• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
thank you based itasoftware

300 is ez to achieve.

ken get your spending money, we'll raise the funds.

w TCB's 100$ we just need 200$ from the community

this isn't even the cheapest flight, the cheapest lies somewhere around 260ish iirc. i chose this flight because i'm sure ken doesn't wanna get up at like 6:30 fkn AM to go to apex. if he does and he wants to re-tour NY again or something...lol

300 = flight
if he ends up in a room w like 4 or 5 people, hotel = 90

beyond that ken should be responsible. i'd argue that he should be responsible for hotel also but w/e

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'd donate. However, like someone else mentioned earlier, I think you should set up an incentives system. One of the reasons I'd donate is for the opportunity to play Ken in a few friendlies myself; I'd be much more excited to donate if doing so allowed me to skip the line of people waiting to play him in friendlies.

ex:

$10 = a friendly bo3 set with Ken
$20 = a friendly bo5 set with Ken
$50 = an hour of friendlies with Ken

Thoughts?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Ppl are being too hasty!!

.............. Let me freaking post something tonight!! Don't jump to any further conclusions!!

This thread has ????? All over it and at this point I am not going to apex

:phone:

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
with that price, I'd donate

but yeah, i'd really like it if he practiced first/watched some more videos got up to date with some of the modern terms/techniques etc if he's gonna do commentary.

Life

Smash Hero
Ppl are being too hasty!!

.............. Let me freaking post something tonight!! Don't jump to any further conclusions!!

This thread has ????? All over it and at this point I am not going to apex

In the time you spent writing this post, you could have written that one instead. Food for thought.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
People, please remember Ken's on the west coast. I'll have to read his post tomorrow, since it's already pass 12 for me.

Ether

Smash Ace
I feel like 1000$ is a bit much, is a non-international flight really that expensive? Straight up though I'd donate to play him and I think others would too. Should start a kickstarter

1$-picture with ken
5$-Bo3
10$-Bo5
100$-Teammate in Doubles
Might as well use his popularity
I would pay $100 for Ken to team with me at Apex.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
SJ2 if I do end up going let's play a lot during christmas break

HEEUUUUGHHH.

ALL OF MY HEEUUUUUGHS.

Will definitely read your post @ 11PST/2EST. But since I've got work tomorrow, I'm going to get a nap.

HYPE.

I'm probably more of a Ken fanboy than any of you *****es. I'd drop $200 if I went to APEX for him to team with me. And if we placed in money, I'd want to split all the dough.

Landry

Smash Ace
I think everyone should pitch in just for an in practice Ken. If he's seriously considering playing and getting tuned up before Apex then that's so ****ing hype. I wanna see non-rusty Ken play in 2013 and you all should too.

Its ****ing Ken, guys. Come on.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
I swear to god I will write another ****ing article describing how much I want to see you play, Ken.

<3

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Ken, if you do go, please team with s2j to create a pseudo El Chocolate Diablo team. Or somehow convince Isai–who is going for 64 I believe–to team with you.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Ken, if you do go, please team with s2j to create a pseudo El Chocolate Diablo team. Or somehow convince Isai–who is going for 64 I believe–to team with you.
Lol phone is dying in 3minutes... SJ2 isn't Isai. He's not mexican and he can't magically make the letter "M" appear on his forehead.

In all honesty I haven't spoken to isai in 6 or 7 years.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand the negativity.

I'd enjoy seeing Ken go to Apex, and I would wager that the vast majority of the community would too.

Is hypocrisy popular, now?

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Lol phone is dying in 3minutes... SJ2 isn't Isai. He's not mexican and he can't magically make the letter "M" appear on his forehead.

In all honesty I haven't spoken to isai in 6 or 7 years.

Hence why I said pseudo because Johnny isn't Isai but he does play a sick Falcon XD

Max?

Smash Champion
FOR BRITISH EYES ONLY.

truth. Last year, APEX had a lot of viewers, and a lot of people would equate a Ken to a Daigo/Justin Wong in our community, due to his stature. I'd love to see him at APEX, but I think a lot of people want to see a survivor (pun fully intended), someone who is making a last grasp (or another grasp) toward his past winnings, placings, etc.

That being said, if he's working on reaching his previous form, I'd throw in money, hands down.
The call out

Now we're funding players that aren't even good?
Shots

Ether

Smash Ace
Ken can do it though! Give him 10.5 hours of sleep, hard training from Cali's best over the next few weeks, and he'll do some damage. He's a freakin genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom