• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Gnes

Smash Master
anytime i see you post anywhere i just stare at the gif of the girl dancing in your sig intensely for a good minute trying to see up her dress. but every time i realize shes wearing stupid booty shorts LOL

dammit :(
LOL comments like this make me not want to change it. But eventually it must happen.

It's ok, I will find a way around Diddy. Every Diddy I've ever played up until Gnes I've considered relatively easy (even ADHD, though he doesn't know the MU at all). So I just have to put some effort into my camping. I'll be ready for you next time Gnes ;)

Blame zori. But i did learn some new stuff playing against u. I guess its safe to say im good against oli i guess hahaha

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You are unique just like everyone else.
Gotta love the irony :)

And I'm happy the boards have sprung back to life now that MLG is over! I logged on today and there were actually more than three posts to read! Lol it was pretty slow here for about a week/week and a half. Congrats on the backroom nod Rich, you deserve it.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
How often do you guys dthrow->nair? I just realized I practically never use this follow-up though it seems like it could lead to a good result.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Yeah I need to start using nair more... It randomly works brilliantly on ROB lol.

Will someone teach me how to boost pivot grab

Also I'm gonna start dthrow-dairing people.

I keep forgetting to land-utilt, that's good

Autocanceled nair is tight to do

And people don't know what our smashes look like still so I'm gonna start charging **** for no reason a LOT more than I normally do. **** off sidesteppers.

Olis jab can be powershielded most times

Dtilt is so good yet I never use it

Dair dair dair dair dair dair dair dair

Those are all the thoughts on my mind right now

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
everyone acknowledges how good dtilt is, but nobody uses it. lol
I use it! I often break it out in the middle of a match, on my opponent's second or third stock. Usually, the other player get's used to my game without dtilt, so once I throw it in it usually hits them unexpectedly - the element of surprise :)

I need to learn to boost pivot grab as well, i'm not even sure what that means exactly.

Also, I think I'm finally going to attend my first tourney in 15 days - sweet!

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Sometimes I use dtilt against MK, when they lift the nado a bit too high. And it breaks it. o:

I think I showed it to Rich Brown in our friendlies at the hotel.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hello Oli boards! My name is Junglefever and I help moderate the Smashboards Information Center. At the SIC, we are attempting to create a mentoring program for older and newer members to go to so that they can progress in their smash career on a more personal level than just SWF. Mentors communicate to their pupils through PMs and AIM, in addition to playing WIFI with each other. We believe that the Mentoring Program is a good addition along with the character boards to help members get better.

So what do i need from you guys? I need a couple volunteers from your character board that are willing to mentor pupils one on one and help them get better at their desired character.

For any interested, please PM me the character you are interested in mentoring in, and what exactly you can bring to the table. How long have you been a Oli main? Do you go to tourneys? Do you have access to wifi? What achievements have you earned in your time smashing?

Thanks guys! Hope to hear back from you soon!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
"Jungle Boogie" is such a good song.

EDIT: Oh god, I found a cool new mind game earlier today but can't remember what it is. So annoying. D:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
After considering every aspect of the story I was preparing to tell you concerning that, I've decided that it is too gory.

The boards are starting to pick up, madam Day. Give it time.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yeah I need to start using nair more... It randomly works brilliantly on ROB lol.
LOL, u prolly got that from friendlies with me. U incomplete nair into me, and it pokes the top of my shield :(. ROB is floaty so he can't just land and shield it either. I need to grab from Nair more against ppl like falco and stuff. I also like using Nair as a follow up from dthrow. It catches ppl who DI away and airdodge into the ground. I also nair the **** out of Falco's :p. I wanna try Nair vs Wario lol.

Will someone teach me how to boost pivot grab
ask a falco main. I suffer with techskill, but maybe I'll use this. Most likely not tho.

Also I'm gonna start dthrow-dairing people.
imo, this is useless. kinda like how denti said we could punish **** with jab when dsmash is a better option, or like how one could air release wario and use a weak attack, when there is a better option. My Dair to Fair works fine for me, gonna keep using it. I get to regrab, f smash, etc after it :])

I keep forgetting to land-utilt, that's good
I always have it in the back of my head to utilt after Nair incompletely into the ground, but I always u smash. I always wanna utilt so as not to stale my Usmash. I find Utilt is effective vs Wario as it beats his Dair, and I short hop Nair vs falco instead of Utilt as I can move with Nair, and it lasts longer (I believe, the point is, its a more flexible move). I utilt to setup a kill when Falco phantasm's.

Autocanceled nair is tight to do
been there, done that

And people don't know what our smashes look like still so I'm gonna start charging **** for no reason a LOT more than I normally do. **** off sidesteppers.
meh, I don't know how I feel about this

Olis jab can be powershielded most times
I have hit 1st hit of jab and then they sheild the 2nd. and I don't delay the hits at all. I just use it to punish sidestep dodges or to hit people directly behind me.

Dtilt is so good yet I never use it
I need to explore this move more

Dair dair dair dair dair dair dair dair
you fapp'n to Dair or somthing?

Those are all the thoughts on my mind right now
and these are my thoughts on ur thoughts

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
One more thing before I slow down on the posting:
People need to get in the chat sometime. I want to discuss some of my ideas with someone that knows certain match-ups to evaluate their general worth instead of just impulsively blurting them out onto the board, but nobody's ever on. D:

RichBrown

Smash Master
Tin man don't be so closed minded on dthrow dair

It's guaranteed on falco

Ff it to autocancel and then you can do other **** out of it

It's fun to use just to **** with people

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Seth Myers' digital shorts get worse everytime. The other one I could see entertainment in, but his latest is awful. Has anyone seen this? He's a singing crack addict who's does the entire thing with white powder on his face. And random things happen. That's it. The song was even catchy >:( I miss the **** in a Box days...and Lazy Sunday I suppose...

Jane

Smash Hero
omg so yesterday i purposefully banned frigate instead of RC like i always do, to force myself to learn that stage in a tournament setting.

i lost everytime on rainbow lol, but it was ALWAYS a last stock kill percents deal. and after the tourney i beat a wario in a "seriouslies" set where last game he took me to rainbow. :]

and now, i realize that i LOVE rc, its so awesome.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
But can't you just Uair them on the rising part or head them off on the side-scrolling part?
I mean, it's not like they have ledges to abuse invincibility frames or anything.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
imo, this is useless. kinda like how denti said we could punish **** with jab when dsmash is a better option, or like how one could air release wario and use a weak attack, when there is a better option. My Dair to Fair works fine for me, gonna keep using it. I get to regrab, f smash, etc after it :])
Knowing what options you have available to you is never useless. Dsmash is not always better than jab up close. Oftentimes you don't have the time to throw out a dsmash, but you do have time to use a 4 frame jab. Even though Dsmash is better overall, it isn't always better. Knowing why one option can, in one position, be better than another, is something that people need to keep in mind, rather than dismissing something as "useless".be

edit: Coud, having to chase mk/gw/wario on rainbow cruise (especially gw) is a pain and extremely risky without taking quite a bit of damage. If we have to be offensive on anything but the beginning of the walkoff section, or the boat, we're at a huge disadvantage.

edit again: I found Pikmin 2 at a store earlier today. Basically brand new. Bad ***.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I see.
My apologies, perhaps I need more data before I continue to ask stupid questions.

Top Bottom