• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Falcos **** w/ standing laser. Falco Social Thread?

D1

Banned via Administration

EGGM VS. CHOPZ SPOC 9!

****!

We need a Falco Social thread. Can this be it Mogwai-san? I wanna be random w/ fellow Falco mains ^_^ without the fear of getting infracted.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i agree we do need a social thread. fox boards has like 2-3 active ones.

saw that standing laser in that match, i lol'd. chops is something else.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I would have a reason to post in the falco boards finally if this is the falco social.

HoWdY Yall, i be WEMP, I had humble brawl beginnin's in texas, but graduated to melee after moving to the east coast.

little brother!

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Hi I'm Kane and I'm an alco--

Uh.

Sup, I'm Kane. I used to play Fox, then remembered it was kind of gay and I like ****** combos more. Now I'm here. <3 Falco and Falco mains

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Been rocking the standing laser edgeguard for 2 years.
sooo good

Sup, I'm MDZ and I'm probably not coming back to this board in the next 2 months. See ya then

Nah I'll support D1s thread <3

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Does anyone know how Falco's Fair works
Because it doesn't seem physically possible
He's doing some kicks and it seems like his bottom half rotates like a corkscrew

Kanelol

Smash Lord
if you look at it frame by frame you see he whips his upper half around every two kicks

or he's a robot, idk

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Man you're right
I'm pretty sad that the hitbox thing I have doesn't show Falco's hitboxes, I really wanna know how far the Dsmash hitboxes go ....

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
REALLY far. i saw a friendly of PC v Cort once where PC edgeguarded peach with dsmash. like, it outprioritized the umbrella.

D1

Banned via Administration
Glad to see there's traffic!

Laser spammers UNITE!

My name is D1. I been playing competitive smash since late 04/early 05. I reside in NYC. Back then I used to attend MLGs and crap and I guess I was a semi-pro but never fully fledged pro, I always wanted to work towards that...but school, and many other responsibilities hindered me from ever being able to travel as much as I wanted to. I'm happy now that I'm older and outta school I can actually do this now. At first I was a Brawl player too, but I dunno...the game sucks...and I keep quitting and coming back to it...but now I think its about time I just stayed all Melee.

Plus...you Melee cats are hella fun and less whiny. We don't even have to worry about random MKs that picked up the game yesterday beating us in tourney ^_^!

I guess I said too much ^_^?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Ah we doin introductions.. lol

My name is MattDotZeb. My real name is Matt (I wish it wasn't. Mindgames), and I'm 18. Went to my first tournament in August '05. One week after learning what a wavedash was. Went to MLG and various tournaments. Currently ranked the best Falco/Player in MA (Not saying much..). I've kept with smash my entire teenage life. So I'm relatively knowledgeable.

I said the same amount as you D1 <3
Bombsoldier for my favorite Falco.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
wow, I have never seen introductions before on the opening of a social thread.

I would like to take 98% of the credit for that idea ( remaining 2% goes to sweet rachel, she needs something to deal with her debuffs in CS [poor poor rachel D; ] )

And since falco's moves were brought up, what do you see Falco's dtilt as, I always thought it was his buff *** tail feathers, but some of pittsburgh thinks hes doing a sweep kick.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
My name is Doomblaze, and ive been a falco main since last year, i used to main marth before that but he got boring after i tried to play falco, so here i am. I played brawl when it came out but i realized metaknight was ghey, and when i'd play my falco friends in friendlies they would camp me with lasers the whole time (surprisingly difficult to deal with when phantasm out-prioritizes every single one of marths moves) so it was basically dumb. I've never really played competitive melee but after school ends ima start going to tourneys cause that **** is hype.

I think his downtilt is really powerful tailfeathers that cause a shockwave in the ground, the recoil of which does around 13 damage and sends you high in the sky. Falco is totally a robot chicken, how else could he Dair (and flutterhush) like that?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Uh. My name is pretty apparent. I've been playing competitively since '05, I think. maybe '06. I main falco. i tried to main fox for a while because it's more fun, but it's way too hard... also i grew to like some falco matchups more, so that went into it. i played brawl for like 6 months and then gave up because it was awful.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
hahaha my voice is very sad right now because i have another final tomorrow as well as a paper due and i am going crazy. it will be happier tomorrow evening!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh heck yeah Falco social thread! I approve D1. =)

My standing lasers suck btw. =(

I tend to write too much about myself when I get going so I'll try to keep this short:

My name is Kevin and I've been playing Melee since June/July 07. I started playing Melee as a Mario main(lol get at my old videos XD), and started focusing on Falco in early 08. I became the best player in NC I finally beat LoZR in tournament in January 09. Ironically, I did this at my first ever regional, Tipped Off 4 in GA(placed 4th there wooo) and won teams there as well, teaming with LoZR for the first time in my smash career haha.

I don't know what else to say without saying a lot lol.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I was watching PP/LoZR vs SS/Darkrain yesterday
In one of the matches LoZR upsmashes PP + another Falcon
Hearing simultaneous OOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH was ... pretty funny :laugh:

I'm Wenbo
I used to main Falcon but he's too hard for me so now I'm learning a broken character instead :lick:

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
@Niko I just read your post, then looked at your avatar, and realized I don't think Riley knows that Nas ****. Riley is not a real Falco.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
riley would def play falco,

huey would be a marth main or some ****
edit: uncle ruckus would be a marth main too

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
falco doesn't need mindgames. that *****'s got a gun. i think riley would play cfal though cause he's always in it for the thrills.

uncle ruckus would never play marth. he would play like zelda because only the white man should play sheik or some ****.

Handorin

Smash Hero
This is legit. I think I'll post here for awhile =D

Midsouth represent! xD

pony of endless death

Smash Rookie
I am an evil horse, coming at the forefront of apocalypse to reap souls and bring hell to this world.

All falcos... will fall...

Animal

Smash Lord
huey would play sheik fosho. gangstalicious would play captain fabulous lol. PP you started in 07?!? how the *** did you get so good so quickly? ahh i guess ive gotten drastically better since traveling also. Even though i still dont travel that much

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I watched videos, and stopped them and thought about why someone got a hit or got hit when they did until I had totally dissected a match(of pros or myself). It's very good for understanding higher level play/your own play.

Also I would just think about situations a lot lol. That probably helped keep me enthusiastic or something I guess.

Also, Chops showed me stuff by whupping up on me at HERB 2 at the end of July last year. Big learning experience lol.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
sup
names jpobs, pronounced jay-pawbs.

umm..i live in the bahamas and go to school in canada. Been playign melee forever but only started going to tournies in late 08 when i went to school in the frozen tundra cuz the community where i live is dead.

started out playing Link and learned to L-cancel. So i had link raw unbridled power combined with sonic-esque speed and was quickly beasting on all my friends. Then i saw ken vs bombsolider at JGT and OG forward vids and never looked back.

i dual main fox and falco for different reasons and play whichever one i feel like, im equally confident in both.

Niko45

Smash Master
PP is really inspirational as far as getting really good really fast goes. I do that same **** with stopping vids/watching the same vids over and over again.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
ohaaai falco social thread... this is cooool.

my name is Kason (case-on, not case-in, i cant stress that enough) and i r main falco(n) and i used fox... but i think im gonna drop him for doc (lolwtf) i live in canada and have played melee since like... 07 or something but have just been playing competitively for over a year. ****s hella fun.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Is this a social thread or some sort of Falco induction thread?

Well Red's only been playing Falco for like half a year or something, maybe a bit longer, I can't remember. And pretty much all of us in Wilmington have played Falco at some point, or are considering Falco. (Hell even blackchris who just comes down to Wilm sometimes. That's our influence.) Oh yeah and I suck, but go play Slasherking or somethin.

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
We have to make our first page look mad wack so the other boards dont try to enter, introductions will scare all the scrubs away. Its quite elaborate mindgames actually

Top Bottom