• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Real Falcos **** w/ standing laser. Falco Social Thread?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Meh, red Falco sucks :x

The only red Falcos that come to my mind are Calle W, Hiko and Eggm. And... PC Chris, maybe? Just sometimes :O

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i play falco and fox... my falcon is a disgrace though. i just cannot figure out how to do good things with him. no matter how much i play or watch videos i just cannot play falcon well :(

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Dr. PP:

I'm watching your vids from NC: Splash! finally. I have a couple thoughts.

1) one time vs. tope you daired and landed behind his shield and then dashed away and back in and grabbed. any reason you didn't shine->turnaround->grab? like, was there a reason or did you just not think of it?

2) I was nervous watching the beginning of your set against tope but then you turned it around and *****. good ****.

3) your use of utilt is beautiful.

4) your marth is looking really good

5) i know you're a vastly (VASTLY) superior player to me and have stated that you disagreed with this before, but i just can't understand or accept your use of jab and, sometimes, dash attack. jab just seems too punishable. is there some reason you use it a lot? do you have some way of telling when or against whom it's safe?

I like dash attack at the edge to stop firebird sweetspots, but otherwise it seems like you tend to land dash attacks when you could have relatively easily gotten off a more effective move.

6) i love shine off stage -> get back on stage edgeguard vs spacies. props.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
jab can be both a gift and a curse

if u catch people while they are trying to do certain actions, (jumping out of sheild as a small example) it can REALLY mess with their timing and throw them off hella hard.

but i agree its not that good for lots of reasons but i havent seen the vids so i cant comment.
as for dash attack, i havent dash attacked on purpose with falco since like 05

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dr. PP:

I'm watching your vids from NC: Splash! finally. I have a couple thoughts.

1) one time vs. tope you daired and landed behind his shield and then dashed away and back in and grabbed. any reason you didn't shine->turnaround->grab? like, was there a reason or did you just not think of it?

2) I was nervous watching the beginning of your set against tope but then you turned it around and *****. good ****.

3) your use of utilt is beautiful.

4) your marth is looking really good

5) i know you're a vastly (VASTLY) superior player to me and have stated that you disagreed with this before, but i just can't understand or accept your use of jab and, sometimes, dash attack. jab just seems too punishable. is there some reason you use it a lot? do you have some way of telling when or against whom it's safe?

I like dash attack at the edge to stop firebird sweetspots, but otherwise it seems like you tend to land dash attacks when you could have relatively easily gotten off a more effective move.

6) i love shine off stage -> get back on stage edgeguard vs spacies. props.
1. I don't do that stuff haha, but I need to work on it. I guess I just...figured he might react to a shine and not a DD grab....if that makes sense? Sometimes you just know.

2. =)

3. I LOVE THAT MOVE

4. I hope I get to record it more. I realllllly like playing Marth.

5. Nah I know I use jab a liiiiittle too much.....but I believe they have their uses. It's too fast of a move not to be at least a somewhat decent mixup at times, and if you land it when they don't DI/etc then you can get cool stuff off(jab works well on puff for reasons unknown to me at this point).

As for dash attack, I really like the angle it sends people at. Anything above me around there means possible Bairs. Oh and it's definitely a gamble, but anything that speeds Falco up on the ground(which he needs so badly) is something I'm looking for.

What more effective move(I'm not necessarily disagreeing here....I know I do overuse it at times)?

6. Yeah sometimes it stage spikes too when they DI in. Fun times.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
i really don't know what more effective move to use in place of when you use jab. i think, like, DD grab or something is probably the most honest answer. if you have scoped out your opponent and decided they don't CC out of habit/on reaction consistently, it makes sense.

It's like, the possible payoff is a bair or sometimes fsmash, which can be good, but the risk is that you get grabbed, and, being falco, that's an extremely high risk for what seems like too little reward to me.

I don't know. I get CC grabbed out of **** near every jab I put out there against my friend who plays marth. Maybe i'm just being stupidly predictable, but it just seems like an unsound strategy to me.

as for dash attacks: i was actually talking more about your fox with that one, oops. against his falco you were sometimes tech chasing with dash attack and it looked to me like you could have gotten a grab off or pushed him off stage. i havent noticed any overuse of it with your falco.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sometimes I'll time the dash attack to go past them or into them if I think they'll shield so they might whiff the grab anyway. =p

I don't like jabbing vs Marth unless I'm right up against him. Let's him grab me too easily otherwise.

Yeah my Fox may have overused it a tad. I don't play him much in tourney or vs Falco so I'm working out the kinks on that one haha. I'll keep that in mind though.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
jab is good vs puff cuz it pops her up and u can get silly things like free dairs or bairs as falco, and upsmash as fox lol

dash attack ***** so rediciulously hard as fox when u use it above like 80% it either pops them up into the air for free upsmash kills (marth/ganon/peach/samus etc)

or they crouch cancel it but get knocked down and tech chased. soooo good.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
imo falcos need to use uair more against spacies and falcon.

it ***** fox sooo hard when you get the hitbox without the smacking sound. sweet spot.. i guess lol.
it also does pretty good against falco
as for falcon i just use it when i wanna be fancy.. but its still pretty good.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
yeah thats very true.

thats one of the reasons why i am trying to completely eliminate fox from my list of characters lol... hes such a gay turd and i dont like having to resort to him in tournys. falco and falcon all dai

JPOBS

Smash Hero
imo falco's upair is really meh

i find it sends them at stupid awkwad angles when they di it and they go really far and i have trouble following it up with anything productive, and worst on platform stages cuz thy tech it and get away

i like to go for weak nairs/bairs in similar situations cuz they combo better to me

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Anytime I could Uair(unless they're teching above me or something like that), I always wished I dair'd someone into the ground.

And then I do that and feel very satisfied.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
the '**** the **** out of falcon' combo

use esp on FD.

get a shine somehow (off a dair shine or however) -> dair shine him twice more -> after the last shine, u-air -> you can follow with a nair, fair, or a weak bair -> they usually DI horribly after the aerial (but with fair and weak bair i dont think the DI has to even be that bad) and so they are EASILY set up for an fsmash -> edgeuard

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
the '**** the **** out of falcon' combo

use esp on FD.

get a shine somehow (off a dair shine or however) -> dair shine him twice more -> after the last shine, u-air -> you can follow with a nair, fair, or a weak bair -> they usually DI horribly after the aerial (but with fair and weak bair i dont think the DI has to even be that bad) and so they are EASILY set up for an fsmash -> edgeuard
weaks bair to fsmash is the ****.

its soooo fox

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
sorry for double post.

what should my girlfriends smash alias be. she cant come up with one.
she mains fox.
discuss about name ideas.

not stupid name ideas... ok well i guess stupid names ARE funny

EDIT: omgeee 519th post

D1

Banned via Administration
Its been a while since I've posted here. I've been focusing alot more on Marth, Fox, Shiek...but I just started back on using Falco again since I realized I'm black and love shooting. its just in my nature.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
yea, you really should. it's just you and Mathos as far as I know.

real falcos like D1, Shiz, Zhu, Sneak, Mogwai, StrycNyn3 and Mango are all black guys. [bold]prog is whiter than wonder bread.[/bold]

p.s. someone make me care about this game again, I sorta miss it :(
i'll make you care about it again. but i have to get to level 30 in LOL first.

Top Bottom