• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roxx presents: Aperture's Monthly Test Chamber 03! Mystery side!! May 7th!!

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
I'd be cool with a melee side event too. Kip, if you go to this, could I tag along? I'm not sure if Crash is going to be going.
probably ask me again later and i will give you a more definite answer.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Alright, I'll have pictures of the venue up in a week! :O
This place may or may not be public at the time of this. Would you guys rather this be a more private thing? Or do you care if random University students walk in and ask what we're doing? xD lol.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll have pictures of the venue up in a week! :O
This place may or may not be public at the time of this. Would you guys rather this be a more private thing? Or do you care if random University students walk in and ask what we're doing? xD lol.
So... the chances of me coming to this are kind of slim but...
why wouldn't you want random students coming and seeing this? As long as they aren't in the way or overly distracting, having some casual spectators and whatnot can help a community grow.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Thats what I was thinking, but I always like to ask and see what everyone else thinks. ^_^
You should go to this Jiffy! And bring Rikku! :D
Just don't make out too much and forget about the tournament. ;)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Going to talk to Crash about going to this. It's right before Jake's tournament, so I'll have to see if he's up for going to two tournaments in a row, but it should be okay. And yeah, two questions involving the venue fee. Does bringing a setup mean you get your venue waived, and if you aren't entering the tournament, will the venue fee still need to be paid?

Looking forward to this, hopefully we'll be able to go.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
The Melee event is 100 percent confirmed now. The melee tourny will be about 3 bucks to enter. ^_^ And will be straight bracket. The Brawl tournament will have pools though.

Also we will have plenty of setups, so I can't waive venue fee guys. I'm sorry. This is a LAN center, and I have to charge a venue fee. If someone wants to watch the tournament they don't have to pay anything of course, but to just play friendlies I'd still have to charge a venue fee, but that's it. Think of this place as kinda like a dave and busters where you normally always have to pay to play. Once you've pay venue fee then you are good to go, and can play friendlies all night if you'd like.

If you do decide to bring an extra set up, I will personally buy you a drink. (coffee, energy drink, hot chocolate, ect). :p (sorry since I gotta charge a venue fee, this is all I can offer for extra set ups)

Calebyte

Smash Lord
This venue sounds legit, so I'm personally not upset about the venue fee. I'll probably bring a setup anyways since my tournament TV stays permanently in my car. I'll definitely take you up on the offer for a drink though! I like coffee.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Okie dokie! So one coffee for Calebyte! ^_^
The coffee shop is also inside the venue, and they have these unique coffees called "candychino" where it's a candy flavored coffee. My favorite was always snickers. But They'll also have the standard fraps and caps etc.

Also the fire place in here is sweet! I have a feeling a lot of tired smashers will be falling asleep next to the fire! But this tournament won't run super late, so that won't happen hopefully! :D Mmmm hot chocolate and a cozy chair next to a fire...

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
This venue sounds legit, so I'm personally not upset about the venue fee. I'll probably bring a setup anyways since my tournament TV stays permanently in my car. I'll definitely take you up on the offer for a drink though! I like coffee.
calebyte would you like to sit down as gentlemen and drink some coffee with me? with our cigar pipes and eyepatches or monocles.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
So the owner of the venue is really into steampunk, so he is putting up all these awesome steampunk themed decorations and such for the cafe/LAN center. Its looking really sweet. Ill have more pics soon. <3

Edit: I also found out what steampunk is exactly! ^_^

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Steampunk is cool. Remember that giant internet rumor a few years ago about a steampunk Zelda game called Valley of the Flood? I was sad that was a hoax.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
Your tears will bring me satisfaction whilst i drink them with my coffee!

Calebyte

Smash Lord
I'm interested in that Snickers coffee, that sounds legit.

Also, I just realized I will be going to Cincinnati for 3 tournaments in a row--4 if you count Sov's party at Daycia's. I should just move there, lol.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I could make a quick pokemon bracket for some peeps who wanna enter. :X
I'm not entering anything in my tournament, so I'm pretty sure I'll have time to run this well and efficiently. Let me know who's bringing setups so I can figure out how many coffees/drinks I have to buy for those people.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
I could make a quick pokemon bracket for some peeps who wanna enter. :X
I'm not entering anything in my tournament, so I'm pretty sure I'll have time to run this well and efficiently. Let me know who's bringing setups so I can figure out how many coffees/drinks I have to buy for those people.
Pokemon TCG though Kass, But I'd be super down to do that :DDDDD

Kel

Smash Master
Don't try to do too many things at once, Kass. This is your first tournament. First tournaments are tough enough as it is. Hold side events at future monthlies if you feel like you can handle the responsibility.

Top Bottom