• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
While I will certainly refrain from commenting too seriously until I've spoken to him and some of the attending parties (except Inui 'cuz I don't really like him), this basically sums up my current feelings.

Also, I'm probably down a teammate for APEX. Anyone left?
KK!!!!! Teams <3

:phone:

Gea

Smash Master
anyone but inui and i'd have been outraged
I feel bad for almost feeling the same way, as I really shouldn't. Thing is, even in Inui is talking smack, it's Inui. The guy who lusted after DugFinn and made it pretty public to the community and then got crushed. The guy who is known to smell like stale fritos. The guy who is a joke for liking anime feet on facebook. The guy whose hairstyle has been compared to George Washington. The guy who the community got to see his car flood.

He takes heckling and trashtalk ALL the time and has been ridiculed for doing some pretty embarrassing things. Now I'm not defending his behavior in any way, but I'm saying no one should feel offended by anything that comes out of his mouth in the first place because they shouldn't care about his opinions.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Well, I don't have much to say without coming off as being biased. All I have to say is...wow.

Revven

FrankerZ
The choking itself was not on stream. What was on stream was Unknown getting up after pausing to threaten Inui that if he continued to heckle him he'd dropkick him.

That was about it. And then we did hear that Unknown went off to find Inui or something. I think that's when the "grabbing his neck" happened or whatever.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Man, that is not what that word means. You have some bizarre ideas.

I'll be disappointed if Unknown is actually banned from going to Apex (and teaming with KK!) over just grabbing one punk's neck. He's been stepping his game up a lot recently and I was looking forward to seeing how he'd do there.
Unknown is an *******. He throws the matches at the last major tournament and now he attacks someone? He has no business attending Apex.

dkuo

Smash Lord
^ what is this rock bottom thing you're referring to? <_<

Is this really what we should primarily be concerned about at the moment? Like, of all the things to take from this incident, you've come to this reasoning?
yes

we need to be collectively bummed out and focus on nothing else

...ofc that's not the primary thing lmao. it was supposed to be a reply to blistering speed's reply to people saying they'll be disappointed about a ban. obviously it's within reason for people to put a ban, but being upset about it is also reasonable

ill edit my post so it flows better i guess. silly forum layout

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Eggm should be banned from Apex as well.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Eggm should be banned from Apex as well.
Yes, let's ban someone for something that happened 3 years before the thing that you want to ban him from.

That's completely logical and there is absolutely nothing anyone can say that would prove this to be a bad idea.

In all seriousness, I would be all for banning Unknown from Apex if there was evidence that this might happen again. However, afaik Unknown has no history of being a violent person and attacking other players, so banning him might be a bit pre-mature.

If it were up to me, I'd wait until I heard both players stories.

Hax

Smash Champion
Eggm's the homie haha don't worry about that. times have changed

dkuo

Smash Lord
yea banning eggm would make 0 sense

In all seriousness, I would be all for banning Unknown from Apex if there was evidence that this might happen again. However, afaik Unknown has no history of being a violent person and attacking other players, so banning him might be a bit pre-mature.

If it were up to me, I'd wait until I heard both players stories.
well at an early rom he chucked a chair after losing a set if that counts for anything

still want to hear unknown's long post though
and maybe inui's but im not really inclined to lmao

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Hax has forgiven Eggm, so it's best just to leave that in the past. I can't believe what an ******* Unknown is though. He isn't even apologetic about this whole thing.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I mean if you're that ****ing scared of unknown, ban him. If you're not a child, let him play. I'm sure he's learned something from the incident. And people should learn not to heckle people so much. No excuse for violence but damn. In theory we should try to be like one big happy melee family. You should know when you are pushing someone to their limits and tone it down.

Everything that happens isn't just for one reason, it's for multiple reasons. You can't just put the blame on one person 100% and act like you've seriously analyzed the situation.

/$0.02

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
i'm just mad i can't watch the swedish delight matches immediately. I was traveling all day today, so i couldn't root for the homey on the livestream :\

dkuo

Smash Lord
^ yo james put in mad work. now i dont feel bad for losing to his link in friendlies at zenith LOL

Foy

Smash Champion
Yo to be quite honest, Unknown kept it real and choked out that punk *****. If anything maybe Inui will learn some ****ing respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom