• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(SCS) Steel City Showdown! July 26th, Pittsburgh, PA -LIVESTREAM IS UP!

Kawaiiness

Smash Rookie
LOL, I'm not a crossdresser, but please, feel free to make as many jokes as you would like. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. As for cross dressing, i'm just into lots of jrock. Check into Malice Mizer or Ayabie and you'll see many men who look androgynous. :)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Well, again, I won't lie. It IS interesting to find eccentric people out in the wild. The world is too boring sometimes. I still say you creeped me the **** out last time, but if that's who you are and you're comfortable with it, then whatever! Let's see which is stronger, my hawaiian awesomeness with mustache support, or your man-skirt and painted nails!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
LOL, I'm not a crossdresser, but please, feel free to make as many jokes as you would like. It doesn't bother me in the slightest. As for cross dressing, i'm just into lots of jrock. Check into Malice Mizer or Ayabie and you'll see many men who look androgynous. :)
Is an award for most girly at TYM VII okay? I just want to make it between you and Beegs for most girly cause he hates it when I do stuff like that to him.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
lmao, most girly award. At least he's cool with being himself, i dig that.

oh, and sleek does have an incredible mustache, hence why he mains Mario.

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Right now I don't think we are.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
im not too sure why but i was bored so i checked out that malice mizer on youtube to get a feel for who you model after. haha the music reminded me of your stereotypical anime theme music haha. just thought i'd let ya know that someone actually listened to what you had to say lol.

-10randompoints-

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Was thinkin bout comin down the night before but still not sure, is there a place down there we can crash? I'll ask the guys what they wanna do.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
There is a slim chance I might be able to go now (my trip could be cancelled)... If so, I could possibly be able to help you out, ITT...

M@v

Subarashii!
Was thinkin bout comin down the night before but still not sure, is there a place down there we can crash? I'll ask the guys what they wanna do.
Im having the Allentown guys at my place, so im booked. Also, the Drive isnt bad at all ITT, trust me. If your going from the TYM venue, its about 2 and a half hours to my house(like 5 minutes from the place)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Well, my trip got canceled... There's a possibility I can make it now... I guess it depends on how I feel that day...

My great aunt passed away today...on my birthday of all days... This is the second cancer-related death in my family over the past 4 months... Chemo just doesn't cut it, all... :(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Lawz and I can't attend anymore.

Fishy is coming still. Mav, Fishy isn't rooming with you, my friend Derek (ROFL?) might still be coming so if he comes he'll be rooming with you.

M@v

Subarashii!
Wow, that sucks. I'm sad now :(

:[

So who form Ohio is coming, I want PA to take this. I'll be here in spirit.
-BYAA!(MK, won my last tourney)
-Beegs(Marth)
-ITT (Sonic)
-Argent?(Lucario)

I think all of them are capable of taking top 5 at this, so its going to be some good competition.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok... so lets say I was at tash3 on saturday... can someone take me from that tourney to this one and house me? i promise cool friendlies :)
and can said person drive me to pitts airport on monday?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I can't wait to knock Byaa into the loser's bracket. There is no way the lone MK main is going to take this tournament. Being from out of state makes it doubly unacceptable. It's time to demonstrate our regional power!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I knocked him in loser's bracket last time (2 stock), then comes out and wins the whole thing. What has the world come to?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Ha. There's plenty of Pittsburgh talent. If we had some actual bi-weeklies or something, that would become more apparent. I believe that most of the good players are just playing the game with their friends, rather than wasting time on inane message boards like this. The concept of websites like smashboards is incredibly lame. Smash Bros, like any other multiplayer game, was alot more fun before a bunch of geeks decided to come together on the internet and nitpick every little detail about the game's mechanics.

I think alot of people forget that the whole concept behind Smash is to create the most fun and crazy fighting game experience imaginable with your favorite characters from Nintendo's various franchises. I sincerely doubt that very many people who main MK/Snake/DDD/etc actually like the character. They just want to win in the easiest way possible. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The best tournament by far I ever went to was Otronicon, because it was just a huge crowd of people of all ages and skill levels playing with a ridiculous rule set. Instead of babbling about lag frames and directional influence, everyone was talking about what games they like, and why they like their characters, etc. Nobody cared about how "pro" each player was. Instead, people picked their favorite personalities out of the crowd and cheered each other on. Everyone had fun. And despite what the tournament-strict players would have you believe, the genuinely good players managed to rise to the top and take the ranking spots despite the rule set, only the matches were much more interesting to watch.

Final Smash 08 was very disappointing to me. I played bad and lost, but that's not what ruined it. Losing in smash can be incredibly awesome. What killed it for me was that when I brought a friend who barely knew how to play, nobody would listen to my request to take it easy on him in friendlies. I was hoping to show him what a fun and social game Smash can be, and maybe get him to play the game a little more so that we'd have a bit more of a Smash scene in Pittsburgh, but instead, we left early in frustration. If my friend wasn't having fun, how could I? The result is that there is one less entrant in this tournament.

I want to make SCS a better experience for myself, and for others. I want to find some people who play this game to have fun, and who aren't obsessed with winning at all costs. They're out there in Pittsburgh somewhere, and I guarantee that they are some of our best.

Who agrees?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's how it was for me a Final Smash, except I was the guy that hung out at one TV and just took friendly after friendly. I got a few matches on hanenbow actually and it was fun. I played the one really young dude a couple times. You gotta have fun.

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh shiiiittt Philly is trying to make this. **** just got serious.

-PS if philly makes it, well have a livestream :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Gotta say I totally disagree with Sleek Media, lol. When money is on the line im not dieing to an assist trophy or something.

If you want to play like that, don't go to tournaments and just hold smashfests.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Gotta say I totally disagree with Sleek Media, lol. When money is on the line im not dieing to an assist trophy or something.

If you want to play like that, don't go to tournaments and just hold smashfests.

i feel the exact same way you do. i go all out for that green homie. ebonics lols

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
OMG OMG OMGO OMGOMGOMAOMSDOGASHDGIAJKPOGMMOMGOMGOMMGOMG I just now realized this is on Sunday! WTF Crazy last minute change of plans WTF time?!?! I'll keep you guys updated with what's goin on now.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
You're just now noticing this, ITT? By the way, who out the group (you, Beegs, and BYAA!) needs a partner for doubles?

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
OMG OMG OMGO OMGOMGOMAOMSDOGASHDGIAJKPOGMMOMGOMGOMMGOMG I just now realized this is on Sunday! WTF Crazy last minute change of plans WTF time?!?! I'll keep you guys updated with what's goin on now.
way to throw a monkey wrench in our (turnout) plans.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Oh shiiiittt Philly is trying to make this. **** just got serious.

-PS if philly makes it, well have a livestream :)
hmm, i couldn't help but notice my name is on the list and i never posted in here before... well i guess that just means i'll be coming to this... maybe. i'm like 70% sure that i can make it. If i come, i'll be bringing fury, chibo, rogue pit, and .Com. hope to see you sunday!!

M@v

Subarashii!
hmm, i couldn't help but notice my name is on the list and i never posted in here before... well i guess that just means i'll be coming to this... maybe. i'm like 70% sure that i can make it. If i come, i'll be bringing fury, chibo, rogue pit, and .Com. hope to see you sunday!!
There should be a questionmark next to it=maybe. I was talking to chibo and he gave me a list of who are all the maybes. So yeah thats why your there :p

jaaboy

Smash Cadet
I like how your thinking Sleek Media, however camalange holds an equally respectable opinion. I like you idea to improve SCS and i think the right direction would be to help M@v organize, or start trying to hold smashfests and more tourneys around pittsburgh. It would be awesome if we could get some bi weeklies or bi monthlies going on around here. Anything to help organize the community.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Well, maybe I shouldn't have said TOTALLY DISAGREE, because I think he has a good perspective, it's just for tournaments ruleset..that's a joke. If you want to have friendlies like that, go ahead but...

Leave that kind of stuff to Smashfests.

And team Steak Gyros has been on life support for awhile xD

Well, even though, Lawz, myself, (Ohio maybe?? lol) can't make it out to this...dear god Fishy you're kicked out of the crew if you don't take top 3.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
K, I should still be good to go to this as well as BYAA! Beegs can't make it now and king yoshi is sick so if argent is goin we should go with him. I'll try and grab some people from the other tourney I'm goin to on Saturday and take em to this on Sunday.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's all just pray I can get a ride home tomorrow night from my graduation party, or get a ride from there etc.

Btw, graduation presents in form of money would be wonderful!

M@v

Subarashii!
I like how your thinking Sleek Media, however camalange holds an equally respectable opinion. I like you idea to improve SCS and i think the right direction would be to help M@v organize, or start trying to hold smashfests and more tourneys around pittsburgh. It would be awesome if we could get some bi weeklies or bi monthlies going on around here. Anything to help organize the community.
I've told you guys this, Im only around during december and summertime. If you want to make the pittsburgh Brawl community more active(and respected), its going to be up to the guys who are always around here.

Well, let's all just pray I can get a ride home tomorrow night from my graduation party, or get a ride from there etc.

Btw, graduation presents in form of money would be wonderful!
Where you going to college?

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
K, I should still be good to go to this as well as BYAA! Beegs can't make it now and king yoshi is sick so if argent is goin we should go with him. I'll try and grab some people from the other tourney I'm goin to on Saturday and take em to this on Sunday.
Like I said, chances are slim I'm going to make it to this... Besides, I'm with my family in Warren right now...

Top Bottom