• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mafia | Day 7 | Game Over | Roles/Night Actions/Comments up on pg 57/58

unreon

Smash Ace
My goodness that was a great read. Thanks Anthony for hosting and putting so much into this :) By comparison to everyone else's ability, mine was pretty lame ><

Man, it seems like days 2 and 3 were all revolving around my night actions. It probably was a bad idea of me to hound after my super secret plan, because Summoner the Mafia Tracker was on my case :( Got me killed pretty fast too. I agreed and came to the same conclusions as Moose the entire game, but seriously arrow/moose/ilag has some PR issues lol. Same as Arrow and ILag. Although these guys were the three most vocal players, most of it was drowned out by the collective townies just by how incomprehensible some of their posts were. As a result alot of people weren't committing to lines of logic to get things done.

I probably should have been more vocal than I was on Day 2; didn't seem like anyone was really listening to me trying to stop the moose lynch happening lol. I think my biggest mistake was not accusing people more to prod them into action; I will do this more the next game that starts.

Pete, you've got big Vyse-size shoes to fill. I hope to see another game get off the ground and can't wait to play :D These "everyone has a role" games are so fun, hope the next is like this! Looking forward to SQUAT-mafia!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i dont remember lieing once... dont know what vyse is talking about
i just trusted moose. because it made the most sense, i explained it on all levels 2, logic, emotion nothing seemed to get through to the other townies :<

also i was more vocal since i wanted to get lynched not night killed. tried to act so blantantly controllling, so people would suspect me and mafia wouldn't kill since they think the town would.

i think muzga was the fail of the game... it was just terrible terrible bad luck for luke (but i wouldn't have called that move if i was him)

i wanted a lynch on day one... i got none. should have quoted sites more than coming up with common sense and logic.

i didn't want to lynch moose on day 2. but i thought it would prove the mooose innocence to the town, and narrow down the people in the lynch to 6 people so maybe 3 maf.

when the roles came out i was boosted from 75% sure to 90% that i knew all the mafia.

as for the final... wtf sif i dont kill sieg.. sif he has that bs broken power.. i am the hero and i dont get a bs power my power should have been (kills the last person who voted for him, if they dont die, hero lives).
I couldn't back down at that stage anyway -.- i knew sieg was confident enough to play it -.-

i should have gone for summoner, but i didn't know sieg had that power as godfather... thats so OP..

mafia tracker, i called it =P

but yeah i need to be more articlulate. i guess, instead of just statting all the reasons.... >.>

GG but sour ending, grats to maf =P

undead_moose

Smash Lord
I had to go through with my threat after i had issued it lord bowser

Muzga was the stupid one for making the sacrafice AS TOWN DOCTOR

And I called it all game

and non of you would go along with me unless it was me lynching myself.

And lol at who ever said moose is becoming like i lag

When i lag was one of the town actually doing its job instead of bandwagoning every lynch that is suggested

Muzga

Smash Ace
I had to go through with my threat after i had issued it lord bowser

Muzga was the stupid one for making the sacrafice AS TOWN DOCTOR

And I called it all game

and non of you would go along with me unless it was me lynching myself.

And lol at who ever said moose is becoming like i lag

When i lag was one of the town actually doing its job instead of bandwagoning every lynch that is suggested
I know it was a bad idea now, but to be fair you havent even tried to understand my logic. You dont listen to other people or their ideas, you just flat out refused to acknowledge the fact that you were **** suspicious. The fact that the first person who would vote for you just seemed too convenient and like the perfect excuse not to get voted when you were already under suspicion. A lot of people wanted to vote for you. You can't seriously say that was a stupid way of thinking. Its logical and it makes sense and im defending it. The fact that you got a majority vote illustrates this. Granted it was a big call for me but i
seriously thought that you were mafia and so did the majority. You cant say everyone was stupid for suspecting you when the fact that they suspected you was your own fault in the first place.

So stop crying and abusing everyone else. The game is over, you lost. Get over it.

Also ill be happy to join in squat mafia. Heres to hoping i dont get doctor again:p
it was fun in the short time that i was actually playing this game
Thanks guys:D

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i beg to differ. alot of people were unsure, and he was in the spot light. some people just wanted to kill for info. in my eyes he was annoying first day, cause he was stoping progress. the second day, he put forward some good ideas and was worth to trust, for a short time notice or to be determined.
but u went as far as to sacrifice yourself on day two, with little info to kill a person who could be almost anyone... he even warned you.... sure the mafia could bluff but... u think a mafia would have that power... you think he would tell you about it if he did.

but yeah town lost as a team... even tho we were so close at the end.,

anyway good first game for some people.
thx vyse for hosting, ill host one sometime... if pete doesn't in a week or 2

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Thanks guys. I had fun :)

i dont remember lieing once... dont know what vyse is talking about
Your Role PM stated nothing concerning the existence of a third party, despite that, you stated as much in one of your last posts day 1.

Moose went on to say that what was said in your PM referred to himself and that he was the third party.

At that point you should have called out Moose and stated that what you said was a lie and catch a liar, granted, a third party role is 90% sure to be anti-town with the exceptions of amnesiacs, survivors, etc, so there was nothing to call out in the first place.

One of the most disappointing misses by Town was believing Sieg's extremely convenient claim that he can't role claim and yet, not believe that Vlade was a Paranoid Gun Owner.

For some reason, Town was more interested in using their abilities to do stuff at night in order to win, when really, the game is won or lost during the day, through talking, refuting bad logic, and calling out contradictions.

@Pete: I can help you plan and co-host if you want. And it doesn't need to be super elaborate and exciting like this. Less is more, and when players don't have to second guess and know where to draw the line, it makes for a more comprehensible game. Before SQUAT happens though, I'd like somebody to mod a newbie setup game so I can play :)

@Unreon: I disagree with you about your role. Your role was probably one of the most important roles in the game.

Sieg

Smash Champion
It got me to the end didn't it? lol.

I think most people had figured out I was Godfather by then, it was things like Summoner's track that got me out of alot of stuff.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
no i didn't say that i was a third party or moose was.
i just said they existed in the game, based on a few peoples actions and the game setup... also abit of metagaming u vyse... lol. doesn't really help tho.

i believed vlade XD and i no its not much but i knew sieg wasn't the hero lololol

the town had day jobs, so we could only go out at night to hunt :<

mafia tracker??? no way <--- lolololol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
no i didn't say that i was a third party or moose was.
i just said they existed in the game, based on a few peoples actions and the game setup... also abit of metagaming u vyse... lol. doesn't really help tho.
That's what I meant by what I said.

You said that a third party existed based on what you Role PM said, when in fact your Role PM said no such thing.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I just realised that unreon got night killed by SK the same night we killed him.

Could have killed cop that night dammit. lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just realised that unreon got night killed by SK the same night we killed him.

On like 3/4 nights, Afropony picked the same person as the Mafia, which was bad.

Serial Killer really needs to play with Town, not against it the whole time to begin with. Since for the most part, SK can be night killed by Mafia. And this way, he's not picking the same targets as Mafia.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You and Arrow are the exceptions of course :)

SQUAT MAFIA will take time to prepare from Pete, so I'd like somebody to step up and host a simple game with no flavour in the meantime.

By simple I mean standard roles from here:
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Roles

We need something that's not too out of the ordinary, but with a little bit of variety.
By simple, I also mean, a game that lacks an abundance of power roles.

Preferably, something like:

1x Mafia Goon
1x Mafia Power Role 1

1x Town Power Role 1
1x Town Power Role 2
5x Vanilla Town

You could vary the amount of town roles a little with either 1 less or 1 more, but either way you need to try and make the power of each faction proportional.

Melancholy

Smash Ace
I'd be happy to mod something if you help me set it up Vyse? That's unless you want to play?

I dunno too much about balancing a mafia game :confused:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord

lol, I thought I told you that's why I went after Afropony. We didn't need the SK around.

@Muzga: I think Moose is trying to say that, as Doctor, you probably shouldn't have done it. But, on the other hand, after finding out and unvoting straight away would probably paint a target on yourself from the mafia as they'll think you have a power role and you'll probably come under more suspicion from town depending on how you explained it.

@Moose: You DID have the option of not killing him. The fact that he didn't unvote probably was a indication of Muzga being town. You probably could have easily explained why you lied about it the next day. While you might have been lynched because of it, at least town doctor would still be in the game. It was your initial lie that caused the whole debacle anyway. I still don't see the need of that lie when you were town (why are you even lying when you're town anyway, it just makes the whole game more confusing for town and better for mafia)

inb4 "Shut up, scumbag"

unreon

Smash Ace
@Vyse: Yeah, I was half-kidding about it. I knew Watcher was super important, which is why I buggered you over MSN, freaking out about my logic of who to pick LOL I just wished I had a Falcon Paunch on death too D:

Sieg, then maaaaybe you shouldn't have killed me. Nor should SK. GRRRRRR I'll make sure to kill you both first next game >:D

Sign me up to the next mafia game!

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
what was the exact post?
i doubt i did lie.. if its the one i am thinking about i said, "smells like theres a 3rd party".
i didn't imply moose was it. i was talking about a serial killer.
i wasn't stating a fact, it was an opinion.. so no it wasn't a lie.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
is it just my pm that vyse sent me, but my mission hints of a third party being active.
Arrow, for some reason you keep reading what I'm saying wrong. I didn't say that you were trying to imply anything about Moose. I'm saying that you should have jumped on Moose when he came out saying he was the third party you claimed that your PM hinted of.

Your lie was saying your Role PM hints of a third party.
If you read your actual Role PM and said to yourself 'Based on my Role PM, I think that there's a Third Party involved' then I apologise, but I really don't think you could have garnered the existence of a third party from your actual Role PM.

Especially when all your role PM reads is:
____
Passive Abilities
Last Stand: If you receive the majority vote for a lynch, the final person to place a vote will be killed as well.

Active Abilities
You have no active abilities.

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
_____

To put it bluntly, your role PM does not state, nor hint towards a third party in the game, and yet you decided to say that your Role PM hinted towards the existence of a third party.

_____

Moose used this lie to make a bluff.
You then should have known that this bluff was based on a lie you created.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
oo i that post, because of the words u used, such as town-aligned. active abilities and passive abilities. it just seemed there would be inderpendants/3rd party, because i can imagine what you wrote and the fact that it was rocky mafia with "characters". sure there could have not been...
wasn't a lie, i thought that my pm helped me find out there was an existance of a 3rd party. i didn't know who the 3rd party was in the slightest tho since it was day one =P

the point was to warn/keep people open to the idea of a 3rd party. not to generate a moose based lie =P

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Okay, I see that you weren't lying. But the point I keep trying to make is that I didn't think you were trying to engineer a trap to ensnare moose. BUT an opportunity arose when he took what you said.

Blargh.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I haven't gotten any PM from Melancholy, but I have 9-player basic set-ups I could just toss out and run for you people. :p

Top Bottom