• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 !! November 17-18 ! Road to Apex! NEW VENUE! Streamed by VGBootCamp!!

feanaro

Smash Rookie
So, Scar said he was going to this a while ago... is he still? If he is for the love of god have him commentate something. And get Wife to come. :surprised::surprised:

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
**** that kevin team with your boy!

SB sux :yeahboi:

also Evan if your still looking for a teammate im down!

or you adam. we'll put aside our differences and ****.

Some one hit me up

also pittsburgh will be at this!!!! hyupepeiojigfsjnsekf

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yea if kevin doesn't team w/ me ill team with you carroll.

EDIT: i'm teaming w/ KevinM, carroll. we can team at the next tourney i don't have a teammate for though, hit me up earlier than the week before =)

PB&J

Smash Hero
boat mode- are you still getting a hotel? If so,can me do you have room for my friend Tim and I,we aill chip in of course. please pm me with details and ill give you my number

Diaknos-if you go, i will love to team with you :)

NNID
dansalvato
Is there anyone who has more room in their housing area? It's a long drive and I'm afraid to take my beat-up car long distances, so I'm going with public transportation. Please PM me if you wouldn't mind accommodating me. :]

Mahone

Smash Champion
I might just team with a homie, but if i don't someone COOL should team with me, i don't care if ur good, but u gotta be COOL

CaptainCrunch

Smash Ace
Hey, so who's coming to this from Boston that has space in their car? Rn Im planning on gong down with banks and thorn to boston and carpooling with hailey and Dan to get to rom. We however have hbox, pi, richardo, and another friend who rly want to go but have no way of getting to the tourney. If anyone from boston has room in their cars please let me know so we can get everyone at this.

unknown522

Some guy
Wow. Who out of the top players are even going? Is it only mango?

Also our housing plans have failed twice. Can anyone house 5 Canadians?

:phone:

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Can we get some sort of schedule for this? And not like pools day 1, brackets day 2. I need to know what time things are starting on Sunday and what time things are planned to finish. It's really important and I might refrain from entering unless I can get an answer on this.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Can we get some sort of schedule for this? And not like pools day 1, brackets day 2. I need to know what time things are starting on Sunday and what time things are planned to finish. It's really important and I might refrain from entering unless I can get an answer on this.
i tried to find the answer for this a few times but no one has really replied. going to give alukard the benefit of the doubt and that he doesn't have power yet due to hurricane sandy.

according to the facebook group however, the event ends on sunday at 11:00pm....

so that's a rough guideline for you i guess that he at least plans to go that late. past RoMs have historically been known to end at around that time anyways (or so i've been told).

EDIT:

what hotels are most people staying at? and what was the rate? Are most people at the hilton or hampton? trying to find that 99$/night deal but it seems like no one in this thread has been able to find it. any help would be appreciated!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
this is gonna be fun

kage/chillin/someone else teams?
I'd also like to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they haven't recovered from the hurricane yet. I have a friend from the NYC area that didn't get power back until last night.
Good call -- I didn't even think of that.

In any case, I don't I think I can make this with such short notice. Have a blast, guys!

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah it's possible. Most of the NY smashers I've talked to have had power for at least a week.

He's definitely had a lot of FB activity yesterday-last week. So he should have power......

just sayin

Divinokage

Smash Legend
:urg: suddenly less hyped

in all seriousness, i'd love to see who can take top 5, if hbox/mango isn't coming. if mango comes, i want the PP/mango rematch!

(p.s. unknown bout to go in at this, if he goes :()
Sorry but if I go, these are my tournaments!!! Or need I to remind you guys a 5th time... lol.

unknown522

Some guy
Oh **** it's kage!

You gotta go man. Every match that I happen to come across, I'll create hype for no reason (like if you're playing vs a random or something)

Hax

Smash Champion
Aziz Al-Yami
yo you should check the rom5 thread lol
mad people are asking for a schedule

Brian MH Alukard Garcia
Been too busy making sure rom happens ... Sandy destroyed **** at both the new an old venue
Internet is barely livin

Aziz Al-Yami
oh ****

Brian MH Alukard Garcia
Roofwas demolished
**** went down
Some of my tvs were ficked
****ed !!!
Im pissed

:/

Nintendude

Smash Hero
oh **** well that explains stuff. Damn, I didn't think west of the hudson got it that bad but I guess I was wrong. I hope alukard can rescue rom.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Guys sorry about all this bull**** ... Hurricane sandy brought the greed out on your average american ... Homies overpricing everything ... My tvs were destroyed ... Internet needs to be repaired ... ... Lots of **** i didnt come here because i would rather not have you guys worry about it and just show up to the tournament an be happy ... Lol

As to the schedule ... I havent changed it ... the previous ones should be some sort of guideline ... 10am-1pm registration i make pools for like an hour and doubles tourney starts at 2pm .. Im going to run songles once i have majority of the pools for doubles done ... If we dont get enough for doubles pools ill run a bracket and cut down to top 16(8winners and 8 losers) to be played on stream while singles pools starts ... Also day2 will start at noon and end as long as we need it to .... Cmon guys theres a fb group as well ... Dont bust my balls so hard like its the first rom >_>

Top Bottom