• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 !! November 17-18 ! Road to Apex! NEW VENUE! Streamed by VGBootCamp!!

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
M2k go buy 3 controllers and break them in the way you want. You've been johning this way for a long time.

No sympathy after the second time.

:phone:

zhouster

Smash Rookie
If there was anyone who did NOT sandbag at this tournament, it was mew2king. Just look at his matches.
speaking of which, where can we find the damn matches?

my $.02

i think that it's not right to blame any one person.

1. It's not entirely Alu's fault that he wanted HIS tournament to be played by HIS rules that he had ALREADY posted.
2. It's not entirely M2K's fault for thinking that this national would be played like the other big nationals and use the same apex-modified ruleset. He should also have the right to be upset after he had to replay game 5 after unknown agreed to FD.
3. It's not Unknown's fault for being confused about the ruleset. I think he should've gone to Alukard before the fifth game, but he went afterward because he didn't want to lose. obvious statement is obvious, it's understandable.
4. it's DEFINITELY not KK's fault.

That being said.

I don't think splitting is bad. But I agree that it shouldn't be done until after the ****ing matches are already won, done, over.

I think the community is getting kinda butthurt because the tourney's last matches weren't as hype as everyone, myself included, wanted.

Finally, this is just turning into a big *** flame war and this is why the MBR needs to make an official ruleset that EVERY tourney follows, from regionals to nationals. christ.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
**** all this...............even tho rom finals was a **** up completely due to the selfishness of others alu's events make me want to try so much harder keep **** alive alu and thanks for ur efforts

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
This makes no sense bc M2K didn't request to switch the bracket - he allowed the switch per requests from Canada. So you can't have beef with M2K on this, period. Pretty sure you missed something here.
It may not have been at M2K's request, and for that, I apologise, but even if the request is from Canada, if the TO made every effort to ensure that players from the same region, nation, whatever, don't play each other in pools or even early on in the tournament, then it is tough **** if they are forced to play each other come finals time. Canada shouldn't get a pass if they visit the US to alter basic tournament conduct if they just so happen to play each other come finals.

M2K isn't complaining about unknown's choice of characters - the community is complaining about it because it's entirely unclear why Unknown would do that, considering his situation. It seems (or seemed), to us, that he threw 2 sets for no real reason when 3k viewers were on stream. Again your beef is misdirected.

So yeah if you can clarify what exactly you're talking about I'd appreciate that.
Again, I apologize for biting M2K's head off, but to the community, you are entirely wrong for making a snap judgment call based solely on the characters that Unknown chose in the tournament. You don't know the reason why he selected the characters that he did. Maybe he studied plenty of M2K footage on youtube and practiced with the characters that he did to counter what M2K would pull. Other than that, it is the fault of the judges that are under the TO to ensure that the rules are enforced in the first place so that the second set was needed, that I will agree.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
to me, that's what it kind of comes down to. sometimes (especially with the wrong controller) playing spacies against m2k is...not fun, at best (i would assume). the thing that gets me is that unknown beat him in winners, with spacies of some sort or another, so it's odd for him to not try to push that information further forward and win the tournament.

Alukard

Smash Hero
good thinking then, reno...i guess tio must have gone out of its way to track down and delete the extra copies :laugh:
That's too responsible IMO.
actually chain ace is going to make the results thread because he thought ahead while i was saving the extra tio file ... and all three got corrupt ... its not my fault this program is balls ... so i kept the pool sheets to be safe and chain ace took pictures of them ...

hows that for responsibility ... after all this drama i've had to talk to potential sponsorships and things i'm doing for the community ... its sad that i have to deal with jerks like you two ... at a time where we all need to be optimistic and just come together and learn from this you guys make fun ...

point is ... its going to come ... have some dam patience the tournament was yesterday! We have lives you know!

**** all this...............even tho rom finals was a **** up completely due to the selfishness of others alu's events make me want to try so much harder keep **** alive alu and thanks for ur efforts
thanks so much twebb ... thank you for coming!! send my thanks to the wifey as well
Guess my shoutouts shall wait.

inb4 standard wall of text from mew2king
lol please no attacks tim ... although i know you probably wont ... i just really want this to be an example of how we all need to be hyped to take down the best players !! .. thats why rom was such a success in such a short time ! ... everyone doubted mango's performance at pound and then EC started to pop off and he came here and tapped !! and we all got super hyped and rode the wave for lots of tournies to come ... thats what its about !! competition and fun!

i truly am sorry for everything ... i was put in a tough place ... granted things could have been avoided or handled differently ... but we all just really need to make sure it wont happen again !! lets stop the bashing already !

S l o X

Smash Champion
I thought the tournament was extremely well run and EVERY time I saw Alu, he was working on making the tournament a better experience for the players.

I am super happy that there is a new venue too.

regal68

Smash Cadet
I think RoM 5 is the community's chance to get on a whole new level and step up together.

I hope that everyone will push M2K and Unknown to have a runback for honor on stream at NEC/APEX/wherever they next meet.

This event and the love and dedication shown by prog/alukard/etc in response to it have ignited that fire within me to improve. I expect to see Unknown on fire after this as well as M2K, that man needs some good friends, seriously.

idea

Smash Master
lol what? i'm not making fun of you alukard, i'm making fun of tio. i'm actually impressed someone thought of saving extra copies ahead of time.

edit: m2k, it's not that controller johns aren't legit, it's that almost everyone has had problems with a controller at some point in their smash career. no one needs to hear that one anymore.

in my experience smash is a lot more fun when you just stop caring what other people think about your skill level.

P.S. you wouldn't happen to know anything about why our set from apex 2012 pools never went up, despite being on stream, would you ;)

Alukard

Smash Hero
my bad idea! ... it seemed that way ... i'm in a really defensive mood -___- ... its started off a really bad couple of days before ROM5 and then we got to the store and turned on power and outlets blew out ... almost a fire .... everything was a mess ... and boom ... GREAT NEWS cuz i get to keep the venue ... and its gorgeous !! ... and new plans i have that will make everyone a million times happier ... its just all good news on top of good news ... finally for it to end this way was just like ... getting left at the altar you know? LOL

well anyway lets make this right by learning from it all and i'll make sure i'll have stage rules on the back of the pool sheet and at the stream station for bracket matches

idea

Smash Master
my bad idea! ... it seemed that way ... i'm in a really defensive mood -___- ... its started off a really bad couple of days before ROM5 and then we got to the store and turned on power and outlets blew out ... almost a fire .... everything was a mess ... and boom ... GREAT NEWS cuz i get to keep the venue ... and its gorgeous !! ... and new plans i have that will make everyone a million times happier ... its just all good news on top of good news ... finally for it to end this way was just like ... getting left at the altar you know? LOL

well anyway lets make this right by learning from it all and i'll make sure i'll have stage rules on the back of the pool sheet and at the stream station for bracket matches
lol yeah i understand. don't worry man, everyone appreciates all your hard work.

btw rom 1 was like my 2nd or 3 OOC tourney and it was awesome :)

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
i truly am sorry for everything ... i was put in a tough place ... granted things could have been avoided or handled differently ... but we all just really need to make sure it wont happen again !! lets stop the bashing already !
I'm going to say this as a piece of advice, and then I will leave the thread.

No, you chose to put yourself in a difficult position by letting the Canadians bullying you into changing the brackets mid tournament. You, as a TO, only had the obligation to seed players in such a fashion that players from the same region, nation, whatever, don't play each other during the early rounds. If two people from the same region made it as close as they did to Winners Finals, then tough luck to them and make them play. You don't even consider rearranging the brackets just because, "they play each other often."

This is part of the reason why EVO doesn't allow at the door registration. They know that if people register at the door, their brackets would be wrecked.

unknown522

Some guy
Bully? He offered to make the switch if we made it to WSF and if the 4 people in WSF all agreed. Because he felt bad about what happened.

I dunno where bullying came from

:phone:

Top Bottom