no Koala, I'm a guy who was some weird obsessions/fetishes/some other things he has to work out/find out about himself.

Tesh is a fkng troll and everyone should honestly stop acknowledging his existance
I wouldn't go that far. His trolling you should probably ignore/disregard sure, but even trolls have some substance every now and then. Least that's what I remember when he asked for video critique.

My god this page turned ludicrous fast.
I probably shouldn't have left so abruptly? Meh, wouldn't have made much difference.

Lolwut?

Lol tesh so right. I'm bad because I don't get 3 stocked by donkey kong and can hold my own against some pr'd/have been on the pr players in my region. I'll stay free.
You don't know how it feels until you lose to a Lucas. :trollface:

tesh you are a really bad troll though
This, broseph. If you wer better at trolling, you wouldn't have people ignoring you.

/bad your/you're joke
Get on that Transparent status Incom.

I need an Itunes card.
Comics for 99 cents? I should see about this.

:yoshi: Where did all the cool Sonic players go? .___.
I'm right he-

Oh wait.

Everyone's seriously overrating the value that this new grab release mashing tech has.
Why does it feel like whenever there's something, you're always around to say this? Lol, I find it funny though.

Woot woot, I'ma back... again~!

Yo Chis, my bad. I'll do better to keep it under control. Thanks.[/collapse]

Life

Smash Hero
Kinzer: he didn't seem to react, and I ended up losing after SDing twice so... (It was still fairly close though, had him at last stock 120%ish)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wait a minute.

I just remembered something.

GDit.

I was suppose to save that picture, and cut out everything else except for that face. I have plans to use that in the future. For responses, or whatever.

Promise, I'm no rapist.

... Although I don't mind a little Dane Cook every now and then.

And with that said, good night. Not that anybody else is awake, but yeah Winter Break, @#$% yeah.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Not much a shocker. At least now we have our own string of tournaments with a more unified stage list (ruleset soon?). Pound 5 looks amazing.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Some kid of one of the MLG officials wanted to sell his Brawl copy after hearing about the M2K/ADHD fiasco.

Brawl is serious business.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Don't see how its different than some kid wanting to quit a spot after finding out his favorite player cheats/ take steroids. Brawl didn't have much a chance regardless of the M2K incident. At least WHOBO and Pound will have a livestream or two.

Browny

Smash Hater
pretty sure ADHD/M2K was only a small factor.

As other have pointed out before, the $$$ in prizes given away was more than the money they earned through people actually paying for entry. Add to this the fact that it is not legal to be streamed, therefore they lose countless dollars in potential advertising revenue while other games would be bringing in more money than the actual in-person profits alone, it makes no sense to leave brawl in.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea developers backing is kinda a necessity for big scale tournaments and no one from nintendo seems to really care

Savon

Smash Ace
I do not really care that much since my parents would never let me go to a brawl tournament outside of New Orleans either way. Hopefully when I can travel we still have our major tournaments that are just as big as MLG

Life

Smash Hero
See, I kinda wish I could have made one just for the sake of going.

Apparently they might have "throwback" tournaments though, so Melee actually has more of a chance than Brawl now, LOL.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
(04:18:14) ghneko: so
(04:18:16) ghneko: me and my friend
(04:18:21) ghneko: are playing sonic fighters seriously
(04:18:21) ghneko: lol
(04:18:35) Bionic: wat
(04:18:39) ghneko: yes
(04:18:59) ghneko: its hilarious
(04:19:05) ghneko: we were looking up combos
(04:19:06) ghneko: and ****
(04:19:16) ghneko: Bean and Knuckles are top tier
(04:19:16) ghneko: lol
(04:19:26) ghneko: and apparently from the tier list we saw
(04:19:29) ghneko: >sonic = low
(04:19:32) ghneko: >tails = mid
(04:19:33) ghneko: lol
(04:19:44) ghneko: they said sonic's attacks are really punishable
(04:19:50) ghneko: and does meh damage
(04:19:55) Bionic: LOL
(04:19:55) ghneko: while still being moderately fast
(04:20:03) ghneko: he's also got a bunch of mix ups
(04:20:08) ghneko: and has fake outs
(04:20:23) ghneko: and is good at barrier (sheild) pressure
(04:20:33) ghneko: lol
(04:20:39) ghneko: sound familiar?
l ol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I researched Sonic the Fighters a long time ago. Sonic was supposedly high tier.

Times change.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yo, I'm curious.

Has anybody used the Steak Break Room?

Like, to post some secret stuff or any of that business?

I mean for anything. Does anybody (who is a member, obv) have an unanswered question or some sort of inquiry?

TBH, I hope I'm not the only one that feels like there's no use for it anymore at this point. I haven't looked in there for months. It's not like we need to hide anything from anybody anyway, right?

And it ain't like we need a getaway anyway, right? Least not with this around.

Ah, I remember back when it was needed. Good times.

And if it wasn't already obvious, check the community guide. Made a couple of points.

Life

Smash Hero
A lot of Sonic's Brawl moveset is inspired by The Fighters.

There's a vid on YT which I'm too lazy to look up that shows these things.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
you'd think but lolllll Fighters Sonic and Brawl Sonic dont feel like they'd play that similar.

But regardless.

Back to learning Tails. :V

P,K OOS > 4P+K into 8(charge)P or K is awesome.

But not as awesome as Tails' 2PK, K Launch > 2A Relauch > K Relauch > 2A Relaunch > 8 (CHRG) K. Escapable, but god damn does it do a lot of damage LOOOOL.

That and Poor Airtech escapes = Easy AirTech Chasing with Propeller Dash meaning LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL get *****.

Life

Smash Hero
BSP: Same idea here. We existed before MLG, we shall exist after. MLG was a good thing, but it's over and we can tolerate it.

I've been putting out the idea of a Smash-themed national circuit in the style of MLG.

How does one contact Sakurai?..

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Sonic had that ring attack, that ax kick, and that breakdance move from Battle as his Side Special, Down Air, and Fsmash, respectively, he'd be top tier.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yo espy i hate to brag but you'd be mad jealous of my christmas food set up

i just bought a chocolate cream pie, apple pie from one of the best dutch bakeries in ohio

we have bitter sweet chocolate shavings and chocolate covered marshmallows for our hot chocolate tomorrow morning when we wake up

goddamnit tomorrow is gonna own so hard

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
you'd think but lolllll Fighters Sonic and Brawl Sonic dont feel like they'd play that similar.

But regardless.

Back to learning Tails. :V

P,K OOS > 4P+K into 8(charge)P or K is awesome.

But not as awesome as Tails' 2PK, K Launch > 2A Relauch > K Relauch > 2A Relaunch > 8 (CHRG) K. Escapable, but god damn does it do a lot of damage LOOOOL.

That and Poor Airtech escapes = Easy AirTech Chasing with Propeller Dash meaning LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL get *****.
I doubt many people care about anything StF related.

If Sonic had that ring attack, that ax kick, and that breakdance move from Battle as his Side Special, Down Air, and Fsmash, respectively, he'd be top tier.
You'd want TWO garbage specials? Isn't homing attack bad enough? Ring toss was absolutely terrible in SB. Our fsmash is incredibly deceptive, so I'd like to keep that as well.

However, trading dairs would be tough. Would a Sonic prefer a meteor spike or a method to get to the ground from the air faster?

yo espy i hate to brag but you'd be mad jealous of my christmas food set up

i just bought a chocolate cream pie, apple pie from one of the best dutch bakeries in ohio

we have bitter sweet chocolate shavings and chocolate covered marshmallows for our hot chocolate tomorrow morning when we wake up

goddamnit tomorrow is gonna own so hard
I got better.
Still sounds pretty cool, though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sonic would be amazing with a spike, it would help his gimp game sooooo much more than dair, plus, it would probably have just as much priority, maybe more than the one he has now.

Top Bottom