• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar on the Melee vs Brawl debate: What does competitive really mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gantrain05

Smash Master
And once he gets through them projectiles, those hoodlums will have their face filled with dark flames, and before they know it, they get Sparta Kicked off the stage, where they get a big giant thunder boot to the face.

If only I could tournament with you guys.
100% agreed lol. u don't mess with grampa ganon.

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
yo guys, seriously, i have been in my underware all day, i didn't even put any pants on! wow, i just realized taht just now, i woke up at like 11

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If that's the case, then this will get closed unless discussion recommences. Thanks in advance.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I don't hate my job, I'm just not used to working full time, 8:30AM-5:30PM Monday through Friday...

...Oh. Right. Melee is like a diamond. Brawl is like graphite.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I didn't get a chance to reply to the raising of hands over hating jobs... But I fixed my post to be relevant to the discussion!

LOL_Master

Smash Lord
thank you very much, and now i'd like to take the time to point out how amazing brawl is....ahem

it's got bigger roster, wayyyyyy better graphix, and ... and, um, and it's purely about mind and games

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I do enjoy camping in Brawl, it's a guilty pleasure I get from the suffering the poor people getting camped have to go through.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Camping in Brawl is like banging a fat chick, and then cheating on her with another one.

It's sad that Brawl provoked camping and spamming. I feel sad. :(

Samochan

Smash Master
Hey, isn't this about the time some n00b with 2-3 posts shows up to tell us all the reasons Brawl is better than melee, like its larger character roster, lack of glitches, online and prettier graphics?
Don't forget stickers, boss mode, and vibrant box art.
Man, hope you guys never learn finnish then, cause the finnish nintyforums is littered with such people. xD

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Playing Brawl is like a trip to the moon. Playing melee is like a trip to Pluto.

Everyone wants to go to the moon, but it takes real devotion to want to hit the edge of the universe. Likewise, everyone wants to play Brawl but it takes real devotion to reach the depths of melee's metagame. And in the end, you see a lot more on the melee trip than the Brawl one, if you take the time to make the journey.

However, I should point out that what I said only applies to the two metagames at their current level. Since Brawl has been scoured for ATs, a lot of melee veterans assume that the lack of significant finds means that Brawl is a shallow game. I don't know if I agree with that opinion or not, HOWEVER, public sentiment moves at a constant pace reguardless of the desire to advance. What I mean is that a primary reason why Brawl is considered shallow is the Snake/MK dominance, even though it has a very solid high tier. It would make sence that Brawl will become more varied as public sentiment about the characters shift, in the same way it had for Shiek in melee. I don't know if this means the metagame will be deeper, but it is unlikely for Brawl to be dominated by two characters but rather eight, which would be slightly greater variety than melee, which is natural, as Brawl has a slightly greater cast.

Characters known to have significant metagame potential are:
Snake
Metaknight
Dedede
Lucario
R.O.B.
Game and Watch
Pikachu
Wario

There are others, but these seem the most likely to dominate the metagame as it grow older and is not dominated so much by wide-spread public sentiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom