• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rule #2: Never listen to Fino +1

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Did you say DEHF hates Oli? LOL freakin Larry.

Zigsta, you took my freedom. I dont want to be too free though, just give me some rights.

Hey seriously though, can anyone tell me about usmash properties and why some aerial go through and some get owned? Like Luigi's Nair? I was playing Rich a bit ago and I heard Sonic's nair goes through your upsmash; and it did. Then it didnt work anymore. Is this a Q of the color pikmin? Perhaps I wasnt hitting with the strong hitbox anymore? Iono. I just wanted to know if you knew why Lugi's Nair goes through your usmash, maybe that could help me analyze this thing.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Dude everyone hates Oli.
He's a little hott mess homewrecker with a tiny dong that pleases tiny women.

**** isn't cool.

Also I dunno if I'll be making it to the charity tournament but I'll try!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
If it was Luigi's nair, you probably didn't have the sweet spot out anymore. I know that Purple and Yellow upsmash tends to go through things people don't expect it to, though. Yellow has a disjoint (electricity), while Purple has a bit more priority. But yeah, just about all of Olimar's attacks have different properties, depending on the color.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I've had blue Usmashes clank with Ike's Fsmash.
Freaking hilarious.

EDIT: Oh, and hooray, 2000th post, etc. etc.
I'll edit this with something more enthusiastic later.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Hilt said he did the names in order of number of replies. BUT IM FOURTH AND HE DIDNT. CLEARLY HE HATES ME!

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
That's the sort of thing you'll see in your mind's eye and NEVER be able to unsee.
Why would you say that? D:

asob4

Smash Champion
So much stuff happened when I was at school :/

im sad hilt didnt get to me, but happy im not "that guy"

:phone:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
So much stuff happened when I was at school :/

im sad hilt didnt get to me, but happy im not "that guy"

I know, this thread has been moving oddly quickly lately. Though maybe it just seems that way to me since I've been coming more consistently

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Here you guys go :)
BSL: You're gaining on me! Just about a hundred posts away, haha. I forget you're sorta not an Olimar main sometime. You kinda just pushed your way into the group but that's alright with me. Although you never really have much constructive to say, outside of random discussions in the social XD You get a little annoying every once in awhile but never enough to where I wouldn't like you, at least as far as I can remember.
Turazrok: You get on my nerves a bit too often, haha. Not gonna lie. I do enjoy you being around in the social and some other occasions. But I find myself getting annoyed with you more than most of the other Olimars (Dajay doesn't count). But I'm someone who's easily annoyed, lol. Talking manga with you and BSL is cool, though. And like I said, you tend to act more mature 90% of the time in the social.
Tofer: Umm... I could never really chill with you like I can with a lot of the Olimars, though I'm not sure why. I think it might be that all of the others have a distinct personallity that I can usually see in a good portion of their posts. Though I can't really feel that from you. It's different than the rest of the Olimars and that makes me uncomfortable, I guess. But I could just be imagining things, haha. Definitely fit into the current Olimar boards, though I don't think that would have been the case before the transition. I think you are absolutely, no offense intended, the best example of the new wave, and have a little bit of everything that makes up the new community. But the fact that it's little bits and not a whole lot of certain things make it difficult for me to keep myself from distancing. And the fact that you have the least relation to the old community's members or even the qualities of the old community make me miss how things use to be. That said, I enjoy hanging out with you in Xat, and don't have anything against you, or wish that you weren't a part of the community. I also don't think you should change your personality, obviously. As I said, you fit perfectly in place within the Olimar community. I'd definitely say you're a part of the Olimar boards' life, this above is just how my mind draws things out, and I felt I'd try to put it to words.
Asa: My man. One of the chillest guys in the board. I always like watching people grow as players, but I literally saw your play grow game by game, haha. Cool guy to hang out irl as well, looking forward to when you come to Ohio soon. You have the determination to become a quality Olimar, hoping to see you prove yourself out there. You don't see many players switch mains to Olimar, after they've mained someone else for awhile and actually stick to it, haha. But regardless of if you stick to the space man, go back to maining wario, or find a way to dual main them both, I want to see you knocking down some big names in the future. One of my favorites of the bunc. And like I said in the past, introducing me to music that I fall in love with is the best way to get to the top of my list XD

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Y'know what? Just post mine in here instead of sending a PM.
If everyone else is going to have theirs out in the open, I should too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
That's what I thought, Clover ;)
Jane: Now you I enjoy having around a LOT, rofl. Man I don't even know if you play Olimar or not, you rarely bring him up at all, haha. But your random comments and pictures are priceless. Pretty chill guy.
CloverLeaf: One of my favorites of the bunch. Always enjoy chatting with you on AIM, and like I've told you, you've come off as a little brother to me. You showed a desire to revive the Olimar community and keep it alive that reminded me of how I was back then. You went to the trouble of doing a bunch of research for the community, tried to spur activity through bringing thread topics back, things most Olimars wouldn't care to spend their time on. Definitely the #1 Olimar I want to hang out with at a tournament or something, somehow, someday. Haha, but anyways. It's been good having you around. Don't change.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
D'aww, thanks Hilt. Feels like you just put my heart in a toaster oven.

SPEAKING of trying to spark discussion, it seems like it might be a good time to create that competitive social since more people are showing interest in actually talking about stuff like that.
I can make it when I get home after I take a nap (Chem teacher sprung a major last-minute assignment on us, so I had to superboost last night with caffeine).

Turazrok

Smash Master
Called out yet again on my mildly abrasive personality lol. Can't help it, who I is. Preciate the honesty

Blissard

Smash Lord
This feels like one of the FB tbh things lol.

So in that case,
*likes Hilt's status*
I want mine too <3

Btw where do you guys get GC controllers? I kinda want one so I can do frame advance, might even switch over to it actually.

Top Bottom