• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 5

Black Waltz

Smash Champion

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yes please. More and more games are switching to Africa now. Halo is widely based there, Farcry 2, and now Resident Evil. Perhaps because the idea of zombies originated in Africa, eh? I dig the roots.

And I dig a fistful of boomstick to a crowd of zombies.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yes please. More and more games are switching to Africa now. Halo is widely based there, Farcry 2, and now Resident Evil. Perhaps because the idea of zombies originated in Africa, eh? I dig the roots.

Officially, Zombies came out of Hatti. Also, the type of Zombie in RE5 also comes from Hatti, the Neurotoxin Zombie. Essentially, what a Neurotoxin does is that is attacks your nervous system, and your vital signs will say that, even to a doctor (maybe not a good doctor) will deem you dead. Officially, there is no way to make one of these zombies cannibalistic, but you get the Idea. The Reason Why It is set in Africa is Because Humans came from there, so it's kind of a Back-to-your-origins type thing.

Want something to **** your pants more? How about A zombie virus, Like 28 Days later. Not only do you have to contend with a zombie, you have to contend with a fast Zombie.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
White People killing Black African Zombies?

The only conclusive answer is that Capcom is racist.

I've prefer Silent Hill over the Resident Evil games, but this will no doubt be better than Silent Hill: Homecoming (<- Undeniable piece of trash right there).

Spire

III
BRoomer

I've prefer Silent Hill over the Resident Evil games, but this will no doubt be better than Silent Hill: Homecoming (<- Undeniable piece of trash right there).

Silent Hill 4: The Room
was really good.... until you had to do the whole game over again halfway through the story.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace

Perhaps you haven't noticed that Chris's partner in this game is a native African.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I find it hilarious that when Leon's killing Hispanic villagers nobody says a word about it being racist, but as soon as Chris starts killing black zombies in Africa, everybody freaks out. And yeah...I want to play it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Perhaps you haven't noticed that Chris's partner in this game is a native African.
That does not change the fact that white people cannot kill black people without race being an issue. He's just using him as justification to hide racism in part by Capcom O:

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
Lol, same. Probably no demo I would guess which is too bad really. I'd like to give the game a try before I drop $60 on it. With my Valve fanboyism L4D may get my money instead.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm definitely getting this game. RE 5 is looking to be a fun game judging from the gameplay in the trailers. I'm going to get this on the 360.

Online co-op sounds fun.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm definitely getting this game. RE 5 is looking to be a fun game judging from the gameplay in the trailers. I'm going to get this on the 360.

Online co-op sounds fun.
Don't forget about offline co-op :).

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
That does not change the fact that white people cannot kill black people without race being an issue. He's just using him as justification to hide racism in part by Capcom O:
So if a white person kills a black person, it is ONLY because of racism, not because they're a blood thirsty zombie trying to kill you?

ZeroFox

Smash Lord

Well, I think if the game took place in any other area, Capcom would be racist against them instead of Africans. It works either way to be honest.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace

Not only did Voodooism originate in Haiti/Africa, there also an accepted theory that the birth of humans came from Africa. (The reason why Capcom chose Africa)

Anyways, Resident Evil 5. Is. Going. To. Be. Awesome. I just hope I can buy a PS3 before the game comes out. If not, I'm still buying the game, I'll just have to play the waiting game.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Nobody said anything about Hispanics in Resident Evil 4, people are so uptight these days.

Zone

Smash Champion
What's up with Jill valentines tomb stone in one of the newer trailers :( Makes me a sad koala bear.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah but wasn't the uh...date of death on the tombstone before the final scenario in Umbrella Chronicles (which included Jill) was supposed to take place?

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah but wasn't the uh...date of death on the tombstone before the final scenario in Umbrella Chronicles (which included Jill) was supposed to take place?
I dunno I played through chronicles once. That game had no replay value imo.

Burrbomb

Smash Apprentice
Im not a fan of pant ******* terror games, but this looks AWESOME!!! (Of course most of my gametime will be spent online due to me being a wuss......) I saw a vid of a chainsaw guy attack, looks like its actually possible to get hit by those guys w/o dying now! Hey, i wonder if they'll have extras like RE4, like play as diff. chars. new modes, etc. if so, then watch as it re-releases on the PS4 :colorful:

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If it comes out on the PC I'll try to get my hands on it, if not I'll have to pass since the only console I have is a Wii.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Im not a fan of pant ******* terror games, but this looks AWESOME!!! (Of course most of my gametime will be spent online due to me being a wuss......) I saw a vid of a chainsaw guy attack, looks like its actually possible to get hit by those guys w/o dying now! Hey, i wonder if they'll have extras like RE4, like play as diff. chars. new modes, etc. if so, then watch as it re-releases on the PS4 :colorful:
They're going to have Mercenaries from RE3/4, so I guess you'll be able to play as some different chars (hopefully Wesker again).

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hunk was pretty awesome in Mercenaries in RE4, I loved his melee moves enough to overlook that fact that his main weapon was the TMP.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
(Sorry for the bump)

Krauser was kool, I used him to kill Dr. Salvador (Well, the one who had the double chain saw, he was scary! Jumped up two stories of ladders, omg)

Sadly I only have a game cube, but I'll still buy the game. :3

Lets talk about the RE Movies as well:

If a character can't appear in the movie, then why not have something that may explain what happened to them? Jill is dead? What?!? Show us a clue that would imply that that character had died. Alice is ok with me, but as I have heard, she is pregnant. I mean, the actor playing her. ^^; (so we may have to wait, but as they wait, they can film other parts of the movie as she is inactive)

I would like to see more references to the games. I know its "Based on" the games, so give references to them at least. I surely hope there is more than 4 Resident Evil Movies! Look at the Harry Potter series, already have five. :3

If Leon is dead, shouldn't Claire know? Argh all this movie confusion. D: But anyways, if Leon appeared, would there be Ashley Graham and/or Ada Wong? (or references to them). I really like how Dr. Sam Isaacs was a reference to William Berkin.

I would like to see these characters or references to them at least (or some explanation of their fate): Billy Coen, Rebecca Chambers, Leon Scott Kennedy, Ada Wong, Enrico Marini, and Chris Redfield. Of course, I know all of them aren't probaly "alive" but I would like to know what happened. Although, I'm sure they'd like to tease me instead and keep me wondering, hehe, which is fine I guess. Its already a given that I want to see Alice in the 4th movie as well.

I have only played Resident Evil 0,1, and 4. I intend to play 2 and 3 as I get the money to buy them. :3 (and then others like 5 and umbrella chronicles)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I see. :E Its fine though, I do like the games better than the movies anyways. ;p

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
The Resident Evil movies were terrible besides the fact that Ali Larter was Claire Redfield. An another note, the new CG RE movie, Resident Evil Degeneration looks pretty sweet. It's already out in Japan, I think.

On topic: The new inventory system worries me a bit. I'm used to taking my time in the inventory to select weapons and stuff, but now that it's all real-time it's going to be really fast-paced.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I haven't seen Resident Evil Extinction, but Apocalypse was cool in a sort of bad way, if for nothing else but to see Zack Ward (better known from Titus of course) trying to half *** a Russian accent. :laugh:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Good news everyone! A demo for RE5 will be available starting December 5th on Xbox LIVE. For Japan, gold members only. They said that a NA version will follow "a bit later".

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/26/famitsu-resident-evil-5-demo-hitting-xbox-live-dec-5/
http://kotaku.com/5099209/resident-evil-5-360-co+op-demo-next-week
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/933/933962p1.html

And if you're REALLY impatient for the NA version, you can always make a new gamertag and put your location as Japan but you'll have to get gold in order to download it. Cause I have my canadian account and an american account because sometimes americans get exclusive/early content than canadians like me. :)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So I finally got around to playing the RE5 demo.

It's amazing.

The game finally mixes the survival horror and action together perfectly, and having two people doesn't make the game really easy like RE0 either.
I never knew that opening the menu in real time would make the game this much harder.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I naturally assumed that when you press 'y' to go to your menu that the game pauses like RE4 but it doesnt! I've tried playing co-op in the demo with my brother but we can't beat either level! They don't give you enough ammo and there are alot of those people rushing you.

And I'm assuming you made a japan gold account to download the demo before they region locked it? I didn't, I just downloaded the demo, burnt it on a CD and pop it in my 360.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah I naturally assumed that when you press 'y' to go to your menu that the game pauses like RE4 but it doesnt! I've tried playing co-op in the demo with my brother but we can't beat either level! They don't give you enough ammo and there are alot of those people rushing you.
Took me three times to beat the first level and one try to beat the second level. They barely give you any ammo! I had to use my knife whenever I could. Axes and chainsaw guys are freaky...

And I'm assuming you made a japan gold account to download the demo before they region locked it? I didn't, I just downloaded the demo, burnt it on a CD and pop it in my 360.
Nah, I used the same method as you did. Too bad we can't do online co-op with the demo.

Top Bottom