• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

DonQuixote

Smash Apprentice
ever since we were learning about don quixote in spanish class and some one asked what does a donkey have to do with it? ive loved don quixote so i use it now haha

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
marthmaster - quite obvious
59 - because i don't want to send any gay innuendo ( imagine marthmaster69)

taste_the_beast

Smash Apprentice
Mine is from something i heard in a pretty recent film; Rolemodels. If you havent seen it you should check it out.
really REALLY funny.
Sorry if you dont think so.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
its a really really old inside joke that i cant even remember but its my username to everything.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I joined smashboards during melee when my friends, out of the blue, started learning AT's and I was left in the dark. I was all like SH-laser-wavedash-wtf? Worst of all I played CF, who can't play for balls without shffling. So I joined feelin' a bit rusty at melee. Har har.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i got the name Stos around grade 6.
it went from Christian (my name) into Christos but then i didnt like it so it went down to Stos, you might of seen people referring to me as Sots too, yeah my friend made a typo ad everyone started calling me Sots lmfao. but yeah over the years ive been thinking of something sick for "Stos" but then i keep failing.
"Stos" is kinda random too haha.

Ange

Smash Lord
I seriously have no idea where my username came from (it was originally Angela until about summer this year), but I think it was on some kind of swedish online thing where I was named Angela34.

After that I pretty much used Angela everywhere, and if that name was taken, I just added a "34" after it. Tho I have recently changed it to Ange cause the previous one got seriously old.

Yeah. P:

Fhqwhgads101

Smash Rookie
This is a misspelled version of a Homestar Runner reference. This started two years ago when it was actually funny (or when my sense of humor sucked, either way).

Yes, this username sucks. Oh well, it's what I can remember.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran is my fav video game character, which is even better because nobody knows who he is, so I can steal his name.

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
Mine is my first name plus the surname of my favourite Portuguese football (soccer) player as I'm Portuguese and love football (soccer). I only give this on Smashboards though.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
During track in high school, whenever we were about the race the other school, we'd tell each other our times. After hearing the other kids times, I'd always look to my friend and say, "They may be fast... but they're not fast like me."

Geist

Smash Master
I've had this name since my first file on pokemon yellow version. How I came up with it escapes me.
Yellow version is awesome.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's because I got told I wear Chaco's all the time. It stuck.

Chaco's leave awesome feet tan marks on your feet.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
I have got my name since the school year started except without the 24 part. They Called me sonic because i would usually pop out of nowhere and just surprise people, so ya.. ive liked the name also ^^

Linkwearsgreen

Smash Journeyman
I like Link and the Zelda games, so I thought about it and came up with Linkwearsgreen. I first used it on the Powder Game comments XD

btw I hate green. Blue is my fav color, but Link looks awesome in it.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Rick-e-ty! Rick-e-ty!

I go by "Rickety" in real life, even at school.

I got the name back in high school; there were two Rick's in my group of friends, and I guess I was the less important of the two, so he got to be Rick.

Then a friend of mine, who I guess was trying to cheer me up, told me, "The name "Rick" doesn't suit you anyway! How about "Ricky"? No, that doesn't work either, it needs more syllables. Ooh, I got it! How does "Rickety" sound? Yeah, I like it! RICK-E-TY! RICK-E-TY!"

And from there on out, I've just used the name "Rickety" inside and outside of smash, for everything besides forms and documents that require my legal name. Even though I've lost contact with my old group of friends, I still like the name.

And if that doesn't solidify my total dorky-boy status, I've even given serious consideration to legally changing my name to "Rickety". (Pathetic, no?)

But anyway, I think it's a cute and dorky and kinda-nice name! And since I think I have two out of those three qualities, why not be Rickety? :]

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
Ryan is my first name, and Ludovic is the 8 year old boys name from mi life en rose who wanted to be a girl.

ElemMasterZeph92

Smash Journeyman
My name is well....what it sounds like :) I am a Elemental Master and my name is Zephyr, I like spellcasters in video games(hence the Elemental Master) and I like wind spirits(hence Zephyr). Bet that no one knew that ;)

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Once my parents dragged me to Mohegan Sun and I walked to the food court (since there was nothing else I could do there). In the Wolf Den, on the carpet are pictures of diffrent 'moons' (Moon of the Frogs, Moon of the Lillies etc). I eventually stumbled upon 'Moon of the Strawberries' and it just stuck with me. I don't know, I guess I thought it was pretty interesting.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
There is a huge significance behind my name. The name "Heartz" is referred to the hearts of those who I love, and love me, whether it be my partner, friends, and family. It is subliminally stating that I hold these hearts dear to me. I solely base this off of Kingdom Hearts.

The "z" serves as eye candy for the name. Nothing more.

I pretty much go by a concept as far as my avatar, signature, and being a Peach main.

+♥

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, Proverbs is not my favorite book of the Bible or anything. I'm not really sure why I chose it. I think it's because a lot of people usually think of me as a 'wise' person or something to that effect. I think that's why I chose it to begin with.

However, later on, I'd discover I'm very much like the biblical Solomon in a lot of ways. It's kind of hard to explain, you'd need to know me a good deal more for me to explain it.

Edit because I just realized that not everyone knows the authors of the books of the Bible: Solomon wrote Proverbs.

Top Bottom