• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

Walt

Smash Ace
depends on the toilet. but yeah holding your nuts up so they don't get swirled in **** water is a reality we have to deal with sometimes.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I've stayed at four different hotels so far and the only one that didn't have a high water level in the bowl was in NYC.

Surprisingly the deep water doesn't splash as hard though, prob cuz the turds have a smaller distance to fall.

:phone:

McNinja

Smash Ace
So anyways, back to talking about Falcon. Newbie falcon here. What's the best way to deal with *heavier characters (I.e. spacies) at low percents? At higher percents, your able to combo them better, but the problem is getting them to that percent. Any advice?

*meant fast fallers. My bad.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Techchasing is more guaranteed than actual combos sometimes, you can worry a lot less about DI because somethings you physically can't get there in time if they DI away

So yeah, get used to it ... techchasing is a crucial part of Falcon's game vs fastfallers (not heavy <_< Fox is lighter than Kirby or something so that has nothing to do with it)

There are ways to cover options so you can cover more than one, the most basic one being dashdance to cover both techrolls (and tech in place if your reaction is good enough)

Other bread and butter option coverages include stuff like ...
After an aerial that knocks them down: late Uair the missed tech -> dashdance to cover techrolls
As they're teching on a platform: time the Dair to hit basically everything (have to move if they techroll but you can usually react to that)
Alternatively single hit Nair -> dashdance to cover rolls (more susceptible to crouch cancel)
Dthrow near the edge -> dash to edge and raptor boost toward the stage
Or Dthrow near the edge -> pivot Bair covers basically everything, they can't tech away (the usual response to such a telegraphed aerial)

Just be creative Falcon is mad fast

Walt

Smash Ace
also if you're a little slow on techchasing you don't have to perfectly punish the tech, you only have to get near them. by getting near them most players will preform a defensive option, often being spot dodge or shield. so if you feel like the regrab/stomp/etc isn't going to get them before they can do something try just running up>standing still or jumping into a knee/tomahawk can catch these options. as spacies some players will try to shine, utilt, or usmash out of a tech to compensate for this. so running up and staying out of their usmash range orshielding--trying to bait one of these offensive options, which also covers some aforementioned defensive options.

another thing you can try to do if you aren't confident in perfect techchasing is covering the one or two options that even on whiff will allow you to retain stage control. I often dthrow and just cover the roll inwards so as to keep them in the corner or punish an inwards tech.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Man whats up with the toilet water in the US? It's so high in the bowl its almost touching your ***!

This is actually legit. I noticed when i went to germany, their toilet water is really low. Someone explained to me that it was because we are spoiled and wasteful americans while europeans care about conserving water or something like that

Windrose

Smash Lord
This is actually legit. I noticed when i went to germany, their toilet water is really low. Someone explained to me that it was because we are spoiled and wasteful americans while europeans care about conserving water or something like that
The reason why more water is used in toilets is for pollution diluting purposes. can you imagine if everything just went into the waste as concentrated as the original concentration? Diluting waste is actually a very effective way of treatment considering the cost benefit ratio of water used to waste treatment benefits.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
Windrose lets play dota tommorrow im off work and im on a beast master kick atm. Im 3-0 with him, with 2 of those victories being great performances by meeee. My teammates too ofcourse. The other game i had bad K/D but had 17 assists.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
also its good to wavedash out of down throw to for spacing, and so you dont get hit with lame get up attacks which will throw you from good pressure. a lot of falcons tend to just down throw or up throw and not follow up.its too crucial on falcons game. imo i see a lot of falcon players who play the "brain dead" falcon.pretty much just adding pressure all the throwing **** out there.its ok and all go nuts or what ever but. efficiently speaking if you play falcon and your tech chasing game isnt up to par work on it.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
when they land near the edge of the stage from dthrow or uthrow i like to position myself so that dsmash covers every tech option. 3/4 of their tech options (towards edge, in place, no tech) get them offstage, and then you should be able to punish the recovery.

Beginning to dislike falcon dittos... I hate that it becomes straight up nair fest and tech chasing and my tryhard mode looks dumb as hell for dittos. (Windrose remembers i bet hahaha) It might also be that falcon dittos comprise probably 70-80% of the matches played at UIUC unless I break out my jank secondaries. Worst part is that everyone has a pocket falcon just so they can ditto falcon mains.

edit: also I'm really unsure about how i should be incorporating platform movement when it's a ditto and we're at neutral position. I can platform camp and then outrun sheik and stuff to force her above me so i can uair spam/combo, but I don't know if the same principle is applicable to a falcon ditto.

Windrose

Smash Lord
also its good to wavedash out of down throw to for spacing, and so you dont get hit with lame get up attacks which will throw you from good pressure. a lot of falcons tend to just down throw or up throw and not follow up.its too crucial on falcons game. imo i see a lot of falcon players who play the "brain dead" falcon.pretty much just adding pressure all the throwing **** out there.its ok and all go nuts or what ever but. efficiently speaking if you play falcon and your tech chasing game isnt up to par work on it.
I find wavedashing out of downthrow only works well against fox and some other fast fallers with slower tech rolls. Against falco, his tech roll is too far to catch properly with wavedash out of downthrow.

when they land near the edge of the stage from dthrow or uthrow i like to position myself so that dsmash covers every tech option. 3/4 of their tech options (towards edge, in place, no tech) get them offstage, and then you should be able to punish the recovery.

Beginning to dislike falcon dittos... I hate that it becomes straight up nair fest and tech chasing and my tryhard mode looks dumb as hell for dittos. (Windrose remembers i bet hahaha) It might also be that falcon dittos comprise probably 70-80% of the matches played at UIUC unless I break out my jank secondaries. Worst part is that everyone has a pocket falcon just so they can ditto falcon mains.

edit: also I'm really unsure about how i should be incorporating platform movement when it's a ditto and we're at neutral position. I can platform camp and then outrun sheik and stuff to force her above me so i can uair spam/combo, but I don't know if the same principle is applicable to a falcon ditto.
we only played half a match before they kicked us off. i don't remember too much to be honest. The falcons i remember playing the most at the big house were slayer's tokey and Oro. They seem to play this matchup a lot.

Walt

Smash Ace
I always forget to WD out of dthrow but whenever I do it's good. Also Vern I remember your techchases were MAD impressive.

falcon dittos are gay.

Nocturnalist

Smash Ace
I always forget to WD out of dthrow but whenever I do it's good. Also Vern I remember your techchases were MAD impressive.

falcon dittos are gay.
dawg....can we manly the conversation up a bit? falcon dittos are the best dittos you can play in melee. just go nuts.seriously...go nutz. we havent played in a while dude we need to catch up.falcon dittos are only bad when theres just excessive nair spacing.just take risks.you know what falcons capable of.this is my favorite match up.

D

Deleted member

campy puffs make me hate this game

that character is so dumb
i enjoy the matchup despite knowing nothing about it

let me play 50 matches vs hbox then i will figure him out and he will never beat me again IMO

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Since Falcon is a character highly based off of reactions, I'm just curious what would a "robotic" Falcon look like. If M2k's Marths robotic-ness was in a Falcon what would that be like?

Windrose

Smash Lord
yay i got mentioned!

windrose ur always on these boards, tell me secrets so i stop being bad.
I just come to read and ask questions usually. Falcon mains are very rare to come by in Canada. Are you going to apex?

i enjoy the matchup despite knowing nothing about it

let me play 50 matches vs hbox then i will figure him out and he will never beat me again IMO
What about falcon's own back air? It seems to work quite well from what I observe hax doing vs puff.

Trying. Never been to an out of region tourney.
yeah, travel in melee is a lot of hassle.

Top Bottom