• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
he doesnt main the steak so we can safely ignore him without repercussions

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://assets.heavy.com/post_assets/2010/03/0213/1267552851_obama-sonic-backpack.jpg

Dont read this until you click the above link.

Ownasaurus (6:50:41 PM): you're too slow http://assets.heavy.com/post_assets/2010/03/0213/1267552851_obama-sonic-backpack.jpg
KIDGoggles (6:51:16 PM): as much as I love sonic
KIDGoggles (6:51:19 PM): and you know I love sonic
KIDGoggles (6:51:25 PM): and as much as I love obama
KIDGoggles (6:51:28 PM): and you know im black
KIDGoggles (6:51:39 PM): the harry potter still makes me want to vomit
Ownasaurus (6:51:40 PM): is that not the most confusing backpack ever?
KIDGoggles (6:52:00 PM): if you take the top off its not confusing at all
KIDGoggles (6:52:11 PM): since sonic is obviously black
KIDGoggles (6:52:21 PM): it only makes sence that he would endorse obama
Ownasaurus (6:53:17 PM): with your logic i guess that makes some degree of sense

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Omg Gais Liek Shadofiend Is The Best Sonic He's Out Here ****** So Hard Right Now! He May Be Up There With X!!

Imma Try To Save Videos!! He Just Beat A Really Good Snake In Our Region 10 Times In Friendlies And Then Went On To Beat One Of Our Best Warios!!! He's Really Good!! And Get This, He Doesnt Even Play This Game He Says!!! I Asked Him His Controls On Sonic Because Im Learning Him Now And He Said There Is No Attack Button On His Controller. Only Grab Buttons. Do All Sonics Do This? Plze Tell Me Thanks!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Rofffll I'm doing soooo bad sovvaaa! Speed rapin for freeeee. All I can say is mm wins :( I choke too much Lost to a nado spam mk and a warioooo. Hollllaaaaa~ Speed broke my spirit D: after winners.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
I mm'd the people speed beat but boss and snak attack. Played ck and takeover. Went 2-1 with ck and 2-1 with takeo double or nothin. Man its tough out here.

Edit: it doesn't come close tenki lol

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
**** you. Let me play this game abit more and I'll be better than you again. Just you wait sck trll. I'm joining tournies again to hit my prime.

Btw I still made more money than you at this event. Sova!

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Imma swallow my pride and ask how to beat a ksizzle like mk. Abuse of the b button and air camping with dair and fairs. I had a tough time approaching. It still went last stock each game but it was troublesome. Didn't wanna go falco since I'm tryin to re main scourge.

I did all the things preached on these boards. Baited tornados. Asc'd into the middle of some even. But once he got the lead he would not approach. Most of my kills were me using the X strategy and just holding down b until I saw a lag frame on something then bairing after spindash. :/ Mk gives me trouble again. Sigh.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Imma swallow my pride and ask how to beat a ksizzle like mk. Abuse of the b button and air camping with dair and fairs. I had a tough time approaching. It still went last stock each game but it was troublesome. Didn't wanna go falco since I'm tryin to re main scourge
Like he's gonna tell a sonic main how to beat prominent mk. Just time them the heck out and play patiently. (next to impossible for me to beat those kinds of MK's.)

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Btw speed I don't want your advice. I'm asking more-so. Dad or Kid or someone who knows what's up and goes through it. :/ I don't want some guy who happens to be a rival and that I will get better than's advice.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
thats sounds all kinds of gay

which is why i prefer using snake over DDD for MK -_-

Btw speed I don't want your advice. I'm asking more-so. Dad or Kid or someone who knows what's up and goes through it. :/ I don't want some guy who happens to be a rival and that I will get better than's advice.
LLOLOLOLOLOLL

also who is dad

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Imma swallow my pride and ask how to beat a ksizzle like mk. Abuse of the b button and air camping with dair and fairs. I had a tough time approaching. It still went last stock each game but it was troublesome. Didn't wanna go falco since I'm tryin to re main scourge.

I did all the things preached on these boards. Baited tornados. Asc'd into the middle of some even. But once he got the lead he would not approach. Most of my kills were me using the X strategy and just holding down b until I saw a lag frame on something then bairing after spindash. :/ Mk gives me trouble again. Sigh.
talk to shugo. he 2 stocked me at snes. sure ive gotten better since then but i believe the strategy i use on people with mk doesnt work on really good sonics. he forced me to go lucario on him to win. i still wouldnt use mk on him lol

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
also who is dad
Espy.

Anyway Shado, I'm not sure what advice to give other than being super-duper patient, and going to Smashville/FD if you can. I'm not sure if you've read it yet; but just in case you haven't, the platform will give you some extra recovery options against MK (you'll need anything you can take), and it doesn't affect MK at all because he's still broken as @#$%.

I'll let you know what you need to do when I deal with my own Meta problem. -_-

~TBS~

Smash Champion
I can"t time out an mk who has the lead and is willing to time me out if need be. It was the most annoying match I had all day. I hate it.
ugh i know. <___________<

@_@ i go through it what the heck dude. But if you dont want my advice, thats understandable.

LLOLOLOLOLOLL
also who is dad
Kinzer beat me to it. Espeh.

talk to shugo. he 2 stocked me at snes. sure ive gotten better since then but i believe the strategy i use on people with mk doesnt work on really good sonics. he forced me to go lucario on him to win. i still wouldnt use mk on him lol
i must be terrible cause i got ***** by you. :(

Espy.

Anyway Shado, I'm not sure what advice to give other than being super-duper patient, and going to Smashville/FD if you can. I'm not sure if you've read it yet; but just in case you haven't, the platform will give you some extra recovery options against MK (you'll need anything you can take), and it doesn't affect MK at all because he's still broken as @#$%.

I'll let you know what you need to do when I deal with my own Meta problem. -_-
i dont know what to do vs those kinds of MK's...like honestly. i try to be patient but they always get the little damage in and it builds and builds. so annoying. @_@

EDIT: Dangit someone help us out with this thing. We cant get anywhere if mk is rapin like this. (By us i mean me and shado. i dont know if anyone else is getting meta-*****.) Shugo...i cant find him on aim alot anymore and he's been rather elusive lately. Uuuuuugh.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dr. G actually ***** me with that mess last night.

basically you just have to shield it and be frame perfect on your grab punishes or else you get spot dodge down smashed.

and sometimes theyll do it so much that you just have to run away cus you just dont have enough shield. but basically my flow chart goes like.

first nado: shield and grab punish.
3rd/4th nado after shield is low: is there stage behind me?

if yes: run away and attempt to run back in and punish with either grab, dash attack, or shield grab(shield grab is the option if you are running in and you know you arent going to make it in time to punish the lag and you think he is going to preemptively either spot dodge or down smash)
if no: either spring, or jump into it and preemptively DI up on both sticks.
from there you can spring, airdodge through it, or up air him from the top. (I list these in order from most to least reliable.)

if he is approaching with nado from a good distance away, or he is attempting to nado you while you are stuck charging spindash, do a VSDJ and homing attack.

if you are in a compromising position and you know you are going to get nadoed, SDI up and hard and as fast as possible on both sticks before you even get hit. you might only take 4% from it.

im really upset that this is what I have to do to counter:

"When sonic tries to hit you hit the B button."

thats all mk needs to know, yet i gotta write a fkn dissertation on how to beat it with sonic.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Dr. G actually ***** me with that mess last night.

basically you just have to shield it and be frame perfect on your grab punishes or else you get spot dodge down smashed.

im really upset that this is what I have to do to counter:

"When sonic tries to hit you hit the B button."

thats all mk needs to know, yet i gotta write a fkn dissertation on how to beat it with sonic.
couldnt you just hold the shield and when they spotdodge, wait for it to end and grab? Also, that last bolded statement is true and annoying. :mad:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
couldnt you just hold the shield and when they spotdodge, wait for it to end and grab? Also, that last bolded statement is true and annoying. :mad:
run back in and punish with either grab, dash attack, or shield grab(shield grab is the option if you are running in and you know you arent going to make it in time to punish the lag and you think he is going to preemptively either spot dodge or down smash)

ur2slow.
10uareobviouslynotthesonicmasters.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Speed it doesn't matter to you. You played against Korn and he doesn't play like that at all. He is smarter but doesn't play as gayly/effective. I should haave won that match man. That pissed me off the rest of the tourney. **** mk..I swear. Ugh...after ****** so hard the night before I lose to mk. Ugh..

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
dont beat yourself up over it bro

there will always be a next time for us kings of baddies

Top Bottom