• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
My only concern would be our lack of on-stage aerial pressure that we give to our opponents. Without dair, our momentum in the air is pretty mediocre.

A spike would still be awesome, but the trade off would hurt us too, I should think.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
iirc, the Ring Toss was optional to carry out fully. You could leave the ring well enough alone and continue attacking as you normally would. Would give Sonic another mind-game to use.

I still feel like Sonic should have had a Ring-based attack though, as rings are a staple in the franchise. So either that Ring Toss, or the Light Dash, but I don't know how that last one would carry out. Like a trail of rings that's going any direction instantly appears and Sonic dashes through them causing damage?

There's not really a single move of Sonic's that's younger than Sonic the Fighters, except for maybe Dair. Even Homing Attack dates way back to Sonic 3D Blast. It would've been interesting to see one of the "current" moves show up, like both versions of the Bounce Attack from SA2 and Sonic Advance 2 as a Dair or his Down B or something.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I still stand by what I thought would be an awesome interpretation of the light dash back before Brawl was even released (or Sonic confirmed), where upb, sideb, or neutral b would spawn a line of rings that you could control as they appeared, followed by Sonic following them.

In retrospect, it'd be like giving Lucario's ExtremeSpeed a hitbox.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the reason im for sonics moveset without rings in this game is the fact that he never inherently had them in any game. he always started at 0 and collected them as he progressed, not to mention the fact that rings were always collectable as a resource and were never used to attack opponent

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
sonic would be amazing with a spike, it would help his gimp game sooooo much more than dair, plus, it would probably have just as much priority, maybe more than the one he has now.
a spike doesnt need to be a Dair move tho, just look at DK

but if youd wanna argue for a better dair for sonic hell yea a spike would be 100x better

My only concern would be our lack of on-stage aerial pressure that we give to our opponents. Without dair, our momentum in the air is pretty mediocre.

A spike would still be awesome, but the trade off would hurt us too, I should think.
yea...that would be a the trade off. IDK take what you can get in brawl and just wait n see what the next smash is gonna bring

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sonic should have had at least one of his bubbles. From Sonic 3.

In particular, the fire one. (could have been side-B, since our current side-B didn't need to be a different move from down-B).

The lightning one could have been up-B but I guess spring is better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
back in 08 the hackers asked us what sonic should have had in this game, and the first thing I said was that his dair should have the same knockback trajectory as ZSS's

SoupaSonic

Smash Journeyman
I think one of those bubbles would be good for n-air. Have a longer lasting, multi hit (like lucas') with no lag, and have it combo into stuff too. That could give him set ups as well as add another approach for him.

Oh and are you guys gonna do that Sonic main mario kart race? I really wanna do that, it'd be a Sonic main bonding experience lol.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Insta-shield woulda been cool as the Nair. Very short duration, like 2-5 frames, but invincibility during the attack. Combo breaker a-la Wolf Shine.

Someone went through the trouble of ripping and converting the Wii's version of the Sonic 4 OST. Christmas came 6 hours early for me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see why ring dash couldn't be in. Its not like Sonic was ever able to spawn springs or use them as attacks in sonic games.

Ring dash could have easily been his > B, he doesn't really need 2 spindash moves. They are similar enough that they could have been separate variations of the same move (like samus missles, ivy razor leaf).

Homing attack would have been 10x cooler/more useful if it just homed one of your aerials in for you (sonic would be able to combo you all the way through the sky with my nair idea).

What I don't understand is how Sonic only has 1 ball form move that bounces off of things when it hits. Same nair we have now would feel more like Sonic if it bounced off of things like Link's Dair. The height Sonic gets would depend on which hitbox you hit with (strong,mid,weak). I mean thats exactly how it works on all the Sonic games anyway.

Sadly there will never be a hack project that just makes little adjustments like that.

His Dsmash should have been the Sonic tornado that was in Sonic Heroes. Its a much cooler move than homing attack and would fit into the game perfectly. Surely sonic moves fast enough to create powerful winds!

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
Man I should of played Sonic Championship (Sonic the Fighters) while I was at Gameworks today. Everytime I pass by the game someone was playing it. Also I spent majority of my points playing a ticket game called Galactix. I won 10,000 tickets when I left Gameworks. I bought myself a Nintendo themed Monopoly and Super Mario Yahtzee.

Anyway just in case I forget because I might play my new video games including Legend of Zelda Spirits Tracks that Kinzer got me for Christmas...

Merry day getting your tree by having Knuckles punch it down and have Vector place it on top of a New Flyer DE40LFR and taking it to your house and put ornaments including Sonic plushies and have Tails fly to the top of the tree and place a star on top of it and Sonic helping Santa out delivering presents to everyone and...oh forget it since probably no one will read this.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
First 4 is going to start taking pre-orders for a small Metal Sonic statue starting around the 28th, so there's something else for you to collect, lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Just make Sonic twice as fast as he is now.

Mhm.

And make Fsmash come out on the 2nd frame or something ridiculous.

:093:

Savon

Smash Ace
Is there ever a good time to use Sonics dtilt, usmash, or homing attack? If so when and how should I use them? I have been practicing with my Sonic pretty hard lately. I might debut him in friendlies at my next local tournament.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dtilt is primarily used for tilt locking characters at 0%, but after 45% or so, it's function is no different than SH Uair and Uthrow/Fthrow. Still, it's a fairly fast move, being Frame 6, and if you're having trouble getting the grab or Uair, Dtilt can be used.

Homing Attack doesn't really have an appeal to the point where it's "Use HA for this situation." It's a last resort for recovery mostly. But I do find use for it on landcampers who are just itching to grab me on landing. I lost count on how many times I've had Dair -> HA work because of it.

Usmash beats airdodges, and has invincibility + high priority to beat aerials, but it will never kill, and if anyone knows how the move works, it's going to be DIed. It;s best used as a Hyphen Smash for an "out of the blue" kind of attack.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I cant sleep, should i do sawnik next

also Christmas shout outs to SGD, steak, kid for being a broski, wifi lag, espy, and delicious chocolate

1. the pikachu pic is legit, however those things on the ends of his arms/paws, they look like fingers, but normally theyre a lot shorter like tiny little kirby arm nubs.

2. If you draw a picture of sonic, send it to me pls.

3. Awwww... i <3 u too bb. thx for the shouts.

4. get at me on aim when you get a chance.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dude i owe u like 20$ from mlg

limmie know if u want something on amazon

<3 i'll see if i can draw sawnik sometime in between playing golden sun and fallout today

pikachu looks fine imo

merry xmas shout outs to speed too <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

1. the pikachu pic is legit, however those things on the ends of his arms/paws, they look like fingers, but normally theyre a lot shorter like tiny little kirby arm nubs.
Have you SEEN Pikachu's paws in Brawl?
They're fingers. They're friggin' fingers.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have a tournament tmr ashley. and Im gonna be recording a bunch of matches. as long as I know I can count on you for my YT upload needs until I can figure out how to do it myself, I dont need you to buy me anything. save your money and do something nice for yourself.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Merry Christmas everyone!
Should've posted a nice, large version of your avatar for that.
I have scored a few Zangoose Claus pictures, so to speak.

And Ashley? She screams more of a Rebecca to me.
Oh well, the more you know.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
christmas is mah birfday...

Merry christmas everybody! I went and got myself a waccom tablet so now i can really go on and work on some images so if you guys want I'll make a sonic pic for the sonic boards as a gift :). I also got a Sonic cap from nee-chan so i think I'll wear it the next time i go to a tourney. and now that im getting used to my job i can save money for tourneys now.

speed is there anyway we can play each other more consistantly?

if anyone knows where i can get adobe cs5 programs for a reduced cost let me know. i need it.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Stash report, everybody!

- 1 Bluetooth Headset
- $25.00 Gift Card
- 1 Maroon sweater
- 1 long-sleeved blue shirt
- 1 pair of blue jeans
- 1 New Sonic Plushie
- 1 New Sonic shirt (easily my favorite Sonic shirt now <3)
- 1 Screwdriver tool set
- 1 copy of The Secret of NIMH on DVD (<333333)
- 4 goddamn mother****ing cases of Yoohoo chocolate drink!!!! ****!

This Christmas was awesome. <3~

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
- a TomTom, most likely going to be used to get to HOBOs and to Vegas Spring Break as a treat for my 21st birthday, and maaaaybe to Pound V
- Season 12 of South Park
- A hand vacuum which I DESPERATELY needed
- A printer which I needed even moreso
-2 pairs of black jeans
- A new 8G Ipod which is no bigger than a quarter for some stupid reason.
- $25.00 Itunes card
- $20.00 Wii Points Card (I have all the games I want on the Wii now though.....maybe I can get World of Goo!)
- $100.00 Walmart gift card.
- candy candy and more candy.
- $100.00 cash

All in all, a good haul for me, considering Seminole and Shawnee are backwater cities whose only claim to fame is that Shawnee is the landmark of the first Sonic restaurant, lol.

Browny

Smash Hater
- 1 GPS navigator
- Car mp3 player -> radio transmitter
- Various sums of money, all of which will go to my car eventually

:)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Did everyone get a GPS? lmao

I got one too.

:093:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I have a tournament tmr ashley. and Im gonna be recording a bunch of matches. as long as I know I can count on you for my YT upload needs until I can figure out how to do it myself, I dont need you to buy me anything. save your money and do something nice for yourself.
alright fair trade off then, send me the files zipped when ever your ready

i also plan on upgrading my equipment soon. So full blown 1080i HD here i come!

waccom tablet.
when i go to do my digital work this is the only thing i use to paint with

enjoy this thing it is extremely wonderful, and i hope to upgrade to a waccom tablet monitor once i land a good job

Stash report, everybody!

- 1 copy of The Secret of NIMH on DVD (<333333)
- 4 goddamn mother****ing cases of Yoohoo chocolate drink!!!! ****!
that movie is awesome and so is yoohoo

My stash report;

-Fallout New Vegas[as of 10 hours later im up to 2 game crashes]
-Golden Sun Dark Dawn
-$150 macys gift card
-$10 meijyer gift card
-$30 itunes gift card
-pair of girly boots
-soft house only stocks
-5 Long sleeved shirts
-4/5 girl related items[take a guess]
-mophie

However mom scored pretty hardcore, me her n dad pitched in together to get her a 499$ wifi ipad 2yr extended warranty, had to have a shield put on it professionally and leather cover to protect it.

After looking at the 3G one and the bills you'd need for 3G plus its $150 more over the wifi only, I convinced her to get the wifi one instead so she can download books and movies. Though she has to pre-download everything at home before she travels with it anywhere obviously.

Top Bottom