• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Mafia | Day 7 | Game Over | Roles/Night Actions/Comments up on pg 57/58

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I would think others would die if he died from targeting Vlade then.

He was the only one who hadn't roleclaimed that wasn't mafia lol. Assuming everyone was truthful, that's all we needed.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah Unreon I did not kill Muzga because I was tense, he was the last one who voted Moose remember?

I was indeed relaxed on Night 2, then went tense every night after that. Thank you Muzga for saving me :)

And I owe an apology to Moose, I still don't know how you thought summoner was Mafia lol

unreon

Smash Ace
Well then the story tricked me D: I thought that maybe your ability could only kill a limit of one person a night, and unfortunately Muzga targetted you first (good for me!). I didn't think the doc would play such a risky move. Well, apologies to you Vlade :)

Had no idea about a Framer being in the game, haha. Bowser was smart and looked at someone else, which probably saved us from killing off Vlade.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I really don't know why I had that list as my special ability, it really didn't help us at all.
It wasn't supposed to :)

It was a ticking time bomb designed to stop Mafia from winning too easily.
Although, it is a bit of a ******* mod mechanic, and not one I'll use again.

Xiivi had his doubts, since he too knew that in most Mafia games, it would completely destroy Mafia, but somehow Mafia managed to get through it in this one.

I'll post up everything tonight.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Man, my Beloved Prince ability was so lulzy. I thought it would be OK if I had some sort of bodyguard, but I end up dying anyway XD. Definitely the turning point of the game.

And I thought that plan was going to work. I took time to write it out and everything. Argh!

I (and I LAG) still win, but I can't help but feel responsible for the townie's downfall lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
10characters

Hey guys, just thought I'd swing by and ask:

Do you guys care about grab release to tipper fsmash on squirtle?

<3

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Sieg! You are Shaya, the Mafia Godfather. You are a proud smasher and community leader. However, your resolve to win on your own terms has led you down a dark path without you realising it.

Faction Abilities
Communication: You are in the mafia with LeishaChu (swordsaint), the Mafia Framer and SummonerAU (Sirias), the Mafia Tracker. You may speak with them at any time throughout the game, however you must also provide me with logs of all communications as well.

Mafia Night Kill: Once per night, the members of the mafia must agree on a player to kill. Failing to decide within the allotted time frame will result in a ‘no-kill’. The Mafia Godfather must nominate the mafia member that will perform the kill and the target by sending this information via PM to the moderator. If the Godfather dies, the remaining Mafia must decide themselves.

Passive Abilities:
One-Shot Investigation Innocence: The first Cop investigation on you will return a pro-town result. You will not be informed when this ability has been used.

One-Shot Bulletproof: The first kill targeting you will fail. You will not be informed when this ability has been used.

[HIDDEN ABILITY]: You have a hidden, passive ability that may be triggered during the course of the game. You will be notified by PM (if applicable) if it activates.

Active Abilities:
You have no active abilities.

Win Condition:
You win when you have an undeniable majority rule over the town or when nothing can prevent this.
Hidden Ability – Impulsive Census: On Day 4 a census revealing the remaining roles (not player/character names) in the game will be released if Shaya is still alive. This cannot be prevented. Players will not know you as a player released the census but will be informed that it was released by the character ‘Shaya’.
=-=-=-=

everyone wants you dead no matter what question you ask

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, LeishaChu! You are swordsaint, the Mafia Framer. A player of reputable skill who has done well out of state in the past, but somebody who realises that if he’s to win, he’s going to have to play his cards right.

Factional Abilities
Communication: You are in the mafia with Sieg (Shaya), the Mafia Godfather and SummonerAU (Sirias), the Mafia Tracker. You may speak with them at any time throughout the game, however you must also provide me with logs of all communications as well.

Mafia Night Kill: Once per night, the members of the mafia must agree on a player to kill. Failing to decide within the allotted time frame will result in a ‘no-kill’. The Mafia Godfather must nominate the mafia member that will perform the kill and the target by sending this information via PM to the moderator. If the Godfather dies, the remaining Mafia must decide themselves.

Passive Abilities
You have no passive abilities.

Active Abilities
Frame: You are good at setting people in a light that may not really represent them. Once per night you may target a player, thus making them appear mafia to all inspections.

Troll: You have the innate ability to make fun of people through your harsh words. Once a night you may select one person to target with this ability and is not considered a ‘visitation’ by you (It cannot be tracked or watched). Everybody will be forced to make fun of this person in one post the following day. Most people are above getting trolled, but some people react differently.

Win Condition:
You win when you have an undeniable majority rule over the town or when nothing can prevent this.
=-=-=-=

Omg you called me Kas. <3
Yayyy~
So happy when people who don't really know me call me Kas instead of Sirias... Or KaZZZ. ZZZZZZ.

I'll take you up on that challenge.
Falco on Wolf? c:

Edit:

OMG Luke called me Kas, too. <333

And I suppose so. Chris plays MK really well (when he doesn't play like CRUD! *glare*) and knows how to bed pretty lame with him... But yep. No one in Australia knows how to play any characters as well as they could be played. Although I could argue that most Americans still don't play their characters as best they can be played 'cause Brawl is still growing. And so on and so forth ETC I DON'T CARE TOO TIRED SLEEPING NOW KBAI. =]

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, SummonerAU! You are Sirias, the Mafia Tracker. An excellent Melee player tipped to win Rocky. Usually you just ‘cbf’ doing anything, much less competing at a national level, but now that you’re in Melbourne you’ve decided that you really need the money, and to win the money, you need to win at all costs.

Factional Abilities
Communication: You are in the mafia with Sieg (Shaya), the Mafia Godfather and LeishaChu (swordsaint), the Mafia Framer. You may speak with them at any time throughout the game, however you must also provide me with logs of all communications as well.

Passive Abilities
Talkative: You have a posting restriction. Each of your posts must contain at least 3 sentences. You must include at least one sentence of off-topic subject matter not relating to the game in any way. This sentence may not be the first or last sentence of your post.

Active Abilities
Track: You may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player targeted in the same night phase. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Name(s)] or [None].

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

bryan is a zombie...and should also come to my place like everyday to practice smash since i dont have a wii anymore =(

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, I_LAG! You are tibs7, the Independent Hider. The best Brawler in Melbourne and best Diddy main in Australia, you’re a hot favourite for winning Brawl singles at Rocky. You are a dedicated player always looking to improve to be the best and to you that’s all that matters.

Passive Abilities

Active Abilities
Practice Session: Always training to be the best, you can visit somebody and practice smash with them once per night. They will not know someone visited them and you cannot be night killed that night. If the person you visit is night killed, you will be killed as well.

Win Condition:
You win when the game has ended and you are still alive. You are neither town nor mafia aligned.
=-=-=-=

The ****? Fox outsmarts the bear?

No one outsmarts a ****ing bear.

Bear comes up and ***** you. The end.

I'd say that Ganon is the bear in this analogy lol.

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Afropony! You are Sieg, the Independent Serial Killer. One of the very first members of the Queensland smash scene, you’ve been a witness to its many ups and downs and these days, you’ll probably be caught practicing Street Fighter IV at the arcade than practicing smash at home. You’ll do anything to convert people to your favourite fighting games. Even if that means taking out a few people along the way.

[HIDDEN ABILITY]: You have a hidden ability that may be triggered during the course
of the game. You will be notified by PM (if applicable) if it activates.
Passive Abilities

Active Abilities
Night Kill: Once per night you may target and kill one player. You will receive a PM containing either [Successful], [Failed] or [Role Blocked].

Win Condition:
You win when you are the last player standing or nothing can prevent this. You are neither town nor mafia aligned.
Hidden Ability – Fueling the flamewar: "You have been trolled! You have the choice of two of the following abilities, one from Group A, and one from Group B!
A
1. You will be unlynchable the next Day Phase!
2. You will be bulletproof the next Night Phase!

B
3. You will have a second night kill the next Night Phase!
4. You will have an Executioner's kill the next Day Phase!"
=-=-=-=

*Posing in absolute handsomeness*
Remember guys, refrain from direct eye contact with me or be blinded by god-tier handsomeness (Except for Dekar ...coz we have a thing).
FOR GREAT RED HEAD JUSTICE! *Ike and Captain Bravo pose combo*

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Melancholy! You are Cronos_Rainbow, the Vanilla Townie. You are one of the oldest members of the Australian smash community, residing with other old pros in Melbourne. Lately you’ve been too busy to play smash competitively, but you’re always on hand to give your support. Despite lacking a direct role in this tournament, your knowledge and experience are what make you an invaluable asset.

Passive Abilities

Active Abilities

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
=-=-=-=

Sounds like a good idea, granted that people can keep their egos in check =)

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Muzga! You are Amaterasu, the Town Doctor. You are the best Metaknight main in Australia, and the best Brawler in Queensland. You are a very friendly, amiable person that others can place their trust in. You are also studying to be a doctor.

Passive Abilities
Trustworthy: All inspections targeting you will never reveal a mafia result.

Active Abilities
Doctor’s Protection: Each night you may target a player to be protected, this will protect them from all kills that night. The targeted player is not informed that they were protected. You will not be informed if you protected the player from a kill. You cannot use this ability on yourself.

Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
=-=-=-=

I'm allowed to think that I will win!

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Toshi! You are Corpsecreate, the Beloved Prince. You are both the best Toon Link in Australia and the top Brawler in Western Australia. You’ve also been tipped as a crowd favourite to win Rocky, and to say ‘crowd favourite’ would be an understatement for how much support Perth is giving you. So much hype has risen up that others have gotten washed away in it too and it would cause devastation if anything happened to you.

Passive Abilities
Beloved: If you die, the next day phase will be skipped due to your funeral and the town being too emotionally distraught to do anything. The game will immediately enter the next night phase.

Active Abilities
You have no active abilities

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

Tiers are ultimately pointless when it comes to character choice. It just comes down to picking the one that best fits your style, or the character you enjoy playing, or picking meta knight because you dont really care about the characters and just want to win.

example: Ness is pretty manly to use, not because he's low tier, but because he's Ness. =P

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, kupo! You are Meteor Master, the Flavour Townie. In your time playing smash, you have caused many upsets with your low tier prowess. Tiers in general have never swayed you in your character choice, you instead choosing the characters that work best for you. LeishaChu is an important part of your life too and would stand up for her if people started picking on her.

Passive Abilities

[HIDDEN ABILITY]: You have a hidden, passive ability that may be triggered during the course of the game. You will be notified by PM (if applicable) if it activates.

Active Abilities

Win Condition:
Hidden Ability – Stand up for Leisha!: When LeishaChu is trolled, the moderator will use the preceding night’s flavour text to inform players that LeishaChu is town aligned.
=-=-=-=

If i come early i demand to be fed mother or else ill be too tired and chuck a tantrum like a toddler >=(

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Nixenator! You are LeishaChu, the Town Backup. A well known female smasher from Melbourne, you’ve travelled all around to play and meet those who love the game as much as you do. You’re there to have fun and support your friends when they need it, jumping in to help whoever needs it too.

Passive Abilities

Active Abilities
[HIDDEN ABILITY]: You have a hidden, active ability that may be gained during the course of the game. You will be notified by PM (if applicable) if it activates.

Win Condition:
Hidden Ability – Backup: Upon the death of either the Town Doctor, the Town Cop or the Town Watcher, you will receive their role, but only the abilities of the first of those roles to die.
=-=-=-=

OMG! It's been so long! I miss Mikey. Ranma was the best team ever (sorry Deks, Cuties comes a close second).

And Husband is hilarious. I miss that guy too.

Um..yea. Can i have all the sav vids cao? :p

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Vlade! You are kupo, the Town Paranoid Gun Owner. One of the oldest smashers in the scene, you’ve long since discarded reservations about being a female player, but one could never be too careful, especially with the hype and the new people attending Rocky. Arming yourself before coming to the tournament may have been a good idea to begin with, however, you’re afraid that you may not be able to control yourself if approached by anyone in this situation.

Passive Abilities

Active Abilities
Paranoia: Each night, you must elect to be ‘tense’ or ‘relaxed’ by sending me your choice in a PM. If you select tense, you will kill any player that targets you with a night action. If you select ‘relaxed’, you will not kill players that target you with a night action.

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

Japan is like an alien continent from the space future.

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, undead_moose! You are mic_128, the Town Jack-Of-All-Trades. One of the oldest members of Smashboards and one of its highest ranking moderators. You have direct input into issues that concern the entirety of the website. You’re here on a holiday, and for the tournament so your abilities as a smashboards senator are somewhat diminished. Despite that, you still retain many great abilities and influence.

Passive Abilities
Senator’s Intuition: Player Toshi is Corpsecreate the Beloved Prince. You are the only player in the game with that knowledge (aside from Toshi himself). The death of the Beloved Prince will cause devastation to the town so you must protect him at all costs!

Active Abilities
Permanent Ban: Once during the game, as a night action, you may elect to kill one player by sending me their name.

In after the lock: Once during the game, you may prevent a player who has received a majority vote for a lynch, from being lynched by sending me their name after a majority is reached.

Taking the fall: Each night you may elect to use this ability. ‘Toshi’ will be protected from all ‘kill’ actions for that night. If they are targeted by a kill action, you will be targeted instead.

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

Is the 8 in a 68 his butt cheeks?

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, xXArrowXx! You are ACCELERATE, the Town Hero. Cocky, loud-mouthed and skilled, you are becoming of the title ‘Hero’. You’ve come to Rocky with the intent to place no less than first in Melee singles and know that it is more than just a feasible goal. Good friends with many of Australia’s smashers and admired for both personality and skill your ego is more than a little inflated, and may prove to be detrimental, especially if the town decides you aren’t to be trusted.

Passive Abilities
Last Stand: If you receive the majority vote for a lynch, the final person to place a vote will be killed as well.

Active Abilities

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

sorry teddy, but hey we gotta give the competition a chance sometimes you know?

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Lord Bowser! You are luke_atyeo, the Town Cop. Friendly, funny and proud; you are one of the best Snake mains in Australia and are attending Rocky to defend that title thusly. More than that, this tournament is a great way to catch up with your friends and just enjoy a game that you love. In the situation befalling its entrants though, you find that your occupation as a security guard has quickly been promoted to a much more important role. Your goal is to sniff out the mafia and help the Town make informed decisions.

Passive Abilities
Wall of Elysium – A wall you cannot overcome!: Even in death, your team chemistry with Condog (tedeth) is so great that his ghost provides you with a second set of eyes and valuable advice. You may speak to him at any time throughout the game; I only ask that you provide me with logs of your communications.

Active Abilities
Investigate: You may target a player to be inspected, thus discovering their alignment. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing either [Anti-Town] or [Town].

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

Small tuurnouts actually let me play the game ;)

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, luke_atyeo! You are CAOTIC, the Town Director. Perhaps the most iconic and influential smasher in Australia and well known throughout the world, you are the tournament director for Rocky. Rocky hasn’t quite gotten to the start you were aiming for, but people have faith in your abilities and attitude towards problematic situations and with your abilities as a tournament director in tow, you are sure that the town can pull through.

Passive Abilities

[HIDDEN ABILITY]: You have a hidden, passive ability that may be activated during the course of the game. You will be notified by PM (if applicable) if it activates.

Active Abilities
Redirect: You may select any two players, including yourself. All other abilities that target one of the two players, will target the other player instead. The players who are targeted as well as any other players who target either are not informed of this.

Win Condition:
Hidden Ability – Infraction: When you are trolled, the preceding night’s flavour text will state that the person whom trolled you has been ‘Infracted’ for trolling. This will not reveal who this player is, their role or alignment.
=-=-=-=

who is unrreon
who is accelerate
i was hoping good people would be coming =(

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Unreon! You are Dekar289, the Town Watcher. A top Melee player from Victoria, you’ve honed your skills for a number of years and are proud to call yourself a top player in Australia. You have a brash and have a unique sense of humour that leaves people unfamiliar with it annoyed, but your basic skills in Melee, following opponents and reading their moves is something you hope will help you in this situation too.

Passive Abilities

Active Abilities
Watch: You may target a player to be watched, thus discovering whom that player was visited by in the same night phase. You will receive a Private Message from the moderator containing [Name/s] or [None].

Win Condition:
=-=-=-=

I'm not going to lie attila. I really want you to pick norfair against me.

Welcome to Rocky Mafia, Condog! You are tedeth, the Town Mason. A well known Wolf/Wario main with recent training in America under your belt. A member of the indomitable duo Luke and Ted, who’s signature technique ‘Wall of Elysium’ has proven time and again to be an amazing strategy. Your abilities as an accomplished fencer made you a very formidable tracker, but death came to you before you could be of help to the town.

Passive Abilities
Wall of Elysium – A wall you cannot overcome!: In death however, you continue to offer support to your partner, Lord Bowser (luke_atyeo) the Town Cop. You cannot directly post in the game or otherwise communicate with any member of the game aside from Lord Bowser. You do not count towards Town's numbers in terms of majority rule.

Active Abilities

Win Condition:

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Wow moose, you should have just night killed me if you definitely thought I was mafia just to prove your point. I'm pretty surprised, it appears that you didn't really use any of your abilities the whole game.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
I used all of my abillites

i wasnt sure of you untill after i killed muzga to prove my point

and yet town still didnt listen?

Also i want to know how toshi died when i protected him every night he was alive until that 3 town idiot fest

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Night Actions

Night 1

1. undead_moose Protects Toshi
2. xXArrowXx
3. SummonerAU Tracks luke_atyeo, receives a report saying [I_LAG] and [Kupo]
4. LeishaChu Frames I LAG, redirects to Kupo. Trolls I LAG, redirects to Kupo. Mafia Night Kill's Melancholy.
5. Sieg
6. Vlade is Tense
7. Luke_Atyeo redirects I LAG and Kupo.
8. Muzga protects Toshi.
9. Unreon Watches Arrow, receives a report saying [Lord Bowser]
10. Melancholy
11. Afropony Night Kill's Melancholy.
12. Lord Bowser investigates Arrow and gets a pro-town result
13. I_LAG hides with Toshi.
14. Toshi
15. Nixenator
16. kupo

Night 2

1. undead_moose Night Kills Muzga, protects Toshi - protection is redirected to Sieg
2. xXArrowXx
3. SummonerAU Tracks unreon, receives a report saying [Vlade]
4. LeishaChu Frames Vlade, Trolls I LAG.
5. Sieg Night Kills luke_atyeo.
6. Vlade is relaxed.
7. Luke_Atyeo redirects Sieg and Toshi
8. Muzga protects undead_moose
9. Unreon watches Vlade, receives a report saying [LeishaChu]
11. Afropony Night Kills Sieg - Night kill is redirected to Toshi
12. Lord Bowser Investigates Pete278 and gets a pro-town result
13. I_LAG hides with unreon
14. Toshi
16. Pete278

Night 3

1. undead_moose
2. xXArrowXx
3. SummonerAU Tracks Afropony, receives a report saying [unreon]
4. LeishaChu Frames Pete278, Trolls Afropony
5. Sieg Night Kill's unreon
6. Vlade is Tense
9. Unreon Watches Afropony, receives a report saying [Lord Bowser] and [SummonerAU]
11. Afropony Night Kills unreon
12. Lord Bowser Investigates Afropony and receives an Anti-Town result.
13. I_LAG Hides with LeishaChu.
16. Pete278

Impulsive Census Activates
Fuelling the Flamewar Activates

Night 4

1. undead_moose
2. xXArrowXx
3. SummonerAU Tracks ToshI_LAG, receives a report saying [xXArrowXx]
5. Sieg Night kills Lord Bowser
6. Vlade is Tense
11. Afropony Night Kills Lord Bowser
12. Lord Bowser Investigates SummonerAU and receives an Anti-Town result.
13. ToshI_LAG Hides with xXArrowXx
16. Pete278

Night 5

2. xXArrowXx
3. SummonerAU Tracks ToshI_LAG, receives a report saying [Sieg]
5. Sieg Night kills undead_moose
6. Vlade is Tense
13. ToshI_LAG Hides with xXArrowXx
16. Pete278

Night 6

3. SummonerAU Tracks ToshI_LAG, receives a report saying [SummonerAU]
5. Sieg Night kills Pete278
6. Vlade is Tense
13. ToshI_LAG Hides with SummonerAU
16. Pete278

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Wait holdup. You used your abilities to just make what you said 'true'?I can understand using the stop a lynch to save yourself but did you really have to kill Muzga?

Well, I suppose I can't really comment on it as I wasn't town.

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Yes i did

I thought it would gain trust but it seems i would just have to be called summonerAU to gain trust so easily

Also i warned muzga WHO MAY I ADD TOWN DOCTOR?! REALLY?! I NEVER FACEPALMED SO HARD IN MY LIFE

How was my protection moved to sieg?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Oh man, I love reading Night 2.

And in Night 6, shouldn't I have received a report saying [SummonerAU]?

Luke's ability switched Sieg and Toshi so anything at Toshi went to Sieg and anything at Sieg went to Toshi.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
First off, I just want to say that before you read this, know that if I didn't like your play, I will rip into you. And for the more experienced players, I took the time to critique it more than others because I know you guys already know what was going on a lot of the time. HOWEVER bad blood stays in the game, because that's all it is. Otherwise GG's, I'm glad you all liked the game, and am super pumped to play with you guys because, for your varying skill levels, I think you all did very well for the most part :)

Super Brief Summary:

Moose and Arrow were Town’s strongest players, but they Appealed to Emotion too much, so I don’t blame Town for not wanting to listen to them. I wouldn’t have if I were you guys in your positions either (If it was me playing their suspicions would have lined up with mine).

Luke_Atyeo and Muzga have to contend for the biggest misplay of the game.

Massive props to Summoner, who went above and beyond the Call of Duty (Modern Warfare 2) and absolutely gorged himself on how Forum Mafia is played, read the wiki, read through entire games as large and larger than this one to help make sure his faction won.

Brief Summary:

Fun game. Everyone was relatively involved, only kupo deciding she couldn’t keep up, and that’s a good thing, because the game is a lot better with active participants.

I, as a mod, quickly had to adapt to the role of making sure things stayed as balanced and unbroken as possible. That’s why I have to be an ******* about the rules, especially with the ‘No outside communication’ rule. It’s just not fair to talk about the game in any context outside of the thread. Everything you say, comment on, and don’t comment on is meant to be scrutinised in the game. It is just not fair, not even slightly. This isn’t a game that can merely stop you from doing as you please. When you sign up, it becomes a bond of trust between me, you and the rest of the game’s players, and when you break the rules, it's also breaking the work and effort of the mod to keep the game going, and the fun of all other players.

What’s more, this game involved a hidden role. Condog was actually a part of the game, a hidden Mason that couldn’t post, couldn’t vote and did not count towards the number of Townies. If any of you had started talking to him about it, it would have screwed up the game, and you would not have known. So that’s why I was especially angry with everyone that did break the rules.

Town’s downfall in this game was lying to itself and instead of trying lead, it tried to make too many deals and used ‘Appeals to Emotion’ (Or AtE’s) to try and sway and discourage Town. Particularly, this is aimed at Arrow and Moose and to a lesser extent, Melancholy. You guys really need to rethink your strategies when it comes to presenting your facts and persuading town.

It is equally the rest of the town’s fault for trying to be suspicious of everyone, and for dismissing what Moose, Arrow and I_LAG were trying to do. You guys spent waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time doubting Moose and Arrow and I_LAG, even after they proved time and again that town’s choices were the wrong ones to make.

Also, Muzga. Never, ever ever ever ever ever ever tempt fate as the Doctor. As the doctor you should be trying to make yourself useless a kill option as possible in all scenarios.

Arrow/Moose/I_LAG vs the rest of Town was annoying to watch. Instead of trying to scum hunt, the rest of town just tried to hatch plans based around night actions, which definitely wasn’t the way to go.

The thing I wanted Town to do more than anything was pressure policy lynches on all of the inactive players. That’s a number 1 strategy for Town past RvS and well into day 1-2. If you guys had of pursued inactives, Afropony, LeishaChu and Sieg would all have been targets, and would all have had to attempt to defend themselves.

On Mafia’s inactive players. Sieg was inactive a lot, but not too inactive. Leisha was ridiculously inactive and made zero attempts at scumhunting and parroted the whole game. SummonerAU was leading for Mafia, and did a **** good job for somebody who’d never played before. I was expecting Leisha to lead, but Summoner got right into it, learning the game, strategies and even read entire games on Smashboards. How many of you guys did that?

Finally. Four days of No Lynches was ridiculous. I think it’s unprecedented. Seriously. Mega lolz. It was one of those ‘Not likely to happen’ scenarios, but it did, and I’m glad. I’m sad that some of the other game mechanics didn’t get a chance to shine, but that’s just how the game goes.

Highlights:
- I_LAG’s ridiculous play and accuracy in his scumlists
- SummonerAU’s Play throughout the game
- Moose and Arrow’s show of scum hunting abilities throughout the game
- The endgame gambit that saw Shaya survive a Falcon Punch

Lowlights:
- Moose and Arrow having to lie to town
- People not getting their night actions in before I had to prod them
- Me losing internet for a week or so which hampered progress
- RULE BREAKERS!!!

If people can take one thing away from this, it’s this:

I am Mod, thy God. Everything I do and say has the best interests of the game at heart, and is impartial. If you ask me a question, and I don’t want to give you an answer, you should never EVER read into it or try to draw a conclusion based on what I answered. This is because I will always give the same answer, even if the information has no benefit to you whatsoever.

[collapse=Summary]Day 1:

Luke tries to kick off the random voting stage with an eventual wagon on Toshi, whilst SummonerAU is keen to start a No Lynch wagon straight off. Terrible, terrible play for mafia to make. No Lynching should be the very last option to consider regardless of the day of the game. I can guarantee that if I was playing in the game I would have immediately wagoned against SummonerAU, and not only would we have finished the random voting stage in an incredibly short amount of time (though, I’ve seen Xiivi finish it faster ;) ), we would have had a scum lynch day 1. Day 1 is meant to be for feeling people out and then making an educated guess with the lynch unless the mafia makes a mistake like SummonerAU made in his first post. Ask Tom (Tom in decisive games), he will lecture you at length on why No Lynching is one of the worst options you can take. At the end of the day, the town has two things. Their brain and their ability to lynch once per day. And the former is useless without the latter.

Unfortunately, people were all too willing to debate the benefits of a No Lynch, and Summoner somehow, amazingly got away with what he was proposing. Melancholy and Arrow were two of the vocal players against the idea of a no lynch, and I’m surprised that they didn’t immediately move their votes to the players advocating it strongly. I LAG was my favourite player of the day because his play reflected what I wanted to see.

Quote of the day:

(7) No Lynch : SummonerAU, Muzga, Sieg, undead_moose, LeishaChu, kupo, Afropony <-- all mafia/stupid

nix come on man your wasting your vote, i doubt arrow is mafia.

lets vote for toshi and if toshi isn't mafia then luke was probably telling the truth and the others who jumped on were mafia.
and they are vlade and arrow who atm look the least mafia since they wont a lynch

VOTE: Toshi

Day 2:

Melancholy dies, he was also the first Serial Killer target, so that’s why you never got to see the SK kill flavour night 1. Melancholy, you’re definitely a smart player, but you let yourself get punished by Mafia. By initial logic, Mafia would benefit from killing off players that are likely smart enough to catch them out. So from day 1 onwards, you need to hound everyone, and keep on EVERYONE in the game. What you need to do is provide a clearly visible reason why Mafia would want to kill you.

For example, if you put pressure on Sieg and SummonerAU, catching small scumslips here and there and calling them out on inconsistencies, and then was killed by Mafia in the night, town would logically move to believe Sieg and Summoner are Mafia. The point of the story is that you need to create links to as many people as possible in the game to ensure that Mafia cannot safely kill you. Otherwise time and again, the good players are just going to be killed off early.

I have to congratulate Mafia for their play day 2. Sieg and Leisha did nothing of value to town and drew as little attention as possible to themselves, and Tom encouraged the severe tunnel visioned town into not only putting a lynch on Moose, which despite his constant claims, was null and void, and set up a frame on Vlade which the town agreed to investigate.

Posts like Vlade were good:

Looks like we're back where we started guys with close to nothing to work from

I personally think we should focus on the no-lynch group, the mafia are more than likely to be there because:

a) No-lynch is advantageous because it gives the townies nothing to work from
b) They probably voted with no real or flawed reasoning

I'm especially looking at Kupo and Afropony

Kupo voted saying "Girl Powah" or something along those lines
Afro voted with the reasoning that "based on past experiences I'm going to go with no-lynch"

Those 2 in particular I believe were just jumping on the band-wagon to get the no-lynch rather than starting a new vote for a townie.

Who knows, Toshi could be Mafia and that's why they didn't jump on the bandwagon to get him lynched so they opted for the safer no-lynch option which also gives them a crushing victory intelligence-wise.
But town didn’t really act on it. It looked like town was systematically working towards eliminating mafia by looking at the day 1 no lynchers, and they were getting there. But then I LAG decided to throw a spanner in with a vote on Toshi and Summoner hopped on as well.

Thanks to everyone abandoning their previous logic, moose felt he had to claim. Knowing moose’s abilities, it’s hard to say whether the better thing would have been to continue to defend and scrutinise the situation. Even if Toshi was forced to claim, he had Moose and a Town doctor to protect him. I think Moose made the right decision in claiming, but entirely the wrong one with his vigilante kill. Even if he made the terms of his lie about his ability very clear, it would still have been much more in his interest to kill somebody else.
The BIG mistake in Moose’s claim was claiming to be independent. Independent’s don’t contribute to town’s win condition, so it’s basically inviting a lynch against him, and I don’t blame town for going the way it did. And being inconsistent with his role claim. A common lynch policy is ‘Lynch all Liars’. You’re town, you have no reason to lie unless you’re the Doc/Prince/Princess, and even then it’s better to just infer that you have a power role and leave it at that.

Moose presented town with a very clear situation. He would kill the first person on the lynch wagon. No Mafia member would have let himself come into that situation, and by that logic, Muzga has to be town. Even if Moose had to fess up about his multiple lies, the prevention of the lynch on Toshi, and now Toshi’s flip would have cleared him one way or another.

Unreon provided clear proof that Moose couldn’t have been lying too. Pointing out that his name claim was almost suicidal if it was a lie. Despite this, town managed to stay tunnel visioned on the Moose/Toshi dilemma, and for some reason decided that it was all they could focus on. It ended up being town’s undoing. When Pete replaced in, it was one of the first things he agreed on, and still Town managed to push for the Moose lynch.

Afropony was playing very smart. Actively defending himself and offering his own insight in exchange without pushing too hard. Sieg did a decent job of it too, throwing accusations around without bringing much attention to himself. On the other hand I would have been on Leisha’s case all day. A lot of her wording was weak and non-committed, and she only really parroted and voted with others than on her own.

I was so so so happy when the Leisha wagon started, ignoring the fact that nobody seemed to want to question it or provide input, and that it was started based on ‘gut’.

Now I want to take some time to heap praise onto I LAG. Town is dumb for not listening to him. He was playing smarter than all of you, and wanted to help town to win so badly it wasn’t funny. Not funny because even on MSN he was hounding me for as much knowledge as he could get. I loved all of his posts, but it was a shame that he couldn’t contribute in such a way as to make other people take him seriously. He had very odd ways of clearing people as well (making them swear to give up mains, etc), and those really hurt his credibility, but in any game I play in the future with him, I’ll be taking his word pretty seriously, because a lot of his suspicions were deadly accurate, especially having Sieg as his number 1 lynch target.

Night 2:
Night 2 was amazing to say the least. 3 people dead, and all thanks mostly to Luke and his strategy which ended up backfiring. His plan as far as I could tell was to direct killing roles off of Toshi and onto Sieg. The flaw with this plan was that of course mafia wasn’t going to target Toshi, instead targeting someone who probably wasn’t going to be protected – Mafia targeting Luke. The flaw reared its ugly head when the serial killer targeted Sieg, and that kill was directed to Toshi, whilst Moose’s protection on Toshi got directed to Sieg instead, and the doc protected Moose.

The other epic ploy was Summoner’s plan to direct Cop to investigate Vlade so he could be framed. This was a big no-no. Anybody who tries to direct power roles should be called out as scum, but Town, tunnel visioned as it was (barring players like undead_moose and arrow) failed to question his motives and went with the plan. SEEMINGLY anyway, Vlade went relaxed, but neither the cop nor doc decided to visit him, making the frame ploy a failure (But one they thought succeeded).

Toshi dies, Luke dies, and Muzga, by way of moose’s vigilante shot dies which brings me to another point. It is disheartening to say, but, Arrow and Moose both came to the same conclusion without knowing it – They each had to lie to make the town believe them, because it wasn’t enough that their arguments and deductions were sound. This wasn’t a good idea, even if it was necessary in their minds. Lynch all Liars. Especially the inconsistency in Moose’s claim earlier on, I felt could seriously be pressed back against him.

Night 3:

Two hidden abilities activated by the end of the night. The first was the census of roles given out at the start of the day, which Sieg had no control over and was designed to prevent a lylo situation being too easily won and basically injecting a ton of Wifom into the game.

The second was Afropony’s Serial Killer hidden ability, which granted him an executioner kill during day 4 and granted him unlynchable status for Day 4.
Also during this time, some players (Arrow and Moose mostly) decided to vent their frustrations in the vent thread and others started talking about their roles etc. THIS IS NOT OKAY. DO NOT DO THIS OR I WILL INFRACT YOU. I AM DEADLY SERIOUS ABOUT THAT. Doing this allows people to metagame based on what you said outside the game thread. It’s also not information everybody will necessarily look at either. It allows people to say “Well arrow seemed upset by Town’s actions out of the thread, so he must be Town!”. THIS IS NOT OKAY. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN. EVER. ALL PERCEPTIONS OF PEOPLE’S OPINIONS OF THE GAME NEED TO BE IN THE THREAD. FFS.

Day 4:

Things would be interesting. The game now sits at 5 Town, 2 Independent and 3 Mafia.
Here again are the roles confirmed in the game at this point:

1x Cop
1x Flavour Townie
1x Framer
1x Godfather
1x Hero
1x Hider
1x Jack of all Trades
1x Paranoid Gun Owner
1x Serial Killer
1x Tracker

I would have had Godfather (Sieg) claim Hero, and then it would be up to mafia to work together to push a lynch on Arrow who would be the counter claim. Of course Summoner’s claim of Tracker is a good one since only the Serial Killer would try to counter claim it. Mafia could then either try to Bus Leisha or have Leisha counter claim one of the other roles.

It’s hard for me to say whether having this ticking time bomb in Sieg’s role is fair or not. Of course it was designed to counter Mafia and make it hard for them. It’s to help Town prevent itself from self destructing easily.

Best case scenario for Mafia would be:

Day 1: Lynch Hero with last vote being a non-killing role – 2 dead
Night 1: Mafia Night Kill a non-killing role, Vigilante Kill, Serial Killer kill, Troll Serial Killer – 5 Dead
Day 2: Lynch Vigilante, Serial Killer Execution – 7 Dead
Night 2: Mafia Night Kill, Serial Killer Kill – 9 Dead
Day 3: Lynch Prince – 10 Dead – Mafia Endgame win

As you can see, a lot of it swung with the Mafia/SK kills, but amazingly, twice in a row, Serial Killer chose the same target as the Mafia. Neither the Mafia or the Serial Killer were smart with the choices, except for the Melancholy kill Night 1 (though Serial Killer should’ve chosen someone else, like moose or Arrow).

ANYWAY, by this point Moose had all the Mafia pegged. But was still forced to make bargains with the town to make his point. He tried to point out that a tracker was killed at the start of the game and tried to use that logic to prove that Summoner was lying. Good thing the census came through which proved his role claim. Ted’s role was meant to be an assassin, but I forgot and made him tracker instead, and couldn’t change it after starting the game, since it would hint to a tracker in the game.

What Mafia was doing wrong was trying to coast (except Summoner). It was all catching up to them now like I thought it would. A lot of Moose’s claims were based on activity amongst other things in his mind, and they were good indications too. But, then Moose’s seemingly godlike deductions went astray when he thought Lord Bowser was SK and Afropony was the Cop, when in fact it was the other way around.

Mafia needed to work together to start a bandwagon that people would see the reason in joining, but instead Summoner was left on his own to take the bait from Moose without any support.

A short coming in Moose’s play this day was also that he wasn’t willing to play Town’s game, or even give their responses the right attention. Instead of dismantling each and every post they made, he decided to sweep them all off the table, which is more of a mafia tactic than a town tactic. It was like a reverse appeal to emotion – Telling town its dumb for not following his logic. Same applied to Arrow as well. Each of them should have told the truth from the beginning, played consistently, and most importantly, stuck to their guns and not let the town tell them they were wrong.
AFROPONY, I was thinking by the second vote count. If I was him, I would have tried to make the town think he was permanently unlynchable with his ability, voted LeishaChu and executed her (which he did end up doing). For some reason he was extremely inactive, which I felt was the reason his hand was forced. What he really shouldn’t have done was tell people about his execute ability. He could have waited til someone was on two votes then voted and executed them and nobody would have known. Basically, I think Afropony did well, but he was way too inactive to be very effective.

Summoner was playing the better game for Anti-Town (as well as Toshi/I LAG). At this point he had to expect somebody to be hounding him (moose, who was tunnel visioned as all hell, but he was correct), and he should have tried to continually pick the flaws in Moose’s reasoning, baited his appeals to emotion and attacked that.

Day 5:

This is a quick day which is a good thing. The town has a set plan and it should be obvious what needs to be done. Cop flip hurts town, meaning that it has to work hard a bit harder for its win, but it’s not looking too bad with a confirmed course of action and one mafia dead.

Day 6:

Moose finally dies. In most situations, I wouldn’t have lynched him, but I think Mafia was gambling on the fact that town was tired of Moose’s constant AtE’s and wouldn’t look into it much and the fact that Town wasn’t really actively trying to make the right connections and scum hunt that way, instead of relying on whom they believed to be ‘clear’ when in actuality, I’d have been suspicious of at least the hider since I would have assumed there to be at least 3 mafia. Particularly, I’m referring to Pete’s earlier analysis, to which Moose couldn’t but respond ‘Oh wow gg town’ (which is why I edited based on policy – can’t have dead players giving opinions on present day events), and rightly so.

Something amazing happened on Day 6. Toshi’s gambit to oust the remaining mafia made something click in Mafia’s heads and they did exactly what I would have done on day 4, that is, counter-claim Arrow. More importantly though, I realised what could (and did) happen. That is, a situation where Sieg could cast the hammer vote, and still survive. The only thing was whether his 1-shot bulletproof had been used or not. Summoner’s play from then on was brilliant. He debated both Toshi and Arrow point by point and refused to back down.

When Sieg agreed to the gambit, and neither Arrow, nor Toshi questioned it, Mafia had won. The Hero ability activated, but of course, Sieg was saved by his 1-shot bulletproof ability.

The only thing left to decide at that point was whether Toshi/I_LAG would survive, and he did, by hiding behind Summoner.[/collapse]

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
i dont think i was that inactive vyse, i just didnt want to post much to blow my cover :X

also since i went to sydney at somepoint, i was slightly busy at times.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh lawl, I just realized the date that was posted, god im slow haha.

I keep thinking its November still =X
Well there's two choices really, Lynching today could take out a mafia, but we also have the chance of loosing a townie thus putting the mafia into the lead. But people did point out that we still have a while to examine everyone's behavior.

If we don't lynch then a townie will be killed, but will be at a lower loss considering no-one was taken, higher chance of it being townie.

For my choice, i don't really know what I want yet. I'd prefer no lynch but that's just my opinion.

So what should we do about this current situation?
Sorry for the doublepost, but i know we're not allowed to edit posts

meant to say

If we don't lynch then a townie will be killed, but will be at a lower loss considering no-one was taken, higher chance of it being townie if we did lynch.

Sounds like it makes a bit more scene now.
Wouldn't see why you'd want to lynch me the second I start contributing O_o but that's your choice. Still thinking No lynch is a better idea, but once more people start to contribute then it should have better results from there
Well since its what i wanted before, Im going to go with

Vote: No Lynch
I agree, I haven't really seem around much. But I don't think he could be anything harmful. But people could protest my statement and say his mafia for being less active.

I cant really tell who is acting strange or not =(. sucks we lost Melancholy though, lets hope the next person we decide to lynch tonight is mafia.

The only person i really would lynch for if i had a choice right now would be ilag for randomly voting me out of the blue.

But yes about the serial killer, we really cant tell whether there is one yet, im pretty sure they have an option whether they want to lynch at nighttime or not.
The situation here gets very confusing because anyone can really claim to be anything. =S
So really nothing can be proved tonight unless we choose an important lynch. I would like to hear more feedback from everyone else before i start choosing my vote because I feel that others are needed at this point to contribute into the disscussion, insted of lurking away and vote hoping at whoevers getting the most votes, thus avoiding discussion. Thats just my opinion for now.
I believe that Moose is probably bluffing, and they seem to be ganging up on summoner. I'm sorry but I think that they are mafia working together. =/

Vote: Undead_Moose
Okay finally had the chance to post, and I need to clarify a couple of things. I havent really being lurking, ive just been busys in sydney. Also never joined a lynch bandwagon of any sort, I didnt choose to lynch becuase Nix did it, i had my own personal reasons. Remember, anyone can claim to be anything. Although i will most likely change my vote later on if its nessisary.

As for now, im just going to keep a watchout
I agree aswell, this is sorta starting to drag too long
lawl i have the worst patience ever xD thats why i suckzor in brawl =)

But yes, i would like this game to finally get a move on
Yeah I think everyone is having trouble on who they decide to lynch, which is fair enough.
oh gosh... ;___; i got zangoose *****.

Well since this has happened, we're kinda at a disadvantage now.. For now, I'm trying to think of who would be worthwhile to lynch. I've decided to change my mind, but only have till wednesday to finalise a vote.
I really hope all of this will be worth it... =< Looks like today is finally the deadline.

Does anyone actually know how many mafia are in this game? I'm guessing around 3-5.
Hmmm, Since i said i would change my vote before, and cant decide who i want to lynch now. Ima stick with no lynch and let everyone else decide.

Vote: No Lynch
Remember if you're doing that you have to put "Vote: No Lynch" in capitals, or else your vote will remain what you previously voted
Was just a friendly reminder,

Anyways for now, we should analyze Day 3 events very carefully to make sure we can track down some mafia, hopefully for whoever gets lynched today will hopefully be mafia so we can get an advantage.
Lawl, just because i changed my vote doesn't mean anything toshi. I just simply chose not to lynch tonight, but suit yourself. Keep in mind I did mention i was changing my vote, I just couldn't decide who and went no lynch.

Well since we only have till tonight, I hope no one useful is taken out. We got put to a disadvantage after Nix was modkilled, which will drop our numbers by 3 on the next day if a townie is taken out today. =(
Well originally I was supposed to pick unvoted (not voting), looks like my little mistake has made you all think the wrong thing =(, Considering I thought No Lynch was the only option to choose for an undecided vote.

Anyway for the main reason, may i know why i'm getting bandwagoned upon? =s
Well, hes just been a load of lies to me imo,

Changing my vote back to what it originally was

Unote: No Lynch
Vote: undead_moose

Reason, because of what i said in the first sentence + for the random bandwagoning of me. They also failed to give me a good reason of why to lynch me. It does seem a bit sus that coincidentally him, Arrow and toshi would all gang up on me... (all working together and decide in such a quick ammount of time) Theres some mafia potential in there.
You and Moose both voted for no lynch aswell back then, so you have every right to be a suspect too.
Okay, now i finally have some spare time to post here xD sorry for the inactivity.

Anyways, I'm Jei in this game, and would not like to roleclaim right now.. Considering there's a serial killer still lingering around.
Sorry Leisha, but every time I read your posts (which IMO came infrequently), all I see is you practicing the difficult art of saying a lot of nothing (which I applaud).

The quality of a player's posts should reflect how frequently they post. That is, how much they address, analyse and question in each post. In a lot of your posts, you said things like "I'm going to keep my eye out for scum!" or "I don't know how I feel" or you repeated a lot of common theories going around, or you summarised things or you asked for other people to do the work for you by asking for their opinions. That's how I looked at it. Please don't hate me :)

Also, if you guys are wondering how I managed to get all of Leisha's posts like this, you should learn how to use the search thread function :p

undead_moose

Smash Lord
I just read rocky mafia: The novel

I pretty much agree with everything anthony said

even the stuff about me he was right how dare i trust humanity after proving again and again i was right

Also i had to lie

So town would get off my back

Not my fault muzga was hur dur about it which instantly made me think he was town

Hence the "I hope you aren't a good role"

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, what was behind the idea of Toshi controlling Moose's votes? I mean, you didn't even carry it the whole day. Moose broke it like 4 hours after he implied it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lawl. I was thinking how you did that, then again i guess i was just too paranoid to post because of being mafia and all. But oh wells.
This is a good thing though.
Mafia should be absolutely petrified to post.

One little slip and you're gone. I don't blame you, I really don't.
Sometimes I can spend a whole hour typing up a post, and then deleting it all when playing Mafia, lol.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I assumed it was some attempt to gather trust among the townies or something, I seriously thought i was dead meat that night after moose arrow and toshi all went for me.

And, I cant really remember, but i might have actually told conor about it, (assuming he wasn't in the game) so maybe that was linked or something. Or they just decided to gang me lols

I guess next time i play, ill make sure not to discuss it with anyone until its finished.

@Vyse, yeah i was like that aswell, xD i would type something then go ..... nah... (doesn't contribute for the time being) but i dragged it on a lil bit too much

Melancholy

Smash Ace
Aw man I can't believe everyone wanted me dead first night :(

Nice write up Vyse, and thanks for the advice. You should host more games here.

/in for SQUAT mafia

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Not hard when the collective IQ of town was 20
Yeah your IQ really dragged down that average

I used all of my abillites

i wasnt sure of you untill after i killed muzga to prove my point

and yet town still didnt listen?

Also i want to know how toshi died when i protected him every night he was alive until that 3 town idiot fest
I just read rocky mafia: The novel

I pretty much agree with everything anthony said

even the stuff about me he was right how dare i trust humanity after proving again and again i was right

Also i had to lie

So town would get off my back

Not my fault muzga was hur dur about it which instantly made me think he was town

Hence the "I hope you aren't a good role"
So after reading these 2 posts you thought Muzga was town but decided to kill him anyway purely because he disagrees with you. Where is the logic in that?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Cool off you guys. Game's over.

All the decisions you guys made throughout the game were based on what you thought were the best courses of action. And you all made bad decisions because Town lost.

Reverse Appeal to Emotion No Jutsu is useless during and after the game.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Props to Vyse for hosting Mafia. I can't imagine how much time and effort you put into this.

Thank you =)

Sieg

Smash Champion
I didn't make mistakes.

BUT WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN SK.

I WOULD HAVE LOVED MY ROLE SO ****ING MUCH.

Also Afropony. I'm sorry. You can blame Luke for making you all lose the game. If I didn't have that one shot protection we would have lost.

HAR HAR HAR HAR.

Top Bottom