• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resident Evil 5

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks epic. The area I tryed on I was always on un-even ground and guys would keep poping up behind me. I really hate that wall jumping ability they all have. You never know where they'll squeeze through to get ya. I think thats the only achievment that I need to get that is one of those 'tricky' ones. All the others are pretty easy stuff, just time consumeing. Like upgradeing all the weapons and getting all the figures.

I dont know why I didn't try youtube, it's usually my first source for those quick little snipplets you need.

I got another question for eveyone. ..I'm actually not sure if this would count as a spoiler or not, but I'll just go ahead and
this it
anyway.
What was the easiest way for you to deal with the Lickers B? My first playthrough they were a huge pain and drained away all of our ammo (playing with my friend). The next play was much easier when we both had unlimited ammo. He stuck with a shotgun and I had a sniper. I found a rapid fire sniper was good to keep alot of them at bay from a distance with head/faceshots. Sometimes the shotgun wont kick them back and they do have that incredible range with thier tongues. The revolver was also a good choice, but the Handcannon and first one you get have way too much of a recoil to handle a large group of those nasty guys.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
It's very simple, Ganon.

Unlock the Infinity RPG. Go to chap. 5-2, and kill all the lickers in the corridors for 12,500 every time. Quit, save, and then on the main menu click on continue.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
No problem trueganon it clicked when I first saw it since I thought that acheivement was too good to pass up.

now as for your newer question...

For the Beta Lickers or whatever they're called they do swarm and the range they possess can be rather difficult if your partner doesn't help you out as soon as possible.

In comparison to the Majini they are very tough but if you make use of grenades or acid rounds from the Grenade Launcher they will drop en'mass. If you don't really like using those I found that the Jail-Breaker is a suitable and more inventory friendly since it has better range than the other shotties and is capable of knocking them on their backs at a further distance than the other shot-guns. For me at least just remember that the first shotgun has a better chance to critical and has the largest capacity, the second has the most outright power per shot fired, and the third has more range and perhaps a faster firing speed than the others. And well...the Hydra flat-out destroys everything that you point at.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate the input. I feel kinda dumb now when I looked back and realized I never even held the Grenade Launcher outside from a very very brief use in Merc. mode throughout my entire playtime on the game. If it wasnt on Wesker's inventory or the sniper on my first playthrough, I havn't used it. My friend was the one going crazy with all the diffrent ammo types and I wasnt sure which ones were the best for dealing with those bigger threats.

I still think the Hydra is just the be all end all in justice enforcement. Once you hit all the upgrades for it, I just find it the easiest to use with the biggest payoff. Unlike the Handcannon, it doesnt suffer from the 'oh no I have to re-align my sights after every shot'. You can seriously close your eyes and put the remote in your mouth and you'll clear the screen of all baddies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I've lost my urge to get that ****ty content. I'll wait for DLC characters instead:).

If there will be no DLc characters, Capcom's not getting my money. I may end up spending the 4.99 at Taco Bell or something:-p.

epic of DE

Smash Journeyman
Newark, DE (only a mile from University of Delawar
Guh...that concept made me throw up in my mouth a little...

For all the enjoyment RE5 has I have to say that it did move away from the series original ideas and the ending to me was a little...annoying...

The team merc. or versus can work if they are careful with how many spawn and stuff...but its still one of those "whats the point" things for me...

Taco Bell?...So...whether you buy the DLC or go to Taco Bell you'll probably be feeling pretty bad an hour afterwards then?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Guh...that concept made me throw up in my mouth a little...

For all the enjoyment RE5 has I have to say that it did move away from the series original ideas and the ending to me was a little...annoying...

The team merc. or versus can work if they are careful with how many spawn and stuff...but its still one of those "whats the point" things for me...

Taco Bell?...So...whether you buy the DLC or go to Taco Bell you'll probably be feeling pretty bad an hour afterwards then?
I love Taco Bell! :(

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Where was the type writer in this game?
Not enough challenging parts
They should have at least kept the 1911 from re4 :\
Optional no partner game mode (unless I missed it)
Not scary
Too short
Too linear
No AK 47 :\

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Well I decided to buy the DLC, and it's not all that bad. Although I wouldn't want to play it with random people due to certain aspects of it being frustrating, but I had good laughs with my friends.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
COMPLETE. GLOBAL. SATURAT1ON.

Haaaaaaaahhhhh............
---
Versus is the devil's spawn and was not meant for RE5.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
There is an Ak 47 in 5 and there is no need for a TypeWriter seeing as how the Hydra can trump it in a heartbeat.

I got the DLC and I dont even have a 360. How awesome is that??

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got RE5 today! (haven't played it yet tho)

I have a question: Is the AI for your teammate good? Cause I've read that you should play with an actual human being instead of relying on the computer AI.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Play with someone. Even if it's someone you don't know, 80% chance they will be better than the AI. It certainly is no L4D AI.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I literally stopped playing the game for an entire day after seeing how bad the AI was for me. It would, no matter how many enemys or where they were at, always run behind me, aim directly at the back of my skull, and unload as I'm trying to aim. I never played with the AI again after that incident.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Play with someone. Even if it's someone you don't know, 80% chance they will be better than the AI. It certainly is no L4D AI.
Even Left 4 Dead AI can bug out sometimes though, there is never anything like playing with a human player who knows that you can shoot Zombies on the floor while they get you up, rather than stop reviving you when the bar is 3/4ths full and one Zombie runs up. I've only played the Demo, but even that was with a buddy.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I dont think any game's AI can compare to the responsive nature and adaptability that a human player can display. The AI works on that basic "Are you hurt/ I will heal regardless of how little damage you have." "enemy is hurting you/I will fire in that general direction." "Do I have room to carry that item/I shall snatch before you can see it and then I'll use it at the worst possible time so that I can minimize it's overall effectiveness."

However, if you can muscle your way to the point where you can get one of those top tier guns and maybe even all the upgrades for them, you don't really need a partner. They basically become a pack mule for items that you can sell.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Does anyone know how the whole item/inventory thing works? Cause I started playing co-op with my brother and I played as Chris and he played as Sheva. Then later on in the day, he played the same chapter (1-1) and he played as Chris but he didn't have any items?

Oh and which categories of my pistol should I upgrade this early in the game? I just upgraded my pistol's firepower from 1.50 to 1.70.

And are there snakes in the crates/barrels like RE4? I always double slash those things now just in case. ;)

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I literally stopped playing the game for an entire day after seeing how bad the AI was for me. It would, no matter how many enemys or where they were at, always run behind me, aim directly at the back of my skull, and unload as I'm trying to aim. I never played with the AI again after that incident.
Turn attack reactions off, bullets will go through you then.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Does anyone know how the whole item/inventory thing works? Cause I started playing co-op with my brother and I played as Chris and he played as Sheva. Then later on in the day, he played the same chapter (1-1) and he played as Chris but he didn't have any items?
Each person has their own inventory. It doesn't switch over as far as I know. I have the same issues, that's why I generally try and play as the same character. Unless we just happen to have the bugged copies of the game. :p I do like the fact that you can combine the same/similar items. When I first heard about the "9 items only" stuff I didn't figure you could combine.

And I know the AI is still buggy in L4D, but it's still some of the best AI I've seen in a long time. That's what I was referring to.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Turn attack reactions off, bullets will go through you then.
Is that what that is? Wow, thank you very much. I couldn't care less what the AI was doing, but that would always make my shots go way off course and screw me over when I least needed to be screwed over. ...now thinking about that, what?!? Why that option? It's not like you take damage and you do get bloody in the spot that you are hit, but only for afew seconds. That is such a dumb option. "Turn this on if you want to pretend your being hit." Wtf?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
It's just friendly fire. Same reason friendly fire is on in Smash or CS or anything. The problem is, the AI can't seem to ever change the fact that it wants to shoot you in the back of the head like a person can when friendly fire is on. "Hey, stop shooting me" doesn't have the same effect. >_<

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
Best use for freindly fire I found in RE5 was the good solid 3 hours of fun I had when I first bought the Stun Rod and played with my friend. "Oh, I see a gem in that mask" *he shoots it* "...I said I saw it first." *he takes it* "..." *STUN ROD* "Oh look, an enemy." *He aims at it* "LOOK OUT, CHICKEN" *STUN ROD* *We're about to open a door* *STUNROD* "I'll go first."

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
F8AL said:
Oh and which categories of my pistol should I upgrade this early in the game? I just upgraded my pistol's firepower from 1.50 to 1.70.
Forget power for your pistol, upgrade your headshots. (Criticals) There are three levels for it. Upgrade a critical and then ammo capacity. Never one more than the other.

For shotguns, have reload speed be your last thing to upgrade. Start with power. (Learn to reload through your inventory for shotguns).

Y(Brings up inventory), then select ammo+combine to the shotgun. It's faster once you get good at it.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Each person has their own inventory. It doesn't switch over as far as I know. I have the same issues, that's why I generally try and play as the same character. Unless we just happen to have the bugged copies of the game. :p I do like the fact that you can combine the same/similar items. When I first heard about the "9 items only" stuff I didn't figure you could combine.
All your inventory and weapons switch over from character to character. The items in your inventory move into the storage box at the bottom of the inventory management screen.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Seriously?!?! Son of a *****!! I fail at RE5. >_< I have never seen that option, and therefore I always had to get the same items or just dealt with different ones. *grumbles* Thank you for telling me that.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
That feature always bugged me, especially on my first playthrough. I was always gearing up and setting everything where I could open the menu, grab what I need, and get it out and ready in a heartbeat. But then when my pal got online, he would always host the room which made him Chris, and I had to remove everything and reorginize it for no reason. Annoyance Max.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Another question: You remember in RE4 how you could combine treasures into other treasures? Is it the same for RE5?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yeah. If you select the two items, there is an option for "combining". This frees up your space in your inventory list. They just have to be of the same idea. Like herbs, health, so on. Bullets cannot though if they are not the same bullet type.

EDIT: Misread. Don't listen to me. >_<

BTW, everyone I talked to had the same problem you did when it came to AI and real people. So I think it is what I told you it was. Sucks dude. I'm sorry. :(

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that would be a "No" for your answer. I held on to alot of things thinking the same, but everything you get is pretty much jewls and solid gold or silver objects. I havn't found anything that can be combined, treasure wise that is. Feel free to sell away.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah. If you select the two items, there is an option for "combining". This frees up your space in your inventory list. They just have to be of the same idea. Like herbs, health, so on. Bullets cannot though if they are not the same bullet type.

EDIT: Misread. Don't listen to me. >_<

BTW, everyone I talked to had the same problem you did when it came to AI and real people. So I think it is what I told you it was. Sucks dude. I'm sorry. :(
Thank you for your response! Now I know that I'll have to beat the campaign with the CPU AI first, then I can join in with my brother and help him with any chapters!

EDIT: I just found out that there are snakes hiding in those boxes/crates/barrells! ;/
I was walking around in that dark mine shaft place with the lantern, I see some boxes and I slash them with my knife and I see a snake there! And yes it did hurt me...darnit.... :p

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'm glad they no longer poison you, but rather do minor damage and that's all there is to it.

Well, I lost my RE5 data TWICE now and that pretty much destroyed my will to keep playing the game. Losing unlimited ammo for all your weapons twice is just crappy.

I heard the DLC sucks, most of my friends regret getting it. I'll just wait until Capcom releases DLC characters. Paying for uninteresting gametypes is lame.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
No, there are no Treasures you can combine. Another thing to keep in mind for the rarer ammunition (like Magnum ammo) is that when you upgrade the capacity for that weapon type, you get an entire clip of ammo free...useful if you want to use them often.

Top Bottom