• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6: Norcal Regional- Results & Shoutouts

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
DBR/Norcal/Boback/Sheridan - Thanks for hosting and running this thing so well major props.

Pools (Sorry if I can't remember your names…):

Dunskies - Holy, that was insanely close. I think you got a ton better.

Merc - Even closer…last game 1 stock like over 100% hahah but I know exactly how to widen the gap.

The other falco guy - I could feel the nervousness.

Brandon - Ggs hope to play ya again

The jiggs guy - You shouldn't pound recover so close to the stage all the time

Bracket:

SFAT - Ggs, you did work in losers bracket!

KirbyKaze - Really nice cool guy, annihilated me love your sheik.

Mango - I actually had a blast playing those falco dittos on yoshis.

----------

Adam - Love your posts man no beatin around the bush. I may not know KNOW you but you've definitely changed a lot as a person in a matter of months from when I really met you. Super awesome.

Kels - Cool dude! Hope you use the secret sung rolling technique haha

Westballz - Gotta hold that loss in yo chest, in the end you can only blame yourself.

HugQ - Pepperoniandgreenpeppersmushroomsoliveschives. Seeya at ReveLAtions. My samus will be waiting. Oh and you're a total bird brain.

Crimson Blur - Wed.Nes.Day.Sma.Sh.Fest. Movement was looking so nice so smooth. If you get rid of a couple of bad habits and learn to punish…loool. I don't think it'll be too long before I start screaming my head off at your future wins. Ultra homie status.

S2J - So smart, your set against KK was my favorite.

PewPewU - Your marth is sick.

DarkAtma - Thanks for the laughter you gave me when you four stocked Stab LOL

Bladewise - 20$ MM

Stab - *Ahem* "Stay falco, your secondaries suck" Also, your falco is definitely the most annoying…right next to Mercs…

Khepri - Just know that I will destroy you at reveLAtions. Wipe that smirk off yo face

Ben - Keep it up, love your dedication, I think anyone can become the best.

Joejoe - Hope you were takin some serious notes. Just don't choke bro

AudibleBoner - I really thought you could have made it out, I ain't jokin around

Tafokints - Tafokints is a nice addition to any tournament

Darrell - Fun guy, funny guy too

CommonYoshi - Thanks for housing us, lovable guy right here

Shroomed - I really like your smiling face

Nardis - Surprised seein ya, choose a main first!

Norcal - Legit, diggin the crowd hype

So many people I wanted to meet and play
Ggs everyone else, I love this melee community

B_AWAL

Smash Master
LOl @ Mango sandbagging and losing round 1 & effin up ALL of losers bracket...

Kels prob wudda made it 2 ZHU, Winner wudda fought Lucky and then winner wudda fought KK.. S2J wudda fought PPU

I CANNOT wait 4 vids...

:sonic:

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Worst thing about this tourney was that there wasn't more time to play peeps.

Boback/Sheridan/Julian - Thanks for being the best people in the Norcal community, and keeping the scene alive by hosting sikk tournaments.

Pools matches:

Duh juan - I've never been so exposed before. Thoroughly convinced I suck now. Super super glad that you went Doc the whole time, I honestly believe you can go much farther with him.

Tai - Fuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhh I hate dittos dude. Also got exposed by you, it only took you one game to figure me out and **** me. Lotsa fun talking to you though, I'd be glad to listen to more AZ shenanigans.

The Nick Whittier - I don't know how long you've been playing but you're really good. I think you can even beat me, your Falcon is solid enough to get the upper hand and just go ham. Good job on being a fun guy to play and be around.

Eric - First time I saw you in forever lollll. Didn't recognize you at first with the haircut, looks good though. Super duper thanks for being legit and coming out to record, support, and have fun. That's what smash should be about anyway.

Other dudes:

Alan/Bobbysiege/etc. - WHY ME.

Brian marth guy from midwest - You're really good. I wish there was more time for you to be in norcal, I would love to marth ditto you some more, **** that mu.

Dunk - Dude. Mad fun friendlies. You are def the homie everyone says you are. Probably the most fun I had with the game in a long time.

Merc - I think I played you at the end. You're really good too, I was so mad I couldn't beat ANY of your characters lolll. Another person I wish I could play some more.

Darrell - Stop playing secondaries besides your Falcon. Just expose me at the next tournament.

CrimsonBlur - The man, the myth, the legend...chill guy, except for making me play marth dittos. I wanna come down to socal and play you guys.

Violence - That dedication. I love how you love Norcal. And how you're legit. See you on reddit lol.

Phil - You are a great person. Funny, responsible, and kind. Glad that you want to come to more tourneys.

Bob$ - Me and Berto have a theory that you know everything about this game, and you sandbag in order to let everyone else win sometimes. Hopefully see you this friday.

Walt - For the first time ever, we didn't play each other at a tournament. We're learning haha.

Isis/Azusa - The mega martinez homies. You guys did great, that improvement is coming fast now.

Jeff - You said words! I was stunned.

Kevin - I can't not ****ride.

Zac - You chill mother****er. We never play unless it's in tournament. We should fix that.

Joshy Josh - You don't haaaate meeeeeee.

Alvin/Nickadotious - Why didn't you ****ets go.

KK - I need to hear more of what you think about this dumb game. Also I don't know how good Unknown is lol.

Shoutouts to the lady that thought we had an open bar upstairs and we were watching sports or some ****.

Oh yeah, and if I played Mr. Bim bims....you're really ****ing good. I think that was you.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
1: Mango - Oh c'mon mango, the people need someone to believe in. You kinda ruined the loser's bracket for both singles AND doubles and were dropping games to people that you would ordinarily ****. I want you to beat armada, I know YOU want to beat Armada, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the US wants you to beat Armada, but is it really gonna happen with such a lax demeanor?
2: KirbyKaze - Not gonna lie, I thought all of Socal's greats would take you out but damn you beat errybody lol. Your sheik combo's are absolutely sick, never seen anybody do them like you do. I thought it was interesting that you said you feel like I don't really know the matchup because I'm very confident vs Sheik. Maybe 95% of sheiks just blow LOL. Anyway, contact me on facebook and we can set up a time for the skype podcast!
3: Ray Charles (Dajuan) - Didn't get a chance to play you unfortunately but gj getting 3rd. You seem to have consistent placing when it matters.
4: PewPewU - your marth is ****ing sick. I usually don't have much fun vs marth unless I'm ****** them, but I had a lot of fun vs you and was getting pooped on. You do crazy stuff and are really enjoyable to watch/play. However, i'm gonna try really hard to turn it around and p00p on you next time we play!
5: Bladewise - Gahhhh, you're good. GJ beating hella people and placing high. I hope to play you again soon
5: S2J - Losing to 1st and 2nd and getting 5th. Definition of bracket ****.
7: Wes - Really wish you'd go Falco vs peaches so you could teach me how to **** them lol
7: Lucky - If you didn't run into mango in loser's i'm so confident you would have placed top 3 or 4
9: Darkatma - It was fun playing you for the first time this weekend. Not sure about ur sheik, but ur peach is very good. I liked your shield drops a lot. Hopefully I get a LOT better at the peach matchup for the next time we play!
9: Lovage - Thanks for the bud man, made the trip back so much more enjoyable. Are you sure you're not smoking too much though oscar? It seems like you haven't been motivated for the last few months lol
9: Zac - Losing to sung and I but heavily out placing both of us. True sign of a better player. Good job making a tight loser's bracket run and beating Fly
9: Zhu - It always make me feel good when I get compliments from you hahaha. Tough luck playing a marth and then playing mango really early. Very sure you would have placed super high if that hadn't happened.
13: SilentWolf - Fun playing you as always. I feel like I get closer everytime but you're still leaps and bounds ahead of me. Tryin' my best to catch up haha
13: Tafokints - Wanted to play you very badly. You're basically the only sheik main left on the WC and I feel like I've become very good at that matchup playing kira every week.
13: Fly Amanita - very tough luck playing johnny 2nd round. I was very interested in knowing how you'd do more norcal people
13: Kels - The MM was fun. I'd recommend sticking with fox vs falco, because ur already pretty aight at it and I think learning sheik vs falco is more hassle than it's worth. You got an extremely tough bracket, so like you said, no shame in who you lost to.
17: GERM - didn't get to play you =(
17: Toph - Glad you did pretty well despite the controller issues. I will most certainly watch that anime you recommended. I wanted to play you but it sounded like you weren't playing your best
17: Darrell - Oh man, I got ***** in bracket. I looked for you so I could MM you because I've been having problems vs samus recently and wanted to practice the Matchup more vs you. I think i'm still pretty bad at it but I'm gonna work hard at it and you better watch out next time we have to play! haha
17: Bob$ - You are a funny dude and really smart when it comes to the game. I'm very sad you don't do MMs because I'm pretty sure I haven't played you since Genesis 1. However, next time I see you I won't give a **** and will just try and play 1000000 friendlies with you
17: TAI - It was a very fun car trip. your laser pointer is ****ing cool lol. I'm sad we didn't get to play but hopefully you and the AZ crew make it out for revelations. We should team some time btw
17: SilentSpectre - Jeff!! It seems like no one else has as much fun with the game as you do lol. I'm very happy I won the MM but at the same time I'm kinda sad because I know you're so much better than how you were playing this weekend. Please come back and play more and start ****** again!
17: Sung - GJ in teams kiddo. Double floaties is a wack *** team and I believe at least one of us should use falcon in that case. I'd be down to be your consistent teammate but it's gotta be KNOWN we're teaming without having to say anything. We both pretty much go to everything lol. Only reason i'm not down is because you ***** yourself out to the first person who asks LOOOL. Also, sheik may or may not be a good idea but I was practicing today vs connor and macd and it's at the very least, a fun matchup.
17: ZeldaFreak - Finally put a face to a name! (well I guess I technically have seen ur face via facebook but still had yet to meet you). Your fox is very good and I'm happy we got to play a bunch of friendlies!
25: stabbedbyanipple - peach samus peach samus peach samus peach samus peach samus
25: Phil - It seems like you're happy ALL the time, and I love that! hahahaha
25: Scar - I was sad to hear you got discouraged from one loss and stopped playing melee. Consistency can be weird like that man. I'm certain that if you come back you'll be letting it rock again in no time, and I'm sure everyone wants to see that!
25: Gishnak - Fun MM d00d. For not having played for a while you're pretttty good haha
25: Brandon - You know, i don't mean to not say hi, I just.....I really don't have an excuse actually lol. But I will definitely be very proactive about it next time!
25: Tang - i think I've never played you ever.... LOOOL. Gotta change that eventually
25: La'Drya (Alan) - good seeing you again Alan. We didn't really get converse much lol
25: Sheridan - I also didn't get to talk with you much either since you were busy TOing. Only saw a ridiculous ganon ditto out the corner of my eye hehehe
C!z - I really need to play you eventually!
metroid - thanks so much for supporting my channel, it really means a lot actually!
The Crimson Blur - I know you love Marth but I think it'd be in your benefit to switch to Falco or Fox for like a year. Playing them will not only increase your technical proficiency but will also force you to drop your bad habits that are plaguing you because you'll get comboed into OBLIVION by every character lol
khepri - thanks so much for driving and staying awake. You have an interesting taste in music and the creepy *** stories on the way back were really tight haha
vincent - ur one of the oddest people, but in a good way. Thanks so much for the housing and give my thanks to ur mom for the sparkling cider and chips.
juggleguy - dude, i wish we got to hang out/play more. That was a pretty fun MM though and you've gotten SO much better than the last time I played you lol. Keep it up dude, no one else loves their main as much as you love Falcon.
Joey - Ur getting close dude. Taking matches from people is the baby step to ******. Keep up practice! Also I'm down to visit you and your homies once more before the end of the summer haha
Chris - Same as joey^^^. You guys are both getting better. Despite the fact that both of you have played for a while, I feel like ur getting better the fastest atm
HugQ - Your pool was a tragedy dude. I'm certain you would have made it out of almost all the others ones (except mine huehuehue). But on the real, I'm maybe picking up sheik vs samus or probably just gonna grind the falco samus matchup until my anus bleeds, so we're definitely gonna have to play a ******** amount of friendlies in the future
Boback - Thanks for hosting! Good job finishing a 90 person tournament in less than 12 hours! That takes SKILLZZZ
Adam - I heard you might be quitting the scene again, but I'm really hoping that's not true. It's very beneficial having you around, for many reasons. First of all, for lack of a better phrase, you keep it real and call people out on their BS no matter who they are. I think that's really good for the scene, so everyone doesn't end up becoming big babies. Second of all, you're always organizing stuff and getting people to go to stuff with convincing posts on the boards. Third, you encourage everyone to be more assertive, be more confident, live with no johns and just basically be more Alpha. Since that's something I'm trying to become myself, it helps having a role model of sorts in that respect and to have someone tell me when I'm not showing one of those traits. Basically u ****. I don't agree with all ur opinions, but I can definitely live with that lol
Merc - you have a very good falco, and I'm upset that you don't go to more tournaments hahaha. Glad we at least played ONE friendly lol, but hopefully we can play way more next time!
Ben - Glad to see ur still striving to improve, and I hope you learned a lot from this tournament! Your car is sick btw. All the improvements seems really nice and you just can't beat the fact that it looks like the 86
Dunk - You ****! I wish you didn't live in the middle of nowhere.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Twas a good tournament. Shout outs from the tournament and the weekend overall:

Kel: Fun shuttling you around and I'm glad you had a good time. For someone who only plays maybe 2 times a month you're still pretty damn good. Can't wait to see what happens after you go into the Hyberbolic Time Chamber. DAT HAWK!!!

Kizzo: See you this weekend! I'm excited :D

Jesse Poo: You know I looooooove yooooooou.

Bobby!!: Your face is beautiful just like your soul. Congrats and showing how awesome you are at the tourney. One of the best players and best persons I've ever met to this day. Till next time you sexy *****.

MERC!!!!!: It was such a pleasure hanging out with you at Atma's and at the tournament. Having such a chill guy to talk about random life stuff, reminisce about the community, talk about our *cough* hobbies, and someone so open was a real treat. Thank you for your company good sir. If I eventually make it down to Socal in the future for this amazing game, we are for sure hanging out.

Sheridan: I'm sad we didn't really hang out at all. Legitimately :( Props on handling brackets and seeding like a boss though. To be expected, of course.

Adam: I'm glad that I could make you smile with my shenanigans. Taking things seriously all the time is just too exhausting. Let's get some real conversations in next time we hangout, I'd love to get to know you better and let you get to know the real me. I have only one thing to say to you about playing melee, play with confidence and at a speed that you are comfortable reacting with. That intense speed will come with time. Also, I respect that you don't hide behind the curtain of courtesy and cordiality and I will agree on the "No Johns" aspect of your post. **** makes me pretty damn sad.

Rio: It was a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you... AND THAT NINJA FASHION lool. I still want to know what you are aside from Japanese, White or Caucasian is not a reasonable enough answer for me haha.

Toph: It was nice meeting you as well sir. Sorry about all that controller jazz. I definitely know that frustration. Hopefully you'll have a solid controller the next time you go to a stacked tourney. And thanks for the gas money!

Otto: You are absolutely hilarious! Sucks that binyan doesn't know how to keep his balls inflated >_> Definitely good seeing you again!

ATMA: Thank you so much for housing us. I'm so impressed at how good you've become over the passed few years. Making it to brackets in a stacked tourney?! Too freaking good! Keep that peach up and stop playing shiek LOL.

Wes: Wish we would've got to hang out and get to know each other better, but someone has to be good at melee and ****. Same thing I told Merc though, when I'm down in Socal we'll have to hang out and enjoy the greenery.

Mark: I'm glad that you stuck around Saturday night man cause I had a blast hanging out with you. Definitely a chill homie. Good **** destroying my luigi in pools 2-0 haha. And thank you for sharing the joy that grows from this green earth, I absolutely love hanging out with like minded peeps. SAME THING I TOLD MERC AND WES. When I'm in Socal, let's chill.

Dunk: I've heard about you through the grapevine and it was awesome finally getting to meet you. Definitely a chill homie. Your valid reason for dropping me as a your beer pong partner saved face for you LOL jk. Definitely awesome to hang out with and you've got some interesting rolling techniques. I'll have to show you my business whenever I come down to Socal.

KK: Meeting someone who loves this game and only wants to see it progress really made me super happy. You're a sweet guy, an amazing shiek player, and a wonderful hugger. Congrats on storming in on your lonesome and giving Cali the business.

S2J: You are a drinking champion good sir! Putting away that jack like it was water impressed me something fierce. Way to defy your asian heritage haha. Your CF is definitely a boss and I expect to see it rank higher and higher the more regionals and nationals you attend. Remember to say hi to Nick for me!

Fly: It was nice getting to know you at binyans. I'm always interested when someone decides to drop theory math on me, especially algebra. You'll also have to remind me of those platformers again because they sounded incredibly awesome. One of the best ice climber players in the world from what I was able to see.

German: Thank you for lending an ear, regardless of how smashed the person that you were lending that ear to was. I just love me some people and am not a big fan of the hate =/ Way to take down a nasty Falcon as well good sir.

Kelan: It was good getting to meet you man. Sorry again for the stupid level being a little bit high at your place. My only excuse is I was way too excited to finally be able to play melee outside of tournament and Sacramento. Thanks for giving me a bit of insight on LoL as well!

Mr Jefferey Spectre: It was good seeing you again my friend. I also had fun playing silly teams with you for a bit, I never get over the goofy **** that ensues when we play. We'll hang out more the next time I'm down.

Mitcho: Good seeing you again as well mang. Keep staying fly. Oh, and **** you for all those upsmashes in pools hahaha.

Kevin: This is the first time I've actually ever seen you play since, oh I don't know, hella years ago?! I can't believe the 13 year old kid I met about 5 years ago is all grown up and taking out some big name players and even giving someone like Mango a run for his money! Super impressive little dude! Keep improving and you'll be one of the best in the world, no question :D

Boback: Congrats on running a massive tournament and finishing in one day. That's about it though, cause I ****ing hate your guts you piece of ****.

Teddy: It was nice getting to meet/know you while we stayed at binyans. You still have one nasty *** peach good sir. You need to work on your cheering skills though, just sayin... lol

Rob aka JuggleGuy: You're ****ing crazy for flying out here on a whim, but props for doing so haha! I hope that you felt warmly invited when you were at Sheridan's and at the tournament. It was awesome finally putting a face to the red name lol.

Peter: Hi Peter. You're still Peter. lol

Brandon: You are sooooooooo clutch in teams OH EM GEE!!! I'm glad that you were able to make it out to the tournament, it's always good seeing your face.

Phil: It was good seeing you again sir. Still one of the funniest **** talkers I've heard at any tournaments.

Hugo: Definitely nice seeing an old face from Socal. You still have that one and only HugS samus for sure. Kinda sad that we didn't get to chill and talk but eh, such is life. Hopefully I'll see you again soon brother.

Zac: Nice seeing you again buddy. Didn't really talk with you that much but it was good molesting you a little bit. Such a good kid... *walks off mumbling*

If I got to hang out with you at all and just forgot about you, my bad for not mentioning you :(

One last thing:

Adam was absolutely on point with the state of smash. This game came out in 2001. There is no reason why anyone should think they're the **** and above everyone because they play some old *** video game that still has a scene. If you're playing the game at all in this day and age, it's because you have love for this game. So why do I feel so much hate within THE major smash capital in the country? I know a lot of you "good players" may not care about this kinda stuff, but you're ruining the community by acting like punk *****es. It's not about "power rankings" and who's "the best", it's about the our love of the game and the relationships that we develop just by playing this game. One other thing, no one wants to hear you cry like a baby cause you're upset that you lost a match because of this that and the other thing. You act like the other person only had to hold the controller in their hands for them to take the match from you. That's ****ing disrespectful to the person that you played. If you lost, you lost... NO MOTHER ****ING JOHNS.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Toph: I find you completely and utterly obnoxious. You are a drama queen and an attention *****. Get off of Otto's ****.
Small sample size. Smash tournaments bring out the best and the worst in me, and unfortunately if you've seen me on a day where I'm having controller issues you've seen me at my absolute angriest. Nevertheless I didn't realize I was drawing that much attention; I'll try to make less of a fuss about it (and, ideally, let it affect my mood less) if it happens again.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
damn adam i really enjoyed reading all of your shoutouts post. although we might not have gotten along in the best of ways in the past, you really do (and im just reiterating) keep it real in your posts and are not afraid to say what you think. I appreciate your shoutout and hope to play you as soon as I return to socal; I feel that I can learn a lot/improve by playing you more.

@Bobby, no I wasn't there lol :(, cuz if i were i definitely wouldve said hi. I was on a texas-bound plane that day.

Also good **** stab, taking kels' money and beating sfat in pools. Lets get some good practice in when i return cause I don't like seeing you have peach problems heh. Dang it yall are leaving me behind with ur improvements!

Shoutout to my boy nardis hope u had a good time and finally found a main haha

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
1: Mango- I kinda agree with the others and wish to see a 100% try-hard, no excuses Mango again, but it's still always great to see you.

2: KirbyKaze ($270.00)- Glad you could make it out here, David. I am also glad to see you do well. You're one of my favorite people in the Smash community that I don't know too personally.

3: Ray Charles (Dajuan) ($135.00)- GGs and it was really fun talking to you at this tournament. You're a cool dude.

4: PewPewU ($45.00)- Woooow great job, man. Watching you plow through the bracket single-handedly inspired me to take Smash seriously again. And thanks for your sagely insight on improvement when I asked you about it after you beat.... idk Zhu or something.

5: Bladewise ($10.00)- Good job and GGs, Teddy. Your performance at Rule 6 impressed me and relieved my salt from our matches at Apex.

5: S2J ($10.00)- I wish I would've hung out with you and played with you more. I was kinda scared cuz I thought you hated me for some reason, but I found out I was just being silly.

7: Wes- Nice to see you again. Hanging out with you at/after tourneys is always fun.

9: Darkatma- We are the same person

9: Lovage- I hope you start working on Smash again. You're one of my favorite Foxes, and I always want to see you do well.

9: Zac- GGs. I'll get you next time.

9: Zhu- It was nice seeing you again.

13: SilentWolf- BUSTEDDDDDDD. I really regret not playing a bunch of friendlies with you. I wasted an opportunity to get in practice with a Fox that's really good at the Marth MU.

13: Tafokints- I don't think you're very janky at all.

17: Toph- <3

17: Darrell- <3

17: Bob$- Easily one of my favorite people in Norcal. My heart will be torn asunder if I ever made a trip to a Norcal tourney and you didn't show up.

17: TAI- Stuff

25: stabbedbyanipple- Thanks for picking me up, and thanks for being chill in the carpool

25: Phil- You always seem to be so happy, and I love that. Don't change that.

25: Scar- One of the coolest dudes.

25: Gishnak- It was nice to see you again, Brian. Wish we could've played more at Binyan's, but we had to go... and I was dead tired.

25: Brandon- "We don't **** with swoll *****es." You're always so cool and so funny. Please keep attending Smash tourneys, even if you do prioritize other things.

25: La'Drya (Alan)- GGs

Khepri- Thanks for driving and thanks for remaining one of the nicest guys after 4 years.

Commonyoshi- Thank you so much for the great housing, great company, and the ride back to where my parents were after we got back to Socal.

Adam- It was great seeing you. I was pretty much always really scared and intimidated of you since the old days in 2008 when the PacWest boards were all the hype and you were the dude who openly and shamelessly called people out on their flaws, but I'm glad that I've gotten to know you a little bit better. I don't always agree 100% with everything you say (I can't think of anything offhand), but I respect your desire to stand up for what you think is right and wrong. IMO, your shoutout post shows that even when you disapprove of someone and what they do, it's mostly because you care.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yeah Tafokints Sheik seriously gets less janky every time I see it. o_O

I definitely thought it was janky half a year or so ago for example lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
idk i guess az is super janky and i just have a high tolerance for it

ive never thought of daniel as a janky sheik. i always thought his was pretty standard lol.

same with mccain's peach. i've always thought his peach was solid and standard too.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I think (and this is just off my recollection, I could be dead wrong) Tafokints used to do a lot of sub-optimal stuff because he didn't think he had the execution for better movement/punishes, but he's really fleshed out his game since then. I think.

Regardless, if KK says Tafokints is "everything that is wrong with the game" or whatever then I guess Tafokints must still be janky. <3

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I challenge metagame assumptions.

"Sheik's should never F-Smash"
"Sheik's should always SH aerial on shields"
etc....

And I play on those assumptions, hence, the jank

Toph - I've been better about followups and stretching out punishes. However, if you observe my neutral game, it's actually incredibly janky.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I challenge metagame assumptions.

"Sheik's should never F-Smash"
"Sheik's should always SH aerial on shields"
etc....

And I play on those assumptions, hence, the jank

Toph - I've been better about followups and stretching out punishes. However, if you observe my neutral game, it's actually incredibly janky.
There are ways you can do that, it's when you are capable of understanding every single situations to where you can simply react to them based on your experience. In other words, it's like if your basics are godlike but then you can use them in unconventional ways freely. That way your style can still be janky if you wanted it in the end but a good janky. =P

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Tafokints is like if you combined Wispy, Randall, the Stitch, and Pokemon Stadium's transformations into a playstyle. And added Sheik's f-smash.

It's unsurprisingly effective.

pewpewyou

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to say thank you to Boback and Sheridan for hosting the tournament so smoothly given the circumstances.

Also big ups to Sheridan for letting us all stay over at your house. Sorry if we were being too rowdy and leaving a mess and stuff. And I know a lot of people probably invited themselves, so thank you for putting up with us. You're amazing!

Brandon, thanks for teaming with me man.

And of course MANGO. Come back to norcal soon

Oh and KK for not tickling me too hard

Shoutouts are exhausting

Violence

Smash Lord
Rarely is there a tournament that has it all. Apex had the homies, but the organization sucked. The Big House had the organization, but not enough homies went.

This event has become the best one day event I've ever attended, and it's all because of you guys.

To everyone who brought a setup, who showed up on time, who quit when asked, without complaint, you guys are the reason this tournament was so good.

Boback, you're amazing. Sheridan, you're amazing. Julian, you're amazing. But really, none of this would've been possible without people showing up on ****ing time, and bringing in the most setups I've ever seen for a regional ever.

"We have too many setups. I don't think I ever expected to hear myself say that. I feel a little sick." -Boback

I can't stress this enough, people think this should be the norm, but this was nothing short of exceptional. Everybody knew just how much time was of the essence. Pools were fast and clean. Everyone was on their ****, and for that, I can't express enough gratitude.

In general, I was really happy to see the homies again, and reminded of just how good my region is. No matter how much better I get, it's easy to get served some humble pie.

1: Mango - Thanks for not going Scorp. Always fun watching you, but you should really fix your controller. Even I can tell when something's wrong, you ****ed up a lot of basic **** that you never **** up normally.
2: KirbyKaze - Damn, Dave, took **** down, congratulations. I wish we'd gotten some games in, I really wanted to play you again.
3: Dajuan - Man, I expected you to beat KK, but whatever, I never doubted you'd get this far. Just tear **** up at FC. You and Zac got this. If I've learned anything from all the anime I've seen, it's that when rivals team up, they **** everybody. Let it be so.
4: PewPewU - Holy ****ing mother **** of hell, Kevin. When we sat down to play, I was just kinda blown away by how strictly untouchable you were. Congratulations on reaching your 5 year goal, it makes me really happy to hear that you're only aiming higher. Keep wrecking people, you're super talented and you have a great attitude. Never stop.
5: Bladewise - I wondered to myself if people would know how good you are by the time this tournament was over. I think they do. Good ****, Teddy, I'm happy to have you so close by. Floaty pride!
5: S2J - It looked like you were a little off this tournament, but you still had your great moments. I thoroughly enjoyed watching your matches, let's get some games in sometime. You ****.
7: Wes - Dude, Wes, I barely saw you around. Let's get some friendlies next time.
7: Lucky - Good seeing you, Joey, I've actually never played you. Let's change that next time.
9: Darkatma - Good ****, Binyan. You're a lot better than you give yourself credit for.
9: Lovage - Man, I barely got to see you too, Oscar, too many homies, not enough time to play all of them. I really wanna play you again, it's too much fun playing a Fox that goes balls deep and doesn't give a ****.
9: Zac - Why you looking disappointed, Zac? You played really well. You're capable of more, but this tournament was insanely stacked. A lot of people didn't get the higher placing they probably deserve. Chin up, brush yourself off, and **** FC. You got this.
9: Zhu - Thanks for the friendlies. Your Falco is unlike any I get to play up here in Falcoland. So smart. I'm happy to play you anytime.
13: SilentWolf - Ottooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I'ma see you this weekend hopefully. WA da homies, especially you and Toph.
13: Tafokints - Congratulations on beating Scorp and Lucky, you and Gish had some good chemistry going. You're really underrated, I hope you keep improving. I wanna play you next time I get back.
13: Fly Amanita - I'm gonna keep theory crafting until I can take that last stock off of you, Fly! They're ****in low tiers!
13: Kels - Nope
17: GERM - German still got it. Good ****. I wanna play you again, it's my favorite matchup.
17: Toph - Be... betsu ni anta no tame ni ouen ****a ja nain dakara ne... ~>_>~
17: Darrell - The ****in main my main could smell like. I know you know you're capable of more than this. We both gotta put in more work and get the **** better. We got this.
17: Bob$ - Robert mother****ing dollars you smart sexy sonuva*****, playing you is always a pleasure.
17: TAI - Wait.... is that Tai? Nah, Tai isn't here, must be Binyan. What's up, Atma? When'd you start playing Marth? Oh, snap, your Marth is pretty technical, huh. Kinda reminds me of Ta- oh ****.
17: SilentSpectre - You can spend a tournament not saying a word but you're so good everyone knows you're there.
17: Sung - Man, come out of the closet already, you're a Samus main in a Falco mains body! I've always wanted to play you.
17: ZeldaFreak - We really need to play. I've heard nothing but good things about you.
25: stabbedbyanipple - I heard you took Kels money, good ****! I know I've met you, but sadly I've forgotten your face. Let's play sometime.
25: Phil - You already know what it is, teach!
25: Scar - Scarduzio... I can't believe we didn't play. It's like the biggest tragedy ever. Keep ****** at life, I'll catch you at the next tournament, or if you decide to have people over when I'm home. Chillin with you is pretty much as good as it gets.
25: Gishnak - SUPWITIIIIT I can't believe I didn't play you either, I'm really glad you decided to attend this. It's always good to see you, let's get it in next time I'm home.
25: Brandon - Insanely good job in teams, man. If you weren't dead tired, I'm sure your singles performance would've been a lot better. It was funny watching you beat Kels while half asleep.
25: Tang - Mitcho! You still got it. Good players just never stop being good, do they? I'm glad you came, congrats on beating Johnny and Oscar, **** was hype.
25: Alan - You are one fabulous mother****er. Good **** beating Oscar in pools.
25: Sheridan - Let's be real here, Sheridan. If you didn't run this tournament, you would've won it. It's a huge tragedy, but I admire the sacrifice of time and energy that you give over and over to the community to run really ****ing good *** events. People just don't know bout the snow coats and sweatpants.

Luis: Good games, man, always fun.
Juggleguy: I'm salty, and I'll be flying out to take my revenge.
HugQ: I'm always happy to see another Samus.
Sparky: SO SALTY. It's 50-50, and I'll show you why.
C!Z: Dat greaze Marth. Catch you when I'm down there again.
Rio: I didn't know you came, but I remember seeing you. I'll catch you at the next GC.
Mooninite: Man, we needed to play.
Cubaisdeath: Same goes for you. I need dem Marths!
EclipsingBinary: So happy you weren't in my pool.... You've got quite a Sheik there, sir.
Boback: You are a ****ing boss.
Julian: Let's get em next time.
Fribjits: Wa! YAHOO! YIPPEEEEEEEE!
Ahmad: You don't get shoutouts because you didn't attend. What happened to our money match?
Sheen: I can't believe you bring all those TVs every time. You ****.
Adam Kenoly: Finally you got to come out and play. Hope you learn to travel to people soon.
Brian: SHUT UP AND LET HIM GO. We really need to get games in, didn't we... That puff is ****ing one of a kind.
BobbySiege: You are too lovely and talented to leave our community. I know you have your gripes about us, but we have our moments, and you can't deny that this tournament was definitely full of them. I'm always happy to see you standing next to your homies, offering support.

I will add more people as I remember.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Eric did I not write you a shoutout? God damn it. This is why writing shoutouts posts terrifies me. :( Mostly I just do the names that are already there (from the bracket results) and then do the first 2 or 3 people that may randomly come to mind. x_x

ANYWAY you're one of my favorite people in the community easily. Thanks for being such a hero, and see you next time.

The other two people I wanna do shoutouts to are Adam and BobbySiege. Adam, thanks for being so insightful even when you're criticizing. Though, I wish you'd pointed out that I was being a drama queen to my face AT the tournament instead of after-the-fact; I would've done something about it. It seriously didn't occur to me at the time that I was being selfish. >_> All the same I felt like I didn't talk to you enough, especially at Binyan's. I shoulda got some games in with you. Next time?

And BobbySiege, every time I see you I wish we had more to talk about so we could just hang out and shoot the **** forever. Housing you at Manifest was so beast, lol. Thanks for coming to this tournament instead of going to play P4 Arena. Once I'm back from Japan you're going to taste my Chie's foot.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Gonna do more shoutouts later, but for now:

Boback/Sheridan/Julian, you guys are amazing for running such a giant tourney considering the time restrictions. So many setups, so much hype, great venue too.

Daniel/Zac, two of the most chill people ever, thanks so much for providing transportation/housing/etc. for me during the weekend. I really appreciate it!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh yeah, and ECLIPSINGBINARY thank you so much for the rides. You were a huuuge help to WA and let's play iidx sometime.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I cant believe the tournament actually finished on time. Good stuff.
I regret not playing so many people.

Socal- No shout outs for you guys. See y'all later.
Except khepri- Special shoutout for driving.
Tai- It was great meeting you. You're a funny guy.
Ryo- You're hella cool. Good luck with your stay in SF, Japan, and I hope your hand gets better. I wish I could have played you more. You're really good for someone who's rusty with a hand injury, lol. See ya later.
Theo- Crap, we should have played more. Maybe one day if I'm back in the area.
Nima- What the heck. You're good.
Atma- Zooooolander.
Hyuga- Black holes and physics and crap. You're smart as hell. Nice playing you too.

Bunch of random people I've never heard of and new players: keep it up. A lot of people surprised me at the tournament. Too bad I'm so awful with names.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Rarely is there a tournament that has it all. Apex had the homies, but the organization sucked. The Big House had the organization, but not enough homies went.
Rule 6 had the homies and organization, but it didn't have a second day :(

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
From the other thread so people will see it:

Originally Posted by NintendoKing
I'll give proper shoutouts later, but first and foremost...

If you weren't at the tournament and you're trying to give your two cents, shut the **** up. There are no arguments that need to be had about who placed where and who is better than who based on how well they did in tournament.

And to anyone who wasn't there trying to bag on the seeding of the tournament, you're basically bagging on one of the nicest, sweetest, most intelligent, and most respected people in the melee community. Sheridan obviously knew who everyone was in terms of smash stature in this tournament and seeded it to the best of his abilities (his abilities **** ****ing face). The results are the results and that's all there is to it.

Unless you guys think any of this **** ****ing matters, then feel free to talk as much **** as you want. I don't mind when people look stupid for free.
Oh gosh :3

But nah, I had a whole bunch of seeding help from lots of different people. We always get a couple out-of-region players to look over things and give their opinion on the seeding. Boback, Zac, Julian, Zhu, Lovage, Tafokints and probably more that I'm forgetting helped with the seeding too.

And many thanks to lots of others who made it happen:
Everybody for actually showing up on time at 11am - virtually unheard of for smashers.
Everyone who brought a TV/console/recording setup, what did we end up getting like 20 stations and 5 recording?
Zoap and Julian/tarheeljks as always.
Violence, who I don't think has ever said no when I've asked for a favor.
Anyone who was a pool captain - I think that was the fastest 2 waves of 8 pools ever run in the history of mankind.
And big bad NK for being an enforcer in person and on the boards.

Also hella people left stuff at my house. All of it was accounted for except the following:
- Black controller
- Green and blue button up longsleeve shirt.
Give distinguishing features of these objects to claim them!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
Norcal. Best community. Most skilled. Most attractive. BEst To's (besides Neal)
Best Sluuuvts best SH1iits

Maybe

Smash Cadet
Vids are up as of 2 hours ago. Looks like I'm going to be doing nothing else for the next couple hours.

Not all of them though :(

Top Bottom