• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reasoning Behind your Username?

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Mine's from a Chinese film, the Stormriders. It's the name of a character who can predict the future or something, it's been a while since I watched it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am on over 100 forums and this is the name started it all...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dawn, for the beginning, roy for my friend, fire for the fire that lives within us.

FireKP1

Smash Lord
Fire- My favourite pokemon element at the time.
KP- Because I like Kim Possible.
1- Cause when I registered under FireKP at gamefaqs I lost the password and couldn't go any farther under that username.

REFUSEDx

Smash Apprentice
Refused is a band thats no longer together now.

The X because I did register as refused before but I put in the wrong email so I re-registered....and Im the exiest refused of them all. ;)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I have a story behind mine... not just random strung together words like some people >.>

<3 or LessThanThree was actually a character I created; this was her screen name. (Yeah it was a girl... keep reading) This was actually for a manga I was working on and planning to put online so I was showing the characters to all of my friends. Somehow the dare came up that I take on the screen name <3, it was a dare in fact. I shrugged and said "haha! sure!" something like that.
I dropped my wanna be Japanese screen name "Shiroame" and picked up this one. I, being me, looked into it for deeper meaning... mathematical meaning of course was one, spritual (the whole Christian belief system (I'm not catholic)) physical (I'm less than two tons in wieght) All of these were an attempt to humble myself, hahaha, they fail to this day.

<3 also represent love... (You know the heart) which is Ironic because I'm one of the least loving people I know.

Last but not least I think it looks smart... I mean very few get the transition between <3 and Less Than Three but I do. So... I'm better then all of you ^__^

SIDE NOTE:
I am male... so you all know...

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mine is pretty much the hindu god of dirty wet sex

Rwing_Wurm_Champ

Smash Journeyman
Rwing_Wurm_Champ stands for being an annoying, flaming, ******** persona I created literally be an arse to start flame wars!

Rwing stands for the mind games infecting your insides...
Wurm stands for how long it can last (live for like a real parasite) unitl it's over (locked thread)
Champ stands for anarchy in getting the people to react the way I wanted them to...a win-win situation even if I lose and get outflamed, end justified the means.

Don't do it anymore really...

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
lets see..my best and favorite videogame character is Ganondorf, and im a gurl, and i always spell girl as "gurl" because im a loser and spells things like that. and i was originally gonna have it as "Ganondorfgurl" but i was bored that day and made one letter capital, the next letter lower case, then the next letter capital, and so on and so on...u get the idea.

bball2012

BRoomer
BRoomer
*2001*

Durr, durr, I like basketball and bball is what all the cool kids call it. BUT WTF YAHOO ALREADY HAS IT TAKEN *wrist slice* Okay, Okay, I'll just add my high school graduation year of 2008. Heh heh, I am the cleverest mofo this side of WTF HOW THE HELL CAN SOMEONE HAVE ****ING BBALL2008 ALREADY DOES GOD HATE ME???? Fine, I'll put in my college graduation year and make it bball2012. BRILLIANT.

*2002*

Durr, durr, this Smash World place seems pretty neat. I think I'll register! But I need a user name. Even though I could pick any name in the universe, I'll choose bball2012 because it's like my email address. Now I can put all my mental faculties toward Smash Bros. Melee! YAY!

*2006*

2012 is the bane of my (SWF) existince.

Maxorz

Smash Rookie
well.... i've stuck with this name because my friends call me this as a nickname for my name Max...
also, i haven't joined a forum that this name is in use , so score for me...

pezaddict

Smash Lord
I choose my name because I like pez, and whenever I eat a piece, I get addicted to the candy

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
I've seen so many of these topics, but it really is better to just make a new one occationally.

My name is inferno because

1. I'm a pyromaniac
2. I used to watch Beast Wars, and Inferno was my favorite character.

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I was a cheezy 13 year old who liked the movie Fantasia. I mean, yeah, I still like it, but I don't want to make my screen name Fantasia anymore.

i'm Male for those who think I'm unmale.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
My name comes from Bahamut....just with "ess" tied on the end to show I'm Bahamut's fiancee. I'll let him explain Bahamut, but I'm sure if you are on this site, you know who Bahamut is.

GONZLAMM

Smash Apprentice
Its the name of my friends skatepark ( which i get into for free ;) ) in Guatemala. His name being Alfredo Gonzales Lamm. Get it?

cF=)

Smash Lord
Mine's pretty easy.

cF are my name's initials and because I'm so cool I added some people will call a "smiley" at the end.
BUT only one person so far (Wak) said my name correctly. Like <3, =) can be separated to have a truly different and shocking meaning.

= stands for "equal" and ) for "close paranthesis". So in fact, I'm simply someone living in a world bounded with one limit... and the only limit I see to my hapiness and joy in life is the opposite, death.

Finally, there come the smiley aspect of my name, meaning that until I pass out, all my actions will try to lead me in a better and greater life, hapiness *=)* starting it all...

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
"hi, are you cF equal close paranthesis? yeah? oh you have a wack name!"

btw cf=) i wanna know how to access to the debate hall! ;>_<;

the first time i heard the word "wack", i was like... this MUST be my screen name!

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
dark_dragon8 - Dark dragon because it sounded cool to me when I made it up. It was better than my charizard user name back when Pokemon was in. Usually it is '88' as a suffix, because it is the year I was born in, but I just decided to do something a bit different for smashboards.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Riciardos- Well, my friends call me Rici, and when I first played Heroes of Might & Magic 3 I had to put up a username, then I saw some other characters name, and got 'ardos' out of that. Also my full name is Ricardo Schuller, put the s of Schuller at the end and you get Ricardos, and cause my friends call me Rici, it became Riciardos so I thought it was the perfect name for me, never changed it and use it everywhere.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I came up with mine way back sometime in 2000-2001 (at least that's the earliest records I have of it... I seem to remember it being before that though). Prior to that, I had gone by Ultimate_Gamer### or something generic like that. Basically, I just started to brainstorm for an original name that still described me in some way, and this is what I came up with. "Omni" is a greek prefix meaning "all" or "all-encompassing", and gamer for it's literal meaning. It also just sounded a bit powerful, which is another thing I was after. And so, Omnigamer came to be, and I've stuck to that name for every place I've registered since.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
It was a alliteration and it was catchy so there it went.

Now, I dearly regret the Falco part solely because I am now instantly associated with Falco.

RYUU-JIN882

Smash Cadet
Ryuu-jin means dragon god . I really like dragons and i like the japanese language. The 882 comes from two different things,. The 88 is the year I was born, 1988 and the 2 symbolizes my unwillingness to lead but that I still like to have some amount of responsibility.

ElDestructo

Smash Cadet
Mine's just the name I use for everything - it's a nickname my aunt gave me once. It stuck.

I recently found out that it is also the name of some band. But I'd never heard of them before.

MaijinLuu

Smash Cadet
my real name is luke by my friends call me luu (pronounced lou), so i got mine from dragon ball z majin buu so my friends started calling me majinluu.....the reason i put the I in is because there is another ID out there thats VERY close to mine so i had to change it up

Top Bottom