• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
So I know it's early and MLG's over and all that good jazz, but how many of us Olimars are planning on going to Apex?

An option to go opened up to me about an hour ago (after asking out of nothing but curiosity), and I actually have a chance to go to something big leagues. Which means I'm pretty stoked and now I'm going to start working harder, even if it's not going to be pure Olimar.

So, yar, how many of us are going?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Play pinkboots. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Vatobreak is a bad troll.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Enjoyed the weekend, everyone. Didn't do as hot as I would have liked, but it was probably the most fun I've had at a tournament in my entire smash career.

Olimar Shoutouts!

Rich Brown: Great meeting and hangin out with you for the weekend, I'm so mad I missed your set against Haze :/ Good **** regardless, and placing as well as you did. Really hoping to see more of you, hopefully I'll end up making it to Dallas.

Fino: You're banned and all but I know you'll be able to see this lol. You hyping matches... was possibly the most hilarious part of the event XD Much love, man. We've gotta make it to the same place more often. Just next time try not to hit on my girl so much ;P

Pyronic Star: The fact that you plan on returning to the next MLG event says a lot. The circuit's not over. Regardless of what happened over last weekend, you did well for someone handicapped, especially in doubles. I was impressed. Might be seeing you at Raleigh (or Apex), and maybe Dallas if you happen to fly down.

Cook: Why don't we talk more, man :( I wanna see more of you and the rest of MO more often. Sucks we didn't get to play, but I guess that happens a lot at MLG. Make it to Dallas so we can have another gathering :D

L Cancel: You took your bracket like a man and didn't complain once. Good ****, Jason. Having Judge round one and then Y.b.M, who plays me all the ****ing time, is really ****ty. But it happens, you took it, and didn't let it ruin your weekend. We easily saw in your bracket how terrible MLG is at seeding, I'm just sorry that you had to suffer because of it. I hope to be seeing you soon.

Today: :) The weekend was great and I had a lot of fun! It was great hanging out with all the olis, and I'm sure you enjoyed it as much as I did. We're definitely going to have to go to Dallas for your birthday ^^

Nick Riddle: **** you.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Lol, almost got stranded in Ohio. xD

Tourney was fun! Cool seeing/meeting all the other Olimars. =)

Rich is too cool. Had fun playing you and WC Sunday night. xD

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
**** what has fino done D:
Not gonna lie, watching him vs Coney was the final breaking point for me where I was like Olimar just spams the crap out of DDD and ***** him, which is totally my playstyle and I love it lol. ROB vs DDD is pretty much the most frustrating matchup in the entire game.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm legit picking up Olimar

People tell me stuff to do
Not gonna lie, watching him vs Coney was the final breaking point for me where I was like Olimar just spams the crap out of DDD and ***** him, which is totally my playstyle and I love it lol. ROB vs DDD is pretty much the most frustrating matchup in the entire game.
NOOOOOOOO! :crying:

1. I wanna be the only Olimar/ROB main
2. Olimar is unpopular, keep it that way
3. Use lower teir characters, then talk about the most frustrating match up
4. Pick up Falco or ICs or something to solve ur DDD issue, just not Olimar!

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Guys I cant find a secondary for olimar. I keep trying to find a character but none fit my playstyle!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ignore Tin Man. He supports stagnation of Olimar's metagame, which is the same as supporting communism.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
YAAAAA!!!! I notice i love the way he feels when i play with him. Does he cover the mu's though?

Wanna be my ddd and olimar mentor? lol

@COUD: wats wrong with communism?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
He beats Peach, beats Marth, beats Luigi. You're still going to have to use Olimar for Meta Knight, unless you have another character you can use for him. He also beats Wolf, Rob, Wario, and Lucario, which some people have problems with. Is there anyone else you wanted to cover?

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If you're up for awhile tonight I may be able to play later on, it'll be a little while, though. Wouldn't be a problem though, haha. If not, I'll definitely be able to play tomorrow.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Olimar is such a simple character, though he feels so meh outside of spamming stuff lol. All this Pikmin order stuff is ridiculous, but he's still a very easy character to play. His ATs are so easy compared to ROB lol. The only thing I'm not consistent with is boost pivot grabbing yet.

Top Bottom