• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule 6: Norcal Regional- Results & Shoutouts

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Adam, I dont like you. Ill break your big *** nose if you ever tell me to fight out in the parking lot again. If you feel disrespected by something I do, learn to deal with it like a grown man. Dont threaten me with a fight cause i ****ed you up and didnt shake your hand. Dumb piece of ****.

Try me next time with that same ****. I dair you ;)

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Pewpewu vs Bladewise wasn't recorded?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Time for some VERY overdue shout-outs. I'm sorry if I don't mention you, I don't remember everyone's names =/. I was the Asian guy with the camera, I uploaded my photos onto my Facebook - if you want to check them out, the link is here.

Boback - First and foremost, thank you so much for hosting this tournament! You've done so much for the community that it's affected even people outside of the West Coast like me. We didn't get to talk much, but I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate people like you.

Julian S. - Thank you for helping me find a ride to and from Rule 6! You helped make that day possible, I really appreciate the help!

Kenny aka Sparky - Thanks for giving a ride to the venue! It was really nice of you to drive down to San Jose just to give people like us rides, I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciated that.

Darrell - Oh man, after watching a lot of your videos, it was so cool to meet you in-person! You're a really chill dude, listening to the conversations that you and Kenny had made the ride to the venue was a ton of fun. The friendlies at the venue were fun, thanks for playing with me!

Kels - It was great to see you, I'm sorry that you didn't perform as well as you wanted to against S2J. Your losses were legit though, you did the Midwest proud. Great job beating Wesballz in that money match after the tournament!

Binyan - Even though we never got to play, it was great seeing you again! Again, thanks for contacting Julian about getting me a ride to Rule 6, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to make it! Congrats on beating Silent Wolf, I'm sad that I didn't get to see that set for myself.

Jessie - Man, Marth dittos with you were fun haha. I'm glad that we got to play, it was cool talking with you!

Teddy - It was really cool to meet you after watching so many of your videos! You're a really chill guy, I wish I got to talk to you more about teaching though - I'm planning on being a high school biology teacher when I graduate and it would've been cool to hear your experiences with education. It was fun playing you in pools and friendlies, congrats on taking out Mango in WR1!

Otto - After seeing you play in both Melee and Project M, I'm glad I got to meet you at this tournament! You seem like a cool guy, I wish I got to talk to you more.

Daniel aka Tafokints - We had actually met at the Campbell tournament in June haha, I was the one that came in late for friendlies and ate with you guys at the taqueria. It was good to see you again, it's too bad that we didn't get a chance to catch up and play some friendlies though.

Jonny aka S2J - You're my favorite Falcon to watch, it was a pleasure to get to meet you in person! I apologized already, but I'm sorry for asking to take your picture right after you lost your set with Kirbykaze - it was insensitive of me to do so, I hope you weren't too offended by that. Congratulations on placing 5th though!

Stab - We didn't get to talk much, but I'm glad that I got to meet you! Thanks for supporting the community with your channel, it's people like you who publicize the stories and moments of Smash in all of it's glory.

Fly Amanita - It was so great to meet you after watching your videos and talking to you on the Project M IRC! Our friendlies were a lot of fun, you really showed me what Dedede can do and exposed a lot of my own flaws. Thanks for sitting down and playing with me!

Toph - I don't know if you remember me, but we briefly talked at CJ's after the tournament. It was cool to meet you after hearing so much about you, I'm glad you and the rest of WA came out to this!

Brandon aka HMW - I've followed your channel for a long time, it was so cool to meet you in-person and talk with you on the ride back! Even when tired as ****, you were a fun guy to talk to. I can only imagine how much of a pleasure it would've been to meet you when you're running on a full night's sleep. Congratulations on your placing in Doubles!

CJ - The car ride back was fun, I'm glad I got to meet you! It's too bad we didn't to play any friendlies though =/.

Eric - Thank you so much for the ride back home, I really appreciate it! You should've at least let me pay for some gas money though =/.

@Everyone who went to CJ's - I had a lot of fun talking with you guys and hearing all of the stories that went around the table. I've never really hung out with Smashers in that kind of environment before, so it was an almost surreal experience for me to be sitting at the same table with such big names. Thanks to everyone who came and was part of the experience!

@Everyone - Let it be known that the 20 of us who went to CJ's racked a huge bill and Boback put in $40 out of his own pocket to cover the difference between the total and what we put together in cash. I should've brought this up then and there, but it was late and we all wanted to go so I let it slide - the rest of us should've pitched in at least $2 or $3 more to minimize this difference. Thank you, Boback, for being so generous and covering our butts.

darkatma

Smash Hero
@Everyone - Let it be known that the 20 of us who went to CJ's racked a huge bill and Boback put in $40 out of his own pocket to cover the difference between the total and what we put together in cash. I should've brought this up then and there, but it was late and we all wanted to go so I let it slide - the rest of us should've pitched in at least $2 or $3 more to minimize this difference. Thank you, Boback, for being so generous and covering our butts.
Never eat with smashers, they don't know how to calculate tip and tax into their bills

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Were all the pools recorded or just some of them? I wanna know if the pool with Lovage and Alan was recorded.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
For the record, I ordered about $10 of food (just dessert, and iirc a drink) and threw $20 at BJ's.

Also of course I remember you Metroid. :] Good to meet you.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

Norcal: Everyone one of you guys I met was incredibly cool. I had an awesome trip. One of the best vacations I've ever had. Thanks, all.
Ahmad: Thanks a ton for picking me up and driving me around. It's a shame you couldn't make it to the tournament.

1: Mango: HEY EVERYONE I BEAT MANGO. Good job clearing Loser's Bracket to win it all.... again. Maybe you'll like me someday. Probably not.
2: KirbyKaze: I was even more impressed with your intelligent playstyle in person. I had a lot of fun playing you at Sheridan's. Maybe I'll see you at Apex.
3: Dajuan: Dude, I was sure you were gonna beat Mango. So clooose. I look forward to your matches with him in the future. Keep up that incredible Doc.
4: PewPewU: Damn, you're tough to fight. Your spacing is unreal. As Zhu said, you're the best thing to happen to Marth since M2K.
5: Bladewise: good job
5: S2J: You are a pretty aggressive drunk, haha. I had fun hanging out with you regardless. Your style of Falcon is incredibly quick, it still throws me off. Hopefully I'll learn and perform better next time.

7: Wes: Sorry that you had to play Peaches back to back in LB. I enjoyed our set greatly. Maybe we'll get a chance to team in the future.
7: Lucky: I didn't interact with you at all. I've always been a fan of your Fox though.
9: Darkatma: I had an awesome time teaming with you. I regret some of the mistakes I made in doubles, but overall, it was a great experience. Thanks for housing and driving and everything. Hopefully I'll see you again soon.
9: Lovage: It's unfortunate that you weren't having your best day of playing. GG's, next time we'll have a more legit set.
9: Zac: Great seeing you again. It was certainly not the typical way to get 9th place, but good job handling a lot of the LB. We'll make sure to team someday.
9: Zhu: It was a lot of fun hanging out with you the day after. You have incredible insight into the game.
13: SilentWolf: Luckily we didn't have to play each other in tournament this time.
13: Tafokints:
13: Fly Aminita: I was legitimately hoping I wouldn't face you in bracket. You are scary good.
13: Kels: It's unfortunate that you had to face S2J and Mango so early on, but you really impressed me. When you first arrived at Atma's you were playing incredibly well. Your tech skill was so on point. I enjoyed hanging out with you. Sean Kingston yo.

17: GERM: It's a lot of fun watching your Link. Good job beating Scar. GG's at Sheridan's.
17: Toph: Thunder Buddies 4 life
17: Darrell: You're a lot of fun to hang out with. Thanks for the ride. Hope that September thing goes well.
17: Bob$: You did a pretty cool combo there, Mr. Dollars.
17: TAI: I'm glad I was able to pull off a more legitimate win this time, after those shenanigans at Apex. It was fun playing you again.
17: SilentSpectre: You put in work in doubles. Jeff too good.
17: Sung: $50 MM
17: ZeldaFreak: I know next to nothing about you. GJ beating Jeff.

25: stabbedbyanipple: I didn't get to talk to you much, but gg's in the MM.
25: Phil: not much to say, don't know you well.
25: Scar: You wrecked us pretty hard in doubles. I wish you would've chosen to go hard in singles and tear up LB, but that's your call.
25: Gishnak: I hope double Peach wasn't too frustrating. GG's
25: Brandon: Good times at Ahmad's and Carl's Jr, haha. You beat us pretty handily in doubles, and put in work against plenty of other teams.
25: Tang: Sucks that you were put next to Jeff in bracket. GJ in doubles.
25: Alan: I enjoyed watching you fight Doc. That's definitely a matchup I could improve upon by watching you. GJ beating Lovage in pools.
25: Sheridan: Thanks a million for housing practically everyone and for everything you do for the community.

boback: You are awesome.
shadrach: Thanks for the support.

There are certainly more people to give shoutouts to, but that was pretty tiring.

Top Bottom