• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Falcos **** w/ standing laser. Falco Social Thread?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
pp,

go play hbk
I really want to. I've only played M2K in tournament once and would love to see if I know as much about Marth as I think I do. HBK is also too good and it would be really cool to play against him.

Oh, I just remembered I played him and Hazz in teams at Pound 4, but I want to play them both in singles a lot haha.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
What's the best thing to do when you dair/shine someone up and they land on a platform

I really dunno what to do, platforms have always been awkward for me, so I usually just go for a full hop nair or something ghey and I feel stupid :[

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It kind of depends on the character and %. Also do you mean that they DJ and land on a platform or just fall onto it and might tech?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So I guess it's a FF'er? Well then I'd try to get under the middle of the platform if I had time and then shine waveland/Bair as needed, but if you can't get under the platform in time then I would probably try to FH onto the platform and punish/pressure or SH under the platform and DJ punish if I could.

It's kind of a weird answer but tech chasing on platforms is weird sometimes.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i like to try to make them getup attack on platforms cuz its the easiest to punish
a few ways to do it are full jump and fast fall into them but right before landing on them, DJ out. many people will try to get up attack and you can DJ FF a dair
or you could run under the platform and empty short hop and they might getup attack.
strangely, running under the pltform and crouching also maes people get up attack lol.

if they dont fall for any of those baits, then i just try to bair whatever they do. falcos jumps are so gay sometimes

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I watched videos, and stopped them and thought about why someone got a hit or got hit when they did until I had totally dissected a match(of pros or myself). It's very good for understanding higher level play/your own play.

Also I would just think about situations a lot lol. That probably helped keep me enthusiastic or something I guess.

Also, Chops showed me stuff by whupping up on me at HERB 2 at the end of July last year. Big learning experience lol.
This is pretty much the biggest piece of advice I've ever seen go unnoticed.
This is legitimately how you get better, condensed into one post.

PB&J

Smash Hero
nite inspired me to play falco, pc showed me how to win with him, shiz showed me how to be the best with him, and chops showed me the ropes

Kanelol

Smash Lord
So I was bored today and went into training mode to see how high of a percentage I could shine bair at

I got 376% :D

inb4 people **** my meager record

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
So I was bored today and went into training mode to see how high of a percentage I could shine bair at

I got 376% :D

inb4 people **** my meager record
really cute... nice try.. but i can shine bair at 999%

...jk.. im just a really bad troll that is really bored..

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
One time Umbreon told me that Forward told him that Falco is the most affected character psychologically. When you feel confident, you ****, but if you lose your focus and get nervous then you get *****....moreso than other characters.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
pretty interesting

hmmm, i know falco is at the very least a momentum based character

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i've noticed that when a falco is playing with confidence, his mixups are off the charts.

everything from sheild pressure mixups, to dash dance baits, to grab mixups, everything is just on point.

when falco's arent playing with confidence, they fall back to basic laser->laser->nair and fall into basic DD traps, sheild grabs, WD back grab, etc and then get *****.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I've only played one person on a semi-competitive level (lolteenagersinthebasement), but I've noticed my Falco ***** way harder if I'm coming off a few 4 stocks with Fox or some sacred combo Falcon ****

JPOBS

Smash Hero
what gets my falco going most is, if i take the first stock, and then they respawn, if i manage to get a bread and butter ~60% combo on them before i die, I feel really confident and its just a trickle effect like that from stock to stock and i feel like i can win the game already.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i think that everyone is affected tremendously by confidence. i think it probably affects technical characters the most, because when you start losing the stress or nervousness makes you a little more likely to screw up, which leads to you either avoiding hard things and not maximizing your options or making little mistakes and getting punished. so, falco being a relatively more technical character than most, that's reasonable. i'd say fox is much worse though, at least in my experience.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
my main problem is keeping a lead, as I have just within the last month or two been getting 'good' in the eyes of pittsburghs smash upper echelon, it isn't uncommon for me to take first stock, but then my stock gets taken before i can even realise it, haha.

I am really good at bringing matches back, being down two stocks with the other person having 4, and atleast making it really close. hopefully this weekend i can get **** recorded, The Lake says he wants me to see my own approach because it is " sick/confusing as hell".

just gotta keep that forward tilt fresh.

D1

Banned via Administration
One time Umbreon told me that Forward told him that Falco is the most affected character psychologically. When you feel confident, you ****, but if you lose your focus and get nervous then you get *****....moreso than other characters.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
I feel the same with Fox sometimes as well...LOL.

Forward's the man so I take everything he says seriously.

He's like one of my first favorite Falcos before anyone else to be honest.

Having the honor to house him back in the day was an amazing experience. I learned so much, then I went to Brawl and lost it LOL. Its all good though, I think sometimes Brawl helps players get smarter too and less mindless about attacking all the **** time without any forethought.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I do agree with Forward because I feel like Falco is the easiest to fall into obvious laser patterns and telegraphed approaches with if you get psyched out. I don't main the other high tiers obviously, but I play some of them well and Falco still feels the hardest to control when I lose confidence.

Brawl actually helped me think through my actions a lot, buuuut it took some of my tech skill because I overthink button presses now lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
Fighting Falco is strange. Sometimes I can go like over a minute without hitting him, and sometimes its really easy. Idk if its the Falcos confidence or my own, but I don't experience this type of dynamic in many other matchups.

Smash Rookie
I haven't tried it, but I definitely believe Falco is psychologically affected.

Btw, I'm 425, and I'm just learning Falco right now, just working on SHL's and SHFFL'd aerials. I'm still not all too good at the technical stuff.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah i totally agree. i think falcon kinda shares the confidence issue... not as big as falcos though. if im ever down on myself or unconfident i usually find myself going fox..

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
yeah i totally agree. i think falcon kinda shares the confidence issue... not as big as falcos though. if im ever down on myself or unconfident i usually find myself going fox..
I agree with the Falcon living off the confidence factor. By far, since i use both, Falco is extremely reliant on the confidence. If you are, the moves just fall into place, and if you aren't, you just fall into the blast line.
That sort of deal.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the first thing to go when you lose your confidence in your laser game.

you start thinking your going to accidently side-B and sd. so you stop shooting lasers. Then, your opponent isnt as locked down as they should be and you get *****.

Top Bottom