• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SCS) Steel City Showdown! July 26th, Pittsburgh, PA -LIVESTREAM IS UP!

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
Master Chief aint gettin ****, lol im just not that great with jiggly puff thats all >.<

at the tourn, we'll do some money matches... smash ball only, lol jk... the members of smashboards are so tourney *** that when they see my tattoo, they're like... whats that? cool orb... and im like, its the smash ball, and they're like... the what? i never heard of that... and im like, its an item... and they're like... item? what the **** is an item?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
lol RHCP, that's actually true... sometimes it's hard to remember which items were in which games at this point =P

Currently accepting money matches in Egyptian Rat Screw

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Darth Waffles = Fishy

And yes he is ^_^

:093:

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
lol RHCP, that's actually true... sometimes it's hard to remember which items were in which games at this point =P

Currently accepting money matches in Egyptian Rat Screw
yeah, wtf is an item? lol one time i had items set to low, and like a minute into the match a bomb dropped and blew me up... i was like what the ****, and right before i died i already had a no contest, its like a reflex... second nature to not have items, i didnt blink nor think, my and my friends chars were just clapping lol...

and whats egyptian rat screw? what ever it is, ill do it if money is involved... oh and, who do u main?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
oh wow, I just noticed Fishy doesn't display his main character..

lulz

crafty

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
$5 MM, 1 on 1, no item, final destination, 3 stock, no time limit, choose your character and press start when both ready!

$10 MM, RANDOM CHAR SELECTION, final destination, 3 stock, no time limit, press start when both ready!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Done. I'm serious, too =P

By "counts" I'm going to assume you mean "sandwiches" as in 7-8-7 instead of 7-8-9 since that's how Pennsylvania rolls :laugh:
those are called "sandwiches" in ohio and no one really likes em. With counts you start out by saying "2" when you put down your card then your opponent says "3" and so on. If the card you play matches the number you say, it becomes slappable. It makes the game much less luck based.

I'm lax on that rule though, if you've never played that way I don't want to make it unfair.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I've never tried doing that but it sounds interesting... I guess we'll work that out when we meet

Edit: Finally, my posts per day is haunter again.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Cam I knew you would think that was directed to you, which it wasn't. I just like gengar.

:094:

bowz

Smash Journeyman
m@v I'll bring my wii. But i promise if ANYTHING gets stolen, ****'s going down. My wii is super decked out.

Also bringing my capture card.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
man stop speaking this gibberish! My birthday is the day AFTER the tourn, so I expect gifts that day... ill be turning 19 lol what eve

M@v

Subarashii!
**** YOU OHIANS! PA step it up. win this!
Cam if ithrow out sonics you your getting a ball tap when I see you.
Have you seen me lift weights? it's not pretty.
OH took this from me in december when I didnt know how to fight MK. I got this.

Cam, you better get top 5, and so should ITT. And if Rev comes I want him in the top 5 too. Basically, I want a TOE top 5. That is all.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
OH took this from me in december when I didnt know how to fight MK. I got this.

Cam, you better get top 5, and so should ITT. And if Rev comes I want him in the top 5 too. Basically, I want a TOE top 5. That is all.
trust me you'll get a ToE top 5. i might even be able to pull it off too. who knows

•Col•

Smash Champion
Meh, haven't been feeling teh Brawl lately.

Might just go all Ike for this tournament for fun.

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
pretty much, lol if u ike, your stupid... just sayin, ur better off picking samus like crews

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lol bowz, kk

Also, Fishy really does main Goomba. The strategy is to CP Mario and SH Foostool alot -_-

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
M@V, my Lucas can beat his ike, you just messed up badly on delfino plaza I guess... It's the stages fault o.O :)

I faced some good Ike users you just focus more on defense rather than running in on them... Spam lazer, zip away (with falco or fox) repeat

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm planning on coming to this, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it... I might be visiting family instead that weekend...

I'll be looking forward to playing "too many Sonic mains" and meeting my old clanmate from wifi... Finally had enough of CoD, bowz? :p

RHCPFan1

Smash Apprentice
Bottom line, I am going to this to do some MM's... I personally hate sonic and I only picked him like five times. I'm sure if I picked him as much as Cam or any other sonic mains I could be in the top 20s or something, I just don't like him.

As for Lucas, I pick him all the time and I pretty much know most of his techniques, I can **** people with Lucas but I know that Sonic owns Lucas. Sonic is much faster and Lucas doesn't have any way of efficently hitting sonic. His PK Fire/Thunder works but not as much as it should and if Lucas misses, than your wide open. His grab is way to slow for Sonics speed and PK Freeze, pssh...yeah right... Sonic is much better with melee style fighting, rather than Lucas.

Pretty much the reason why I am not using Lucas in the tournament (100% for sonic mains, and like 50% for anyone else)... The way Crews plays with Samus, I probably wont be using Lucas either.

I'll pull out my counter main, and we can all do some money matches if you want...

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Bottom line, I am going to this to do some MM's... I personally hate sonic and I only picked him like five times. I'm sure if I picked him as much as Cam or any other sonic mains I could be in the top 20s or something, I just don't like him.

As for Lucas, I pick him all the time and I pretty much know most of his techniques, I can **** people with Lucas but I know that Sonic owns Lucas. Sonic is much faster and Lucas doesn't have any way of efficently hitting sonic. His PK Fire/Thunder works but not as much as it should and if Lucas misses, than your wide open. His grab is way to slow for Sonics speed and PK Freeze, pssh...yeah right... Sonic is much better with melee style fighting, rather than Lucas.

Pretty much the reason why I am not using Lucas in the tournament (100% for sonic mains, and like 50% for anyone else)... The way Crews plays with Samus, I probably wont be using Lucas either.

I'll pull out my counter main, and we can all do some money matches if you want...
We still on for that $20 MM? Tyr's Lucas 2-0'd me in pools at TYM 6 this weekend. I'll face any of your characters though, best 2 out of 3? 3 out of 5?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I normally wouldn't do MM, but I would try one against RHCP...maybe a few others. Not much, just enough to cover my tourney fee. We'll just have to see what happens.

The tournament is more interesting, anyway. I guess my worst match is...the G&W player? Or maybe I'll end up having to fight all Sonic and MKs. Either way, I'll have you know that FLUDD doesn't do any damage.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I hope you all MM RHCP and realize that he's actually legit on top of being a pro trash talker.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
RHCP is known for his trash talk and legitimate Brawl abilities.

Falcon ditto MMs anyone?

Or Sonic MMs (no dittos >_>)

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
ONE WEEK AND COUNTING MUTHA ****ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait to see how good everyone has gotten.

M@v

Subarashii!
IMPORTANT NEWS

There is a good chance we will do seeding pools at this. I dont know if anyone is going to get eliminated from them, but well see(I doubt it).There seems to be a wide range of skill levels, and I dont want 2 guys who are amazing having to fight in the first round.

For those who don't know how pools work, read on.

You are put into a group(pool) of people, usually anywhere from 4-7 a piece. Each person play everyone else in the pool(Normal tourney rule set). After everyone is done, this is how seeding is determined.

-The player who has won the most sets is 1st seed.
-The player who has won the next highest amount is 2nd seed.
etc.

IF THERE IS A TIE:
The total number of wins and loses within the sets are counted up. The one with the more wins is placed in the higher seed.

If its still tied even after that, The winner of the set between the tied players is the tiebreaker.

Thats fine and dandy, but what does it mean?

You know how during the last tourney(If you went) there were a few byes for some players? Well, higher seeds would be awarded these bye spots. Usually the 1st seeded player gets this honor. Then, in 1st round of brackets, 5th seed would play 2nd seed, 3rd seed would play 4th seed, etc. The first round seed matchups all depend on how many seeds we do.

If we do elimination pools

If we do elimination pools, it will be top 4 advance out of 8 pools to make a 32 man bracket. Then 1st seeds will play 4th seeds in the 1st round, and 2nd seeds will play 3rd seeds. This will depend on turnout. If you get knocked out of pools, you still place in the tournament though.

Doing pools makes brackets a lot more fair for everyone, and they wont take that long either.(1-2 hours tops.)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Will there be enough people for pools?

Camalange

BRoomer