• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sexist Sakurai - The fall of women in Brawl

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, that's just a necessity. The game wouldn't work otherwise.

The game would however work perfectly fine if Ganondorf wasn't somehow weaker in every respect compared to Snake, although the former is a warlock with the power to singlehandedly overthrow a whole country and who can't actually be hurt without the Sword of Evil's Bane, while the latter actually has to avoid any conflict because he can easily be overwhelmed by a bunch of random mooks, or how Metaknight's cute little flip in the air, or, well, basically ANYTHING is stronger than Samus' nair, or, Game&Watch... just Game&Watch.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I want Ashley for SSB4. She'll probably kick ***.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't really think Sakurai was actually thinking about a tier list; I think Sakurai was thinking about how to best make it so that there wouldn't be one at all >_>

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Sakurai made Meta Knight the best character since he made him up, he made King DDD very good and Kirby good, thats bias. and since they are all male, he nerfed the female(Exept Zelda)

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Half the reason why people want so many fems in Brawl is so they can fap to them when hentai of them gets drawn and posted on AerisDies. Fems 'truly' worthy of being in the next Smash are Lip, Barbara, Daisy, Krystal, maybe (if Leon doesn't make it), and very few others.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
For someone with a Midna avatar, I'm surprised she isn't on your list.
Trust me, I love Midna. But if Zelda needs more reps, Vaati and Masked Link (Deku/Goron/Zora Link) are the highest on my list. Vaati is a staple though. In truth, he's the first villain of Zelda, chronologically in-game ofc. Masked Link would, no doubt, be so cool, with Fierce Deity Link as the Final Smash. Midna, on the other hand, has only been in one game, and it really hurts her chances, even though Wolf Link would be extremely badass. And Idk about Tetra, really. If they make more Wind Waker-type of games with Tetra appearing in them, then by all means, Tetra for SSB4.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't really think Sakurai was actually thinking about a tier list; I think Sakurai was thinking about how to best make it so that there wouldn't be one at all >_>
I think Sakurai was not actually thinking about a tier list, I think he was thinking "ooooo, Metaknight and Snake and retro characters! How I love you so!", distantly followed by "wait there's other characters?"

EDIT: Hey, Tetra's been in two games, while Sheik has been in one. You could easily give her a similar moveset and make Zelda independent.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I think Sakurai was not actually thinking about a tier list, I think he was thinking "ooooo, Metaknight and Snake and retro characters! How I love you so!", distantly followed by "wait there's other characters?"

EDIT: Hey, Tetra's been in two games, while Sheik has been in one. You could easily give her a similar moveset and make Zelda independent.
That was Melee. I don't think any of us saw Sheik coming, lol.

@WiiWouldLikeToPlay: Indeed he would. But he needs more games. <_< More of his sorcerer look, imo. =p

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm not a furry, or a particularly ardent starfox fan. But Krystal should have been in for one simple reason. Her gender.

She may not be "badass" and she may be in sub-par starfox games, but Krystal would have added another female and really is/was the only viable female choice. I stll cannot believe that the only new female char is an origional fighter with her clothes off. Now THATS mysogony.

It's a shame as well about peach/shiek, but from my experience the meta game has simply been broadened. More characters (including the girls) have an actual chance of victory now.
This is stupid no character should be included or left out because of gender falco and wolf are more important the end

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
This is stupid no character should be included or left out because of gender falco and wolf are more important the end
This. Krystal is pretty much fanservice, T&A, Fox's booty call, whatever you want to call it. She's such a sexualized character - even her trophy had her in a "LOOK AT MY T*TS" pose - and that might be part of why I object to her so much, along with the unnecessary use of K (I get irritated with C being replaced with K, especially for girls' names). If she was Crystal and not Krystal I might have an easier time with her.

Bottom line is, Krystal is to Star Fox what ZSS is to Brawl.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well to begin:

-Sakurai obviously dislikes them due to the obvious lack of Female representation
- like stated, all but Zelda (who didn't matter) got all nerfs which narrowed their damage dealing power

so basically... yea Sakurai lacks interest in female representaion or just doesn't notice it or care at all

Prax

Smash Journeyman
I always thought samus was a guy!

When I saw ZSS. I was like.....wa? But hes.... oioi ;)
It took you this long to figure it out?

But anyways, here are the characters I would like to see in SSB4, but I don't necessarily expect them to get in.

Midna (with wolf Link)
Lyn
Krystal
Mona
Daisy (if they don't make her a clone of Peach)
Rosalina (same as Daisy, no clone)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Lol, I can't believe no one said this yet. Pit is half female. :p

Listen to his voice. And look at him. He/ She is the second most feminine character in the game (next to Marth)

lol Pit.

I'm all for Rosalina.

Edit: You commented as I typed…
Either way, Pit is not a girl. An angel who died young and will be stuck with that voice forever, yes.

RedSnowman

Smash Apprentice
Lol it is a conspiracy. I haven't noticed or minded too much though because Zelda has been my main for a while. I thought she was good in the old one and in this one she got a lot better... :) Seriously though... Samus got nerfed like none other.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think that even if there aren't too many important women in Brawl, making a roster should be about how varied the roster would be. Too many males for me.

I'd like for females:

Krystal ("sexy for furries")
Mona ("goofy/wierd")
Paula ("girly/underestimated")
Micaiah ("thank god not another blue haired swordsman/woman")
Mii ("make your own female character")

Is that a good list? With those 4 + Mii, I think then Smash would be good with those female characters.

I have trouble thinking of Nintendo 1st party women who don't use magic besides Mona.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I think that even if there aren't too many important women in Brawl, making a roster should be about how varied the roster would be. Too many males for me.

I'd like for females:

Krystal ("sexy for furries")
Mona ("goofy/wierd")
Paula ("girly/underestimated")
Micaiah ("thank god not another blue haired swordsman/woman")
Mii ("make your own female character")

Is that a good list? With those 4 + Mii, I think then Smash would be good with those female characters.

I have trouble thinking of Nintendo 1st party women who don't use magic besides Mona.
going back to my original statement

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that seemingly no woman in brawl can do more than 18 damage or so without magic or a cannon? Just a thought.. I mean, all the characters besides Suited Samus and Zelda seem to have to KO at higher percents. I mean, yeah, medically and statistically men are stronger than women but dude medically there aint nobody who can do a double jump.

And it's a tad screwed up that you can't pick a sex for PT. I mean come on. It's a 100% cosmetic character. He sits in the background and yells thing. Yes, you have to drag in a female employee to do the voices. And you have to click two buttons and make a new character model. Is it that hard?

Nana does 60% of how much damage Popo can do. Isn't that sexist?

Asuron

Smash Rookie
I think the OP took this a little bit to seriously...
i was under the impression this was supposed to be a joke thread

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if anyone has mentioned these two characters yet, but I was kind of hoping that Amy Rose or Blaze the Cat might be in SSBB. :( By the way, I'm male. I really thought Blaze the Cat would've been cool, since she could fit in with Sonic, but I guess you can't have everything. Also, I think they should've made Lyn playable instead of an Assist Trophy. :ohwell:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Has anyone noticed that seemingly no woman in brawl can do more than 18 damage or so without magic or a cannon? Just a thought.. I mean, all the characters besides Suited Samus and Zelda seem to have to KO at higher percents. I mean, yeah, medically and statistically men are stronger than women but dude medically there aint nobody who can do a double jump.

And it's a tad screwed up that you can't pick a sex for PT. I mean come on. It's a 100% cosmetic character. He sits in the background and yells thing. Yes, you have to drag in a female employee to do the voices. And you have to click two buttons and make a new character model. Is it that hard?

Nana does 60% of how much damage Popo can do. Isn't that sexist?
No it's not. It's a fact woman are weaker then men.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ashley for SSB4!
And I think Dasiy should finally get her own moveset.

Hell, throw Morrigan in there just for the hell of it... nice little third party treat, forget MegaMan.

Fawriel

Smash Master
No it's not. It's a fact woman are weaker then men.
That's just as much of a fact as the fact that you are about 50% female. I think you might want to look up the definition of "statistics".
And ponder why a weak woman would be in a fighting game in the first place.
Or why this statistical realism wouldn't count for children. That must be one really strong stick Lucas is swinging around.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Honestly, I think Yuna just likes finding things to whine about for a post count ;)

Seriously though, what makes you say the Rob isn't a girl? Look at those sexy curves!

Top Bottom