• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Falcos **** w/ standing laser. Falco Social Thread?

unknown522

Some guy
Oh heck yeah Falco social thread! I approve D1. =)

My standing lasers suck btw. =(

I tend to write too much about myself when I get going so I'll try to keep this short:

My name is Kevin and I've been playing Melee since June/July 07. I started playing Melee as a Mario main(lol get at my old videos XD), and started focusing on Falco in early 08. I became the best player in NC I finally beat LoZR in tournament in January 09. Ironically, I did this at my first ever regional, Tipped Off 4 in GA(placed 4th there wooo) and won teams there as well, teaming with LoZR for the first time in my smash career haha.

I don't know what else to say without saying a lot lol.
lol, I remember that story word-for-word when you told me at pound 4. Also, lol @ our mario ditto.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
**** i shudda played way more people when i went to pound :/

i feel like i hardly played anyone :(

Yo!JinBro

Smash Rookie
Are introductions over already? Darn!
Hey everyone, I recently became a Falco enthusiast. Picked up Falco about a month ago (used to play Marth religiously. I still love Marth, but Falco's pillaring is so shiny *.*) and have been working on various techniques/finger excersizes when I'm bored. Haven't had too many chances to play anyone, though, with summer starting and friends being away.

I suck, but I like watching videos and reading advice threads and wishing I'll be able to do cool stuff one day.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
**** i shudda played way more people when i went to pound :/

i feel like i hardly played anyone :(
atleast you went! I had the chance, but I was like "lol ill go to my job instead" so i missed out watching everyone from pittsburgh having fun, and instead of possibly the greatest learning experience of my young melee career, i made 3 dollars in tips that whole weekend...

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Then TO a small little tournament in your home town/city

Ohio has some legit players; If you are too young to drive, just explain that, I am sure someone will pick you up when stuff goes down :B

Yo!JinBro

Smash Rookie

Ohio has some legit players; If you are too young to drive, just explain that, I am sure someone will pick you up when stuff goes down :B
That doesn't sound sketchy at all.

Turazrok

Smash Master
that doesn't sound sketchy at all.
wtf 2010 noobs johning about getting *****! When melee was at its prime you got ***** 2, 3 times a day? And did you whine about it? No! You said " thank you sir may i have another?"

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
anything falco related, same as other social threads. matchups are discussed, people ask questins and all that good stuff.

so who here can SOOS to WD? i can't just curious.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
shine out of sheild to wavedash?

i've been working on it. i dont really see it being that useful as falco though. at higher percents, shine bair is much better and at low percents, shine->dj Fastfall dair combos into other ridiculous falco stuff anyway.

i think waveshining out of sheild wont be that great for falco. but its definitely the next step in the fox metagame.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
at low percents, WD out of shine at that point is just as good as when your not doing it out of the shield first, wouldnt it be? That's basically saying that dj fastfall dair is better than waveshine in general!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yes and no

in theory i get what you're saying and it hadn't occured to me at first, after a few minutes deliberaton, i've came to the following conclusion:

firstly, i dont think shine Dj FF dair OOS is BETTER than wavedashing out, but for all intents and purposes, it doesnt hinder your combo ability because you can combo quite well out of it, so being able to waveshine isnt a necessesity is what i was getting at

second, waveshining is crucial for following up when your opponent gets good SDI on your shines. DJing kills your horizontal momentum pretty significantly so its difficult to chase di if you always jump out. The difference is, when you're combo'ing someone, they have ample time to input proper DI because they KNOW exactly whats coming. you dair'd/nair'd them, your next move is shine, they can prepare for it really well.

shining out of shield is slightly differen, you often do it in situations where your opponent is directly on top of your sheild, probably in the process of fastfalling (terrible DI input) or perhaps crossing you up with a flyby nair or something (again, not really that great DI inputting on their part). so you often land shines oos in situations where is very easy to DJ and land a falling dair into more shines/uptilts

anyway, now im starting to ramble. this is all from experience and watching vids. Not taking anything away from waveshining oos, thats obviously a great prospect too, but shine dj oos is one of those things as falco thats really easy and provides many of the same oppotunities as other "better" options.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I think waveshine OOS would be ****, but as JPOBS said, there is no real *need* for it. If you're on a platform stage you can as well chase their DI with shine > wavelands, and shine > Bair is a 100% secure combo if you do it fast enough at almost any percentage, isn't it? :O

Lol @ KK x)

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
avengerangel:

i think you can SDI the shine forward/up a little bit or something and get out. a marth i play with sometimes has gotten pretty good at DIing them forward so that I hit with the bair but not with the full strength of it, at least, and I presume you could get out entirely. i dont know if it's feasible in human play even if it's possible, though.

Kanelol

Smash Lord

Nah I got a friend or two that are like halfway interested in going to cincinnati or columbus for a smashfest or little tourney, the trick is getting them to steal their mom's car

And if that doesn't work out...

>_>

I don't drink Dr. Pepper

so who here can SOOS to WD? i can't just curious.
I think I can... Never tried with Falco. I can do it with Fox so it should be ezmode. Brb firing up the Wii

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Can anyone think of anything more technical then multishining? I went on a mission the past week to get everything technical completely down because I've no one to play, finally got consistent at shine grabs, multishining and Zhu dancing. Now I've run out of stuff : ( halp?

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
uhm, go watch chops laser, and laser like him. (IE isai drops nonstop, DJ FF double lasers aiming at the top and the ground, no laser inbetween the middle. drop through a plat while doing reverse laser has good use too. running off platforms with double lasers (EZmode), also running off the stage then doing a turnaround DJ double laser is good if they're far. Mastering lasers is really good. Keeps you in control of the match, or atleast helps alooooot.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i think accurately shine wavelanding in the middle of combos is probably harder and definitely more useful than multishining.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
being able to perform techskill in a vaccuum is pretty useless and not at all an indication of what you'll be able to do in a real match.

being able to think of something on the spot and just do it on reaction is much better than filling your muscle memory with junk.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
being able to think of something on the spot and just do it on reaction is much better than filling your muscle memory with junk.
Well what if you think of something to do, try to do it on reaction, and then can't because you have no muscle memory

:(

No doubt tech skill is useless without decent mental game, but condemning tech skill practice altogether seems a little silly

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i wrote about 5 different posts in response to that but they all come off elitest and stupid, i dont know how to express myself on this topic well lol.

w/e.
so ya..falco...he's pretty cool or something.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
i have the elitist without trying thing too. irritating :[

I see your point though, im not disagreeing with you

falco is sorta cool

EDIT: did you guys know that shine bair --> uair actually works

Vyke

Smash Champion
It's all about the forward tilt, that should be the only move falco uses.

edit - this is WEMP >.>

Top Bottom