• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Pikmin 2 >>> Pikmin 1

Pros:
Extra fun exploration time, extra bosses, extra fun gameplay mechanics, extra fun pikmin, extra fun captain, better areas (extra), extra good music, extra-smooth gameplay, extra everything else.
It's like Pikmin 1 +1. (extra)

Cons:
No time limit, easier bulbords. Meh.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin man don't be so closed minded on dthrow dair

It's guaranteed on falco

Ff it to autocancel and then you can do other **** out of it

It's fun to use just to **** with people
hmmm, I'l expore it =/

omg so yesterday i purposefully banned frigate instead of RC like i always do, to force myself to learn that stage in a tournament setting.

i lost everytime on rainbow lol, but it was ALWAYS a last stock kill percents deal. and after the tourney i beat a wario in a "seriouslies" set where last game he took me to rainbow. :]

and now, i realize that i LOVE rc, its so awesome.
Yay, Jane has seen the light. :D
ugh you guys and ur "rainbow is a good stage". I'd never wanna go there vs anyone =/

yea, it's real easy for MK GaW and Wario to do against olimar

they jump from platform to platform avoiding any possible attacks, then on the boat they plank
I believe saw a vid of a G&W timing u out there. You, fino, and everyone else seriously must ban this stage =/

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I haven't played Pikmin 2 yet, but I just finished Pikmin 1 yesterday and I've gotta say the time limit was definitely a pain. I had to play through a second time to get everything right. During said second time I did end up with 7 extra days, but that's only because I knew what I was doing that time around.

EDIT: Speaking of awesome games from the purple box, I just got Okami for the Wii and am thoroughly impressed.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
..lol I never said Pikmin 2 was better. I've been playing Pikmin 1 more than you could imagine lol. Been working on speed running it. I just never played all the way through Pikmin 2 and it's impossible to find XD

Also, as for Pikmin 1, the time limit is only a problem if you're not good at it :p

And yeah RC isn't that bad for Olimar, not many stages are. It's just bad for us against certain characters.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's not manly talk, Denti.
You won't get timed out if you are swift as the coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's a matter of perspective. I saw it as a song about preparing the entire army for battle.
Manly enough to have RC and owe it at least five lobster dinners.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
That's a matter of perspective. I saw it as a song about preparing the entire army for battle.
Manly enough to have RC and owe it at least five lobster dinners.
>_> I heard Disney talk here from over in the Kirby boards and I came running.

RC seems like a really good RC stage but....think of instead, a girl worth fighting for?

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ahhhh... That explains a bit about something you posted on the Kirby boards.

Now get out of my house, Missouri Kirby. :3

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
basically only frigate and brinstar.

goddammit how i hate those stages
Honestly, it should be a rule that Olimar can't play on Frigate; it's logistically impossible. Why? Because his space ship is like the size of ten DDDs, and Frigate is entirely indoors - how on Earth would he even get to such a crazy platform? Final Destination is right next to space so he most likely got hit by an asteroid and crash landed there, same can be said for BF, SV, RC, a bunch of others, and Lylat Cruise is a another space ship so obviously he just came over for some company. But an indoors laboratory? No sir, I disagree.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hi Oli boards!

I got no requests for being a mentor from you guys :(. I'd really appreciate it if i could get one or two of you to step up and be a part of this new program that we're trying to get going.

Thanks!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's because all the good Olimar players are lazy, Junglefever.
(Except Hilt, who does a lot already)

Rust

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rustic
Rust gained a level!

... That's really the only way I can explain it, Rich knows what that's like. Since I was the one who gave the analogy to him when he was trying to find words xD

Iunno, I made a list off all the flashy **** I do with Olimar, thought about it the whole time at work and came home, played, and it's just like "oh ****, what's this zoning thing?" /semi-aggressive Olimar

Odd, and I'm tired to the point of delirium, but hello to you all anyways.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I haven't played Pikmin 2 yet, but I just finished Pikmin 1 yesterday and I've gotta say the time limit was definitely a pain. I had to play through a second time to get everything right. During said second time I did end up with 7 extra days, but that's only because I knew what I was doing that time around.

EDIT: Speaking of awesome games from the purple box, I just got Okami for the Wii and am thoroughly impressed.
Pikimin 2> Pikikimin 1. The time restriction in number one was evil and mean ._.
I only played the pikmin 2 versus mode and like a lil bit of the beginning at my friends place lol. I played pikmin 1 for Wii. I didn't run out of time :p, beat it my 1st try haha. I wanna play pikmon 2 lol.

Lol I love rainbow cruise. It's not that bad of an Oli stage at all. o:
I think we should all just look into the Reflection and admit: RC brings honor to us all :)
**** RAINBOW CRUISE :mad:

I'd rather go to Frigate, Brinstar, Delfino, or Japes, any day over that ****!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
But of course. The rainbow is a symbol of freedom.
When was the last time communism was associated with freedom? :3

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
"Ultra-gay" is a poor label for it.
Call it "playing to win".

EDIT: Someone get in the chat, I'm bored. :<

RichBrown

Smash Master
Oh, ill help with that mentor thing I guess. I'm good at explaining stuff sometimes.

Nair is a really good move, it's like a moving utilt. Auto canceled nair is joy because you can move all fast.

Pivot mindgames.

Dthrow-dair on falco is sooooooo good, I was doing it on larry, and it comboed into an usmash when I did it right. If I'm fast and accurate enough I can probably get the double sweet spotted dsmash.

Speaking of which, if marth ever misses an upB, just wait for him to land and line up the double dsmash (unless he's at usmash KO%). Double dsmash is like 29% at least.

Frio

Smash Champion
Has anyone done a Uthrow on pictochat, while underneath the fire transformation? It's the best thing you'll ever feel in your life. <3

Top Bottom