• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 5

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad they no longer poison you, but rather do minor damage and that's all there is to it.
They used to poison you? Must have been before RE4 then.

No, there are no Treasures you can combine. Another thing to keep in mind for the rarer ammunition (like Magnum ammo) is that when you upgrade the capacity for that weapon type, you get an entire clip of ammo free...useful if you want to use them often.
Alright thanks for the tip, I just sold all my treasures and upgraded alot of my weapons! :D

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
What would you guys say are the most effective ways to combine weapons? Like, if you could pick any two weapons (fully upgraded, but not necesarily infinite except for the Bow and Gattlinggun), which two would you pick? Speaking of which, the Bow (which would cover me for fighting bosses and distant/small number of Majini) and the Hydra (slaughters groups of enemys and stronger close ranged targets) are my weapons of choice, but only on the Proffesional difficulty. If it's not on that, then I use just the Bow, the armors, and I use the grenades and herbs for my partner when I need to. The Bow is borderline rigged, with the only thing truly better being the Magnums. (I finally beat Wesker using Tribal Sheva and got the Heart of Africa, but the first time, I needed a Magnum to do it. It's hard as heck beating him in that time limit, though).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What would you guys say are the most effective ways to combine weapons? Like, if you could pick any two weapons (fully upgraded, but not necesarily infinite except for the Bow and Gattlinggun), which two would you pick? Speaking of which, the Bow (which would cover me for fighting bosses and distant/small number of Majini) and the Hydra (slaughters groups of enemys and stronger close ranged targets) are my weapons of choice, but only on the Proffesional difficulty. If it's not on that, then I use just the Bow, the armors, and I use the grenades and herbs for my partner when I need to. The Bow is borderline rigged, with the only thing truly better being the Magnums. (I finally beat Wesker using Tribal Sheva and got the Heart of Africa, but the first time, I needed a Magnum to do it. It's hard as heck beating him in that time limit, though).
Use spoiler tags! :mad:

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I don't use infinite ammo uber weapons because it ruins the game. The guns I usually carry with me are the M92F, M3, and S75. Getting the Heart of Africa actually wasn't very difficult for me, I did it on my first time, without unlimited ammo.

On an unrelated note, I wish people online would understand that you don't need to carry 5 weapons around all the time! All you really need is 2, maybe 3 weapons. If I'm carrying a shotgun, you don't need to carry a shotgun. I swear, every time someone joins my game they fill their inventory with guns and ammo and never any healing items or grenades. Maybe if people could understand this there wouldn't be so much complaining about the inventory system.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I don't use infinite ammo uber weapons because it ruins the game. The guns I usually carry with me are the M92F, M3, and S75. Getting the Heart of Africa actually wasn't very difficult for me, I did it on my first time, without unlimited ammo.

On an unrelated note, I wish people online would understand that you don't need to carry 5 weapons around all the time! All you really need is 2, maybe 3 weapons. If I'm carrying a shotgun, you don't need to carry a shotgun. I swear, every time someone joins my game they fill their inventory with guns and ammo and never any healing items or grenades. Maybe if people could understand this there wouldn't be so much complaining about the inventory system.
I try to co-ordinate weapons with people, but they usually don't get it, and act dumb about it.... the only times where I've ever had a good partner sharing weapons the right way with me is when they are sitting right next to me, so we can talk about it. I hate it that the kids online don't try to think about the other at all. I always carry 2 weapons (either one of the Hand-Gun Series and Rifle Series, or one of the Machine Gun and ShotGun series), and I have 2 special slots reserved for ammo for said weapons. 3 other slots hold the healing items (more if I decide to use Sexy-Sheva, since I'll just use her special weapon and the twin armors), and then I leave 2-3 slots completely empty, to hold stuff. But no, everyone's scared now...

Fletch

Smash Master
With no infinite ammo, the answer is definitely the Hydra and a rifle of your choice, probably the PSG.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
And real intelligent men use the PSG-1 :-p.

Any news on DLC characters? Otherwise I'll maintain my distance from that game.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Also, does anyone have any tips for that last part where you have to rapidly press a button or die? I can do it with Chris (which is weird, since his has more prompts), but when you see one of the little views of Sheva trying to climb back up, she instantly falls off, and it's always at the same point in time. For the life of me, I can't do that part, and it's so unfair....

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Buy a turbo controller or practice by playing Mario Party games. Button bashing mini-games FTW!

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Besides the lack of origonality in the games, the Nintendo 64 level Graphics, and the fact that the features seem to worsen over time, the button-mashing games (that required the turbo controller to do) were what turned me off to Mario Party... does anyone have any specific ways of pushing the buttons to survive? Or is it straight up thumb on X button until your arm falls off? ;.;

majora_787

Smash Hero
This game looks amazing, I've seen a lot of stuff. They've improved on all but one of my favorite aspects of Re4: The INVENTORY. They could have done a lot better. But the real-time weapon switching almost makes up for it.

The scarier Chainsaw Majinis, the more violent Ndesu, the CO-OP ability, shooting people off motorcycles going at 60+ MpH...If only I had a 360.

But yeah, I also don't understand the racism thing. It's not racist to say Spain has potato sack-wearing chainsaw maniacs and showing an american brutally slaughter all of them in their own country, but when they do that with (MOSTLY) Black people in Africa, it's bad now? Seriously, people need to grow up. -_-

If anything, and I quote my favorite review of this game ever, "CAPCOM aren't racist or bad people, they're all just IDIOTS."

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If anything, and I quote my favorite review of this game ever, "CAPCOM aren't racist or bad people, they're all just IDIOTS."
Could you post a link?

I remember hearing that, but I don't know where, and I want to read the review that's from.

and D-mon - you have to get your hand to spasm. That usually works alright for me. (although I'm talking about general mashing - I haven't played RE5 yet)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
So, I have to litterally go into convulsions to beat a game with Tribal Sheva? So ********.

But here is the true issue. I can do the rapid button pressing in time to save Sheva from Wesker by giving her a boulder to cross over to the main arena. But apparently I can't do it with Sheva (although I have done it on Easy mode ;.; ). And again, it always fails me at the same point, even on the harder difficulties. I feel like it's a luck based thing.... ;.; The one time I did do it (again on Easy), I tried rapidly alternating between my left and right pointer fingers, but that still doesn't save me on the uper difficulties (which again, even on Easy, all stop at the same screen). How exactly do I get my arm to convulse, should I require to do so? And is there absolutely no other way for me to make it work? ;.;

And about the Racism, it's completely impossible for Resident Evil 5 to be prejudice against Black People. Wanna know how this is true? The one other Black Guy on the "Anti-Zombie" team ACTUALLY SURVIVES THE STORY! IN EVERY OTHER HORROR STORY, THE BLACK GUY ALWAYS DIES FIRST! HE IS ALWAYS THE FIRST DEAD! THIS IS ONE OF THE FEW TIMES WHERE THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN! IF ANYTHING, CAPCOM IS FIGHTING THE RACISM! EVEN IN HALO, THE SARGE DIES, BUT JOSH LIVES THROUGH RESIDENT EVIL! HALLEFRIGGINGLUYA!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
So, I have to litterally go into convulsions to beat a game with Tribal Sheva? So ********.

But here is the true issue. I can do the rapid button pressing in time to save Sheva from Wesker by giving her a boulder to cross over to the main arena. But apparently I can't do it with Sheva (although I have done it on Easy mode ;.; ). And again, it always fails me at the same point, even on the harder difficulties. I feel like it's a luck based thing.... ;.; The one time I did do it (again on Easy), I tried rapidly alternating between my left and right pointer fingers, but that still doesn't save me on the uper difficulties (which again, even on Easy, all stop at the same screen). How exactly do I get my arm to convulse, should I require to do so? And is there absolutely no other way for me to make it work? ;.;

I had the exact same problems when i played and beat it on medium. For some reason i felt like my arm was going to fall off every time i was sheva trying to get up that stupid cliff. Eventually i guess i just got lucky and it just worked for me on medium and veteran. Havent tried on professional yet though.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I had the exact same problems when i played and beat it on medium. For some reason i felt like my arm was going to fall off every time i was sheva trying to get up that stupid cliff. Eventually i guess i just got lucky and it just worked for me on medium and veteran. Havent tried on professional yet though.
By now you know why I didn't talk to you since this morning. How could I possibly pass up a chance to go out killing people with my Dad? That's family bonding!

I still wonder why Chris wouldn't push the rock over and then GO HELP HER! -.- Manners are dead.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, I got a link. I watch it now and then for amusement.

The Escapist: Zero Punctuation's Review of Resident Evil 5

All he has to say in general is that Re4 was the best so far, Re5 may have borrowed some scraps (That was all that was left in the idea box), Sheva's AI is ********, the inventory declined in quality and convenience, and Chris's arms are WAAAAAAAAY too thick. You can tell when you look at a picture with his arm and his head. XD

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got a link. I watch it now and then for amusement.

The Escapist: Zero Punctuation's Review of Resident Evil 5

All he has to say in general is that Re4 was the best so far, Re5 may have borrowed some scraps (That was all that was left in the idea box), Sheva's AI is ********, the inventory declined in quality and convenience, and Chris's arms are WAAAAAAAAY too thick. You can tell when you look at a picture with his arm and his head. XD

First of all, what the heck did he just say? I saw pictures, but the words went by way too fast...

Second of all, what's so bad about Chris' AI? He doesn't die as fast as when friends play, plus he's actually more accurate than me (except when it's Gattling Gun v Long Bow). I prefer using the Handgun instead of him, only because I try to be accurate, and with the Machine gun, it's too easy to pick it up, aim into a group of students, and fill the classroom with lea... wait.... wrong situation, none of you needs to pay attention to that.... moving on...

3rd, in a game with rocket launchers easily purchased, easy to farm ammo and jewels, and weapons that let you rip through Zombies, they had to block you some how, so they had to nerf being able to carry all 300 of your weapons with you (although you should have had a way to carry atleast Ammunition easier atleast), but it's not quite as bad as people say (except online when your partner is being an idiot).

And 4) why is everyone staring at Chris? Are they that bored with the game play that they'll spend more time staring at the guy (who could have been on steroids for all we know) than atleast the girl (who comes with a Tribal Bikini; I'm sure that helped the racial issue, despite Josh actually SURVIVING) or atleast the awesome sauce graphics (I CAN SEE THE BLOOD ON THE WALLS AND ANIMAL CARCASES! SWEET!).

I think people are just mad at this game because they are tired of hating on Terrorists or something...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yahtzee practically gets paid to troll people, I'd take his reviews with a grain of salt.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
That's what his name is? I checked the pictures and I think I understand something about Octopi in people's head (possibly Las Plagas), but otherwize, I really don't understand a single word he's saying. I just see pretty pictures, and occasional vomiting. (and the fact that Sheva's character lacks hair in the little pic of her...)

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
If you can hold you thumb in place and shake the controller you may get better results, if you haven't gotten past the get up portion yet.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
So, my 4 options for surviving with Sheva are:

Continue hammering at the x-button, cutting myself every time I fail,
Go into convulsions with my arm, somehow allowing my thumb to spaz out enough to survive,
Make the controller spaz out, while keeping my thumb still, hoping to hit it enough,
And, I heard somewhere about putting your two pointer fingers together, and alternate striking the x-button.

If these don't work, I'll just slit my throat and go buy a Turbo Controller. ;.;

Edit:I also just remembered.... I completely forgot how to kill a Reaper.... any advice, other than bug-spray?

Gangsta_inc

Smash Ace
NNID
Combo_Knight
So, my 4 options for surviving with Sheva are:

Continue hammering at the x-button, cutting myself every time I fail,
Go into convulsions with my arm, somehow allowing my thumb to spaz out enough to survive,
Make the controller spaz out, while keeping my thumb still, hoping to hit it enough,
And, I heard somewhere about putting your two pointer fingers together, and alternate striking the x-button.

If these don't work, I'll just slit my throat and go buy a Turbo Controller. ;.;

Edit:I also just remembered.... I completely forgot how to kill a Reaper.... any advice, other than bug-spray?

Wait for it to open up it's heart.

MAGNUM! OHKO guaruteed....

unless the game somehow becomes self aware and develops SUPER REAPERS.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I may have just realised why I fail at life at all multi-button pressing minigames. Can I ask you guys a question about how you do it? Do you do it with YOUR WHOLE THUMB!?! Or just WITH THE TIP!?! I played 4-1 on the higher difficulties, and I realised I had the same problem as with Wesker. My brother told me and had me use the tip of my thumb, and then I was fine. I'm about to try it again against Wesker and Sheva.

And Sad-Panda, I prefer playing with Sheva because not only is the Bow a kick-butt weapon, but Smexy Sheva in her African Bikini is quite awesomesauce. But seriously, I seem to be better at aiming from the right side than the left, and of course, it's just more fun playing as the girl than the guy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I just beat the game today. :)

In my opinion. RE4 was wayyyyy better than RE5...the CPU AI is really bad. (Sheva ignores my orders...)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I just beat the game today. :)

In my opinion. RE4 was wayyyyy better than RE5...the CPU AI is really bad. (Sheva ignores my orders...)
I actually have no problem with Sheva's AI. That seems to be the one thing that I differ from most people about that game. Sheva seems to work great for me.

But Resident Evil isn't an adventure more than a ... platformer... God this is hard to explain... um... Ninja Gaiden vs Ninja Gaiden 2. The first one was "better" because it wasn't a bunch of... stages. It was a straight up adventure (although the second destroys it in pretty much everything else). It was also longer, probably because of this. Resident Evil 4 and 5 are similar to this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It is possible for RE5 to be released on the Wii. (keyword "possible")

http://kotaku.com/5310505/hey-resident-evil-5-might-be-possible-on-wii-after-all

"Hypothetically speaking, the Resident Evil 4 engine would work perfectly for replicating the gameplay but we would never be able to recreate the graphical quality. A gun shooting game like Darkside Chronicles makes much more sense for Wii so, in short, Resident Evil 5 Wii Edition isn't likely to happen. Having said that, Cavia has surprised us with the quality of graphics in Darkside Chronicles, so it may actually be possible after all…"

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'll stick with the version with the superior graphics and online thank you very much.
Who wouldn't? This is coming from the same company who once said before that it wouldn't be able to get past the title screen. I would not rule out the possibility that RE5 would be ported over to the Wii using a modified RE4 engine. Capcom has a tendency to port over good games from the other consoles and then make them bad on the Wii. (Looks at Dead Rising on the Wii...)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Resident Evil 5 is being released on the PC on either the 14th or 18th of September this year.

As Wikipedia.org says "The PC version of Resident Evil 5 will feature online play for co-operative play sessions over the internet and will also take advantage of NVIDIA’s new GeForce 3D Vision technology (wireless 3D Vision glasses sold separately).[35] The PC version will also have exclusive contents, such as new costumes and an improved Mercenaries minigame. Resident Evil 5 has a scheduled release date for the 14th and 18th September in North America and Europe respectively. A benchmark tool has also been released for system performance and to test the new 3D technology which is implemented in all the cutscenes within the game"

Also, it will include 3 new costumes (which are being released alongside the PC version)

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/21/these-new-resident-evil-5-costumes-are-not-a-win-win/

Not sure if these costumers are PC exclusive. It may come out for the Xbox 360/PS3 version. (either for free...hopefully or it'll cost money...)

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
Meh, I beat this game on launch night. 8 hours, 42 minutes and 36 seconds. Yes, I remembered that.

It wasn't even close to RE4. They have very separate gameplay. The only moments in RE4 that are like RE5 are Mercenaries moments, when it gets hectic and crazy. RE5 was a very "Oh dear god! Shoot that way!" Game for me. That being said, it took very little to no skill to beat.

Unless you count Wekser. That took forever...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Me too, I'm afraid I'll be broke [nah, not really] by the time RE5 comes out on PC. I'm just about to buy a new graphics card [it's borked and the dip****s I bought it from won't even replace or fix it] and there have been a ton of deals this summer all over the internet and even in stores.

I really want to get RE5 when it comes out but it's just so hard to say no to all over these deals this summer: 50% off this, 70% off that. I feel quilty, almost like I'm stealing from someone.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/30/new-resident-evil-5-content-may-also-come-to-xbox-360/

"When Jun Takeuchi surprised Tokyo Game Show attendees with a motion-controlled version of Resident Evil 5 (subtitled "Alternative Edition"), he also revealed some new included content, reportedly a flashback scene set in the Spencer Mansion featuring Jill Valentine.

According to an IGN translation of a Dengeki Online article, the new scene (and whatever else Alternative Edition includes) may not be constrained to Sony's platform. Dengeki says that the new content may come to 360, but in a "different format," possibly implying a DLC release on Xbox Live Marketplace."

And I hope they're planning on making the DLC free. Let's not forget about the whole versus mode + unlock code issue a while back.

Top Bottom