• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my marth

orintemple

Smash Lord
You play Marth?!

What a "gay" style :p

Seriously I love it!

That was awesome. You are inspiration to everyone that a simple playstyle with GODLY spacing and timing can win matches.

Velox

Smash Ace
Didn't watch these, but previous Drephen-Marth-Exhibits were awesome. Better than his Sheik I'm sure.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
I think you have to switch up your style more often because eventually, you'll become easily predicted by people who play with you often. You might want to do it as a mid game or last stock thing.

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'd rate it at 9 out of 10. It may not be as technical as others and you don't look too comfortable playing marth but you abuse his advantages and make it work. Kinda boring to watch a marth with no flashiness though.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I like your marth.
You play very... "old school" I'd say, not really flashy, but you really get the job done.
Only problem is I see your marth gets a little TOO campy and defensive try not to feel as pressured but either way it's a top notch marth. Sometime when I play against falcos and I feel pressured I find sheild up-B pretty effective if the falco doesn't watch it, it's an easy gimp kill.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Drephen, you have easily the most minimalist Marth style I've seen in in the pros (I already had two of these in the Marth video archive). I am sure it is very deceptive, and very frustrating to play in person.

And I'm sure placing 5th at VLS and OC3 as well as 7th at FCD (I believe) makes you exempt from any ratings ;)

Drephen

Smash Master
Drephen, you have easily the most minimalist Marth style I've seen in in the pros (I already had two of these in the Marth video archive). I am sure it is very deceptive, and very frustrating to play in person.

And I'm sure placing 5th at VLS and OC3 as well as 7th at FCD (I believe) makes you exempt from any ratings ;)
4th at FCD

=)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
One of the greatest Marths Ive ever seen. I can only think of Ken and Azen as any better at the moment.... but then again, thats all who I know as Marth Players (Yes, I ignore pretty much anyone who isnt the best as that character, wait, does that mean I ignore myself!?!?!?!?). I rate you a good 9/10, you are GREAT, but there is always room for improvement. I believe I saw you trying to do a Ken Combo somewhere, you got 2 fairs but the didnt go too far......
But hey, your better than me, so why am I commenting?

lolomgwtfbbq

Smash Apprentice
MMMM... I love fsmash spammy marths, so fun to watch. especially since they were rather well spaced. That tipper sound is orgasmic. If I was darkrain I woulda been really pissed off after that match lol.

Drephen

Smash Master
man its interesting how i get so many complements on smashboards but all the youtube comments are saying how i suck and how everyone could beat me lol

Velox

Smash Ace
10 out of 10 for the Marth. Close enough to perfect anyways. A Marth that would place top 10 in a national tournament for sure IMO.

Edit*** Drephen, I think you know why the youtube comments are so ********. You know where you stand I'm sure.

brendol

Smash Cadet
7/10. u need to wavedash more. u look like such a noob when u do it so little lol. dont worry youll get better

IrArby

Smash Ace
Ok to be frank, Ugliest Marth I've ever seen on a "Pro". First match your gameplay consisted almost exlusively of Fsmash, Second Match (the ugliest perhaps most undeserved comeback ever), Fsmash/Dash Attack.

Seriously, 3rd match :17, Straight no DDing/Foxtrotting ran up to Jiano and excuted possibly the worst spaced dash attack concievable that can still hit. You got easy ShieldGrabbed for it, teched and escaped then dropped your shield so as to get Raptor Boosted from halfway across the stage. At 1:07, Jiano rolled after you baited him with a dash. The thing is, your were well within his (Falcon's non-existent) grab range by this time. Honestly, I don't think I've ever rooted for a Falcon in a Falcon/Marth matchup but I was overjoyed to see you get Kneed at 2:07. At 2:54 Jiano watches as you misjudge a Dashing Grab (not a JC grab) right in his face and waits for you to CC before he jabs once. 3:00 a completly blatantly missed Shield Grab by Jiano. The very last match speaks for itself. I'm just really disapointed right now.

I read your sig before seeing the matches seriously thinking that M2K was exaggerating. Every opponent seems to somehow get dumber when versing you. Not saying I'm really great and would beat you but . . . IDK what to say. I can't believe you win.

Drephen

Smash Master
Ok to be frank, Ugliest Marth I've ever seen on a "Pro". First match your gameplay consisted almost exlusively of Fsmash, Second Match (the ugliest perhaps most undeserved comeback ever), Fsmash/Dash Attack.

Seriously, 3rd match :17, Straight no DDing/Foxtrotting ran up to Jiano and excuted possibly the worst spaced dash attack concievable that can still hit. You got easy ShieldGrabbed for it, teched and escaped then dropped your shield so as to get Raptor Boosted from halfway across the stage. At 1:07, Jiano rolled after you baited him with a dash. The thing is, your were well within his (Falcon's non-existent) grab range by this time. Honestly, I don't think I've ever rooted for a Falcon in a Falcon/Marth matchup but I was overjoyed to see you get Kneed at 2:07. At 2:54 Jiano watches as you misjudge a Dashing Grab (not a JC grab) right in his face and waits for you to CC before he jabs once. 3:00 a completly blatantly missed Shield Grab by Jiano. The very last match speaks for itself. I'm just really disapointed right now.

I read your sig before seeing the matches seriously thinking that M2K was exaggerating. Every opponent seems to somehow get dumber when versing you. Not saying I'm really great and would beat you but . . . IDK what to say. I can't believe you win.
rofl @ being "ugly"

You are probably the most ignorant person in this thread lol

money match? Cause i would love taking money from you =)

S.D. said:
I think you need to forward smash more
i agree

VA

Smash Hero
What can be said about drephen except that he uses the right attacks at the right time, why bother with being a flashy ****. He's like the polar opposite of Silent Wolf and serves as a reminder that smash can be played with mindgames, timing and spacing to an extremely high level. Drephen can you be really technical? I mean I see you do some of the tech skill occasionally, is that you are only technical when necessary or that you don't have a huge amount of tech skill?

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
The lack of forward smashes was just sad. You had plenty of opportunities to forward smash and I didn't see any. You need to watch more Marth vids, so you can see how true Marth players spam forward smash.

Good dashing dancing. Oh and your spacing was good. But I dunno...you need to practice more. I'd say more forward smash, yeah practice those. =P

On a serious note, nice Marth. Pretty smart. That's my input.

Drephen

Smash Master
What can be said about drephen except that he uses the right attacks at the right time, why bother with being a flashy ****. He's like the polar opposite of Silent Wolf and serves as a reminder that smash can be played with mindgames, timing and spacing to an extremely high level. Drephen can you be really technical? I mean I see you do some of the tech skill occasionally, is that you are only technical when necessary or that you don't have a huge amount of tech skill?
yeah i got tech skill, but no more than your standard fox/falco player

i still can't turn around needle cancel with shiek :(

soap

Smash Hero
yeah i got tech skill, but no more than your standard fox/falco player

i still can't turn around needle cancel with shiek :(
u have ridiculous timing with shield grabs, throwing instantly, reacting to techs, sidestepping on reaction, and just doing moves in general.

I consider all that tech skill too, and u are above average in all those departments

you just dont move very sexy, but you get yourself where u need to be.

Top Bottom