• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROM 5 - Mew2King vs Unknown522

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

At the same time can someone remind me when playing video games became such a big ****ing deal?
When the people behind those posts became emotionally invested to where it was more than playing a video game.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know what happened exactly? All I know is that Unknown got pissed at somebody

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah I'd love some clarification on it, but from what I could tell Inui was heckling Unknown in his set vs M2K and after about 1 stock in Winner's Finals Unknown paused and stood up and started screaming at Inui.

I'm fairly certain that I heard Unknown threaten to "drop kick" Inui @@

And I have plenty to say on the matter (raising your voice and threatening people is more/less never okay) but I'll wait until I hear more before I start posting. Pretty disappointed all-in-all.

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah I'd love some clarification on it, but from what I could tell Inui was heckling Unknown in his set vs M2K and after about 1 stock in Winner's Finals Unknown paused and stood up and started screaming at Inui.

I'm fairly certain that I heard Unknown threaten to "drop kick" Inui @@

And I have plenty to say on the matter (raising your voice and threatening people is more/less never okay) but I'll wait until I hear more before I start posting. Pretty disappointed all-in-all.
he was screaming **** within earshot range (once again)

I grabbed his neck.

Now banned from apex

:phone:

joY

Pot splitter
I woke up just in time for GF's.

I'll have to go back and watch these sets your talking about.

Heckling, I feel, is a big no no. Someone should have stomped that one out even before it had the chance to escalate.

dkuo

Smash Lord
he was screaming **** within earshot range (once again)

I grabbed his neck.

Now banned from apex

that's unfortunate. all the more reason people should start using headphones imo

not saying what you did was right though
but ****in inui seriously :/

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Heckling has always been a pretty big part of Melee tournaments. Look at Taj vs Mango at Genesis, or Ocean vs M2K at Apex 2012. It's just part of the scene, and why many players wear headphones or MP3 players. M2K has to be one of the most heckled players in any video game community. That doesn't make it okay, but it's a known factor.

Physical violence, though?

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
In b4 heckling security at future tournaments. Also, I think unknown522 knows what to do next.

VGbootcamp temporarily has their videos down. They're probably going to opt to delete that portion. Maybe make a clip extending up to that point in the tourney, skipping past the controversy and making a second clip of the rest of the tourney thereafter.

unknown522

Some guy
This is not the appropriate response to this situation at all.

Did you ask him to please stop first at the least?
This is the 4th tourney where I've asked him

In b4 heckling security at future tournaments. Also, I think unknown522 knows what to do next.

VGbootcamp temporarily has their videos down. They're probably going to opt to delete that portion. Maybe make a clip extending up to that point in the tourney, skipping past the controversy and making a second clip of the rest of the tourney thereafter.
there was no way it was caught on video

Construct

Smash Journeyman
This is the 4th tourney where I've asked him

there was no way it was caught on video

It was, partially. Audio was loud enough to discern what you were shouting, as well. GIMR didn't put the player cam on at first because your pants were... sagging a fair bit. But yeah, it was recorded.

dkuo

Smash Lord
it was on stream bro. even the audio ~_~

unless you're talking about something else that wasn't caught on tape

edit - well i got ninjaed

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Maybe getting phyisical with someone at a tournament 2 weeks after having caused another major controversy wasn't the best idea.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Maybe getting phyisical with someone at a tournament 2 weeks after having caused another major controversy wasn't the best idea.
While I will certainly refrain from commenting too seriously until I've spoken to him and some of the attending parties (except Inui 'cuz I don't really like him), this basically sums up my current feelings.

Also, I'm probably down a teammate for APEX. Anyone left?

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
but the xenophobia is always appreciated.
Man, that is not what that word means. You have some bizarre ideas.

I'll be disappointed if Unknown is actually banned from going to Apex (and teaming with KK!) over just grabbing one punk's neck. He's been stepping his game up a lot recently and I was looking forward to seeing how he'd do there.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Man, that is not what that word means. You have some bizarre ideas.

I'll be disappointed if Unknown is actually banned from going to Apex (and teaming with KK!) over just grabbing one punk's neck. He's been stepping his game up a lot recently and I was looking forward to seeing how he'd do there.
I'll wait for the full story, but I have to agree somewhat.

unknown522

Some guy
Maybe there will be some sort of explanation later. Currently chillin with some people so I don't really wanna type a long thing on the phone atm

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
No, seriously. Unjustified, violent behaviour is totally acceptable as long as you've been "stepping your game up". This is a totally rational precedent.

dkuo

Smash Lord
No, seriously. Unjustified, violent behaviour is totally acceptable as long as you've been "stepping your game up". This is a totally rational precedent.
whether it's rational or not, it's still a bummer in terms of player attendance if he's banned :/

edited because things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom