• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Falcos **** w/ standing laser. Falco Social Thread?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
the first thing to go when you lose your confidence in your laser game.

you start thinking your going to accidently side-B and sd. so you stop shooting lasers. Then, your opponent isnt as locked down as they should be and you get *****.

Tru stori

10emoFalcos

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
today i was on a fountain of wetdreams platform and i dsmashed a fox (hitbox in head so he went straight up) then when he came down followed up with a platform canceled bair. it was sexy.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
if the marth is good at dealing with lasers, like consistent powershields, fair/grab out of powersheild, and fairing after being hit by lasers when airborn, then yea, imo, its falco's hardest matchup period.
this is on top of having perfect standard edgeguards and combos tho which every marth worth his salt should have anyway.

if the marth isnt good at those anti-laser things though then you should be beasting his face.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
if the marth is good at dealing with lasers, like consistent powershields, fair/grab out of powersheild, and fairing after being hit by lasers when airborn, then yea, imo, its falco's hardest matchup period.
this is on top of having perfect standard edgeguards and combos.

if the marth isnt good at those things though then you should be beasting his face.
i agree

tho it might be debatable with jiggs

Turazrok

Smash Master
I got JV5d once with falco. I have yet to play a decent falco since then.

And it was a psing Marth.

Emo falco is true story bizness.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i agree

tho it might be debatable with jiggs
it guess it depends. most falco hate fighting puff because they lose their typical laser spam usefulness and general combo game go out the window vs puff.

but personally, when i really think about it, puff also doesnt have a lot going for her vs falco.
Like, she loses almost ALL of her rest shenanigans. edgehog-> rest, duck rest, rest oos, uptilt rest, should never work on falco or rarely. upthrow rest doesnt even scare me because it is not hard to di that thing especially when you're looking out fr it, as you always should be. and all she can do is follow with pound or aerial, neither of which lead to anything (always tech away from puff, she literally cant follow up)
jab reset is tough but managable as long as you dont miss techs (i know, hard in practice)
rest out of side-b is the only one thats garunteed once you've commited to the b-over lol

otherwise, you never have to worry about any other kind of rest which plays to falco's strength imo
it leaves her with nothing but bair spam and edgeguards.
as far as edgeguards go, you should never ever be getting grabbed near the ledge by puff. if you are, you're doing it wrong. if you get edgeguarded cuz she hits you off with an aerial, nothign can be done about it.
aerial spam is tough to break thorough, but not impossible. also, because of falcos fall speed, he doesnt ge aerial combo'd the way marth/sheik/peach/falcon do until higher percents which is good.

I guess what im saying is, theres a bad taste in falco's mouths about the matchup because you have to play it differently. theres nothing "hard" about the matchup imo. as long as you dont get rested, jiggs cant do anything to you that other chars dont. In fact, she's worse at most things than marth/sheik/fox are. (ie. she cant get grabs or tech chase, or combo at low percents.) You just have to play it so slow

Marth is just stupid hard when he has his anti-laser game on point :(

marth > sheik/puff/fox >>> peach>>>>>> lolcon imo

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
it guess it depends. most falco hate fighting puff because they lose their typical laser spam usefulness and general combo game go out the window vs puff.

but personally, when i really think about it, puff also doesnt have a lot going for her vs falco.
Like, she loses almost ALL of her rest shenanigans. edgehog-> rest, duck rest, rest oos, uptilt rest, should never work on falco or rarely. upthrow rest doesnt even scare me because it is not hard to di that thing especially when you're looking out fr it, as you always should be. and all she can do is follow with pound or aerial, neither of which lead to anything (always tech away from puff, she literally cant follow up)
jab reset is tough but managable as long as you dont miss techs (i know, hard in practice)
rest out of side-b is the only one thats garunteed once you've commited to the b-over lol

otherwise, you never have to worry about any other kind of rest which plays to falco's strength imo
it leaves her with nothing but bair spam and edgeguards.
as far as edgeguards go, you should never ever be getting grabbed near the ledge by puff. if you are, you're doing it wrong. if you get edgeguarded cuz she hits you off with an aerial, nothign can be done about it.
aerial spam is tough to break thorough, but not impossible. also, because of falcos fall speed, he doesnt ge aerial combo'd the way marth/sheik/peach/falcon do until higher percents which is good.

I guess what im saying is, theres a bad taste in falco's mouths about the matchup because you have to play it differently. theres nothing "hard" about the matchup imo. as long as you dont get rested, jiggs cant do anything to you that other chars dont. In fact, she's worse at most things than marth/sheik/fox are. (ie. she cant get grabs or tech chase, or combo at low percents.) You just have to play it so slow

Marth is just stupid hard when he has his anti-laser game on point :(

marth > sheik/puff/fox >>> peach>>>>>> lolcon imo
Why should Jigg's up tilt->rest never work on Falco? My DI is probably just awful.

Also with Marth, what are the options one has when being comboed with aerials? I'm mainly wondering about DI and what you guys do in that situation.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
down and away if you're not too close to the side of the stage. if you're already close to the edge you're often just done for.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
rofl yeah. pathetic falco gets pathetically comboed by marth. but yeah i find if you di down and away you can try to force a tech roll which could help escape. but if you dont tech marth with just keep you in those fairs all dai. but marth can follow up a tech roll pretty easily... i liek dair. its suprise buttsecks

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
marth is okay. too much of it is foregone though. like, everytime either player successfully takes an opening, he's gonna do a lot of damage and/or kill. i like matchups that require more spacing and baiting and stuff most of the time. it is really exciting though, and requires a lot of precision... i dunno, i like pretty much every matchup, honestly.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
meeeh. i agree marth is pretty fun... but i think fun matchups go:
1. falcon
2. dittos
3. ganon
4. fox/marth
5. sheik
6. peach
7. jiggs
8. ic's

rest: irrelevant. cause they suck.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
really? i hate playing ganon. you have to camp too much.

i mean. i still like it, it's just my choices in friendlies tend to be play badly or bore my opponent to death. requires too much lasering.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah but you have to get an opening first, which is very hard against competent ganons.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I squandered guys. I'm sorry.

If you'll trust me after seeing CEO videos, then I promise I'll bring it back vs Hbox at Apex2 or something.

I learned a lot about fighting Fox last weekend from staying with Col Bol.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
I like playing ganon because you can camp or just play gutsy as hell and get in his face. It really tests your reflexes and it is very rewarding to shine ganon/c. falcon out of a stomp. Why do you guys like to fight Marth?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Why should Jigg's up tilt->rest never work on Falco? My DI is probably just awful.
well for starters, jiggs is almost never going to be on the ground, with her back too you, not sheilding. so the circumstance to set it up is just rare. second, you can CC it till pretty high percents and at higher percents where you cant, just DI away really easy.

marth is okay. too much of it is foregone though.
this.

the main reason i really dont like fighting marth is, its not really that fun. honestly, when you're playing a good marth, they rarely ever drop combos/edgeguards because marth by nature combo ***** falcos. so its like, once i get grabbed, its like 15-20 seconds of me getting knocked around, regardless of DI or tech, till i die. and he has like a billion setups to get grabs
not fun.

give me peach, fox, ganon and sheik anyday in terms of fun factor.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
marth is mad fun because the baiting required to get around his range allows for smart/imaginative play. Neither character can really auto pilot and expect to do well in the match up. (that's prolly how it is with most match ups but yu get what i mean)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
yeah macman that's basically the good thing. i like it because it's really demanding in terms of spacing and precision and mindgames, and getting a solid combo on a good marth is very satisfying. it is frustrating how little control you have when you're bieng comboed though -- it's always just like OH I CAN FINALLY GET OU-- oh, great, another fair...

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
my falco techskill has been constantly getting worse and worse lol.. i cant do as many multishines as consistantly as before lol...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Leaving for vacation in the morning. I'll be back Friday evening to help out with questions and whatnot again.

I have a funny feeling things will be just fine without me though haha. People are smart these days.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
part of me is wanting to practice tech skill.

another wants red dead redemption.

mogwai doesn't play league of legends with me anymore.

so i decided on breakfast. the most important thing, besides family.

Jartravious

Smash Journeyman
So I went to my first tournament which was also out of my region. It was tons of fun but the main thing I noticed was everyone could either play Falco or knew what to do against him. Falco experience is just easy to come by these days. How do you guys adjust and deal with that kind of pressure? I'm starting to contemplate switching characters which I would rather avoid.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Same thing with Fox, man. But, even if everybody knows, they're still top tier; tourney ranking-wise, they consistently rank higher. Sure, the Pretty Mango gets his puff 1st in everything he goes to, but Fox/Falco (mainly Fox, I think :p) rank higher overall. I mean, whatever you are, you just gotta be ****.

Top Bottom