• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee 3 | Video Thread - BEST GFS EVER?! MATCHES UP.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
oh boy......what dramatics in the past few pages.

vids are a privilege youngsters remember that. When I started there was only a few ppl in the whole community that uploaded. They gave no dates. some of them barely posted. **** I remember seeing a few FC6 update vids and being happy.

oh well I like the game too much to be concerned about the likes of all of the tourney fixings. perhaps some of us should reminisce a bit and re-capture some of that appreciation for the game and its competitive nature and not rave about how hype someone can make a MM or about how cool we can look on video. How about save some cans and some money and plan a trip to see a tourney live. Its way better than seeing a vid with a bunch of ppl yelling.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
oh boy......what dramatics in the past few pages.

vids are a privilege youngsters remember that. When I started there was only a few ppl in the whole community that uploaded. They gave no dates. some of them barely posted. **** I remember seeing a few FC6 update vids and being happy.

oh well I like the game too much to be concerned about the likes of all of the tourney fixings. perhaps some of us should reminisce a bit and re-capture some of that appreciation for the game and its competitive nature and not rave about how hype someone can make a MM or about how cool we can look on video. How about save some cans and some money and plan a trip to see a tourney live. Its way better than seeing a vid with a bunch of ppl yelling.
STFU dude! Those idiots shouldn't record videos if they don't intend on uploading them in a timely manner.

And yes this is directed at you Prog. Quit being an ***, if you don't have time to upload vids then you should have let waffles or Sleepy K record them instead, had you done that everyone would have seen the videos that you were to upload already.

Edit: I just read Prog's post on the other thread, I kind of feel like a jerk for saying all this, but at least now we'll have someone who is not prog uploading videos so we should be able to see them faster now.

strawhats

Smash Master
STFU dude! Those idiots shouldn't record videos if they don't intend on uploading them in a timely manner.

And yes this is directed at you Prog. Quit being an ***, if you don't have time to upload vids then you should have let waffles or Sleepy K record them instead, had you done that everyone would have seen the videos that you were to upload already.
wow...way to make enemies man.

what an *******.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration

Edit: I just read Prog's post on the other thread, I kind of feel like a jerk for saying all this, but at least now we'll have someone who is not prog uploading videos so we should be able to see them faster now.
once again dude

if you honestly want matches that badly, go to the event. not having money isn't a legitimate john. i've been going straight into debt to record at tournaments and not even enter.

bad life decisions? sure, whatever. it's a video game and i'm only doing it because i love the game and the community. Having a parasitic attitude like yours tends to make my decisions seem less worth it.

If all of the major recorders dropped the mantle, would you be there stepping your game up or would you be on the boards, complaining that we should have stuck around for "the community?"

I guess so, unless SleepyK finds his dvd thing.

that should be it unless i can somehow locate my dvd spindle. Mariabattleaxe says she can't find in her van or at her house, so that means i either left it at cam702's dorm or it's somewhere in my car or my room, despite my tearing those places apart.

i still have 1000 friendlies to go through and eventually upload.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

STFU dude! You idiots shouldn't ask for videos when you didn't do jack **** for the community.

And yes, this is directed at you Merkuri. Quit being a mother****ing worthless piece of ****. If you don't have the decency to let someone take their time with uploading videos from a tournament for you for free at their own expense, go diaf, had you done that, maybe the Melee community would still have one of it's most awesome members around.

Edit: I don't feel at all like a jerk for saying this. Dealing with videos is not fun or rewarding at all, it's a miracle IMO that anyone does it at all. It's a thankless job that costs you ******** amounts of time and a significant chunk of change, yet all you ever get back is people *****ing about how you don't get **** up quickly enough.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion

the thing is, there is no 'should and shouldn't because you don't decide what's wrong and right here, there is no official ruling, it's all a matter of choice to do all of this.

I could easily say 'STFU dude! Those idiots shouldn't cry and complain about videos if they didn't go to the tournament themselves!' How is your complaining any more justifiable than mine? cause you're whining like a *****?

i'd like to repeat prog.."What the **** have you done? "

You're judging and making decisions on whats right and wrong, when you've made nothing for this community in comparison to prog....lmao.

otg

Smash Master
Heh, I saw this post, and it didn't really irk me. But, I've had a rough week and if a punching bag is just swinging from the ceiling...

I didn't record anything at RoM3. The videos I had (and that weren't salvagable) were given to me by Waffles because the players/people watching his setup didn't stop the recording, so he didn't want to split up those files, I volunteered. My recording setup was used by SleepyK, I spent my time with the stream on day 1, trying to figure out an alternate stream after Alex Strife passed out (and if you knew what he went through, you would forgive him), and sitting down for 10 hours straight doing play by play on day 2, moving only once to commentate on a set. Shoutout to Codi for doing play by play while I was on the mic that lone set. The fickle mindset of so many players got under my skin.

I'm not going to defend myself from the claims of incompetence. I've done what I can when I've had time to do it. The hype videos were done as favors to friends, I told Alukard I was going to aim for one hype video a month. The uploads were done as a thanks to the community, a bigger thanks to the hub that let me know that people actually cared about this stuff and would spend so much time dissecting it. Call me incompetent, go ahead, but its people like you that ended this journey for me.

I still haven't made my RoM 3 shoutouts post yet, but I'll get this off my chest. You know when everything kinda died for me with Melee? I had the day off, wanted to get some games in with my crew, so I posted in our thread. No less than 15 minutes later, I received a text from someone, an area code I didn't know, a person I didn't know, telling me to "do better prog, you still have videos to upload." Yes, I had videos to upload from a No Johns. However, it was my day off, I was (at that point) still a fan and wanted to get some games in, just to be harassed by someone.

When I first started my channel, I was uploading friendlies to get advice. Later on after guys like Scar, Mogwai, Pakman stopped uploading EC tournaments, I stepped in, just to try and fill the void that those guys left. I did what I could with the ****ty computer I had, invested my own money in a recording setup (thanks for your contribution for that, by the way), etc., took my days off to go to the library to upload because everyone knows that I'm on DSL. I put my tournament winnings...oh wait, what tournament winnings, I did it out of my own check, for a community that I still adore. I did what I could with the resources and time I had, but I have a semblance of a life to manage.

Question my competence, but don't you ever question my dedication. I told people RoM3 was my last tournament, and instead of playing one more time against everyone, I ended up hearing a complaint about the lack of stream from someone texting PB&J. You already know what happened, you were probably in the stream complaining about the lack of video. Or you were one of the ones who was bitter that we didn't have internet in the first place at the venue, so when we had lag because our only option was PB&J's phone, you whined and *****ed and moaned about it.

I'm going to thank all of the players that provide the matches that we watch in awe. All of the uploaders who spend the time afterwards editing the sets and putting it on youtube. I'm going to thank the tournament organizers who set up these spectacles. I'm going to thank Nintendo for giving us something that we're still entranced with after this long. Thanks to the community that keeps this all alive, from the person who is just learning what a wavedash is to some spanish guy in California that's probably thinking of White Castle right now. I'm pretty sure you haven't thought of any of them besides yourself.

So, this is all owed to you. I give you the keys to your kingdom, I expect to see you uploading footage soon, I expect you to continue a thankless job, and I expect you to do everything to ease the whims of a single individual at any given time, because, we all know, Melee videos are the most important thing ever. Here is your throne, your crown, your grassy plains, everything you see. It's all yours, I've done my part. What the **** have you done?

Reading this post made me really upset. Prog is such a kind hearted man who sacrificed so much of his own time and money just to help out this dying and ungrateful community. It kills me to see someone I know so well this upset, especially since prog is easily one of the kindest, coolest, most genuine people I know in NY (and that is saying a lot, our scene is full of too many douchebags).

I hope you're able to recollect yourself, and your time away from the scene will make you stronger. But don't forget prog, you're always TFS and just like Mogwai said, I hope you'll find time to play at your spot, or at least come out to my house if I'm hosting for a ******** fest. You're always welcome, and smokehouse misses you.

one love.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Merkuri is lost without a paddle, floating ****'s creek.

We appreciate all of your efforts prog, as well as those of all whom take the time to upload vids.

Scar

#HarveyDent
this dying and ungrateful community
shut the **** up otg don't be emo you're better than that

prog ***** prog don't worry 'bout them fools

but to anyone who didn't already know, being a TO is a thankless job. uploading videos is a thankless job. all volunteer work equates to being a thankless job. don't do it if you don't enjoy it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Well, SleepyK, you're the ****, and pretty much one of a kind lol

And we appreciate everything you've done for the melee community.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've only ever uploaded pictures of a certain someone for macd, so i guess that works out

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I just want to jump in here to say much thanks and support to video recorders/uploaders and tournament organizers.

Support to prog, sorry that we didn't get to hang out more man. You are a cool guy.

Anyone who complains about completely voluntary and uncompensated work, and does not do one thing to help out, has no grounds to complain and is just being a selfish, spoiled brat. An ungrateful parasite that feeds off other people's work and dedication.

unknown522

Some guy

go **** yourself dawg!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Guys, chill out with the flaming.

I do wanna say though that tournament vids exist due to the kindness of people and I'm grateful that uploaders do take it upon themselves to record.

Hope you change your mind sometime prog. Hopefully you come down to chill at least, EC will miss you bro <3.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I am and never was VMB. I curse Kyu_Puff and Macman for slandering my name.

I would respond to Prog's post but since he's quitting I don't see the point. Is gone and done with I guess. Sorry for offending some people but it had to be said.

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
No, nothing you have posted in this thread had to be said. None of your posts that I have seen have been constructive in any way. In fact, everything would be infinitely better if you never existed in the first place.

PB&J

Smash Hero
we should have like prizes for uploaders @ pound 5 or something..they **** for uploading..i literally watch like 90 percent of everybody's vids lately

uploaders for president

prog for president

Top Bottom