• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

-Ran

Smash Master
I really should :/

Anybody have any tips on how to play consistent? I was playing like crap at the last tourney (despite getting 4th) and I'm probably one of the most inconsistent people I know. People know when I "sandbag," but I never really sandbag on purpose, and I usually don't know how to STOP sandbagging when I am :/
I'm a very consistent player [though my skill level isn't even close to semi-pro yet], mostly due to one thing I normally do in a match. Whenever I lose a stock when I'm doing poorly, I take my hands off of the controller for a moment, scratch my chin in thought, and figure out what I'm doing wrong in the ten or so seconds that I have. Most of the time it ends up being something incredibly dumb such as starting a dash too close to my opponent's range which gives them the ability to hit me before I could power shield.

Or maybe I was misjudging the range on their one spacing move and kept trying to shield grab it, or I was utilizing the wrong means of punishing for a situation. I just try to figure out what I was doing, and approach the next stock differently.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Try playing a bad character and ALWAYS BEING AT A DISADVANTAGE. It'll help get you in the, I need to try this match, mindset. I think everyone should have a high/top tier and a low/bottom tier main.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Oooh, definitely can't make it there. Traveling across the whole US. I look forward to vids of it though. My low tier main would be Samus. She's so fun to use/missile-zair spam. Heavy, floaty, but not so much strength. Da** the nair nurf!

Exia 00

Smash Champion
My Snake is boss! but really campy lol :colorful:

Oh, about consistency, I usually have a play list on my Ipod for smash. It sounds weird but it helps me lol It's hard to sandbag to epic music :colorful:

Since this is a social thread... Do any of you listen to music while playing smash ? (besides in game music)

:023:

-Ran

Smash Master
If I listen to anything, it'll be random music that's played on HappyHardcore. I don't like listening to music I know when I actually play a match. Lol.

Wild ARMs

Smash Journeyman
Colonel: *points at Meta-Knight* Snake? Do you know who this is?

Snake: You're kidding, right? It's Mario...

Otacon: That's a Yoshi. It's a dinosaur from Yoshi's Island.

Snake: Are you sure he's not a penguin?

Colonel: ...

(Sorry, thought I'd just put some random codec quotes out there. )

Nic64

Smash Lord
Since this is a social thread... Do any of you listen to music while playing smash ? (besides in game music)
I used to...I think it makes me play better but then I miss things, like another Snake saying "NOW!" x_x

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Hello: My first post here in the Social thread (and first post in the snake forum in awhile).

So much talk about texture hacks... I've been getting into the music side of hacking brawl. I've done a few Metal Gear tracks and mixed them into the game. I'll share them later. I'm not at home right now, and all the tracks are on my home PC. It's just epic to have a Snake ditto to the Metal Gear Saga.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
I used to...I think it makes me play better but then I miss things, like another Snake saying "NOW!" x_x
LMAO! That would suck :laugh: I'm surprised that has never happened to me yet. :p

@Karmacide: You better have Snake Eater with lyrics on there! >:p

:023:

-Ran

Smash Master
Indeed he is. Btw, I've been watching many of your videos Afro in preparation for LAST. I'm in your base, stealin' your ****.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Nice avatar karmacide. Using the fork in MGS3 was funny. Nah, i don't listen to my own music when brawlin. Mostly cause i just found out how to listen to your own musics. It's pretty cool switching the red AV cable with another one connected to a music player or burning a disc with song hacks. I don't think I'd burn a disc just for music hacks though :/

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Green snake is old school and manly.
Oh SNAP Afro speaks!

I don't like music very much personally and especially not while playing Smash. Also, the pause and think thing is how I beat really good players but doesn't really help with my consistency.

-Ran

Smash Master
Do you record yourself when you play? Furthermore, do you have someone that you trust to be honest with you about what you're doing wrong, rather than saving that information to use against you in a tournament?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
its so weird to check the boards and actually have activity outside of the O&A

I guess people are naturally attracted to Social threads

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hello: My first post here in the Social thread (and first post in the snake forum in awhile).

So much talk about texture hacks... I've been getting into the music side of hacking brawl. I've done a few Metal Gear tracks and mixed them into the game. I'll share them later. I'm not at home right now, and all the tracks are on my home PC. It's just epic to have a Snake ditto to the Metal Gear Saga.

I have something dumb to discuss. To me, it seems like snake's ftilt and utilt were intended to have the range they do because its not just one move that they might have ****ed up on, its two. But teh question is, why and how do they have this range?

I think utilt is snakes junk coming out and slapping people, because its that big and hits that hard. Teh ftilt is beyond me though @_@

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Nice avatar karmacide. Using the fork in MGS3 was funny. Nah, i don't listen to my own music when brawlin. Mostly cause i just found out how to listen to your own musics. It's pretty cool switching the red AV cable with another one connected to a music player or burning a disc with song hacks. I don't think I'd burn a disc just for music hacks though :/
Thanks. I caught me a Luigi! I wonder how he tastes.

I don't like the AV cable switching technique. You lose stereo sound capability and the music keeps playing even if the match is over. I hack the ISOS and use USB loader so I don't waste discs. That and the game loads way way faster. I don't ever want to go back to my brawl disc.
I have something dumb to discuss. To me, it seems like snake's ftilt and utilt were intended to have the range they do because its not just one move that they might have ****ed up on, its two. But teh question is, why and how do they have this range?
I've discussed this with my friends before. I think they accidentally made Snake too big when they started and shrunk him. It explains why his hitboxes are stupid, why he's do heavy, and why his grenades are so big.
I think utilt is snakes junk coming out and slapping people, because its that big and hits that hard.
:laugh::laugh: I almost want to sig this.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
jesus an 02 member =0

I think utilt is snakes junk coming out and slapping people, because its that big and hits that hard. Teh ftilt is beyond me though @_@
10 bucks on nanomachines.

If you've ever played an MGS game, you'd know that they can do anything.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
jesus an 02 member =0

Why do you think he's called "Snake"? His junk is probably the size of a python.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
syx, I should be coming to Genesis :) We'll have to MM for sure

Also, I'm going to be going to the Mid West Circuit Championship in Ohio on June 20th. How many snake mains are going to be there? I'd like to MM as many of you as possible :)

Ran, what i do, is I have a really good friend critique me. We both play together a ton, and every little thing we notice we point out to each other. Every little bad habit, every flaw, anything we're not doing. Everything. Because of how we've done that, I would say that's the main reason I'm any good. So just find someone you trust and have them critique you. also, if you're able to record yourself, critiquing your own videos can be helpful as well.

I have a question of my own. When would you say someone is considered semi pro/pro/etc?

Nic64

Smash Lord
o_O at some of the music hack things...I would normally just wear headphones

10 bucks on nanomachines.

If you've ever played an MGS game, you'd know that they can do anything.
It wasn't THAT bad until MGS4, but yeah, the ftilt? It was the nanomachines.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Too hilarious haha. Kinda gross in a way too, haha. Getting meat slapped in the face till death.

I hack the ISOS and use USB loader so I don't waste discs. That and the game loads way way faster. I don't ever want to go back to my brawl disc.
?! I've searched the forums for this and could never find the codes (seeing as the search function brought unrelated threads). I trust the USB loader is for using the SD card? Phantomwing's v2.1 code doesn't require the USB loader codes, so I never found it.

I would not MM at this point, unless it was $1. For me, it's like giving money away :)

-Ran

Smash Master
Awesome. I'm going to be late to work due to someone at the apartment complex jacking both driers for the building. This is going to be my final warning before termination. -.-;

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Why not just throw on some old clothes and a thin layer of cologne? Works for me when I don't have time to do the laundry before class.

-Ran

Smash Master
Cause Sprint has uniforms. I ended up calling everyone I knew to find a dryer. I made it to work on time. Yay.

My manager wanted me to be a douche. She was telling me to take the other clothes out. -.-

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Random dumb question: Do anyone know if DACUS is a glitch or just part of the design? It's being bugging me for a while now, lol

Top Bottom