• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Capt. Olimar

Smash Cadet
Olimar Social Thread

This is your average social thread.

The Olimar boards:
Come expose your secret fetishes and discuss your 2-d/robot/anime wives.
We discuss the important issues like racism, the ethics of pride and homosexuality, lolitas, and the true meaning of "furry".

Seriously, I love this board right now. XD

• No Flaming
  • No Spamming
  • Just Don't Be Stupid
[collapse=Olimar Chat Room]
http://xat.com/PlusOne[/collapse]
[collapse=Olimar Profiles]
Profile Template:

Smash name followed by real name (real name is optional) and favorite Olimar costume.
Choose a Final Fantasy Class from http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasyTactics/Jobs/ You can choose any class/order as long as it hasn't been taken yet.
Photo (optional)
City, State/Country
Tournament, Casual, or Wifi Player
favorite pikmin color and a special name you have for them (ex. Yellow pikmin named Spock)
Favorite move by Olimar
Favorite/best matchup
Least favorite/worst matchup
A small paragraph about yourself that you haven't said already

Asa (Bryan Kennedy)

Kaneohe, Hawaii OR Vancouver, British Columbia (go to bc for school)

Tournament Participant

Favorite Pikmin : Blue, nickname: blue (i'll yell "go get 'em blue!" if i get an usmash kill)

Favorite Move : Whistle

Favorite MU: MK

Least Favorite MU: Peach

About me: 20 years old. I was born and raised in Hawaii. I'm mainly African and Irish. I have a dual citizenship with Canada, which is why I go to school there. I'm studying psychology, minoring in business . Probably will go to culinary school if I don't get into medical school. I love ultimate frisbee, cooking, baking, one piece, and soul eater. Favorite band is probably August Burns Red. Most memorable smash moment for me would have to be playing a gross amount of smash with larry when he came to hawaii. This is probably also the only post i've ever made that has used punctuation.
BOB SAGET!

Southern Ontario

wifi player, tournament

purple pikmin

fav move- usmash

fav mu- marth

least fav mu- wolf on wifi/ icies

Ive been around the oli boards for almost a year and a half, I've learned a hell lot. I say I've gotten a lot better. I love debating in the oli boards about oli and how anime is terrible. I hate anime and watch UFC instead. I love classic rock and hate the music of today. I'm the youngest of the oli boards and one of Finos best friends, lol :). Hopefully I can pick up a lot more in here. And gain somewut of a better rep as a good oli in here. My goal is to dominate my scene.
Captain Olimar

Hocotate
Tournament, Casual
Rebel Mushroom Pikmin; Shroomy
Pikmin throw
Bulborb Larva (lolbottomtier)
Titan Dweevil

I am a veteran spacefarer in the employ of Hocotate Freight. After crash-landing on an enigmatic planet, I met the mysterious beings known as Pikmin. I enlisted their aid to find my spaceship parts and help me escape. Once home, I found my employer on the verge of bankruptcy. I was sent back to the Pikmin world with my partner, Louie, to repay the company debt.
CloverLeaf/SkyPirateCoud

No photo. I have to look for one.
Austin, Texas
Tournament Player
Favorite pikmin color- White, nicknamed "fodder"
Favorite move by Olimar - Bair
Favorite match-up - Peach
Least favorite match-up - Ice Climbers
Random trivia time?
All I will say regarding my name is that my middle name starts with an "R". While I'm usually rather shy and courteous, I do have sudden mood swings that make me bossy and blunt (usually at night). I will be the first to tell you that I act like an airhead sometimes. Unrelated hobbies include archery, painting/drawing, and writing essays about random topics. My favorite food and drink are mozzarella sticks and a strawberry milkshake. My favorite season is autumn and my favorite color is Teal. I perform incredibly well on tests, but don't approach homework with the same enthusiasm. My glove collection is quite large and I have a STRONG preference for pants over shorts. The main reason I play Olimar is because I loved Pikmin/Pikmin 2, but his fun play style has given me a reason to stay. Oh, and I would rather get stung by a scorpion again than use a really rough sponge, and I dislike large crowds almost as much.
I don't know what else I should say here.
Dabuz, Samuel Robert Buzby

New York BABY! USA

Tournament, Casual, or Wifi Player-All 3

Favorite pikmin= Purple=My Bottom *****

Favorite move = Fsmash

Favorite matchup= MK (im not even trolling bout this)

Least favorite matchup=Ice Climbers

I'm the the most goofy, weird, energetic and cheery emo/ depressed person you will ever meet. In the company of most people, i prefer to be very quiet and introverted, only preferring to speak when a conversation is very serious or i have an opportunity to make people laugh, which is done mainly by actions and not by words. I like to play games, watch a little anime, juggle, read, make origami out of dollar bills, and have a passionate interest in animals. The only thing that motivates me is competition and striving to be the best, i guess someone could call me a perfectionist, which i can't deny. I find any worthwhile arguments very fun and i love trolls or jerks because i can out-troll anyone. My favorite type of music is pop, but my favorite band is owl city (mmmmm...10 million fireflies giving hugs :3). Also, if the excessive amount of use of the word "I" isn't apparent, i like to talk about myself quite a bit. Side note fun fact: i was born in New Hampshire and most likely i am half Russian, 25% mix of irish and dutch, 25% is untraceable.
Dajayman (Jared)
:006:

Tournament, Casual, or Wifi player: Tournament and Wifi player
Favorite pikmin color: Red pikmin
Favorite Olimar move: Whistle
Favorite/best matchup: Pikachu
Least favorite/worst matchup: Idk

I am Dajayman, the coolest human being in the world. I am the epitome of greatness. Everybody wishes they were me. I've been playing Smash competitively for over 2 years. I originally started off as a Ness main but I started disliking him and his weaknesses so I eventually decided to try and find a higher tiered characters that I enjoy using and settled on Olimar. While I'm fairly new to Olimar, I feel that I'm slowly learning to play him very well. Luckily I have a lot of really good Olimar players who live near me, so I can be taught and hopefully even add some of my own gameplay to help theirs.

Entering tournaments is a little tough for me now though so I have trouble finding and keeping a job. When I do happen to earn a few dollars though then I enter tournaments for sure. Hopefully one day I can find and keep a steady job that also won't interfere with my Smash hobby so I can enter tournaments and improve a lot more than I already have.
DanGR (Or just Dan); real name: Daniel (or Dan for short) Robertson

I am 100% Caucasian, so don't even ask.
Former tournament goer, now casual
Favorite pikmin: yellows are my blackies cuz they jump really high.
Favorite Olimar move: red upair= 24% damage undiminished = graped i just owned you for more than a standard pikachu combo, dude.
Favorite/best matchup: Metaknight in casual matches. I enjoy the challenge of fighting him. I'm best against probably Pikachu & Zelda.
Least favorite/worst matchup: Anyone with a projectile when I'm not playing Olimar. Approaching = ghey.

I used to play competitive Brawl but I'm sick of scrubby rules that single out specific players for playing correctly, and playing to win. Also sick over some of the specifics of the Metaknight issue- issues I have with it that I can explain a lot better over irc, xat, aol, etc, or in person. Those and it's really time consuming. I'm an undecided freshman at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, transfer student from Auburn University. I enjoy gazing at beautiful sunsets, and taking long strolls in the park... <.< ... kidding. I like anime and video games, of course. :p
Draconoa (Angel)

Kissimmee, Florida
Tournament
Purple pikmin are my favorite and I call them Precious
Fair
Peach
Yoshi
Currently I'm a junior in high school who is partaking in the IB program. I've always gone for the tougher classes since I'm pretty strong in academics. I started playing this game as a casual practically religiously. Eventually my friends and I decided to go to our first tournament. Since then I place pretty badly but I still have fun anyways. My major interest is film. I love watching movies and learning about film. Something drives me to them and I want a future career in the film industry, but not sure exactly where yet. My favorite movie is Kill Bill directed by Quentin Tarantino, though I also enjoy the works of Stanley Kubrick (duh) and Christopher Nolan. In terms of video games I don't really play them outside of brawl. I really like pokemon and only a select few other games. My favorite tv show is Avatar followed by the good parts of Heroes. My favorite color is green and that's the reason that I chose pink boots. I also love dragons. :p
echo(Devin)

*dont have one*
location- Dallas, Texas
type- Tournament
Favorite Pikmin: purples, nick name "lil richie"
Favorite Move: Ftilt
Favorite MU: olimar because its the manlist diddo evar!! (goo)
Least Favorite MU: zero suit samus

alright so my name is Devin and im gonna be a senior in high school this year (yay for me!). Video games and friends are my main hobbies really. Iv been the tourny seen not to long after brawl came out and iv loved it ever since because i love competion and i love smash so it just made sense, tho i still like sports like soccer and football but smash is just more natural to me. My favorite kind of music is rock, pop, and just about any japanese music or video game music. Utada Hikaru, Katy perry, the gorilaz, and korn are some of my favorite bands. Im also a fan of books like the hunger games and mortal instruments series
Fino (Fino)
final fantasy is ghey

Overland Park, Kansas
Tournament Player
Purple Pikmin, nickname: Too many to list
Favorite move: Upsmash
Favorite/best matchup: Undecided
Least favorite/worst matchup: Falco... and Rob
A small paragraph about yourself that you haven't said already: Talk to me and find out :p
Hilt (Andrew)

(Me in Lain's glasses rofl)

Tournament Player
Favorite pikmin: Yellows! Nickname: Lemonade X:
Favorite Olimar move: Grab :D
Favorite/best matchup: Lucario and Pikachu
Least favorite/worst matchup: Mario ;O

Alright, I'm Andrew! I mod the Olimar Boards and take care of most of the testing and research because everyone else is too **** lazy XD. Other than my friends, my favorite things are music and candy! They're the only things that keep me going anymore XD. I play piano/keyboard, use to be in a band, but that died a year or two ago :'(. And I've been playing acoustic guitar a lot lately as well. I also obsess over Manga and Video Games, lol. Anything else isn't that important or you can find out by talking to me :p
Jane; Johnny
Hey all, my name is Jonny! On smashboards, and basically anywhere I need an alias, I go by Jane, its an old nickname amongst my circle. I play pink boots
when under the influence of greens
and rojolimar usually at all other times, due to Queen's "Dont Stop Me Now" who references Mr. Farenheit. Rojolimar = Mr. Farenheit :D
----------
(Im the one on the right with the hot and bothered long hair)

TWO pictures! just for the lulz

----------
Tucson, AZ
----------
Tournament player
----------
My favorite pikmin colors are purple and blue. Purples going by "DA PURPZ" and blues are known as "pinchis wetbacks culeros" by me. :]
----------
My favorite moves are upair, purple toss, and downthrow!
----------
Favorite matchups are MK, snake, and falcon
----------
Least favorite matchups are MARTH, and MK (yes hes my favorite AND least favorite :p)
----------
Well like I said before, hey yall, my name is Jane, or Jonny, I got by both. I am a 19 year old competitive smasher who began his smash trek last year around august or september. I chose oli as my main before I even knew what a tier list was, I loved his style, and just everything about him, olimar is just so ****ing awesome, I could not see myself playing anyone else! (cept maybe wario, he ***** ;b) I am an anthropology major currently attending Pima Community College and plan to transfer to the University of Arizona in about a year or so. My hobbies include music, I specialize in hip hop music, and run the hip hop thread here on SWF which I am very proud of! I am also very into fashion, especially shoes, you usually wont see me wearing the same pair two days in a row unless I'm feeling lazy, haha. Oh and I also love dogs! If you ever feel like talking about anything at all about dogs, or have any questions regarding breeds or training, I'm your man, haha. Other than that I am just a very social person who loves to go out and have fun and meet new people. I can talk to you about many different things, such as politics, philosophy, religion, I consider myself a very smart person and love to contemplate everything and anything in life. Well, thats me in a brief nutshell. Oh, and i love weeeeeeed ;D haha i just felt i had to add that! :>
Jules Julian Merino

I currently live in Los Banos, California.

I'm currently a wifi player but hopefully that changes real soon.

My favorite pikmin is probably blue because I like to grab.. a lot. I don't have a nickname for them.
Favorite move with olimar would have to be shield because I like to shield a lot and usoos or shield grab :D

I don't really have a favorite/best match up, but I like to play against my friend Calvin's wario.
My least favorite is most likely.. game and watch.. he can go die.

About me: Well I like to meet people and listen to how they are doing and what they are up to.
My favorite color is green and every other color is a close 2nd. I looove to go shopping for
clothes and shoes to wear. I'm mexican and italian, my mom sometimes tells me we are black but
I think she is on crack. If you want to know more just send me a PM or something :)
Rich Brown
The sprites aren't working for me so instead here's this:

Photo : I'm on the far left. The other players are Jem, Seibrik, and Fatal, in that order:

Santa Clarita, California, USA
Tournament player
My fav pikmin is purple. Every pikmin is named Frank, with the exception of the white pikmin who is named Little Bobby.
Favorite move by Olimar: Whistle :p
Favorite/best matchup: ZSS. It's not that I'm good or bad at it, I just really enjoy playing it.
Least favorite/worst matchup: Lucario, wtf I'm so bad at Lucario >.>

I've been a huge fan of smash bros ever since 64. I've played the smash games religiously for over half my life and they are a HUGE part of me. Outside of smash I'm a music major at California State University Northridge. I play piano and study jazz. I'm hoping to make some sort of career out of music, whether it be gigging, teaching, or any combination of musically related things. I'm a HUGE Laker fan and a pretty big Redskins fan as well. I play Ultimate Frisbee periodically with friends. I enjoy discussing just about anything. I'm pretty wacky but have a very serious side as well. As long as you're not annoying we'll get along amazingly :p
Smash name: Tin Man
(My Knowledge of FF goes as far as knowing there is an assload of games and the characters in Mario Hoops 3 on 3. Hilt took the Black Mage, & screw the White Mage lol)

City, State/Country: Canada, Ontario, Thornhill
Tournament, Casual, or Wifi Player: All 3
Favorite pikmin color and a special name you have for them: Purple
Favorite move by Olimar: Purple Uthrow
Favorite matchup: Low/Bottom teirs
Least favorite matchup: Dittos, Snake, Wario
A small paragraph about yourself (copied from my AiB :p):

I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan. I enjoy playing video games a lot.. I own every single north American released Nintendo system. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I like Sega a lot as well. I stopped being biased tho, I own a PS3 now and enjoy it a lot :]. I also like watching anime, going to clubs, and "what if" questions/ questions where you have to choose between 2 incredibly gross/horrible situations. I've been to several tournaments in my region now, and have made myself a known force to be reckoned with. I have the Best ROB & Olimar in Canada now, and even made my regions PR.
Tofer or Roger Martinez

San Antonio, Texas United States
Tournament and Casual
favorite pikmin color: Purple, I call them the usual fatties
Favorite move by Olimar: Whistle
Favorite/best matchup: Snake
Least favorite/worst matchup: Falco

I am college student, studying to go into the field of Computer Aided Drafting and Design. I love building and putting together structures to create something better. I am really friendly guy, and love making friends. I enjoy working out, and running. I love eating food and am in love with love. And in a very happy relationship.

I love all kinds of music, but my favorite band would have to be The Hush Sound. They're such a great band, I love their sound. I really like playing RPG's and RTS's. I am born and raisedTexan, and have the farmers tan to prove it. I began playing as Peach in Melee, and when Brawl came out didn't feel like switching over to another character. But when I began getting bored of playing as the same old character I decided to pick up a character and stick with it. And what better character then someone you actually have to work on to get better.
Turaz

BR, LA!
Tournament!
Blues are my favorite, don't have a nickname for em.
Favorite move is UPSMASH
Favorite MU is MK
Least favorite is TL

About me! Known also as WIKIPEDIA for my vast and infinite collection of knowledge, a competitor in the fine sport of ultimate frisbee(TM!), a genius by definition, and possibly the fastest reader ever! With so many of my many talents being active, due to the strain on my psyche is possibly psychotic and prone to nonsense/trolling texas! Loves food, probably because there's so much good food where I live. Unlike texas.
Vocal (Derrick)

Type: Tournament
Favorite Pikmin: Red, codename "ROJO"
Favorite Move: Tether
Favorite MU: Snake
Least Favorite MU: Falco

Alright, name's Derrick and I'm a college student going into my second year at UPenn, planning to major in Psychology. Video games are a big hobby, but my main pastime is performing; I love to sing (pretty good at it too :chuckle:), and I especially like singing in groups; harmonies make my soul happy. A lot of my favorite music comes from stage shows, though my tastes are pretty varied so I have favorites all over the place - R&B, Rock, A capella, (some) Pop - it's a pretty mixed bag. I started playing Olimar kinda by chance - before I met other Brawlers, I played Samus, then when I met people and they whipped me I discovered ZSS (literally, I didn't even know she was selectable before that), and once that didn't work I just randomly started trying out characters to find a new one. Turns out Oli had a pretty kickass grab and smash aresenal, and I've been a fan ever since :D I'm new to the tourney scene as of Summer 2010, but soon enough the entire nation shall know and fear the name VOCAL >=D *evil cackle* *remembers I don't play Meta Knight* *changes to ordinary cackle*
Zori/Sean
<---- no idea what that thing is LOL

Photo

Houston, TX
Tournament, Casual, or Wifi Player: I'm all three lol
Favorite pikmin color would be purple because it reminds me of precious lmao
Favorite move by Olimar: Well i am the downtilt spammer :d
Favorite/best matchup I love playing toonlink
Least favorite/worst matchup Zelda.......

About me? Hm let's see..... I have been playing brawl from the release. I played wifi for the majority of my first year and then started going to tourneys. I was average at best but I somehow gained huge popularity. I think the site to blame is AiB, at one point i was the most popular member on the website! I took a break around this time and didn't play as much but i knew i would be back. At he end of the day this IS my favorite game and i love playing it even if its not on a competitive lvl. Wither it be uploading new videos to my youtube or playing FFA's with my 8 year old brother smash will always be part of my life. This game can teach you a lot about yourself :}
[/collapse]
[collapse=Some old quotes from the old social thread]
we already got our humor when someone said a good snake can 0-death oli every time

blue glove olimar is gay, that's why
when he puts on the blue gloves, his children die and his wife becomes toon link.
facts right there

<3 fino

First +1 in the old social thread
Skank is 18... and I think that's a little below the belt. All he was doing was making a joke in response to my joke... that's why it's called a social thread. lol
+1

~Fino

Here's Fino's Olimar Flowchart that he left at my house a few weeks ago.

I figured I should share this piece of art with you all:

@Llumys
Since u post the most crap on the oli boards i officially award u with:

I wonder what would look cooler with pitbulls...

Down smash or Pikmin chain?

Do you love me this much?

lolimar chat ^^;

~Fino

This is most likely the most win picture I have ever seen.

I'm sure hilt will agree

~Fino

I saw this and I lol'd so hard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQoHaNWucW4

~Fino

Hey, anyone who ISN'T SELFISH!!!!!!! Please tell me the most important thing to remeber with Olimar??? I am new to the Olimar world and just was wondering so......
The MOST important thing to remember with playing Olimar is to NEVER use blue gloves.
what kind of question is this XD

~Fino
Rule number 2 don't listen to fino and your on your way to an Oli pro
rule #3 zori only speaks in lies
Rule #4

In reality, we're all lying. Use Toon Link.
My day just got rocked in 10 seconds...

dang <33333

~Fino

I just had a random thought, is there any sort of way that Oli Can gimp?
Yeah. Attack your opponent while they're recovering.
Deep **** right here.
It doesn't get any deeper.

That's what she said

~Fino

Pfft.

You guys are praising purple forward smash but not stutter stepping? Somewhat ridiculous, if you ask me.

Fragment.

10hypocrites
Congrats on your promotion, Fino.

lawl

That's someone ridiculous if you ask me.

As grammatically incorrect as that was, it's how I speak. I'm sure no one speaks like this.

wat oli has infinte on mk u wat go for cheap i quit

Typo

20hypocrites

Double time, I'm on fire tonight.

More nostalgia!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144649
I used to feel like such a terrible player when this would never work...but, then we learned that's because it can't work! haha...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYeCD9gGj1k
DSF, the best olimar.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155391
Wer! Your typing still hurts my eyes ;)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=157433
I was right! **** you Pyro, Peach is(was?) a *****!

Dan called them pikmen rofl...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=151971&highlight=natural+selection
Still one of my favorite threads to date....Natural Selection is OP!!!

(not that old)http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197342
Hypocrite!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217068
Of course :)
By the way, I think I promised you a picture of this, Llumys:

I had to use supports, but they weren't visible from a distance.
The antenna was made of a tealight on the end of a skewer and the edge of a pie tin was used to make his metallic collar.
My apologies for being a month late posting it. ^^;

Fino was lame and decided to just get Pepperoni instead when we went :mad088:

how is azulmar gay? i use him quite a bit now :D

Self Answering Question.... Love it

~Fino

` Bluee Gloves are gayy~~ <33

Why don't we have a christmas thread like all the other forums? ;-;

+1

~Fino
Because your mod is a Jehovah's Witness :p

+1
[/collapse]

Noa.

Smash Master
**** you Saget! :(

Oh well.

Here ya go Hilt.

Diddy: Even
-When Diddy approaches you with a glide toss, you can always shield grab it if another banana isn't near Diddy.
-Tossed pikmin and fsmashes stop bananas.*
-An important mindset to keep is to believe that you can use the bananas better than Diddy.*
-Use the negrolimar costume.
-A thrown banana often easily leads to a grab.*
-When a banana hits your shield, you can usually jump OoS and Z catch it.*
-DIing upwards is extremely important*in this matchup since Diddy has numerous horizontal knockback moves.
-Stay calm while Diddy is comboing you with bananas, just wait for the opening to escape.
-Grabs are very unsafe since bananas go right through them.
-Diddy is a very momentum based character. When he loses control of the match, fiercly hold on to the flow. Diddy has trouble regaining momentum.
-Jump, throw banana down, dsmash. *

Fino

Smash Master

Oh well.

Here ya go Hilt.

-When Diddy approaches you with a glide toss, you can always shield grab it if another banana isn't near Diddy.
-An important mindset to keep is to believe that you can use the bananas better than Diddy.*
-DIing upwards is extremely important*in this matchup since Diddy has numerous horizontal knockback moves.
-Stay calm while Diddy is comboing you with bananas, just wait for the opening to escape.
-Diddy is a very momentum based character. When he loses control of the match, fiercly hold on to the flow. Diddy has trouble regaining momentum.
There are a lot of things I would like to add to this... but I'm kind of pressed for time on this computer, will get back asap ;D

+...

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Woah man, I don't remember that BOB quote.
+kudos, BOB_SAGET!

Noa.

Smash Master
I've only gone up to page 30 of the older thread. I'll get more recent ones when I can return to my computer.

Asa

Smash Hero
I'm new to the boards, so question

what's with all the +1, +2, etc

Turazrok

Smash Master

Oh well.

Here ya go Hilt.

Only if it's the texture with pink boots.

+1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I have a question for YOU, Asa.
How painful is it to be in two cities that are almost 3000 miles apart at the same time?

Asa

Smash Hero
Well when I see a woman giving birth saying "this hurts"

I laugh a little
+1 (?)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, I click on the link and see Fino in a Meta Knight ditto.

Smedwicks

Smash Cadet
I had Sonic's for dinner, and there was a pretty cute carhop that brought our foods.

Good night, methinks.

Denti

Smash Master
Im going to phase 5 this weekend. i didnt own a wii last time and i placed 17th out of i believe 60 ish. now ive been practicing and i got a wii for x mas. Ive improved :D i hope to put my results up the 30th

edit:blue gloves are what chuck noris wears?! pink boots arent for men, they are for boys!hmmmmmmmMM928ummmmm!!

edit 2: for gender confused boys!

Denti

Smash Master
so i still can't get over the fact that Mister Game and watch is an excellent secondary for olimar. like seriously, im guna learn him! im guna ask UTD zac to teach me him. besides MK (too much pride to use him) GaW has the MU numbers that i need to place higher! Luigi is 70-30 GaW... thats crazy! and its 65-35 peach, 65-35 rob, and 70-30 ness. those are MU numbers i can live with!

edit: and 60-40 falco! :0 too good for me!

i posted this because i just wonder if any olimar mains completely reject the idea of GaW and would explain why. I have fun with GaW too so he isn't a plain character to me lol

Noa.

Smash Master
Those matchup numbers are really wrong. Falco G&W is even at best, probably Falco's advantage. ROB G&W is bad for ROB, but ROB can still win. Ness G&W and Luigi G&W really aren't that bad.

Don't follow matchup numbers that were decided at the end of 2008.

Denti

Smash Master
ahhh well i really enjoy DKs and GaWs playstyles. just when i look stuff up for them DK is useless to me and GaW looks like a gold medal lol. they should really get their stuff together. i left a comment in the summer telling them to update their MU numbers so i can get a better image of GaW.. guess their lazy or something lol

edit: i think the same think about falco when i see them fight. i think draccona (spelling?) resents GaW because he mained him at one point and hated it. I really really like GaWs style tho, i love the guy XD

Turazrok

Smash Master
Im going to phase 5 this weekend. i didnt own a wii last time and i placed 17th out of i believe 60 ish. now ive been practicing and i got a wii for x mas. Ive improved :D i hope to put my results up the 30th

edit:blue gloves are what chuck noris wears?! pink boots arent for men, they are for boys!hmmmmmmmMM928ummmmm!!

edit 2: for gender confused boys!
As long as you maintain this outlook you'll never be good with Olimar. Look at Dabuz.

Asa

Smash Hero
fino did you actually do an 80 dollar money match or was I just being fooled

shorryuken

Zori

Smash Champion
can someone please find that picture of a purple pikmin next to precious please!!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
so i still can't get over the fact that Mister Game and watch is an excellent secondary for olimar. like seriously, im guna learn him! im guna ask UTD zac to teach me him. besides MK (too much pride to use him) GaW has the MU numbers that i need to place higher! Luigi is 70-30 GaW... thats crazy! and its 65-35 peach, 65-35 rob, and 70-30 ness. those are MU numbers i can live with!

edit: and 60-40 falco! :0 too good for me!

i posted this because i just wonder if any olimar mains completely reject the idea of GaW and would explain why. I have fun with GaW too so he isn't a plain character to me lol
not an oli main but

marth
mk

ggs

Fino

Smash Master
I've learned a lot of things from watching/picking up mk.
Like when an opponent is above you on a platform, uair and then jump+nair. Mk mains have been doing it for a long time, but it's just as effective (if not more) with oli. Just random options and stuff. I'm tired as hell, I don't really feel like wall texting

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I usually do that. Most of the time the uair will pressure the shield enough that they'll either get shield poked or drop it. Nair's so good @_@

Denti

Smash Master
I generally Nair air dodgers. it gobbles em up real nice like ;D

edit: so im watching dragon ball GT for the first time. im a huge DBZ fan and i felt like it is time to see GT even though i hear many many negative things... discuss!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Full hopped n-air from the ground combos into stuff. The knockback is the same as if you short hopped it, but instead you end up right next to the opponent.

And I still do the whole upair->upb trick, lol. That or a falling upair after the first. Double jumping the n-air just seems too unsafe if they catch on.

Top Bottom