• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Random Thoughts That Might Help (#5 up)

∫unk

Smash Master
Lesson 2 is great. Maybe later lesson should explain the many possibilities of an unexpected DS. As it has so many uses.
*Situation: DSF is at 180% and sees me waiting in my shield.*
DSF: You really want that Up B huh?
Junk: ...
*goes to do something else*

Good players always expect the DS. They play/space around it. They even bait it so they can hit you with their own death move... but yes DS is really really good if they make a spacing mistake.

so if you are fighting someone like squirtle or ness, who have pretty beefed up throws, what would you do instead of shield? I know squirtle can kill you at less than 150% in most places with his D throw, along with Ness with his B throw. would you throw in some retreating fairs? I am more curious about a quick character like squirtle.
I would not stay on the ground like some others recommend, because that opens up the possibility of being grabbed. All they would need to do is bait a d-tilt and either shield it or just grab you in your lag (or both).

I've only played Typh (Pro PT :D) in one tournament set but what I did was just stayed on the platforms from ~100%. If you're spacing on the platforms for a while their f-air will be stale so it won't be able to kill you.

Don't jump unless he jumps so you can shield immediately on the platforms. If he does happen to hit your shield and your near the edge of a platform immediately u-air as you get knocked off (it will hit him).

If you're on a platform squirtle can only kill you with a fresh f-air, fresh u-air, and sliding u-smash. If you see him jump onto the platform immediately jump or run away so you don't get grabbed.

Retreating sh rising f-air then double jumping to a safe platform is also really good if you get stuck on the bottm.

Ness is kinda different because he also has a super strong aerial (b-air), but it's really slow so you should see it coming.

OHH YOU SEE THAT? JUNK? GET *****

jk
edited so I don't look like I came in here to be an ***.
...? It's no secret that I used to get 3-stocked by everyone :D

See my sig for my current situation.

If I'm correct I think it had something to do recovering far off stage. I could be wrong, but if I'm right I won't spoil it. =b
That's not it at all but IM me... I'm curious as to why you thought that :p

Added this to the OP Lesson #2:

If you have no idea how to DI... at least hit up (unless its a vertical death move) so you have a much easier time recovering.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
That's not it at all but IM me... I'm curious as to why you thought that :p
lol, I remember you telling me about someone(maybe it was Bardull?) tell you to save your second jump. I'm probably wrong about it but I thought you said it was "some of the best advice you'd ever gotten" or something. lol.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Next Lesson - The best advice DSF ever gave Me

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You didn't even post anything.

Hey every one this guys a big fat phoney! lol
Doesn't it update on mondays? >> I thought this monday it updated with lesson two lol
But....

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
No johns, phony.

Just kidding, but I'm looking forward to seeing the next one.

Even if it isn't related to your next lesson, saving your double jump is so useful.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I tend to save my double jump then use it when DS is already in range due to auto grab -___- then I screw myself over when I get knocked out even further... I need to not get hit XD

DJMirror

Smash Master
I got ***** and got jv5 stocked by zhu's marth and falcon...in melee so beat that junk

Btw the lesson number 2 is pretty helpful

Mighty_mo76

Smash Apprentice
Hey Junk. Its been a while since I've posted on the boards.

You've changed. You seem to know your place better. I like that.

I hope you get what you want from playing Brawl.

Nice thread.

^_^

∫unk

Smash Master
"You seem to know your place better."

You chose one of the worst ways to phrase that if you meant it as a compliment.

Everyone: Thank you for the compliments :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Junk, it's Monday in the Oriental, I want my lesson. It may apply to Toon Link me in an inspirational way.

Thanks.

DJMirror

Smash Master
No J4pu it's freaking party time! and Junk did DSF tell you it's ok to play gay cuz i'm pretty sure he told me to play gay and be ok with it

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Junk gave up his computer for the quarter to focus on school work and other real life things. I doubt this thread will be updated until then.

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
Junk gave up his computer for the quarter to focus on school work and other real life things. I doubt this thread will be updated until then.
Sucks, but what can we do about schoolwork? Best to get it done first...

Though I like your teaching methods and the way you word things. Hell, I just like Class with Junk in general. Certainly makes you think a bit more next time you get into some of the situations more he described - at least I think so
>.>
<.<

am I the only one? I hope not.

Though I was half-expecting something on getting DSes in, though that would likely just have to fall into mindgames and/or playstyle. Oh well.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
DS shouldn't be used too much unless your opponent is really bad at spacing and/or makes a mistake where you should obviously use it. It's far too risky to just throw it out there and good players will try to bait it.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
NOESSSSS!!!! yoshi is obviously god tier!

trash in the trunk r u coming to whobo? :p

Top Bottom