• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 5

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Does anyone have any tips on beating Chapter 2-3 (the part where you're on the turret shooting at that big monster thing. I haven't played RE4/5 for a while so I forgot what they're called)

My dad is playing it on Professional mode and he keeps on dying. He says that Sheva is useless and doesn't shoot the bad guys while he shoots the huge monster.

We also tried to play co-op mode and his reaction time is slow so we always get hit and lose a lot of health. Then die.

Any help would be appreciated.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Well...Bad reaction time is...bad

I do know where you're coming from with this though, for whatever reason that whole thing is a pain on professional.

With the QTE moments you need to remember that you can't be firing iirc so once you see that QTE pop up stop firing unless you like losing 1/3 of your health.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but when Gigante's (What...what was that thing's name?) parasites are exposed shoot their...boils...sacs...the squishy parts as you'll find that they should go down sooner.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well...Bad reaction time is...bad

I do know where you're coming from with this though, for whatever reason that whole thing is a pain on professional.

With the QTE moments you need to remember that you can't be firing iirc so once you see that QTE pop up stop firing unless you like losing 1/3 of your health.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but when Gigante's (What...what was that thing's name?) parasites are exposed shoot their...boils...sacs...the squishy parts as you'll find that they should go down sooner.
Really? I read that you can be firing at those moments and just press the button when it appears onscreen.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
You might be able to but I haven't played the game in a while so you might be right.

But you need to pay attention whenever they show up since its mainly that and when the thing chucks the boulder is where you will most likely take damage.

Whoever is playing as Chris should be the one to pick off the majin since he doesn't need to wind up and he can't fire as long as Sheva can, I don't really have anything in terms of tips besides that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
You might be able to but I haven't played the game in a while so you might be right.

But you need to pay attention whenever they show up since its mainly that and when the thing chucks the boulder is where you will most likely take damage.

Whoever is playing as Chris should be the one to pick off the majin since he doesn't need to wind up and he can't fire as long as Sheva can, I don't really have anything in terms of tips besides that.
Alright, thanks for your help! :)

Healer

Smash Apprentice
I kinda liked Resident Evil 5 ONLY because it had two player coop, me and my bro have longing for a RE game like that. We beat the game, and though it was fun, I hate how resident evil turned out. I miss umbrella, I HATE MAJINI, GANADOS, and watever the heck they'll be called in the next game. I miss slow stupid zombies, with the smexy mix of scary monsters that jump at you out of nowhere. IMO zombies shouldn't use weapons, and if ya wanted to make them fast, don't make em' run up to u then slow down to think about whether they're gonna hit ya, do L4D style!! I am a diehard original style resident evil fan, I like the ORIGINAL resident evil and though the new one is okay (4 sucked IMO) I will always miss the original. I wonder if anyone else agrees? (btw, I'm not trying to start an argument just say that RE has changed)

EDIT: Wesker is mad hard!!! but you get an awesome feeling of killing that wore

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I kinda liked Resident Evil 5 ONLY because it had two player coop, me and my bro have longing for a RE game like that. We beat the game, and though it was fun, I hate how resident evil turned out. I miss umbrella, I HATE MAJINI, GANADOS, and watever the heck they'll be called in the next game. I miss slow stupid zombies, with the smexy mix of scary monsters that jump at you out of nowhere. IMO zombies shouldn't use weapons, and if ya wanted to make them fast, don't make em' run up to u then slow down to think about whether they're gonna hit ya, do L4D style!! I am a diehard original style resident evil fan, I like the ORIGINAL resident evil and though the new one is okay (4 sucked IMO) I will always miss the original. I wonder if anyone else agrees? (btw, I'm not trying to start an argument just say that RE has changed)

EDIT: Wesker is mad hard!!! but you get an awesome feeling of killing that wore
Is he really dead? Who knows?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My line of thinking is that he's been the bad guy in a lot of the Resident Evil games so it wouldn't seem likely that Capcom would just kill him off in RE5.

I just think that Wesker is still alive and will be in RE6.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
@F8AL: I was just sayin that you "kill" the guy, maybe he's alive, Umbrella was the main bad people in the series, and they took it out, they can easily take out wesker, idk, cuz i never really played RE4, but i don't remember hearing or seeing wesker in that game, just saying

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@F8AL: I was just sayin that you "kill" the guy, maybe he's alive, Umbrella was the main bad people in the series, and they took it out, they can easily take out wesker, idk, cuz i never really played RE4, but i don't remember hearing or seeing wesker in that game, just saying
Warning! RE4 spoilers ahead!:
The Umbrella corportation was put out of business in RE4 but they were still behind everything in RE4. They were mentioned a few times in the game.

Wesker was shown in the extra side mission: Ada's quest (or whatever it was called) in RE4.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
@F8AL True, but even as Umbrella closed, wilpharma took over their labs, then tricell Sources: RE: Degeneration movie
Also I know they are still techniqually behind everything, the Ganados, and majini virus (i dont even waste my time studying the new REs sorry) is like a cousin of the T-Virus, both tracing their roots back to the progenitor virus. I'd just like to see my old zombies again, and I'd wish the game wasn't so actiony, I want to get SCARED by the zombies, not get pissed the heck off when my head gets cut off or when i get stabbed billions of times by those "reapers" (who are suprisingly t-infected but still.) Come on! I mean yes, both RE4 and RE5 are successful but RE2 is STILL the most top sellin RE game, and thats an original. Sorry for my annoying rant, I just wish the game was the same.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
Hey Healer did you like the RE1 remake?
Heck yes, scary as fudge, I have a feeling where this is going "those crimsonheads run too!!" I know they run, but atleast it was SCARY!!!! It took me forever to beat that game cuz i was so scared (that was when I was like 10 tho so cut some slack lolz)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
I wish they had made this on the Wii I enjoyed RE4 on the Wii but Capcom made me buy it for the 360 which I didnt really want to do enjoying the controls from 4

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Resident Evil 5: Alternative Edition has an alternate episode

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/18/resident-evil-5-alternative-edition-has-an-alternate-episode/

"The upcoming Alternative Edition DLC for Resident Evil 5 is going to include much more than motion controller support for PS3 and the "Lost in Nightmares" flashback episode. The latest issue of Japanese mag Famitsu (via Andriasang) notes that Capcom has two additional surprises for players: new costumes and new characters for a revamped "Mercenaries Reunion" (seen above), as well as an extra, yet-to-be-revealed chapter.

All this content will be released as four separate DLC packs:

* "Lost in Nightmares" Episode - 400 ($5)
* Costume Pack 1 - 160 ($2)
* Costume Pack 2 - 160 ($2)
* Additional TBA Episode - 400 ($5)

These prices are only confirmed for Japan, but it's unlikely the US release will be too different. Will two new campaign episodes lure you back into Resident Evil 5's monster safari?"

Healer

Smash Apprentice
that's the one with jill as supporting character as opposed to sheva, correct? sounds interesting, on a random note, who here has accidently killed Jill and when it said "ur partner died" you had this WTFudge look somewat like this: O.o?

Kuda398

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite series, RE5 is awesome! Not scary though.......Dead Space is Scary.

Took me 2 days to beat it unfortunately, but I can't wait to get the Gold Edition March 9th.

Jill Rocks!!! In fact, I think I'll go make a new sig with her....:bee:

comboking

Smash Master
Heck yes, scary as fudge, I have a feeling where this is going "those crimsonheads run too!!" I know they run, but atleast it was SCARY!!!! It took me forever to beat that game cuz i was so scared (that was when I was like 10 tho so cut some slack lolz)
Lisa really added something to it that made it even scarier.

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
This game was bad imo im a huge resi fan and out if the main series resi 5 was the weakest of them all the only thing that redeemed it is that it had Wesker in it
i got it on release and was disappointed at it

RESIDENT EVIL DON'T GO WELL WITH SUNLIGHT.____.

Resi2>resi1>resi4>resi3=resiCV>>>>resi5

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
No PC DLC for RE5, Says Capcom

http://kotaku.com/5409985/no-pc-dlc-for-re5-says-capcom

"Capcom's announcement of a DLC bonanza on Wednesday conspicuously excluded PC versions and dates. That's because the company doesn't intend to release it for the PC. For now, anyway.

G4 spoke to a company rep who confirmed that lack of dates for PC versions was no accident. "No plans for PC at this point," said Capcom. And that was that.

That means no costumes, no new episodes, no new Mercenaries multiplayer, zip. You want that, grab the console version, or wait for Capcom to change their minds, I guess."

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I have to agree with everything. RE5 definitely had no fear factor whatsoever.
Well, a part that put me on my toes was when i was walking in the waters in marshlands with all those crocs inside, on my very first play through ever, so i had no idea they were some *******. I thought one was gonna lunge at me from the back and **** my **** up.

Healer

Smash Apprentice
This game was bad imo im a huge resi fan and out if the main series resi 5 was the weakest of them all the only thing that redeemed it is that it had Wesker in it
i got it on release and was disappointed at it

RESIDENT EVIL DON'T GO WELL WITH SUNLIGHT.____.

Resi2>resi1>resi4>resi3=resiCV>>>>resi5
AMEN!!!

Man I wish they'd rerelease a residentevil game with coop, that just blow RE5 outta the water.

DUB

Smash Lord
Every RE game I've played has made me jump a couple times the first time through. If I get hit by someone I couldn't see it spooks me out sometimes.

The only thing I've found really fear-inducing was the re- generators from 4.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Every RE game I've played has made me jump a couple times the first time through. If I get hit by someone I couldn't see it spooks me out sometimes.

The only thing I've found really fear-inducing was the re- generators from 4.
How about that guy who runs out of the oven in that military base part? He's on fire and he scared the living daylights out of me! :mad:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
haha oh yea that guy in the oven got me. wonder what he was doin in there. and yea regenerators and iron maidens did freak me out, especially the sounds they made that let me know they were there...and how they walked, that ****ing limp.
What iron maidens? The part where
you play as ashley in the castle kinda scared me because you need to go downstairs to the basement and get this item and then the knights come to life! it's also very dark down there and creepy...

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition's new enemy is all kinds of creepy

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/26/resident-evil-5-gold-editions-new-enemy-is-all-kinds-of-creepy/

"Capcom has updated its official Japanese Resident Evil 5 site, revealing the new enemy featured in the upcoming Gold Edition retail and (assorted) DLC release of the game. The new nemesis is an unnamed and extremely grotesque behemoth who carries a large key-like anchor, stalking the underground of Spencer's Mansion in the content's Lost in Nightmares episode. According to an English translation of the character card, players can hunt down the beast to obtain heavy weapons such as a sickle."

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
I thought the DLC was going to be some chapters of Chris in the mansion :( Hopefully RE5 SDK is leaked or the game is hacked to remake them all.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I love this game. Only wish it was longer. Does anyone know where I can unlock that Triple-Barrel Shotgun that Wesker carriers around in Mercenary mode? Also, how do I get the Bow and Arrow?

Top Bottom