• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

-Ran

Smash Master
A healthy ego is incredibly important to winning a tournament. The unfortunate thing is some players become douche bags in the process.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I wonder. If you made snake's box invisible (magenta right?), would that make snake under the box also invisible? Or would you see him sitting there pretending to hide in an imaginary box. Haha, the former would be sick.

-Ran

Smash Master
I didn't realize that Snake mains were so in love with textures. =/

I've got the tournament I run tomorrow. It's incredible important since the results are going to dictate my power ranking, since I've been out of the scene for four months. We have a major tournament the following week [LAST which is going to have 100 or so people from four+ states]. So I'm going to bring my A game.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
textures are fun and a good way to keep things interesting

and good luck Ran, kick some *** and rank high on your PR

mofo_

Smash Ace
lol invisbl box

it would be cool if you could make the box into the wii box

and yeah lol invisble c4 = mind games, son

mofo_

Smash Ace
baseball would be cool, change the RPG-7 into a bat , or the mortar mine/c4 would be a base plate :D
his box would say "HOMERUN!"

-Ran

Smash Master
I ended up placing 3rd in the tournament today. That's the highest I've ever placed in a tournament. I made it to the Winner's Finals where I lost to Lee Martin. =(

-Ran

Smash Master
Lee's Lucario is flat out amazing. Well, Lee's anything is amazing. I'm lucky that he's only an hour drive away, so I get to play with him a decent bit every month. He's where I get most of my match up experience from [but he refuses to play characters like D3 and Olimar for more than a match.] Lee's just beyond me... for now. =D

I have one week to get better for the next Smash tournament we're having which is a regional one that will feature of 100+ people. My goal is to get 40 hours of practice in, while working 40 hours. Lmao.

Tennet

Smash Champion
lies there was a picture of him with this chick and it was said to be his wife... D=

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Who here is coming to Genesis?
Genesis ftw. I'm definitely going but I haven't bought my ticket yet. I might get invited to the TvC tournament at EVO, which is the week after Genesis, so I might buy a ticket to Vegas instead of back to MI :D

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
I am gonna play each of you I see at Genesis

possibly MMs depending on how much I bring

SP, you're first =]

-Ran

Smash Master
I'd go to Genesis, but I'm not ready for it.... Had I been playing for the past four months I'd be close to the area I'd need to be.

**** it. I'm talking to Lee about it tomorrow. He'll probably think I'm insane.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I loathe Snake dittos. At the tournament this weekend I had 3 Snake dittos and each of them sucked. Although, it was definitely kinda weird having to do that many Snake dittos... the Midwest has never had many Snake players until recently (Nope came out of nowhere, and Smash64/Infern "dropped" their mains for Snake).

Also, I realized that I suck at the ditto on BF. I lost every ditto I played there... despite having 2-stocked the Snakes in every other game. I have a new ban, I guess :D

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I really should :/

Anybody have any tips on how to play consistent? I was playing like crap at the last tourney (despite getting 4th) and I'm probably one of the most inconsistent people I know. People know when I "sandbag," but I never really sandbag on purpose, and I usually don't know how to STOP sandbagging when I am :/

EDIT: Also, remember when I said RC isn't a bad Snake stage even against MK? Yeah, OS didn't believe me so he CP'ed me there with MK in tourney. I 2 stocked him <3

Tennet

Smash Champion
Are you going to Ori's tourney??

Snake Dittos look lulzy... I still haven't decided who to use against snake...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I might. I want to go to Ori's tourney then drive like 4 hours to EVO North that night, 'cuz Smash/TvC is on Sunday night, but it depends on if I can find a ride.

Nic64

Smash Lord
EDIT: Also, remember when I said RC isn't a bad Snake stage even against MK? Yeah, OS didn't believe me so he CP'ed me there with MK in tourney. I 2 stocked him <3
Him maining MK is becoming bad for his crusade o_O

I usually ban RC but I might have to experiment with it because I too ****ing hate BF when I'm Snake...it honestly seems to go worse for me against certain characters like MK or Wario than what would actually be considered counterpicks, stupid non neutral neutral >:

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
BF is REALLY hard to keep any stage control on. :/ We're actually talking about CPs/Bans against Snake players over in the Sonic boards and people are saying BF is good for Snake and I just don't see it. I tend to just camp while I'm there. I like to pop grenades and DACUS around for speed and BF messes with that by closing the gap too early. I rather like Rainbow Cruise. I use it against MK with Sonic since MK's air mobility suuuuucks and the KO's during the top section with Snake are awesome. Granted you lose all your mine and half of your C4 shenanigans but it's pretty fun. 'Specially since Cypher has that super armor. =D

Panda. I know how you feel. I can't play really well unless I'm playing someone with a rep. It always gives me the feeling that it doesn't matter if I win or lose and it makes it hard to play well. I'm not all notable and **** though so it's not like losing really screws over my reputation. Just pretend EVERYONE is M2K. lol

Tennet. D3. Seriously. He makes ME cry at least. T_T

Tennet

Smash Champion
*sigh* According to good D3 and Snake players Snake has the advantage, you have to out camp the D3 and Snake wins. D3 is only hard for people because most snakes don't know the match up

Top Bottom