• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roxx presents: Aperture's Monthly Test Chamber 03! Mystery side!! May 7th!!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850

Aperture Science's Monthly Test Chamber
Test 02

Date: May 7th!!!

"Hello and again welcome to the Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment
Center.
We hope your brief detention in the relaxation vault has been a pleasant one.
Your specimen has been processed and we are now ready to begin
the test proper. Before we start, however, keep in mind that although fun and learning are the primary goals of the enrichment center activities, serious injuries may occur...."

Test Chamber Location:
ROXX
214 Calhoun St.
Cincinnati, OH

Some venue pics! This is a very nice venue! I'll have more pictures up when they finish setting everything up! These photos were taken by my pal Joe. :p

Here are some photos from the last Test Chamber. ^_^

**This picture is very dark, but it is of the giant T.V. right above the coffee area where the bracket will ALWAYS be displayed.****

Food places within two blocks of the venue:
Buffalo Wild Wings
Five Guys
Potbelly
Panera
Arby's
Chipotle

Any difficulties locating the Venue please call GlaDOS KassandraNova at (513)250-5242

Try to get here as early as possible! The earlier you show up, the easier it is to find a parking spot. The lot behind the venue is 2 bucks for the day. There are other free places to park, it's just that they are a block or two away from the venue.

Aperture Test Schedule
11:00 Setup
11:30 Doubles Sign-ups begin
12:00 Doubles begins
Singles will begin when doubles concludes

Enrichment Center Fees:
Venue Fee:$5
Singles:$10
Doubles:$10(per person $20 per team)

Rewards for compliant Test Subjects:
Payout
Singles
1st-48%
2nd-22%
3rd-14%
4th-8%
5th-4%
5th-4%

Doubles
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

Aperture Science Computer-Aided Enrichment Center Guidelines:
Venue Rules
*NO Illegal substances!

*Please respect everyone, and the venue's set-ups!

ADDITIONAL RULES!!!

1. If you bring a complete setup, you will have your venue fee waived. This means a tv and a wii.

2. No outside drinks will be allowed. Its a cafe, and they don't want outside drinks brought in. Food is allowed, example bw3s five guys ect. The owner said "only meal-type food allowed, no snacks". Probably because the cafe has snacks.

3. If you don't want to play brawl and you want to play other games there until the tournament ends that's fine but they'll be charging 10 bucks for you to play other games as much as you want all night till the tournament ends. (They're a LAN center so they normally charge for games to be played.)

4. Prizes will be given out even for lower placing entrants. Meaning 6th-7th placing smashers will get smaller prizes, but no money from the pot. An example of this smaller prize is a free balls, free coffee, free candy ect. The smaller prizes will be announced the day of the event

The Enrichment Center promises to always provide safe testing environments. In dangerous testing environments, the Enrichment Center promises to always
provide useful advice.

Tournament Rules

*3 stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

*If a game ends with a player using a suicide move (Bowser's Klaw, Ganon side-b etc.)
the result on the end screen determines the outcome. If it says that the initiator is the victor than the match goes to them. If it says the initiator ends the match in a draw then a 1 stock 4 minute match with the same characters and the same stage must be played in order to determine the victor. If it says the initiator loses then they are the loser for that match

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

*No Pausing the game

*No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.

*Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.

*Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.

*Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.

*For Game 1 of each Match, striking is determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors in which the winner chooses which player strikes first. Each player takes turns striking until 1 neutral remains and that is the stage played in game 1.

*After Game 1 of the set the victor is allowed to elect to ban 1 stage from the starters/counterpicks.

*The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stages for successive games can be selected from the starters/counterpicks.

*After the Stage for successive Games have been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.

*If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. Multiple Tiebreaker Rounds may be used if necessary. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.

*Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock

"Please note that we have added a consequence for failure. Any rules being broken will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record. Followed by death. Good luck!"

TO List:
KassandraNova

Stage List:
Starters:
Battlefield
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Castle Siege

Counterpicks:
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet!!!:)

There will be a mystery side tournament!! There is no entry fee for the side tournament!!

The winner of the mystery tournament will receive this!!!

A 6IB BAG OF GUMMY BEARS!
What are you going to do with that many gummy bears? Well eat them! Duh! :p I can't reveal anything about what the mystery tournament will be of, but it WILL be an old fighting game. :D

Test Subjects:

Attendance
1. Kel
2. KassandraNova
3.Ally?
4. Steep
5. Mister Eric
6. Dj scribblesss
7. Lumi
8. Gas
9. Joshkip
10. Foraskin
11. Slim
12. Kurt
13. Stove
14. Hilt
15. Today
16. Hael Phael
17. Calebyte
18. PikaPika? lol
19. Jiffy?
20. matt?
21. Tako
22. Jetzger
23. Kirkou
24. Composer
25. Hop3less (newcomer! ^_^)
26. Clowsui? (if he makes it in time)
27. Overswarm?
28. Lou
29. Fonz? (or at least that's what Kel's hoping)
30. Infern
31. Y.b.M. (he better)
32. Oreo? (he wants the gummis)
33. ShadowPhoenix?
34. Shadowphoenix's friend
35. Newcommer Sheik
36. Newcommer Marth player

Setups:
1. Roxx
2. Roxx
3. Roxx
4. Roxx
5. Kassy
6. Roxx

Tvs.
1. Roxx
2. Roxx

clowsui

Smash Legend
i dunno, my wallet might be drained after ohayocon + frisbee stuff

i'll try to be here. steel too. we're trying to get on the PRs lol so if our credentials still aren't strong enough we'll come for that too ;p

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I will come every month since there is a ROB in the sig =3

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
<3 kassy I'd go if I lived closer <3 maybe i'll decide i wanna go visit kassy for a week if i have break or something around then :D

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
yeh it would be but i can always try =/ it really depends on school but we could both go with our awesome silver hair :3 go on aim i took more pics that i must show u

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Definitely will try to make it, it's far enough from now to where it should be okay. Also, lemme know if you need any help, Kassandra.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yay! Thank you Hilt! I will probably need your help with some stuff. I helped Hael out at his tournament last week a bit, it didn't seem that bad. xD
Please make crash, go hilt bribe him with your body if you must. <3
I might have...a board game side tournament if there is time or something. Or we could just play board games at my place the night before or something.

Yay for Todaycia and Knees!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Id love to see some MI action up in here! <3
<3 Portal.

Also I Think we are going to need a few more set ups. We've got plenty of tvs but only 4 wiis. and since I need venue fee to pay for the place, I may just personally buy you a bawls if you bring a wii or tv. xD
I just gotta check ma monies. :p

Would anyone be interested in a Melee side tourny? I've had someone show interest for one, and I was just wondering.
:O

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Sweet. Bring float Hael! :D

You know what, out of all the times I've seen you at tournaments calebyte, I don't think I've ever played you. :O

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes I should be there! The only other mario I've really played is xeroxen, and he ***** my snake doing flashy ****. xD lol.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Its better than green greens. :glare:
I really hate that stage...
Unless anyone has any objections against it, I will probably add it to the cp list.

Can anyone bring a project M setup to this? :p
if not is kewl, I was juz wonderin.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
Its better than green greens. :glare:
I really hate that stage...
Unless anyone has any objections against it, I will probably add it to the cp list.

Can anyone bring a project M setup to this? :p
if not is kewl, I was juz wonderin.
even though i love distant planet A LOT i will have to say that green greens is a bit better as a cp than distant planet. explaining why would just take to long and waste like 15 mins of my life.

but the point i am trying to get at is just use both as a cp.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I think Distant Planet and Japes are both better than Green Greens. But I don't wanna argue it and stuff. I don't think any of the three stages should be on all of the time, but I don't think that they should always be banned either. Same with Norfair.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I might want to go to this.
Yay! More marios! xD

I will think about it. I really dislike green greens, and I have a lot of problems with that stage that I don't feel like explaining, unless you ask me to of course.
But I'm most likely adding Distant Planet, and taking away green greens. Sorry green greens, you have cool music though. ^_^

Also I forgot to add my purple pikmin to the attendance list. lol. jk.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i'm much more concerned w/ the potential light circle on distant planet

i'm going to practice my MK on that stage in training mode + against CPUs to make sure I can abuse it

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'd be cool with a melee side event too. Kip, if you go to this, could I tag along? I'm not sure if Crash is going to be going.

Top Bottom