• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Mine is for this reason:
My favorite Brawl Character was Charizard (self explanatory), but My dad thought that would be taken (it wasn't) so he got the Idea for me to put the last two digits of the year I was born (1992) so I could avoid the possibility of it being taken.

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
Saki = Saki Amamiya. Main protagonist from the game, Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth. One of the best games I've ever played.

Zatoichi = The name of a blind Samurai from a popular TV Series/Movie(s) from the 1960s.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
A6M Zero, because in brawl, every match with Fox is a knife fight. You carry cannons, but if you get shot you explode ><

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan. Omega WEAPON is an optional boss in Final Fantasy 8 and 10 at least. And Sephiroth is just too cool.

Hmm, seems we both like Omega and Sephiroth, interesting indeed.

Vector the crocodile from Sonic.

Just added the 0 because it makes it more original, I guess.
I thought so, everytime I see this name, I immediatly think of Vector from Sonic who btw happens to be one of my all time favorite VG characters.

The Max is Back

Smash Cadet
My username origins way back to when smash boards was called SSB Revolution, around the time when brawl was first announced. So there was plenty of speculation tossed around, as well as the debut of the first smash boards podcast. I eventually wanted to share my incites on the dojo posts and any scarce information released concerning Brawl.
So I decided to post my opinions on various topics that showed up on the front page of smash boards, (usually the dojo updates). I went under the name of Max and eventually Maximum.
Suddenly, I needed to create an account in order to continue adding posts. Thus, I did but it took me forever to activate it so, I took a year break of the boards.
Then one day I had enough and made an entirely new account and named myself the username I bear today!

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
This was my first username for anything online ever. I used to be a huge fan of Digimon, hence the digitalmaster. The 287 was offered to me randomly when digitalmaster was unavailable.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
lol well my name is jonathan=jona

and well about 3 years ago me my uncle and the rest of my family just

started to call people diapers cuz of spykids 3? or 2? idk

the kid called the girl a diaper lady and so we started calling people that.

and one day i was like hmm and i went on to youtube and made

jonadiaper

been using it ever since.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
My sister was making me a yahoo account and we couldn't come up with a name. then i randomly started thinking about that guy from yu-gi-oh with the white hair who says yu-gi ma'boy. So then i said ArtieBoy! so now im using this user name on most of the sites i join.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
Many years ago when I used to play Runescape, my first account name was Death_God77. I was only 7 when I first started playing and I didn't know what to do at all. I started my account, was happy for 15 minutes, but then I died. I thought when you died you had to start over. So I had to come up with a new username and thought up Streetracr77. It is spelled without an e at the end because you're username can only be 12 characters. I've used this name for many games now because I couldn't imagine using a different name.

Sage07

Smash Apprentice
The name Sage comes from a character i once drew back in school 9yrs ago, and 07 was added recently due to the year i graduated from High school.

maskedboy09

Smash Rookie
Reasons:
1) The Masked Boy is my favorite boss in Mother 3 and he reveals to be Claus, Lucas' twin.
2) The Masked Boy kicks serious butt, even though he has no emotion what-so-ever.
3) Many people are fans to Claus/Masked Boy and I am one of them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Puffball: Because I played Jigglypuff, and she was my favorite Smash Bros. Character (until Brawl)

64: Because some jerk took the name "Puffball" (and doesn't even post, and joined in '04 I think). 64 came up because of the whole "Nintendo 64" era, where everything had '64' after it.

I should see about getting the original Puffball's account deleted, and changing mine to just Puffball.

Oh well.

YamiJorie

Smash Cadet
I use tihs name on most stuff I'm member of, such as YouTube and GameFAQ's.
The reason behind it: Jorie is my initial nickname, but a while ago I learnt Yami meant Darkness. Yami + Jorie = YamiJorie.

lonelee

Smash Rookie
My name is Lee irl and i thought this name would be nice but not so serious that it sounds ********.

Matt

Banned via Administration
My name is actually Steve, but I killed a guy named Matt once so it seemed fitting.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
I'm a "Zelda Nerd". At least that's what I call it.
What better name for a Zelda Nerd than having the name of Zelda's race. The name itself was a sorta reference to Young Link.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I was making a new BF2 account and every name was taken. EVERYTHING!!
So I got frustrated and typed kigbariom.

Pikatwo

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge Pokemon fan, and my favourite Pokemon ever is Mewtwo. My second favourite is Pikachu. And lo and behold, I became Pikatwo! Besides...Mewchu sounded like...I don't know.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
I had to think of a name that would inspire terror in my enemies. A name that would make all cower in fear. So I asked my Asian friend, because they have a lot of cool terror inspired names of death. He suggested the name Narukari, said that anybody who knows what it was would be in awe of me. Sadly, I did not double check what this name meant.

Be careful, this link will make you humble before the awesomeness that is Narukari

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
My friends call me K Lo... because they think I have a body similar to J Lo's. (Aside from the butt, I beg to differ.)

& I'm so uncreative when it comes to names, so, KayLo! was born.

trueganon

Smash Journeyman
It was handed down from generation to generation of a long line of idiots who keep being defeated by the same 10 yr. old super idiot.

justaway12

Smash Master
not sure if i posted here before so i'll post anyway there's an anime called gintama it's my favorite anime and they have a toy called justaway which was really a bomb it had a cool name so i though why not it was either this, justtank or the neo armstrong cyclone jet armstrong cannon just don't look up the neo armstrong cannon on google image and i sometime use 1 and 2 for my username for no reason (i don't think justaway without number is taken) next time you see my username remember it's 1,2 not twelve

Top Bottom