• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

_eDgE_

Smash Rookie
SO, what would you guys recommend for playing against players with more experience? Like, I play with a lot of experienced players who live around me like V3ctorman, YEAH! and stuff. I watch alot of videos to see how they play, but that doesn't help. And when I play them I usually get 4-stocked. Any advice for a way to train faster?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
V3ctorman doesn't like teching away ;)

There's no sudden fast way to get better. You just have to play more. Play your best competition the most often though.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
2010 falcons should approach with dair, combo with knee, and use nair as their KO move. Always falcon kick for shield pressure, and never ever grab because raptor boost is like an upthrow anyway.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
2010 falcons should approach with dair, combo with knee, and use nair as their KO move. Always falcon kick for shield pressure, and never ever grab because raptor boost is like an upthrow anyway.
2010 falcons should approach with dair, combo with knee, and use nair as their KO move. Always falcon kick for shield pressure, and never ever grab
2010 falcons should approach with dair, and use nair as their KO move. Always falcon kick for shield pressure, and never ever grab
2010 falcons should approach with dair. Always falcon kick for shield pressure, and never ever grab
approach with dair, falcon kick for shield pressure, never ever grab
really, reneblade?

D

Deleted member

SO, what would you guys recommend for playing against players with more experience? Like, I play with a lot of experienced players who live around me like V3ctorman, YEAH! and stuff. I watch alot of videos to see how they play, but that doesn't help. And when I play them I usually get 4-stocked. Any advice for a way to train faster?
work to make every aspect of your gameplay better.. no joke

a character like captain falcon you have to be completely solid on almost all aspects of your game from making right DI choices, recovery mind games, ability to tech chase well, good prediction, angling your shield and/or knowing when to light shield so they don't shield stab, moving fluidly, spacing really well,

good enough tech skill so you never flub a move and blow something you should've hit, finding holes in your opponents gameplay and exploiting them, looking for patterns. There is almost no limit to the amount of tech skill and/or combo knowledge you can achieve. The 4 top falcons all have great tech skill and great flow to their game

knowing when your body is gunna edge cancel as you fly around in hit stun so you don't air dodge as you slide off of the edge

overall game knowledge

seeing what position u got pwned in and working to improve that aspect will get you results, no doubt about it. You may not be able to beat people like vectorman in a matter of weeks but you will be rewarded with at least some falcon n00b bashing

thats the way i see it at least.. some other broken charaters can get away with lacking some of these but with falcon u gotta try and make every aspect of ur game awesome

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Ok :D Thanks

Oh yeah, so I'm having trouble going for grabs. I'm not sure when to do it. WHen should I?
Timmy's good at not getting shieldgrabbed so don't try. Either dashdance grab when he's not lasering, or hit him with nair when he's trying to laser you and then grab him during the stun.

Of course, grabbing him out of his sideB into a dropzone is fun :)

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
No, my cube got stolen/lost/misplaced at pound so I havent been able to practice in my room since January, not that I did before, I just really want to now.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Timmy's good at not getting shieldgrabbed so don't try. Either dashdance grab when he's not lasering, or hit him with nair when he's trying to laser you and then grab him during the stun.

Of course, grabbing him out of his sideB into a dropzone is fun :)
be careful when doing the nair thing because timmy might be an *** and cc shine your ***.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Why don't more Falcon's chaingrab fastfallers? I rarely see it happen. You can chaingrab Fox, Falco, and Falcon from roughly 50/60% to death with upthrow. At 100% or so just f-smash or d-smash or d-tilt knee. I've never seen anyone use this chaingrab from 60 to death ever.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Why do no falcons tech chase with dthrow? They always do it a few times successfully but then try and predict a tech with stomp or knee and miss it. Idk why you don't just keep dthrow regrabbing. It's really hard to get out of.

Also why do no falcon mains use their secondaries ever? Even for sheik and falco, I've never seen a (good) falcon main switch characters.

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
Why do no falcons tech chase with dthrow? They always do it a few times successfully but then try and predict a tech with stomp or knee and miss it. Idk why you don't just keep dthrow regrabbing. It's really hard to get out of.
In my opinion, its because

1. they dont wanna keep doing that cause theres no fun in just techchasing over and over
2. for me it has alot to do with repect and ****, like you dont see a fox infinite waveshining a peach or someone, theres just no fun in that

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
isai used to switch off falcon all the time

i do but i probably dont count as good

nes noob went fox on rainbow cruise and stuff

jiano switched to sheik and falco as well at times

ive seen darkrain do it and get rocked as well

also the dthrow tech chase thing is actually way harder than most people think when you mix in missed techs/techs in place along with techs to either side, and if you can guess correctly on one stomp its probably more worth it than regrabbing 10x in a row

Top Bottom