• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Damn thats true etecoon I keep playing it cause i have fun with it but do what u feel is right bro and it makes lots of sense from your perspective

I'd like a better fire emblem character. Lyn I think would have been a good choice, but disappointing that she did not get in. Roy over Marth.

Underload

Lazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7tIIDzlab8&feature=feedu

potentially very big for snake.

we can now may be able to drop nades in tornado. and grenade di sounds amazing.
That's really good. I'm not great with expressing emotions through text, but know that that's seriously a ****ing great discovery.

I should start posting videos again. Y'know, actually do something for the Snake boards again.

MASTER CHEF WOOP! WOOP! SWAG STAY COOKIN
BASED GOD SOCIAL THREAD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tklYWVV-xY
I cannot understand Nappy, ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7tIIDzlab8&feature=feedu

potentially very big for snake.

we can now may be able to drop nades in tornado. and grenade di sounds amazing.
lol Someone finally put 2 and 2 together to give us 4.
I don't think it is match-up changing. I mean, if you have a grenade in hand in the first place that is remotely cooked, it would blow up MK anyway in Nado and produce the same effect. This simply means you can do it faster. There is the risk you might fall out of the nado and not detonate it depending upon how you DI the tornado and which way MK is moving, but I see that as an abnormality probably.
Question about nado: So I know you can't SDI it but can you regular DI the hits?
Yes. You cannot SDI any part of the tornado except for the first hit. Anytime else you hold the control stick in a direction to move yourself in that direction within the tornado. If MK does it right, you cannot escape. Where is that video that explains this?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I don't think it is match-up changing. I mean, if you have a grenade in hand in the first place that is remotely cooked, it would blow up MK anyway in Nado and produce the same effect. This simply means you can do it faster. There is the risk you might fall out of the nado and not detonate it depending upon how you DI the tornado and which way MK is moving, but I see that as an abnormality probably.
not mu changing, but helpful under the right circumstances.

dropping inside the tornado is much better than having it go off after the tornado is finished. period.

but think about other things, like if you get dthrown, or hell, even hit by ftilt1/dtilt while holding a nade. while these instances are rare, this results in significantly better outcomes for us.

and like i said, grenade di sounds broken. in theory, we should live even longer on occasion, also i would like this tested.

it also changes the diddy mu quite significantly, if diddy shouldnt be able to use usmash/dash attack when we're holding a banana. and his follow ups from throws should be become a bit more limited also.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I cannot understand Nappy, ever.

Yes. You cannot SDI any part of the tornado except for the first hit. Anytime else you hold the control stick in a direction to move yourself in that direction within the tornado. If MK does it right, you cannot escape. Where is that video that explains this?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Tornado is so easy to space so it won't blow up a nade. And then they can just drag you with them to not get blown up at the end. It happens ALLLL THE TIME.

But shmot this was the first thing i thought of when i saw that vid haha. Could prove pretty useful. My question is how do you know you're doing it right...? What makes it different from a normal aerial insta-toss?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Dropping inside the nade should be performed by holding down r and mashing a, I think.

Other wise you'd airdodge drop it (r followed by z really quickly) because it can happen much faster out of Hitstun.

:phone:

why doesn't anyone ever cancel their c4??? It's good for mindgames
I find it difficult to do consistently, and it is honestly not that big of a deal. Placing a C4 somewhere after you hit your opponent is a good idea since they will likely follow their little character as they get hit and not see where you placed it exactly.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
lol wtf how do you cancel the c4
^This

Is it when you land during the animation/sound and it doesn't come out?

If so, it's not that helpful because:

1. Having a real C4 there is better than them... thinking you do, at the very least you can do some shield damage, and if they dodge, hit them again.
2. When you plant a real C4, they'll forget the old one anyway

If there's some way to cancel the detonation, THAT could be helpful...

The only legitimate one I am aware of in brawl normal is using the C4 close to the ground where you cancel the animation by hitting the ground just after the sound comes out.

To me this is hard to do consistently and does not amount to much. Did they pay attention to the sound in the first place? Did you do it right and it actually did not stick?

napZzz

Smash Hero
if all it does is jus make the c4 noise with a whack animation, how is it useful? It wont be seen and they'll hear you lay out the real one afterwards anyways, useless imo, just a waste of a move

anyone who isn't ******** will notice it right away

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
If you platform cancel with the C4 at the EDGE of the platform, you like slide off of it in a lagless sort of way and you can do an aerial or something else rather quickly.

I kinda want to test this out and see if it has any uses.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
If you platform cancel with the C4 at the EDGE of the platform, you like slide off of it in a lagless sort of way and you can do an aerial or something else rather quickly.

I kinda want to test this out and see if it has any uses.
Thats watsup i knew it wasnt useless let me know if it works well

:phone:

Top Bottom