• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'd say school johns is legit too. You in med school aren't you? What year are you in. Man, I just finished my first year at PA school and it's hard enough to keep on work and other stuff at the same time; I'm not even talking about Smash. Add smash on the list of things to do and it just gets even harder.
That's Samurai Panda. I'm just working full-time and doing correspondents for school. When I played Brawl a ton, it was because everywhere I went, everyone wanted to play the game. Now my friends have adopted a nonaggression pact against me in games. They refuse to play do any competitive game that puts them again me now. >>

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I've been testing around with the new Crouch cancel thingy and it seems we have frame advantage when we get hit by MK's Dtilt with CC. At low %s we have a 3 frame advantage
Oh good to know. Though i punish dtilt with dtilt :awesome: and it works :o
Oh randomly found this out in my set with cheese.
If after you popo dies, if you stick nana before she disappears, she'll reappear with the c4 on her still.
Lmao that's funny.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Oh good to know. Though i punish dtilt with dtilt :awesome: and it works :o

Lmao that's funny.
Lol yeah i've done that more times than I think I should have.

Oh randomly found this out in my set with cheese.
If after you popo dies, if you stick nana before she disappears, she'll reappear with the c4 on her still.
That is awesome, but I still haven't gotten the chance to play an ICs yet. o-o

napZzz

Smash Hero
I didn't quit the game, I just dont come here much anymore

scrUbs

@ran/topic that probably wasn't even being discussed. WOOP

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
I'm slowly playing less and less with Snake for Wario and Dk. Only reason I'm sticking with snake is cause I know the metagame best with him, but even then he's so boring when I have to play technical. I just might make him a ****ty pocket soon..

:phone:

ErikG

Smash Ace
I'm more or less sticking to Snake because I know him the best. But Pika is so tempting. Although double Snake friendlies with False rekindled some of my lost love for Snake.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I'm playing more snake than ever. Cuz I realized that Snake isn't necessarily ALL about grenades, but also about predicting what your opponents gonna do to, and that takes a load off the burden called grenades. huzza!

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
If a grenade doesn't cover your escape or limit the opponent, I consider it wasted.
Post-discovery of that, I went back to maining Falco, however. Lol. BDACUS surprisingly only takes a week to start using in tournament. Everything else came back like riding a bike!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I get bored with other characters.

Snake and ics are the only ones that I can be creative with IMO. Being myself and playing inventively actually pays off, unlike other characters.

Mike2

Smash Ace
What made you guys want to play Snake? For me, I can trace all back to 1 game. It was this game at MLG Columbus(as well as Ally's matches with Nick Riddle): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNPOR0NFvno
I remember watching this match and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
My face @ 1:45 of the video:

followed by

I'd think it's impressive now, but back then I was completely blown away! I'd never seen anything like that before(I didn't watch many videos ;-]).
I was maining ZSS and had not been to a single tournament and didn't play offline. Not too much later I decided I was maining Snake, and literally a week after that, I went to one of my first offline smashfests. I think went to smashfests literally almost every week after that for I don't know how long. lol

Notable mention for another video that inspired me to play Snake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3aURIDrv0
I actually originally watched because I wanted to see Nick Riddle as I was a ZSS main at the time.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm a huge MGS fan, so I was always looking forward to snake being in brawl. it turned out he was a good character so he became one of my first mains

fun fact: I frequently talk in snakes voice in my inner monologue

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
WAR was my inspiration to pick up Snake. I loved watching his matches and crazy **** he pulled in tourneys. He had an extremely unorthodox style with him, far different from any Snake out there. I incorporated his style into my own, and yeah.

I'm going to a tourney today. Ill try going all Snake one last time, and if I completely fail Im picking up Wario.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
It was when the game first came out. Nobody in my crew of players played Snake so I tried him out. The first time my opponent found himself on the ground between me and a grenade and got scared, I was like "hell yessssssss".

ErikG

Smash Ace
Snake just fit my style of play. I remember I went fro Tink to Fox to Falco to Snake. I just loved the way Snake felt.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What made you guys want to play Snake? For me, I can trace all back to 1 game. It was this game at MLG Columbus(as well as Ally's matches with Nick Riddle): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNPOR0NFvno
I remember watching this match and thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
My face @ 1:45 of the video:

followed by

I'd think it's impressive now, but back then I was completely blown away! I'd never seen anything like that before(I didn't watch many videos ;-]).
I was maining ZSS and had not been to a single tournament and didn't play offline. Not too much later I decided I was maining Snake, and literally a week after that, I went to one of my first offline smashfests. I think went to smashfests literally almost every week after that for I don't know how long. lol

Notable mention for another video that inspired me to play Snake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_3aURIDrv0
I actually originally watched because I wanted to see Nick Riddle as I was a ZSS main at the time.
I picked up snake because the first tourney i went to i saw these 2 guys playing him...(gallax and radix <3) and i liked what i saw. I had used him slightly b4 so i was like OH IK I'LL USE HIM IN DIS TOURNEY. Almost got 3rd place had the TO not put a win as a loss and just stuck with it. Though lately i've been slowly drifting from him.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
nice!!!

what games should i get for xbox 360?
What games do you like?

RPGS:
FFXIII
Tales of Vesperia
A lot of others I heard good stuff about but haven't played including Lost Odyssey

Fighters:
SSFIV
Blazblue 2
Marvel vs Capcom 3

FPS:
Halo Reach
I'd wait for CoD Modern Warefare 3 as opposed to Black Ops at this point, but your call.

Top Bottom