• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

Donut!

Smash Apprentice
I'm Donut and that's my usual gamer tag too because it's how I mest my best friends back in the day. A Stop & Shop opened up in our town and we all applied around the same time, and I ended up working in the Dunkin Donuts inside of it. They would come over on break and I got the nickname donutboy, and then we all eventually started having Halo battles, (although I'm not a Halo fan anymore really), and Donutboy/Donut has just stuck.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Well my favorite anime character name is Kaorin and she would get mad alot, so Wrath.

So The wrath of Koarin, yes The first forum I was on I spelled Kaorin wrong, so I just stuck with it.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Mario= My main
Fire= My Coustme
149= firemario was taken....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
But why 149? Don't tell me you're so unoriginal that you were the one hundred forty-ninth person to think of it!

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
My name is Rigor Mortis mostly because I wanted to make a word sound like some bad *** anime character. Like the name Rigor omg ;P or Mr. Mortis would be cool to.
Also, Rigor Mortis happens when your body gets muscle spasms when you die * I think its because of the sudden realese of ATP? Someone call a doctor lol* and thats something not alot of people know about so i freak people out when they ask wat my name is

And also I wanted a smart sounding name compared to what my regular gamer tag/ forum names are which is RIOT *im called that cuz i usually curse alot and have alot of sexual jokes but i own as well*
and the name Rigor Mortis has RIgOr MorTis Which spells RIOT

Shasta

Smash Cadet
theres a reason i picked this username and that is because i think the movie snowbuddies was an inspiring yet funny movie and the leader was a husky pup name shasta in the sled team(i don't mine saying huskies are my favorite dog bread) but he was a pup that never gave up just like me(I never give up), just I am not a puppy or a dog for that matter

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
Originally my user name was princesspikmin....but then I realized that my main was Pikachu, and my secondary was Olimar. ALSO my boyfriend and I kind of shared the PrincessPikmin account for a while and he really didnt like it. (neither did I too much)

Now my username is bubbletea because I have always loved boba(aka bubbletea) since I first tried it. Especially Thai.

F1r3w0lf

Smash Apprentice
Stop having a boring tuna...stop having a boring l
Although this is Wolf's BUp, that's not the reason at all. My StarFox WiFi name was originally F1r3f0x, and when I realized that I took that from my web browser, I had to change it. I was into Twilight Princess at the time, so Wolf was a good choice for me. Wolf was also an awesome character in StarFox command. And just recently, I realized the emblem on Cloud's pauldron in Advent Children is a wolf (I thought it was a panther or something.) Not that much to do with Wolf at all. This is also my TrackMania SN, but it's F!r3w0lf, kind of different.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
It's an old inside joke; in retrospect I'd really like to change it but alas premium membership is gones.
yea, too bad Kirby King won't do anything about it either, hopefully our new Admin will bring it back soon, I really could use a name change right about now.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbqEE1Q5TDg&feature=related

In Secret of Mana, there were 3 bosses of the same monster class. The Fire Gigas, Frost Gigas, and Bolt Gigas. I decided that I could make up the Smash Gigas, being this is a Smash Bros game.

But recently I use Gigas Knight, of which has multiple meanings.
1.) I am a self-proclaimed Knight. Also, the Mana Knight was the chosen one to wield the sword known as "Excalibur, Herald, Gigas...." (The Sword of Mana)
2.) It can also represent a beastly knight. Fearsome. Dangerous. Historical reasoning here.
3.) ^ It also represents my style of swordsmanship. Titan-like / powerfull.

My signature has meaning behind it as well, but that's another story.

Mittenkiss

Smash Cadet
I played this MMORPG and when I was creating a character.
I couldn't think of a name. I was thinking of a cute username, but they were taken.
I randomly entered names till I found this one.
Mittenkiss.
And I liked it a lot.

K64

Smash Apprentice
K64

I think u get an idea of where my name comes from, but this is the real story:

2 years ago, I was in a Smash tournament in Play n' Trade practicing w/ friends and enemies. 15 minutes before the first round and I need a 4-character name for myself. A sparring buddy at the time chose the name PLAN (mad Smash Bros. expert). I think back to my young days when I was a N-O-O-B at Smash Bros (4 the 64). Kirby was my first fav. Put it all together and what do ya get? K64.
I won 3rd place in that tournament and been using this name since......except when games ask for more than 3 characters.
:)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Mith was taken unfortunately =/ So I just added the x to the end.

My name in World of Warcraft was Mithrilshot. Everybody in my guild and on my server pretty much called me Mith, so it just stuck. When I transferred servers I changed my name to Mith.

I pretty much use that name for everything now lol.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I played this MMORPG and when I was creating a character.
I couldn't think of a name. I was thinking of a cute username, but they were taken.
I randomly entered names till I found this one.
Mittenkiss.
And I liked it a lot.
I really like that name.

Sorry if I double posted.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Well, the story is long. When I was a wee lad and a newb on the internet who should have learned to lurk moar, I joined Serebii, a pokemon forum. I joined it as Rune The 1st (without capitals, but meh). Then I got into all sorts of leagues which all ultimately failed except one. It was Team Blaze. I didn't like Rune The 1st because it was a name I got from Runescape, which I didn't like anymore. And my obssesion back then was Blaziken and it's still my favorite pokemon, so I went to Wiktionary and typed in blaze. I came up with Roihu on some weird language. And I seriously loved that name. I still love that name and I can't find any name that I would want more than this one.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I wish I could of thought of something better but it's too late now.

small = It's a small world that I live in.

wolf = my favorite animal

24 = my date of birth

D

Deleted member

On runescape about 6 years ago my buddy was named godsmith so i put a 2 on the end.
My other name is italknoobs because in the runescape tutorial no one ever talked back when I talked so I made fun of them by calling myself italknoobs

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
When I first heard of shuffling, I was confused and didn't how I could worry about those three things while still trying to do an aerial. This was the first AT that I was able to do consistently. Ever since then, I became addicted. I was trying to think of my username back when I was only lurking here on SWF. When I joined, I had no trouble choosing my name.

Death

Smash Lord
Death.

Actually, I have always liked (in fantasy) gloomy situations and dark times, which is also why all the poems I have ever written (and most of my successful stories) have been about death and desparation. I don't know why because in reality, I am just a nice guy... I guess.

Death. 'Nuff said.

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
I mained Jigglypuff in SSB 64 and 8/8 was my birthdate. When I tried to log in, I noticed I typoed. Eventually I found the abbreviation jpp8 which really grew on me. So, jigglyppuff8 is my username of choice.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Last summer I was making fake Dojo updates for fun, and "Hyper Ridley" was the name for my Ridley Final Smash.

beyond that, Ridley's my favorite video game character.

XLII

Smash Cadet
XLII is 42 in roman numerals.

On other boards, I go by such things as yeroc, y3roc, y3r0c, and y3120c all of which are different forms of yeroc, my name spelled backwards

Top Bottom