• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky 2009 - Hyper coverage on sale March 31

Who will win Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm at work and I'm not over this tournament! Why did it have to enddddddddddd........

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I just ignored half of my lecture this morning to read what I missed last night.
lmao. This tournament is gonna make me fail Uni and I didn't even go to it ;)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I got alot of reading to catch up on xD.

Congratulations to Corpse, Emily, Dekar, Kaz, Luke and Ted for becoming winners in their categories =)

I'm debating on whether to do shout-outs or not. lawl soo many people xD

Jupz

Smash Master
At the perth national we should have east vs west crews.

Even though we'd get ***** because you have more good people over there then we do over here.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Was good sheet guys, nice to see so many familiar faces.
Sorry I didn't stay around or play friendlies much with anyone, and sorry for failing so miserably with Ike in Pools (couldn't get through, lolz).
I guess I'll just use Toon Link like I was planning to instead of going low tier... Oh well.

Anywho - I'll give shout outs later.

Thanks to Cao for hosting this entire fiasco, was really fun.
And thanks for the finals games, intense as intense can be. <3
I sort of lost my rhythm in our first set of the GF, and that friggin' turnip combo was so lame.
Ahh well.
Hot.
Wub Cao Wub. <3

Wub Sam, wub Tom, Wub everyone else, ksexkgo.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i would call it fairly close to ****. he only lost two matches and was 6-1 against second place. not too shabby with toon link if you ask me :p
lol jupz, you havent seen anything so you cant say.....there were times i was ahead and just choked/ sd'ed. next time i will actually take a look at the matchup

EDIT: kas, i didnt say congratz to you in person. so yeah congratz on beating caos, its not easy.

Lycan_Rawr

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tournament everyone! I had a ton of fun, looks like I'm going to have to start regularly attending Melbourne tournies from now on <3, +1 to Lucario players (with wuff caps) :3

Muzga

Smash Ace
lol jupz, you havent seen anything so you cant say.....there were times i was ahead and just choked/ sd'ed. next time i will actually take a look at the matchup

EDIT: kas, i didnt say congratz to you in person. so yeah congratz on beating caos, its not easy.
YEAH! you tell him!
Never mind the fact that you were playing in the finals for a national scale tournament.
Any stupid mistakes, any failure to do your research, ANY mistake you make in that situation is no excuse. you lost!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
he is not making excuses for losing. he's better than that. he's stating logical reasons that led to his downfall. all of which affected the match.

we're not taking anything anyway for corpse. well done. he did a great job. but now the matchup will be analyzed, his playstyle will be reviewed, and, well, he may just fall into melbourne's sonic catagory.

tibs7

Smash Champion
exactly what attila said muzga you noob. no excuses jupz said it was **** before he'd seen the matches......
but yes corpse is pretty legit
attila wouldve given him a run for his money for sure

Dekar289

Smash Hero
you could argue that tibs lost because he didn't have enough tl experience
but you could then argue that corpse's toon link was so good that even without tibs having experience it didn't matter
then again you could argue that the reason corpse was able to win was because he knew that tibs didn't have tl experience and how he would react to tl stuff and this is how we was able to put together combos etc

imo corpse is amazing and such a rock for not buckling under the pressure of >50 people screaming support for tibs and cheering when tibs got a kill

perth people saying perth ***** east coast etc, just wait for corpe's post saying how the people he fought in melbourne were way better than anyone he has ever fought in perth

shoutoons soon zzz

Ant1

Smash Ace
U guys can have all the crew battles u want at reloaded 5 coz u got like 48 hours of gaming. However there wouldn't be a prize for crews.

I could give the first place team a wii dance mat lol

Splice

Smash Hero
The way you guys talk about stuff is probably why Tibs thought sam wouldn't be a threat.
It seems like some of you don't actually know what you are talking about a lotta the time.
Congrats for having one of the best players in the country but like, being tight about it isnt the best way to celebrate it, even if Tibs should've studied harder and played more consistently. Now is a time of happiness after a grand event and even the people who didn't win should feel good about it. Corpse always plays consistantly from what I've seen, and thats one of the reasons why he beat everybody and didn't drop a set and also always wins in Perth. Anyway, Tibs didn't even get *****, the matches were close (I didnt see their first set but the in the finals it was real close). The only person you should be annoying to at this point is Swordsaint :p

To Clarify, I still think Corpse is legit, and when everyone learns the MU, He will still be a challenge for many people. I have been thinking of using Toon Link and Diddy for quite a while now, but i think that I should pick up Toon Link until everyone knows what they are doing, even though I'll probably come last...

I'm putting off shoutouts until a thread is made for them coz there totally should be a thread for them.

tibs7

Smash Champion
splice is legit, beat corpse in a MM is that correct? alzi owes splice some money

Jupz

Smash Master
im sorry tibs everyone from perth just got too carried away last night with sam winning and all. i shoulda waited till the matches went up. but if you SDed, you SDed lol and thats the way the match went.

just prove us wrong at the next national

also lol at alzis 100 dollar bet

Muzga

Smash Ace
okay, fair call.
It just sounds to me like a lot of people are using their lack of matchup experience as justification for their losses. I may be misreading that, maybe its a mistake on my part because i misread and misunderstand the tone of some of your posts. If ive misunderstood anything that has been said, if ive jumped the gun and adressed things that werent actually said then i do apologise. I know it may seem like it but im not actually here to start ****, I just dont think that argument is legitimate if anyone is actually making it.

As for the claim that you guys got *****, yes, we cant say for sure because we havent seen the matches. We are making false assumption that we know may or may not be true, but you have to understand. Losing 2 games in a whole tournament seems pretty conclusive to me. I look forward to watching the recordings and seeing how you guys faired against samuel.

Im gonna stop being an arrogant prick now, anyone from perth who reads this, feel free to follow suit.

Hopefully that makes a little more sense to you guys:p

Splice

Smash Hero
ALMOST won lol.
Could have ;) I know the MU quite well already so I can only play better in general.
2 stocked him on Battlefield, Didnt ban Final Destination and got absolutely *****!
CP'd Brinstar and was losing by a tiny bit until the end, where i made a comeback and he was in high percents. Then I got Uaired. Some of the best games of the whole tourney, but, if Corpse was playing his best in those matches, I would think VIC is better. However VIC knows the GaW MU. BOY, this thing just goes round in circles LOL!

Was Alzi paying for MATCHES or SETS? If it was Matches he owes me some money.

BTW when the matches are uploaded, watch the Very final match. That was the closest Tibs came to not screwing up im pretty sure, and it was a tight game too. I think. Most of the time i was just screaming at random with J4, my bruddah!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
It just sounds to me like a lot of people are using their lack of matchup experience as justification for their losses.
perth doesnt have a good ice climber main, yeah? and you play mk, yeah?

i challenge you to an mm against my ice climbers, and watch the matchup ****.

matchup experience is crucial to any victory. as toby said, he beat dojo, cause dojo didnt know the matchup (even though the matchup ratios is **** in mks favor). mu exp is a very fair and reasonable reason for losing. but it wont hold up for long though.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Fook all of you, says I, SHAYA.

I took two stock off dojo,

Toby came in and lost a stock before taking dojos last one.

Toby and I shared that victory.

Anyway, all you guys suck. Especially you.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Ok, shout-out time:

Cao: - Of course you're first, you sexy beast. <3 Thanks a lot for hosting this entire event (for the third time thanks, haha), I'm sad that I didn't attend your earlier ones... But I'm glad I managed to make it to this one on such short notice as well. You were far less scary to play this time round than the last time I played you 2 years or so ago... phew. More smiles = <3. Wub wub all round from me. U r da bst. C:

Larry: - Thanks to you for housing me (and others). C: Saved me quite a bit of money and time finding places! And you're such a nice guy as well. :C Nice guys make me feel bad! </3 Thanks, though, and I'm listening to you play the guitar now, haha. Keep at it!

S.D: - To be honest I was really only afraid of you and Cao, and seriously, I was right. I HATE Ice Climbers and I wasn't confident enough to use Peach or Samus to be such a lame counterpicker. =/ Still, I'm glad I managed to beat you with Marthy, I'll try Fox next time, for sure. c: Though I know I'll stand no chance like that. Was good meeting you and playing against you. And my play-style LOOKS like I'm sandbagging, but it's just the way I play. Haha. c:

Dekar: - I think our games in singles made me underestimate you far too much in doubles. Jiggly is extremely gay in teams and next time I'll be sure to use Sheik or Jiggly in turn instead of ****-able Fox. Nonetheless, good games with you and yes, I do suck at Smash. <3 Hugs <3.

Emily: - You were definately someone to be afraid of as well but you seriously need to stop SDING! It makes matches so... UN satisfying if you win or lose from SDing... Ugh! But anyway, you're also very friendly and nice, stop being so nice. You Victorians need to trash talk more, like Dekar, it makes it more relaxed. d: For me anyway. <3 Good to see and play some games with you, though. No friendlies, though? :C Makes me sad!

=-=-=-=

I'll do the rest later, but to everyone I played and saw and talked to, good games and I hope you learned something and had a great time! C:

ComboTurtle, Shaya, Jei, Tibs, Bjay, Meteor, Zero, Unreon, Redact, Tak, Gords, X... Sorry if I forgot anyone else I talked to/played games with, I still wub you, too!

=-=-=-=

And the last match for me and Cao was ridiculous, I had no idea what happened but my hands started to die and I began to crack under pressure so I seriously had to just dash-dance and grab my entire way through the last 2 stock. Hahahahaha, ahhh... Was so epic. Wub Cao so much. <3

And for some random trivia, Azen is the one that got me into Smash and my sort of Smash idol, so I'm flattered to be though of as Azen-like in any way. =]

You're all legit.

Edit:

Oh, yeah, and Queenslanders, you know how I feel about all of you. C:
Good sheet to Ryan, though. Thought you had it against Cao. Next time, aye? <3
And tough luck, Chris, I'm sure next time you'll beast your way through to grand finals next time!!

Edit 2:

I'm gonna have to MM some people next time as well, I forgot to 'completely'.
Was gonna MM Cao and Shaya and everyone in either Melee or Brawl.
Oh well.
Next time.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yes we do have a good IC's main here in Perth. Probably not as good as you though. Also yes I would like to apologise like muzga did.

Muzga

Smash Ace
perth doesnt have a good ice climber main, yeah? and you play mk, yeah?

i challenge you to an mm against my ice climbers, and watch the matchup ****.

matchup experience is crucial to any victory. as toby said, he beat dojo, cause dojo didnt know the matchup (even though the matchup ratios is **** in mks favor). mu exp is a very fair and reasonable reason for losing. but it wont hold up for long though.
Perth has 2 pretty decent Ice climbers mains
Despite that if youre coming to squat id be glad to make this happen, even if it is to prove your point. I love MMs:p

Im saying that if you didnt look into the character you were playing against, if you were completely in the dark as to toon links potential and you didnt make any effort to check up on that potential, well thats effectively digging your own grave f you know that theres someone who consistently places well who mains that character going to your tournament.
Not exploring toon link as a character just seems to me like youre not covering your bases. If this is wrong or this isnt what youre referring to, or you disagree thats fine. I dont want to sound like im being obnoxious or anything,

Also please dont hate me for this:p I plan on going to squat and i dont want a bad reputation before i go:p were all supposed to be friends here

Sirias

Smash Champion
Everyone upholds the forgive and forget policy. c:

Well... as long as it's not REALLY major.
Like some things that have happened.
Trash talking and that can be forgivven to an extent.

D0N

Smash Ace
Muzga if your goal is not to sound obnoxious, you should probly just keep your thoughts to yourself as whatever your posting lately isn't really helping. Researching and playing a match-up are not the same thing and to keep it short; you were not at Rocky and did not even see anything. No hate intended.

Ill do shoutouts if there's a thread for it, otherwise ill just cut it short to like 5 people. Over all I had fun (should have placed 3rd :ohwell:) and melbourne was nice to see. I did all my tourist shopping there too. Many thanks to S.D for offering the spare bed I never used. You melee players are so crazy lol. Thanks for all your hard work CAO, good TOs make the scene and I like your creative side events like dodgeball even though I couldnt make it to that.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Also please dont hate me for this:p I plan on going to squat and i dont want a bad reputation before i go:p were all supposed to be friends here
Don't worry about it.
People are amiable enough offline anyway.

*looks at Syke and Juggie*

Scrubs

Smash Lord
So.....

Brawl

1st. WA
2nd. VIC
3rd. QLD

Melee

1st. QLD
2nd. VIC
3rd. QLD

NSW fail... Big mouths...No Talent (doubles doesn't count)

GO KAS!

Knew you would win....

Corpse seems like the aussie armada to me...

kupo

Smash Lord
Start a shoutout thread. KGO! Someone start one! I'm doing a wall of text and I'd love to read other people's shout outs!

Thread go!

Ant1

Smash Ace
Shameless plug.
At last reloaded they had laser skirmish, so i assume they would have laser skirmish again. It costs somewhere around $10+ though. Im not really sure about the cost. But laser skirmish teams could be fun.

Alzi

Smash Master
You are not a good ice climber main unless you know how to infinite and chain grab probally otherwise you are still learning how to do the grabs.

You are not a good toon link main unless you are corpse or you know the basics and the setups with the projectiles ;).

I don't anyone money. I said if anyone beats sam in a tourney set then i will give them $100. To my knowledge no one beat him in a tourney set or knocked him out to the loosers he was in the winners all the time and won the whole event. I don't go betting around money unless i know my stuff ;) lol.

Splice thanks for telling me some vids are uploaded i am going to go watch some. I don't think corpse was playing his best in those matches. He only does in tourey matches. Heck i don't even know he's probally sand bagging us all lol.

I might this tourney vs sam in a toon link ditto and get the match uploaded just so you guys can see some projectile rain.

I'm guessing Shaya is uploading the vids. <3.

Oh i have another betting thing. If anyone beats ant in a ganondorf ditto in a tourney set i will give them $500.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Start a shoutout thread. KGO! Someone start one! I'm doing a wall of text and I'd love to read other people's shout outs!

Thread go!
Cao probably wants to make a hardout results thread.

Somebody should make a shoutout thread though.

Jupz

Smash Master
<3 Shaya for capturing matches, and <3 cao for organising. Seriously you guys are too great.

Can't wait for the next national!

alzi dont make that 500 dollar bet. somebody could beat him and that is a lot of money. corpse might be able to beat him in ganon dittos.

Top Bottom