• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Samus mains at GENESIS! We need to talk......

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
THE FINAL SHOWDOWN!!!!!

Genesis WILL be the BIGGEST tournament in all of smash HISTORY. Axis reached about 310 players and that will be NOTHING compared to what will go down on July 10-12th(genesis) in California!

*cutting to the chase*

This thread needs to be about finding out who( samus mains only) will be attending this event and where will we be staying. IF POSSIBLE, lets bunk together! Oh and yea, i am going to this. TUDOR, IF YOU SEE THIS AND ARE ATTENDING GENESiS...........PREPARE!!!!!!!!!! But anyways lets get to work:

1. Who is going?

2. Where are you staying?

3. Wanna bunk?

4. Do any of us wanna team for Genesis?

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Dude if i had the money id fly all the way to california just to play this tournament. thats gonna be awesome

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I will not be attending Genesis. I live in the state where it's going to happen, but I don't have a ride. Life is also getting in the way.

Xyro77

xyro i think im going
im staying with michigan wherever they stay
and i would team with you double samus probly :p
well let me know if u are going for sure

I will not be attending Genesis. I live in the state where it's going to happen, but I don't have a ride. Life is also getting in the way.
lol figures.

*knows that dryn is a john master*

Crystanium

Smash Hero
lol figures.

*knows that dryn is a john master*
I don't appreciate being called that. I'm sorry that life is more important than playing video games. I don't know what the future holds for me. Otherwise, I'd go and have some fun. You see, I would've been able to go, but it turns out that my brother-in-law cannot take me and my brother. We were going to attend it, but I guess that's not happening. And I was expecting to attend Genesis so I could fight some of the people I played online with in person.

Xyro77

Lets hope HIVE and King Chaos and Tudor and N00b and allstar and ismar and still able to go

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Tudor has physics classes this summer every single day with labs 3 times a week and will be unable to attend. He wanted me to tell you guys he's sorry.

Hive

Smash Lord
well I'm going obviously! ^^ shortest big tourney trip ever lol.

but seriously i'm taking down any other samus mains that are going. :p

Ravin

Smash Lord
I might be gonig, The denver guys are going and if i get a ride from them. I am so going :p

Rhyme

Smash Lord
4. Do any of us wanna team for Genesis?
Double Samus is a terrible combination. Zero kill power. : (

Tudor has physics classes this summer every single day with labs 3 times a week and will be unable to attend.
I'll be skipping a couple of days of Calculus to attend. No johns.

Hive said:
but seriously i'm taking down any other samus mains that are going. :p
Good luck with that. ; )

Lets hope HIVE and King Chaos and Tudor and N00b and allstar and ismar and still able to go
I feel appreciated. :p

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol left out Rhyme.
Canada johns, plus I owe mom rent and shopping money, thus, money johns.
But I'm totally going to try watching all your matches live stream :)

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I'll be skipping a couple of days of Calculus to attend. No johns.
You're right, i'm johning. I should skip the school I'm working to pay for because smash is more important than my education! Thanks for understanding ^^

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Lol.

I'm in the MD/VA district and a college student. I can relate. If I had a spare 500 bucks, this idea to room with other Samus mains would be amazing.

Hive

Smash Lord
I actually used to live right near the tourney site ^^ so if you guys are planning to meet up and go somewhere beforehand as a Samus get together.....

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You're right, i'm johning. I should skip the school I'm working to pay for because smash is more important than my education! Thanks for understanding ^^
So your class meets on weekends? Mine is three hours per day and three days per week. If I fly in late and fly out early then I would miss one class period. That's an extra six hours of study time so that I can attend what will probably be the greatest tournament yet.

I am not saying that Smash is more important than your education. You should care more about your education. I'm just pointing out that you have little will to hit up this tournament because, like me, you are certainly able to do so with some worth-while extra work.

But, what do I know? I'm not you.

I actually used to live right near the tourney site ^^ so if you guys are planning to meet up and go somewhere beforehand as a Samus get together.....
It would be really cool if we could get all the Samus mains together for a lunch/dinner at some point. Just once for ****s and giggles.

Xyro77

i ned housing for this event? Does anybody know people i could house with?

rhyme? your going?

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Rhyme I appreciate you taking the time to understand, but I've gone to oos tourney's in the past during school and it just doesn't work (for me at least). Last time I went I ended up missing a test and getting a C in a course I had worked hard to get an A in... I also end up driving the whole time and sleeping at the tourney.

Since you are pursuing this matter, here is my summer schedule (not including studying or volunteering or spending time with my girlfriend);

Monday
School 10:30-12:00
Work 12:15-05:15

Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday
Work 12:15-04:15
Lab 04:30-07:20

Friday
Work 12:15-05:15

S
Work 08:00-05:00

Su
Work 08:00-04:00

It's already hard enough for me to make the decision of putting school before smash, you don't think I wanna go and hang out with a bunch of awesome people and play smash all weekend? Please don't make it any harder for me.

I also don't understand why you need to push this on me. Just because some people decided they want to go to this I need to as well? Sorry but I can't.

ALLSTAR41

Smash Cadet
Still thinking about it. If I do go, I might be renting a car and a hotel. And if i rent a car i may be bringing much of so cal with me. But yea still debating.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
rhyme? your going?
In theory, yes. I have the resources but I still need to book everything.

Rhyme I appreciate you taking the time to understand, but I've gone to oos tourney's in the past during school and it just doesn't work (for me at least).

I also don't understand why you need to push this on me.
That sounds absolutely loaded with sarcasm (not sure if it actually is though). I've also screwed myself school-wise by going OoS (it was a MD tournament that did it for me). I'm fully anticipating how hard it will be. Just trying to put a positive spin on things.

I'm pushing it on you for several reasons. You admitted how hard it is for you to put this aside, so it's clear how much you would love to go to this. Sometimes reassurance will do it for a person (but then again I don't know you well at all so this may not apply). Also, I was not fully aware of how much stress your current schedule puts on you. All I had to go off of is my experience with other people. A majority of the time it was not an inability to try harder but an unwillingness to try harder. And of course, there's always the selfish reason of wanting to compare top players of an under-represented character. -.-

If you've truely exhausted all your options and just can't find it in you to attend then so be it. I'll put aside the hype for you and try to emppathize. But I'm still gonna push mad other people. >.>

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol Frigg, I wish I could go. A samus lunch/ dinner would be intence. But I honestly gotta work my *** off. to secure a job and to gain money as I'm pretty terrible at saving money lol.

But yeah if you all go and do a lunch or dinner you better take piktors! Just so me n tudor can feel like we were there :(

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
Lol haha Cherry64 makes a good point, were gonna be sad and missing out =(

Rhyme- I've been hyped up too much by other people, you're not missing much because i'm not as great as everyone thinks ^^

Xyro77

Still thinking about it. If I do go, I might be renting a car and a hotel. And if i rent a car i may be bringing much of so cal with me. But yea still debating.
please let me stay ina hotel wit you. i can help pay for it!!!! i have NO housing for this event.

Hive

Smash Lord
Its possible I may be able to house 1 or 2 people for genesis, but I'd have to check with my bf and my roommate first...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hive: how close are you to the venue? If I can't find housing with someone then I'd probably end up splitting a two-person room four ways, lol.

Tudor: :p I don't think you're the best. But you're among the best, and that alone is reason enough to hype you.

Top Bottom