• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus Matchup Listing

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I thought the first post was a little bland and tried to spruce it up a bit.

Like? Change anything you want to it.

Big Advantage: (70-100)
(80-20)
(80-20)
(80-20)

Advantage: (60-70)
(60-40)
(60-40)
(60-40)

Slight Advantage: (55)
(55-45)
(55-45)
(55-45)
(55-45)
(55-45)

Neutral: (50)

(50-50)
(50-50)

Slight Disadvantage: (45)

(45-55)
(45-55)
(45-55)
(45-55)

Disadvantage: (40-30)
(40-60)
(40-60)
(40-60)
(40-60)
(40-60)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)
(35-65)

Big Disadvantage: (30-0)

(30-70)
(30-70)
(30-70)
(30-70)
(25-75)
(25-75)

==---___---==
Pokemon Trainer could be plugged into the chart

Taking the advantage Samus has on each of the Pokemon: (
80)+(
60)+(
35) = 175 out of a possible 300

So divide 175 by 300 and you get .583 turning out to be 58.3%, then we round to the closest ranking, which is 60. Thus putting Pokemon Trainer into the Advantage ranking.

Hive

Smash Lord
diddy is impossible like 0-100 f that kid
i've fought a few good diddys.. (qtp, tek)
anyways... i don't nearly think that samus is very disadvantaged in this match at all... i'd say its close to even at least in my experience-> zair>nanas

Mmac

Smash Lord
I still say Yoshi vs. Samus is 60:40 Yoshi

Plus I think Bowser vs. Samus was already agreed to be 30:70 Samus. I don't think Ivysaur is 80:20 Either. 80:20 is on the ranks up there with an infinite, or an Easy to do Zero Death. I doubt Samus has either

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Ok here is my input ive fought a LOT of Ness's none of them can beat my samus reliably that match up is samus' favor easily G&W isn't that hard either just don't be a fool and stay out of range... just watch Tudor's vid lolol.ROB i find a very even match up with every time I play him zair ***** him rob cannot approach samus once she gets her flow at all I have even tried with my rob Dx fail.Zelda is another one that isnt that hard it is very easy to mindgame her into trying to reflect something then you get a free hit off that every time.Also Kirby?...no way Kirby may have an advantage but it isn't big. Kirby is incredibly easy to spike and cannot approach samus at all if you can aim you can beat kirby fairly easily.The rest I can agree with.Oh one more lol ike advantage? hmm... mass projectiles against none.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
umm where is wolf in that match up thread??? I don't see him lol maybe i missed it can anyone else fine the wolf match up?

Hive

Smash Lord
hmmm... samus boards really needs a matchup discussion where we can approach a few characters at a time... ; ;
too bad xyro's thread died ; ;

Mmac

Smash Lord
Hive, I've seen you make threads like these before. Why don't you make one? I'm sure you can keep it organized.

Hive

Smash Lord
I WAS going to... and i had begun making one too....and i asked orly if it was a good idea, he said yes, and he offered to moderate it and do the intro. post.... and i gave him some character specific info. i thought would be helpful to start it..
but for some reason it never went through, i don't know what happened ; ;
I could start again though... just will take me a day or two to prep and dig up old matchup thread info. that could be useful...

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
So am I right in assuming we only list the favorable matchups to give us hope, and Samus has a disadvantage against the remaining 20-or-so characters? Excuse me while I go cry...

Jasona

Smash Ace
i won't argue about % advantage, but i do know a few advantageous situations
-samus can easily shield-up+b G&W's bair at any point
-if you DI and FF the up+B, its mostly nonpunishable by most (if not all) of the cast. unless they accidentally DI out at odd times. undr and i went through the whole cast and tested this.
-pit's reflecting shield can be attacked through if you walk up to it (dtilt, fsmash, etc... ranged moves that reach beyond the shield). it is also not that difficult to attack through pit's over+b. just DI out, walk a step and dtilt/fsmash. if the pit won't bring either of those two out, then try firing homings. even if he reflects them, they may angle away from you or do very little damage/knockback
-if pit gets close enough, you can shield-up+b his nair and over+b. if you're on a platform, you can sometimes up+b his uair too

EDIT - the shield-up+b also eats diddy's dash attack

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
well i dont know i just played a pikachu and i won almost every match. there are some tricks to greatly limit his abilities, i just punished him over and over again. he prolly sucked, no idea though. so is this rating for pikachu real? o.O

Ravin

Smash Lord
i've fought a few good diddys.. (qtp, tek)
anyways... i don't nearly think that samus is very disadvantaged in this match at all... i'd say its close to even at least in my experience-> zair>nanas
Samus can Glide Toss very well also.

into just about any attack, I personally like to Dtilt slide after naner throw myself...

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Looks at this: Marth (35-65)

Uhm..... unless I play the ****tiest Marth in the world vs Dryn.......I'd like to debate over this.

Samus easily outspaces marth with side-B's which he must dodge, or fair cancel them. If he fair cancels them, if you missile cancel he can't really get both.

Zair > all of marths aerials

Zair > all of marths ground options

Just camp against him and hes ****ing done for, I was getting soooooooo pissed off vs Dyn's Samus on Battlefield and FD, and Smashville.... so much I just GAVE UP. I sat there and just practiced my powershielding. He stopped, I stopped shielding. He walked up and gave me a nice Fsmash to end my misery.

then I left out of dissapointment and how ****ing broken that matchup is.... I'd rathers face a Metaknight with my Falcon then play this matchup.

I mean ****.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Looks at this: Marth (35-65)

Uhm..... unless I play the ****tiest Marth in the world vs Dryn.......I'd like to debate over this.

Samus easily outspaces marth with side-B's which he must dodge, or fair cancel them. If he fair cancels them, if you missile cancel he can't really get both.

Zair > all of marths aerials

Zair > all of marths ground options

Just camp against him and hes ****ing done for, I was getting soooooooo pissed off vs Dyn's Samus on Battlefield and FD, and Smashville.... so much I just GAVE UP. I sat there and just practiced my powershielding. He stopped, I stopped shielding. He walked up and gave me a nice Fsmash to end my misery.

then I left out of dissapointment and how ****ing broken that matchup is.... I'd rathers face a Metaknight with my Falcon then play this matchup.

I mean ****.
If a marth gets in close, a Samus cant do much to defend.

Also, Marths sword dance when shielding, simply UpB out of it.

Sword beats homing, not smashing.

Sword beats Uncharged shot, not fully charged or mostly charged.

Samus has a better recovery. More projectiles, and broken Zair.

If CP'd a level like Yoshi, Samus is in a hurting position. Not because of how small it is, just the fact of how it is shaped.

BF is your best friend.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
If a marth gets in close, a Samus cant do much to defend.

Also, Marths sword dance when shielding, simply UpB out of it.

Sword beats homing, not smashing.

Sword beats Uncharged shot, not fully charged or mostly charged.

Samus has a better recovery. More projectiles, and broken Zair.

If CP'd a level like Yoshi, Samus is in a hurting position. Not because of how small it is, just the fact of how it is shaped.

BF is your best friend.
BF is your worst enemy.

Samus uair > Marth's Dair (to risky)
Standing on bottom platforms = Eat a zair
On Other side = Getting camped
Try to approach = more Zairs

If you can even approach the Samus, kudos.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I agree. To even CONSIDER using Battlefield against Samus is ridiculous. That place is pretty much her playground.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Which is why I said, as a Samus main, BF is your Best Friend.

Also Samus's under most circumstances, when Marth is above you on a plateform like BF, Lylet, D Plaza, ect. Very Few drop a Dair when coming down, most use Fair out of instict because its WTF all they can really do.

And ask Hylian and other Samus mains, if you know what your doing, its not hard to apporch a Samus who mainly spaces with Zair, Considering its , Zair into Landing Cancel, SH retreat Zair, repeat. Which most Samus's do. But eventually you run out of room.
Id rather use my Zair aggressively, then sit and camp, considering 7 dmg is not something im going to be proud of... or perhaps im too impatient and want to spike them? My IMO there... XD

Most pros simply won't let you do that, considering you said "If you can approch a Samus, Kudos." When a Falco can outcamp a Samus. (Thou your up about even considering no Chaingrabs on you. Yay Float)

Also, Naner Glidetoss with Samus is broken... and should be banned.

No lies.
@ Sir - you live in Denver?

Are you going to Fighter Frenzy this weekend?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Hmm... I'm not sure. Where's that at? Is it a Colorado Cutthroat thing? Drop me a PM about it and we'll see.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Yeah, Colorado Cutthroat connection. CCCT? Rofl.

Its this weekend. Some 50 people pre signed. Hopefully it gets bigger. Considering its in Denver, Smack dap middle of CO, and at the Univerity.

hope they have Wifi. No lies, need to get my WoW on.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Urgh... there are certain regulars at CCCT that I really don't want to see that much. Oh, well. I suppose it can't be helped. :ohwell:

Ravin

Smash Lord
I dont like seeing this one MK mainer that comes from NM?

Spams like a mofo cuss and yells when he loses, slams his controller down.

Its much Lulz.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It's mostly just a couple of the people themselves (particularly some people that go to the Aurora Mall) that bug me.

I'll be honest about it and admit that I tend to rage when I get a bad loss at tournaments, too. Mostly due to the fact that I usually lack the money to enter and rarely sleep the night before. :laugh:

Never anything to that extent, though. Throwing your controller down and cussing seems to cross the line a little, heh.

...At least in public.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Prolly sounds like Nite, Tim, and Tony and a handful of others.

only reason I get along with them is well, I wtf pwn nite in bragging matches... xD

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
If you're not comfortable with it, Japes is hard to play on -- her horizontal recovery is too slow, zair is crippled by ubiquitous ledges, ceiling is too high to dtilt KO on.

Yoshi's against someone like Marth or Snake can be a problem too --> hard to recovery, they can tech your spikes against the stage, and the moving platform lets snake's explosives have more mobility and his nades can slide/bounce down the slope of the platform etc..

Instaban Luigi's vs MK (i learned this the hard way)

I wouldn't try Rainbow Cruise either..

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Like n00b said DEFINITELY yoshis island. Its a nightmare and this stage is haunting me, especially marth players love to pick it

basilioyugi

Smash Cadet
i would say against meta knight its 40-60, samus fire based attacks (up smash, front arerias, douwn tilt ) prioritize meta knights aerial move, samus spike prioritizes shuffle looop(up-b) front tilt prioritize grab aproach, hoaming missile prioritize arerial aproach and down tilt prioritize dash attack, if its a good samus it can kill meta knight , but this is only in final destination because samus must play in a defensive or camping way

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
How do you figure Samus is going to camp Meta Knight on Final Destination (or almost anywhere)?

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
i would say against meta knight its 40-60, samus fire based attacks (up smash, front arerias, douwn tilt ) prioritize meta knights aerial move, samus spike prioritizes shuffle looop(up-b) front tilt prioritize grab aproach, hoaming missile prioritize arerial aproach and down tilt prioritize dash attack, if its a good samus it can kill meta knight , but this is only in final destination because samus must play in a defensive or camping way
You definitely dont have the slightest clue you are talking about. Against MK there are only 3 things which are UPB (OoS), Zair, mindgames.

You cant camp MK ffs

Top Bottom