• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(S.A.) Jan 2010 Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Browny

Smash Hater
umm...
Snakes would rather fight MK's than olimars and DDD. who also happen to have a hard time with MK.

Snake really doesnt see that much use here. only me and ant use him often. theres more MK mains than snake at least

swordsaint

Smash Master
Who cares if Metaknight is the gheya of Brawl. You can beat him.
*points at Apex and Ally beating M2K*
*points at Tibz beating amaterasu and Earl*
*points at Nova's olimar beating your Metaknight on rainbow cruise* LOL
*points at Attila's Snake beating Earl's Metaknight*
*points at Shaya, Meteor and Toby beating my Metaknight*

Zero

Smash Hero
Thats totally wrong its people who main MK who are completely unfair to the rest of us.

Holy **** 11 pages and im not reading them all. Ill be there running or helping run the brawl comps. Should be awesome.
That's totally wrong. You're being unfair on solo MK mains by practically making them tournament unviable.

Browny

Smash Hater
SS none of your examples hold any weight (except ally vs m2k obviously). Australias matchups are ******** and our apparent lack of skill level overall skews things beyond recognition. have you seen our rankings list recently? hahaha. Pit, Fox and TL beat everyone :p Also earl only very recently picked up MK. infact he knocked out tibs 2 months ago in tourney with MK. no one here may dominate with mk, but theres no doubt he does make matchups between lesser skilled and more skilled players go to even, even advantage when mk is brought into the mix. When that happens very very often throughout a tournament and brackets are dominated by this effect it really is depressing. and ive said it multiple times this is NOT the thread for this discussion. take it to the SG website or something, not here

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
jesus christ guys, you are arguing something that you know hardly anything about.
until you've come down and see america's metaknights in action like us you have no idea, trust me.

its not that meta can plank or camp, its that there are so so many situations that you find yourself in where metaknight can punish EVERY single option quite easily without really even needing to read into you that much. conversely metaknight can has a lot of unpunishable options.

he is hugely ahead of the other characters and really the only way you win is if the metaknight stuffs up, doesnt know the matchup properly against your character, or you are way way way better than them.

as for ally and m2k, I wont even try to understand what goes on there, but snake has more of a chance at beating m2k than anyone.

tl;dr? shut the **** up you guys dont know anything.

Browny

Smash Hater
pfft MK is easy. just learn the matchup! its always that simple!

... right?

btw luke everyone already knew what you said. the difference is, the degree to which australian players can abuse it. when you see some aussie MK's roll dodge spamming and never using upb oos, of course youre gonna get the wrong impression lol

Sieg

Smash Champion
jesus christ guys, you are arguing something that you know hardly anything about.
until you've come down and see america's metaknights in action like us you have no idea, trust me.

its not that meta can plank or camp, its that there are so so many situations that you find yourself in where metaknight can punish EVERY single option quite easily without really even needing to read into you that much. conversely metaknight can has a lot of unpunishable options.

he is hugely ahead of the other characters and really the only way you win is if the metaknight stuffs up, doesnt know the matchup properly against your character, or you are way way way better than them.

as for ally and m2k, I wont even try to understand what goes on there, but snake has more of a chance at beating m2k than anyone.

tl;dr? shut the **** up you guys dont know anything.
I love how people have been in America like, *looks at watch* 6 daysish and suddenly they know the bee all and end all lol.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
For those with prize concerns - and lets face it - they are fairly legit, last year prizes were out of my control entirely. Stuff that was promised to us never materialised on the day, and other stuff "mysteriously disappeared" between the warehouse and st clair. We were not amused. I do however apologise for the mixups last year, and promise a much more focused event.

Part of the reason we offer cash prizes is because we KNOW the cash will be there.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Wait are the prizes more heavily skewed towards doubles? I'm not gonna flame or anything but in competitive singles tends to always be the main draw. Doubles is usually the sideshow/warm up, just a thought.

Also, I'm in the train of thought that believes that either ban MK or don't ban. I know I'm late and spamming the wrong thread, but don't soft ban him, just wack him with the banhammer for 1/3 tournies. Pull a Texas all over it.

earla

Smash Lord
m2k: "i think his the best character, but i don't think his that much better than the others. I just took him to a very far level"

semi-ban sounds ridiculous, you either are or you aren't pregnant. make up your minds.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
m2k: "i think his the best character, but i don't think his that much better than the others. I just took him to a very far level"

semi-ban sounds ridiculous, you either are or you aren't pregnant. make up your minds.
Minds are made up and Its called keeping most people happy. If we dont ban him other will complain if we do MK mains will complain.

swordsaint

Smash Master
"Keeping most people happy".

So why is it then, that there's such a big debate over it? lol
I haven't seen a single OoS compliment the rule. =/

^this^

Pregnant and stuff, I like it.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Ive always hated artificial rules. That is rules that dont come with the game out of the box. That said, as a non smash player, I let others who claim to know better run these events. All feedback on the subject will be considered.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I love how people have been in America like, *looks at watch* 6 daysish and suddenly they know the bee all and end all lol.
I love how your subtlely telling me that I'm wrong / and idiot by giving my opinion when your not even here and dont have any idea at all.

I think staying with one of the best players in america, being trained by him, and going to tourneys with the pro's gives us a pretty clear idea of whats up

dont you love trolling :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As much as I tried to argue with the canz that semi-banishment of MK (in the form of temporary banishment) would be a good idea; over all the midpoint is not a good idea, especially when attempting to attract national attention.

Meta Knight is stupendously amazing; but the players here can contend with the best MKs. No MK in Australia compares. Why bring this up? None of the 'camping' works here. Really.

Either BAN HIM or dont. The one use per set will not detract from MK's dominance; MK already is the 'guaranteed' shot for the counterpick.
The issue of stages was brought up...
Remove RC from the stage list.
DING.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
MK Rule Johns.

I blame the Meta Knight rule for Chirpin and I losing in doubles. >_>

I still think it's stupid that we have it in doubles. Many other characters are much better than MK in doubles.

Browny

Smash Hater
wait i dont get it... did you guys actually use MK? I thought no team went double metaknight?
if not your argument doesnt make any sense lol

swordsaint

Smash Master
Djb, the Metaknight ban is still invalid. Ally just beat M2K....AGAIN. So that's what, Snake beat Metaknight again. So EVEN the BEST METAKNIGHT in the WORLD ISN'T GUARANTEED a WIN.

You're trying to attract out of staters with Reloaded, I haven't seen many out of staters like this rule yet.

The_Blue_Bomber

Smash Journeyman
wait i dont get it... did you guys actually use MK? I thought no team went double metaknight?
if not your argument doesnt make any sense lol
Lol I was just joking. They probably would have won anyway.

We lost the first match as our mains so I went MK in the second match which made us win. Then I had to change back to my main because of the rule then lost.

But again, just joking.

Browny

Smash Hater
o lol

I hope you realise the rule for doubles is no double MK for two wins... so even if you and chirpin won with 2x MK, 1 of yous could still have used him for the next match

tibs7

Smash Champion
i dont mind this rule, personally i think double mk should be banned. 2x the brokeness isnt fun to verse.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
This is gonna be huge. Hopefully enough people from other states come to have state crew battles :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Don't worry Jamage, interstate will be there, I should be there ~ depends if I go to Pound4. :)

swordsaint

Smash Master
Of course we will. Laying the beat down on Ant and DJB isn't something we can miss.

As far I as understand, ted, luke, myself, and shaya will probably be there.

Zero if possible, Toby as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom