• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SephirothKen @ APEX 2013: FUND?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
New York City in the winter? Plus we get to hang out again buddy <3
Sadly I'm not a very social person IRL so I can't give much else than recording and feel awkward when people talk to me, unless you like what I do which is sightseeing (as in seeing cool stuff, not just "hanging out") and adventure (as in going to where the cool stuff is)... =).

Anyway, this is off-topic. Getting to record some Ken videos just gave an extra spark into my interest in going, but I'd need more to make it worth it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I think supporting Ken is certainly a way of supporting your community. A name as big as his at one, if not the, biggest tournaments for Smash? I think we'd see a lot of interest from outside of the community if he were to attend.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I thought we discussed only mango gets a nation? #KenDynasty

I'd donate something for sure if he practices and promises to play captain jack should he come again.

:phone:

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
If Ken comes, I would love to see Ken vs Isai in Melee and 64, BO3, just for the fun of it happening!

Obviously streamed!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
it's awkward cuz anyone who heard his commentary made it a meme, and anyone who saw his play realized he has a way to go (probably more than a month of catching up) so....unless he really figures out one of these areas, i'm not exactly sure why we'd bring him other than nostalgia.

but if nostalgia is enough to bring in the money then uh...make it happen i guess.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I feel like 1000$ is a bit much, is a non-international flight really that expensive? Straight up though I'd donate to play him and I think others would too. Should start a kickstarter

1$-picture with ken
5$-Bo3
10$-Bo5
100$-Teammate in Doubles
Might as well use his popularity

NNID
dansalvato
it's awkward cuz anyone who heard his commentary made it a meme, and anyone who saw his play realized he has a way to go (probably more than a month of catching up) so....unless he really figures out one of these areas, i'm not exactly sure why we'd bring him other than nostalgia.

but if nostalgia is enough to bring in the money then uh...make it happen i guess.
I think Ken has the mind of a top-level player and only needs to catch up with his playstyle, so I think it should be a quick process in having him heavily improve.

Besides that, it largely IS the celebrity factor in having him come, and nobody should have an issue with that. Obviously nobody wants him to NOT go, haha.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^ says the marth main lol

I want ken vs. pc chris

also kickstater takes a huge chunk of the money from what I've heard, so just use paypal
lol I was only joking. Still think the paying for matches thing should happen though. He can get his own tv and just play out each set, easy practice.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
With housing by IE and assuming Ken can fund around 50% of his own trip, a reasonable goal would probably be a couple hundred, maybe in the range of $250-$350.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Guys, Ken lives in the west coast. You know, the best coast. If he were to practice with local players, he'd have the best practice in the nation. Also, if we still believe in the whole EVO thing, it'd be a good thing if Ken goes. I'm sure even more people would check out the stream. Also, where's that one guy that donated like several hundred dollars towards Javi effectively completing the fund? mite b cool if you help out Ken! XD

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Ok for serious here, why are we making a fund for Ken?

If its for his "commentary", I would MUCH rather see a fund for Wobbles (#1), Doggysamich, or Wife, D1 or Prog.

If its for him to play, there are dozens of better players (mostly european or mexican) I'd rather see $1000 go towards.

If its for nostalgia or something, then whatever. But if we're gonna be raising thousands of dollars to fly people out, lets make some logical decisions

inb4 "well thn start ur own fund" etc

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I have never felt such an urge to donate... If only I had some money lol. Hopefully this actually happens.

Tink

Smash Hero
wow, alot of the new players are pretty stupid....ken still had the best DI at KoC and he was 5 years without playing.....all hes missing is tech skill, which is easy to get back...any player thats quit the game and gone back can tell you. if hes actually practiced, he will dominate at apex.

just like chu still dominates and chillin

abcool

Smash Ace
I would love to see New School Vs Old School Crew battle. I would also love to see Ken and Isai team for the fun of it. Ken is a Smash Legend. My community wouldn't exist if i didn't see Ken vs Bombsolider of just Ken in general at MLG.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There's no way it's going to cost that much. Check on flights to Newark, then Kennedy/LaGuardia. I know someone could pick him up.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Wait till 11pm tonight or 12 when I'm somewhat free to make a post, didn't I say that?

Edit: don't give blur any **** either dudes just trying to help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom